The End of the Age?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Over the last five months from the time I originally started thin thread this nation, plus the entire world, has sunk even lower - and at an accelerated rate. The world's progress in political violence, military conflicts, financial crises, moral and spiritual instability seems to have hit a state of free fall. Or, has anyone even noticed?
A few have noticed, but how many are listening to and obeying the Word of God?

Reactions: Shittim

Shittim

Nov 19, 2020
Iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
His Own are, few though we may be.
Most, as Jesus said, hold to an outward form of Godliness, denying the Power.
He is coming first for those who are watching.

Reactions: amadeus

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One thing that hasn't been mentioned is the transformative effect of technology. Peoples' brains are literally being rewired and molded like putty.

Forty years ago, I was an in-house attorney with Xerox. People may not realize it, but much of the pioneering work for what became the internet was done at Xerox' Palo Alto Research Center (PARC). Way back then, when PCs were almost comically primitive, the Xerox attorneys had on their desks networked systems called Alto that were just about as sophisticated as anything I've used since. (They cost $20K, which is why they weren't marketed.)

Anyway, I always recall one of the PARC scientists saying that the development of the Ethernet was very mysterious. He specifically said, not in an intentionally religious way, "It was almost as though some spirit were guiding it." That has always stuck with me. As I've watched the internet, cell phones and social media completely alter humanity - including in some very destructive ways - I've wondered just what that "spirit" might have been. No prior generation that thought it was in the end times ever dealt with anything this life-altering.

Reactions: Shittim and Azim

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is going to clean His FILTHY house. We have thousands of 'Christian' churches that have drastic different doctrines. Satan has been busy! Blood is gonna flow! It's just over the horizon.

2 Corinthians 11:14-15
14 Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light. 15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.

It ain't gonna be pretty folks. Judgment will begin at "the house of God"! Then He will deal with the rest.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Shittim