The End of the Age?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

AW Bowman

Jun 7, 2022
East Texas
hatalmidim.boards.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a few ideas, observations, and suggestions that I would like to share with this forum. Now, I am not some great spiritual leader, something like a latter-day Moses, a prophet the likes Isaiah, a teacher like an Apostle, or even a Bible expert. I am, however, like so many here on this forum, a simple student of Scripture. Therefore, I openly admit that I have no claim to spiritual authority.

Yet, I do keep abreast of the political, social, and religious trends taking place locally, nationally, and even internationally. Therefore, the following are my personal observations, conclusions and recommendations – for everyone to consider or dismiss, as you may think appropriate.

1. The entire world has turned into the devil’s playground. There are armed conflicts literally (or at a very high potential) in every area of the world, the Middle East not withstanding.

2. There are increasing number and size of earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, tsunamis, cyclones, tornadoes, droughts. floods, high sun activity, etc. than normal – the entire physical world is experiencing convulsions. This has been going on and getting worse for decades, moving the expected “normal” level of events further up the scale.

3. Another area of concern is the frequency and number of unexpected wildlife deaths. Thousands of both freshwater and saltwater fish dying by the tens of thousands, whales beaching themselves by the hundreds, birds by thousands falling out of the sky and off perches (power lines, trees, etc.).

4. The growing frequency and severity of both local and international pandemics, especially today in Africa and Asia.

5. Then there is the worldwide rise in the immorality of mankind. Lawlessness is growing like a fungus throughout the world, from shoplifting to horrendous murders, rampant corruption from local, national, and state politicians, to even our national and international leaders. Then there is the failure to protect our children from sexual predators, including those who market young children into sexual slavery – those who they have not killed in the womb or mutilated their bodies in order to mimic the opposite sex. The growing number of couples living together without marriage. Homosexual activity increasing, etc. The degradation of our world societies continues at a growing pace.

6. Look around this planet and even here at home. Religious persecution is growing by the day, especially for Jews and Christians – even among so called “Christian Nations”. Here in the U.S. there are new rules and laws being passed by almost every state that infringe on the free exercise of our faith. From business operations to education, from personal expressions (speech, publications) to the legal system (local, state and federal).

7. The mass media/propaganda centers (including the entertainment industry) are out of control, uniting with the government to influence how we think and what we think. Many movies and video series have started to add more sexual and sexualy deviant acts in their productions, and have for decades.

8. The ancient gods are worshiped once again, i.e. Satan and his demons. From Baal to Ishtar to Tammuz, and to many others, they have worked their will throughout the world, and even here in America. Their fingerprints are everywhere. Their signs include the rise in greed, the lust for power, and sexual perversion.

Over time we have had some victories for our faith. A few folks have stood up, have been counted, and have a price. So the question has been begged, “What do we do now?”

Every generation, since the first churches were founded, we have had believers who thought they were living in the end times, even that the great "catching away” of the saints had either already occurred or was about to. Folks were also looking for the second coming of Christ during their lifetime. These hopeful views has been wrong in every generation for over 2,000 years, of course. Well I for one, thinks that these events have not yet happened, but could very soon. How soon is “soon”? It’s on God’s time table, not ours. Then again, check both old and new scriptures.

Back to the question, “So, what do we do now?”

Here are my suggestions: (1) Get right with God. If you have unrepentant sin in your life, repent. (2) Share the gospel with others and what God/The Word/Jesus has accomplished in your life. (3) Stand up for Jesus and be counted among His disciples (students). Obey His instructions and keep the Commandments, from a position of mutual love, not out of obligation. (4) Finally, take heart, be of good cheer, look up for our redemption draws nigh. And, (5) Remember, you to shall be persecuted.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like you I believe that are many gods, though I do believe Satan has been done away with. Many gods that are not God, and divine just like him, there are idols as well that individuals (including myself,) could set up for themselves.

While the world does it's own thing, the only thing a person can truly do is stay in course of keeping ones own lot in check, share when spirit led, and continue to love Yahava, and love others. What else can you really do, aside from suffer while picking up your cross and follow after Yeshua?

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a few ideas, observations, and suggestions that I would like to share with this forum. Now, I am not some great spiritual leader, something like a latter-day Moses, a prophet the likes Isaiah, a teacher like an Apostle, or even a Bible expert. I am, however, like so many here on this forum, a simple student of Scripture. Therefore, I openly admit that I have no claim to spiritual authority.

Yet, I do keep abreast of the political, social, and religious trends taking place locally, nationally, and even internationally. Therefore, the following are my personal observations, conclusions and recommendations – for everyone to consider or dismiss, as you may think appropriate.

1. The entire world has turned into the devil’s playground. There are armed conflicts literally (or at a very high potential) in every area of the world, the Middle East not withstanding.

2. There are increasing number and size of earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, tsunamis, cyclones, tornadoes, droughts. floods, high sun activity, etc. than normal – the entire physical world is experiencing convulsions. This has been going on and getting worse for decades, moving the expected “normal” level of events further up the scale.

3. Another area of concern is the frequency and number of unexpected wildlife deaths. Thousands of both freshwater and saltwater fish dying by the tens of thousands, whales beaching themselves by the hundreds, birds by thousands falling out of the sky and off perches (power lines, trees, etc.).

4. The growing frequency and severity of both local and international pandemics, especially today in Africa and Asia.

5. Then there is the worldwide rise in the immorality of mankind. Lawlessness is growing like a fungus throughout the world, from shoplifting to horrendous murders, rampant corruption from local, national, and state politicians, to even our national and international leaders. Then there is the failure to protect our children from sexual predators, including those who market young children into sexual slavery – those who they have not killed in the womb or mutilated their bodies in order to mimic the opposite sex. The growing number of couples living together without marriage. Homosexual activity increasing, etc. The degradation of our world societies continues at a growing pace.

6. Look around this planet and even here at home. Religious persecution is growing by the day, especially for Jews and Christians – even among so called “Christian Nations”. Here in the U.S. there are new rules and laws being passed by almost every state that infringe on the free exercise of our faith. From business operations to education, from personal expressions (speech, publications) to the legal system (local, state and federal).

7. The mass media/propaganda centers (including the entertainment industry) are out of control, uniting with the government to influence how we think and what we think. Many movies and video series have started to add more sexual and sexualy deviant acts in their productions, and have for decades.

8. The ancient gods are worshiped once again, i.e. Satan and his demons. From Baal to Ishtar to Tammuz, and to many others, they have worked their will throughout the world, and even here in America. Their fingerprints are everywhere. Their signs include the rise in greed, the lust for power, and sexual perversion.

Over time we have had some victories for our faith. A few folks have stood up, have been counted, and have a price. So the question has been begged, “What do we do now?”

Every generation, since the first churches were founded, we have had believers who thought they were living in the end times, even that the great "catching away” of the saints had either already occurred or was about to. Folks were also looking for the second coming of Christ during their lifetime. These hopeful views has been wrong in every generation for over 2,000 years, of course. Well I for one, thinks that these events have not yet happened, but could very soon. How soon is “soon”? It’s on God’s time table, not ours. Then again, check both old and new scriptures.

Here are my suggestions: (1) Get right with God. If you have unrepentant sin in your life, repent. (2) Share the gospel with others and what God/The Word/Jesus has accomplished in your life. (3) Stand up for Jesus and be counted among His disciples (students). Obey His instructions and keep the Commandments, from a position of mutual love, not out of obligation. (4) Finally, take heart, be of good cheer, look up for our redemption draws nigh. And, (5) Remember, you to shall be persecuted.

This deserves to be repeated, so I'm quoting it.

Reactions: amadeus

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thanks for the summary! What these things ought to confirm rather, is that indeed, "there is nothing new under the sun."

I mean...Satan and evil have been at work since the first week! And thank God most have thought their own times were the end--because, for them, it was. Think about that.

If such a statement ("there is nothing new under the sun") were finally considered to actually be true--and not denied as so many (most) have done to claim their own times were surely the end (or even worse, that they weren't), even as it is now-- Then...finally we could get around to facing the fact that our own times are indeed that last days--which together seem to overlap or even bring the then and now of all history together into the same last time that is accurately defined as "there is nothing new under the sun."

Oh, but there are so many arguments--the wheel, electricity, modern medicine--the list of justifications to say, "See, things are in fact new under the sun!"...not unlike Satan's first lie in the garden, and yet, is that not what most have believed? Indeed it is!

And so [again] I repeat myself...or Paul rather, who organized each of the masses that lived before and after the cross into groups for simplicity of thought--but then said "but"--"but each one in his own order." And there [again] you have it: "nothing new under the sun", the "end" fairly distributed to touch every life and generation--not as it has been believed, "but each one in his own order"...and true and reconciled to every word written about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm chapter 83 . Secular humanism is bad news. Instead of studying sound doctrine. Some people accept media, false doctrine from some churches, motivation speakers lying to people.

These people secular humanism and ignore what Gods word says. They even think thier Opion is more relevant than what God's word says.

False brethren and some ignorant people.
American people put with usery, high taxes, and manipulative politicians and l loan sharks.

But some people wont repent and conform to God's standard.

Psalm chapter 50
God doesn't listen to the wicked and false brethren.
Sins are road blocks to God.
Those who distort God's word.
Jesus won't listen to false brethren or wicked.

Gospel of Peter tells us SCOFFERS will come in latter times.

Some brethren tailor God's word or make distortions. They lack faith.
So secular humanism works just fine for them. There also biblically illiterate.

Joshua chapter 7 . Gideon had to weed out Israel down to 400 or 700. Gideon sent home all the wimps. They went to war against the Midianites.

Ephesians chapter 6 . Gospel armour is knowledge and wisdom of God's word. This is needed to get past antichrist lies and deception near future.

We can't have cowards in the foxholes with us.

Second thessalonians chapter 2 . God has been sending strong delusions on those who love not the truth. The wimps are being weeded out.

We can't have wimps in the Christian army, when satan as antichrist comes 6th trump. Cowards are not fit for battle.

Matthew chapter 24 . Jesus told us about the sign's of the end times. Were at the beginning of sorrows.

Let the wimps waddle in secular humanism and false doctrine.

Psalm chapter 9 . The wicked and false brethren have spot in hell.

Jim C

Sep 5, 2023
Lynnwood
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Put on the full armor of God and hold on to your Bibles because it is only going to get worse.
Know that by the end of the Tribulation the unbelievers will be so sunken into depravity and unrepentance that even when God pours out His Wrath upon them in full strength they will  still refuse to repent and glorify God.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
^^ The end of the age????

Which age is being referred to in the title? The end of this present age, the sixth age from Adam, or is the seventh age being pointed to?

What is going to happen at the end of this present age?

The Kings of the earth and the heavenly hosts will be judged and those found wanting will be imprisoned in a pit for many days to await the time of their punishment.

When the Kings of the earth, the armies of the Little Horn as he tramples God's sanctuary and His earthly hosts, have completed this task after the passing of 2,300 years, then all of Israel will be saved.

God will gather all of Israel to Himself and plant them in Christ's fertile field and teach them on the Christ centred religion of Israel. God will purify the nation of Israel by the sprinkling of water over them and will renew the covenant that He had entered into previously at Mt Sinai, which the Israelites at that time had rebelled against when they had Aaron made the Golden Calf to be their God.

God has also promised that He will remove all the beasts of the field from the earth for a season during the seventh age and that after that during the little while period at the end of the Seventh Age the Bottomless pit will be unlocked and all of the entities that had been imprisoned in the Bottomless pit will rise up in an attempt to overthrow God on the earth.

When the wicked rebelling heavenly hosts gather an army to march across the whole earth and then gather at Jerusalem, to create the Great Tribulation at that time, the Beast and the false Prophet will be initially captured and dispatched into the Lake of Fire and following that, Satan will also be captured by Christ and dispatched into the Lake of fire with the beast and the False prophet.

Then Christ will be seen descending from the Clouds with all of the Heavenly hosts to judge the peoples of the earth, some to everlasting Glory, because of their recorded righteousness, while the others, because their name is not found in the Book of Life, they will be sent into the lake of Fire.

Then the Earth and the heavens will be renewed and be joined together, and all of the Saints will gather together to worship God.

Now which age is this tread supposed to address?

Shalom

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
About the resurrection, make sure to keep this in your timelines.
Christ is the first fruits, the firstborn from the dead. Already occurred.
The second event is the second advent of Christ, still yet to occur the resurrection of all believers in Christ.
Then comes the end when Christ has reigned and put all enemies of God under His feet.
Yes, there are a lot of things written about that will occur during that time of the end of the world (age)
The Day of the Lord is the Day of Christ's return.
And there is much written about in OT and NT about that Day.

Colossians 1:18
And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.

1 Corinthians 15

20 But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruits of those who have [d]fallen asleep. 21 For since by man came death, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive. 23 But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ’s at His coming. 24 Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power. 25 For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet. 26 The last enemy that will be destroyed is death. 27 For “He has put all things under His feet.” But when He says “all things are put under Him,it is evident that He who put all things under Him is excepted. 28 Now when all things are made subject to Him, then the Son Himself will also be subject to Him who put all things under Him, that God may be all in all.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Christ has been reigning over heaven and earth at the right-hand side of God for about 2000 years now after He was raised up by God.
God gave that authority and power to Christ.

Matthew 28:18
And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.

But we do not yet see all enemies put under His feet. For Christ has many enemies in this world. Christ will reign at the right hand of God until all His enemies are destroyed.

Psalm 110:1
The Lord said unto my Lord, “Sit Thou at My right hand, until I make Thine enemies Thy footstool.”

Matthew 22:44
‘The Lord said unto my Lord, “Sit Thou on My right hand until I make Thine enemies Thy footstool”’?

Acts 2:33
Therefore being exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He poured out this which you now see and hear.
34 “For David did not ascend into the heavens, but he says himself:

‘The Lord said to my Lord,
“Sit at My right hand,
35 Till I make Your enemies Your footstool.” ’

Hebrews 2
5 For He has not put the world to come, of which we speak, in subjection to angels. 6 But one testified in a certain place, saying:

“What is man that You are mindful of him,
Or the son of man that You take care of him?
7 You have made him [d]a little lower than the angels;
You have crowned him with glory and honor,
[e]And set him over the works of Your hands.
8 You have put all things in subjection under his feet.”
For in that He put all in subjection under him, He left nothing that is not put under him. But now we do not yet see all things put under him. 9 But we see Jesus, who was made [f]a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that He, by the grace of God, might taste death for everyone.

Don't let anyone convince you Christ is not reigning over this world and heaven right now, even though we do not yet see all things put under Him.
There is war ongoing and His enemies are in rebellion against God and His servants, which someday He will put an end to all of that so that all the words of God are fulfilled as they must be according to the plans and purpose of God..

Revelation 11
15 Then the seventh angel sounded: And there were loud voices in heaven, saying, “The [f]kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever!” 16 And the twenty-four elders who sat before God on their thrones fell on their faces and worshiped God, 17 saying:

“We give You thanks, O Lord God Almighty,
The One who is and who was [g]and who is to come,
Because You have taken Your great power and reigned.
18 The nations were angry, and Your [h]wrath has come,
And the time of the dead, that they should be judged,
And that You should reward Your servants the prophets and the saints,
And those who fear Your name, small and great,
And should destroy those who destroy the earth.”

Last edited:

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I googled the year of the worst natural disasters, and guess what, 2023 has been the worst year for natural disasters. That doesn't include wars. Right now, it's the USA, Israel, and maybe England, against the world.

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
www.greatmysteryofchrist.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a few ideas, observations, and suggestions that I would like to share with this forum.
Dear Mr. Bowman,
Yes, things are bad in the world but those bad times have ebbed and flowed since mankind has been on the earth. As one of the posters on this thread said: "there is nothing new under the sun". However, this age will come to an end someday but whether or not the time is near, "end-time" prophecy does not teach about it.

End-time prophecy is not teaching about one-time world events which will supposedly happen at the end of this age - that is not what end-time prophecy teaches.

Concerning the prophecies of Daniel, Revelation and Matthew chapter 24; these prophecies do not teach about future physical events which supposedly occur at the end of this present age. These prophecies teach on the spiritual events that happen "within" each Elect person as they travel the pathway to their moment of salvation.

Look again at what the book of Revelation actually teaches. Notice Rev 22:7 & 9 which say the Elect (the blessed) will "keep" the sayings of the prophecies:

Rev 22:7 Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.

Rev 22:9 Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellow servant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God. 10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.

Also, the prophecies were NOT SEALED even at the time John received the vision. The events described by the prophecies were already happening within the Elect believers of that day. That is why John was told the "time is at hand" and that the events will happen "quickly".

Rev 1:3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

Rev 22:20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

It has been nearly 2,000 years since the end-time prophecies were given. If they have not occurred yet as most believe, how can that length of time be considered quick? And why can the prophesied events be "at hand" if no one has ever experienced them yet? Were the prophecies not written for anyone who has lived these past centuries?

The truth is that these prophecies are not one-time physical future events - they are reoccurring spiritual events which have been happening within all the Elect since the prophecies were given to John. That is why Christ comes "quickly" and why the time for the prophesied events is "at hand".

The second coming of Christ is a "reoccurring" event. It is a spiritual return when He comes to each of His Elect to convert them.

Christ's second coming first occurred to the Jewish Elect on the Day of Pentecost and it has been reoccurring within the lives of each of the Elect ever since.

Christ "is, was and will be coming" to all the Elect during each of their lifetimes:

Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Rev 4:8 And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.

Rev 11:17 saying: “We give You thanks, O Lord God Almighty, the One who is and who was and who is to come, because you have taken your great power and reigned.

Understanding the prophecies as being one-time future world events is a "carnal" understanding of the prophecies. To properly understand the prophecies, they must be spiritually understood and that takes "ears that can hear" and "eyes that can see" spiritual things.

Here is what Paul said about the end of the age:

1Cor 10:11 Now all these things happened to them as TYPES, and have been written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the ages are come.

The "end-time" occurs when it comes upon an Elect person. It is their moment of salvation. For all converted Elect believers, the "ends of the ages" have already come upon them. They have experienced the "second coming of Christ" when He brings them salvation:

Heb 9:28 So Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

When Christ first comes to an Elect believer, He will give them the Early Rain of the Spirit. The Jewish Elect received the Early Rain during Christ's ministry. That is when the Jewish Elect first called Jesus "Lord" and when they recognized that He was the Christ. They also received spiritual gifts which they used when Christ sent them out to spread the message that the Kingdom of Heaven (Christ) was "at hand". However, the Early Rain of the Spirit does not heal a person's spiritual blindness, nor does it convert them. For that reason, the Jewish Elect had to wait for Christ to return with the Latter Rain of the Spirit (baptism of the Spirit). When that day arrived (the Day of Pentecost), Christ poured out the Latter Rain of the Spirit upon them and converted them.

James said this:

James 5:7 Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receives the EARLY and LATTER RAIN. 8 Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.

James was addressing believers in the church who had only received the Early Rain of the Spirit. James was encouraging them to have patience while they waited for the Lord to return with the Latter Rain of the Spirit. It is only after a believer has been given both the Early and Latter Rains that they are converted. The spiritual events leading up to an Elect believer's conversion is what end-time prophecy is actually teaching. Because that is what it teaches, the time is "at hand" and has been "at hand" for every Elect believer since the book of Revelation was written.

Joe

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Men and women of all walks of life are losing their jobs right now. All tech companies are laying off. Banks are letting people go, it seems almost all industries are affected. All in the last half of this year. And it seems everyone is angry at some group.

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Shittim

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mass shootings in the USA this year alone. People run over people in parades. Jesus is coming soon; Violence is increasing.

AW Bowman

Jun 7, 2022
East Texas
hatalmidim.boards.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
^^ The end of the age????

Which age is being referred to in the title? The end of this present age, the sixth age from Adam, or is the seventh age being pointed to?

What is going to happen at the end of this present age?

The Kings of the earth and the heavenly hosts will be judged and those found wanting will be imprisoned in a pit for many days to await the time of their punishment.

When the Kings of the earth, the armies of the Little Horn as he tramples God's sanctuary and His earthly hosts, have completed this task after the passing of 2,300 years, then all of Israel will be saved.

God will gather all of Israel to Himself and plant them in Christ's fertile field and teach them on the Christ centred religion of Israel. God will purify the nation of Israel by the sprinkling of water over them and will renew the covenant that He had entered into previously at Mt Sinai, which the Israelites at that time had rebelled against when they had Aaron made the Golden Calf to be their God.

God has also promised that He will remove all the beasts of the field from the earth for a season during the seventh age and that after that during the little while period at the end of the Seventh Age the Bottomless pit will be unlocked and all of the entities that had been imprisoned in the Bottomless pit will rise up in an attempt to overthrow God on the earth.

When the wicked rebelling heavenly hosts gather an army to march across the whole earth and then gather at Jerusalem, to create the Great Tribulation at that time, the Beast and the false Prophet will be initially captured and dispatched into the Lake of Fire and following that, Satan will also be captured by Christ and dispatched into the Lake of fire with the beast and the False prophet.

Then Christ will be seen descending from the Clouds with all of the Heavenly hosts to judge the peoples of the earth, some to everlasting Glory, because of their recorded righteousness, while the others, because their name is not found in the Book of Life, they will be sent into the lake of Fire.

Then the Earth and the heavens will be renewed and be joined together, and all of the Saints will gather together to worship God.

Now which age is this tread supposed to address?

Shalom
Thank you! Point well taken.

The reference is to this current age, what ever this age may be. Most prophecies, if not all, has both a current as well as future aspect to them, and future applications ae generally are not recognized until after the fact.

Shalom V'Shalom

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have been thinking lately that in all my years I have never known such chaos in the world. It seems to be everywhere, as has been said, in the natural disasters and also in politics, media, healthcare, education in fact in all areas of life. There have been incidents in the past but more or less stand alone. But everything seems to be affected, all areas seem to be affected. We must trust our God.

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thank you! Point well taken.

The reference is to this current age, what ever this age may be. Most prophecies, if not all, has both a current as well as future aspect to them, and future applications ae generally are not recognized until after the fact.

Shalom V'Shalom

In the NT, where we see the English word "Earthquake" the wrong context is being presented. In Matt when it describes the angel coming down from heaven to roll the stone away from the entrance of the tomb that an earthquake occurred, the Greek Word "seismos" actually has the meaning of "turmoil," in other words that was great turmoil in the Guard at the tomb, and they ran away frightened because of they had seen an Angel descending down through the air to the tomb to roll the stone away. It is physical impossible to create an earthquake in the air or in a liquid.

The signs of "Great turmoil" around the world is a reference to the Great world wars that happen in the last century and the people of the world were in great turmoil not knowing what the final outcome would be. In the Seventh Bowl judgement there are a number of prophetic signs given that confirms this time period. Presently we are seeing the Sixth Bowl Judgement unfolding before us and the events around the 9/11 events where three planes/foul like frog spirits performed signs and wonders were seen all around the world to begin the process of drawing the Kings of the earth to assemble at Armageddon to be judged after the completion of the 2,300 years of the Little Horn having armies to trample God's sanctuary and His earthly hosts within the next 20 or so years.

Sadly, many people are missing these signs and as such Satan is having a field day equipping his good and faithful servants to provide resistance against God establishing His Everlasting Kingdom here on the earth shortly after the judgement of Isaiah 24:21-22, because they have no eyes to see or ears to hear what is unfolding at this present time.

The biggest sin that is being perpetuated at this present time is that mankind can act God like and remove the present perceived problems on the earth and the "Church" has now also jumped onboard this delusion of mankind.

If the "Church" would humble themselves and repent of their idolatrous sin, then God will hear from Heaven and He will Heal the infected fertile fields that we are presently inhabiting.

Such a simple solution is not acceptable for many of us. We believe that we have Jesus as our "rock" and as such God would not come against His Church.

Shalom

Reactions: AW Bowman

AW Bowman

Jun 7, 2022
East Texas
hatalmidim.boards.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been thinking lately that in all my years I have never known such chaos in the world. It seems to be everywhere, as has been said in the natural disasters and also in politics, media, healthcare, education in fact in all areas of life. There have been incidents in the past but more or less stand alone. But everything seems to be affected, all areas seem to be affected. We must trust our God.
That was what I was attempting to convey in my original posting, along with some suggestions on how we might approach the future. I am 100% in favor of Bible reading and study, however I also think spending too much of our time discussing the finer points of the Bible should be placed lower on our priorities. We need to spend more time testing ourselves and evaluating where we stand before our Lord before playing scriptural one-upmanship with one another. I think we (I) should be spending more time standing for Christ before the world.

Generally, I attempt to take what Bible knowledge I possess and live according to that knowledge, being open to correction and instruction when necessary and when it is biblical. Seeking wisdom, I think, is at the top priority list. Mature faith being the wisest goal.

Reactions: amadeus and Pearl

AW Bowman

Jun 7, 2022
East Texas
hatalmidim.boards.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Over the last five months from the time I originally started thin thread this nation, plus the entire world, has sunk even lower - and at an accelerated rate. The world's progress in political violence, military conflicts, financial crises, moral and spiritual instability seems to have hit a state of free fall. Or, has anyone even noticed?

Reactions: Shittim and amadeus

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Times of the Gentiles are coming to an end. Last week, for the first time in the USA and Israel's history, the USA put forth a resolution in the United Nations against Israel. Israel responded by standing up to the whole world by itself. Luke 21:24 and Romans 11:25.

• Sad
Reactions: Shittim

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Over the last five months from the time I originally started thin thread this nation, plus the entire world, has sunk even lower - and at an accelerated rate. The world's progress in political violence, military conflicts, financial crises, moral and spiritual instability seems to have hit a state of free fall. Or, has anyone even noticed?
I've noticed and publicly shouted it out. I flat out told one bible study the time is up,

Reactions: Shittim