The Errors of Modern Day Christianity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WgK

Nov 27, 2018
Texas
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Lets take a Look at what you have posted here.

"Let the woman learn in silence"
here "woman" is
G1135 γυνή gune (ǰ ï-nee') n.
1. a woman.
2. (specially) a wife.
[probably from the base of G1096]
KJV: wife, woman

Woman in context of this verse is wife. it's not talking about all women, and the setting is in the home and not the church.

how we know that it's talking about a wife and not women in general. here's how, just keep on reading to verse 15.
1Tim 2:15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

the "she" is the woman in verses 11 & 12. and here is the revealing thing about the "she", shall be saved in childbearing.
now WgK, what type of woman is suppose to, legally in the eyes of God, bear children? answer, a MARRIED one. the verse is not speaking of women in general but a "WIFE" at home. so you can't use that anymore. so tear that verse back in to your bible.

Phil 4:3 And I intreat thee also, true yokefellow, help those women which laboured with me in the gospel, with Clement also, and with other my fellowlabourers, whose names are in the book of life.

A woman Pastor? the term Pastor is interchangeable with the term Bishop, Elder. well the bible put one right in your face. the book of Romans chapter 16. let's break this down so we may know.
Rom 16:3 Greet Priscilla and Aquila my helpers in Christ Jesus:
this word "helpers" here is the Greek word,
G4904 συνεργός sunergos (sïn-er-ğos') adj.
a co-laborer, i.e. coadjutor.

now, if you was catholic, right off the bat you would know what coadjutor means. but if you're not catholic, go to dictionary.com and let's look it up. the British definition is: a bishop appointed as assistant to a diocesan bishop.

for the English reader,
1. an assistant.
2. an assistant to a bishop or other ecclesiastic.
3. a bishop who assists another bishop, with the right of succession.

take not of Definition #3. because they, Priscilla and Aquila, was helping the bishop, (apostle), Paul with the right of succession here in chapter 16. meaning both Priscilla and Aquila are bishops/pastors themselves.

Just look up definitions of words to get the full meat of the scriptures.

I'll stop here and give you a chance to respond. and then we will look at a woman Pastor who headed up a Church in the bible.

How come they left out your interpretation
when they wrote this about women?

That don't make any sense.
They should have at least explained it to us as you.

Good thing you were born and put here to interpret it for us.

lol

lol

lol

WgK

Nov 27, 2018
Texas
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
John's First Epistle speaks about continuing to walk in the light. This is what the true believer does.

One is not supposedly saved at first and then lost.
lol

lol

lol

Why don't you just admit you do not love God
and be done with it.

At least that would be acceptable to God.

lol

lol

lol

WgK

Nov 27, 2018
Texas
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I wonder if you would try on God
that to which you are trying on me?

lol

lol

lol

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How come they left out your interpretation
when they wrote this about women?

That don't make any sense.
They should have at least explained it to us as you.

Good thing you were born and put here to interpret it for us.

lol

lol

lol
#1. I have no interpretation, nor do you.
2Pet 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

see, the bible say,
2Tim 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

no need for any interpretation, just "RIGHTLY DIVIDE" ..... :eek:

WgK

Nov 27, 2018
Texas
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
#1. I have no interpretation, nor do you.
2Pet 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

see, the bible say,
2Tim 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

no need for any interpretation, just "RIGHTLY DIVIDE" ..... :eek:
lol

lol

lol

Now this is funny.

WgK

Nov 27, 2018
Texas
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
he already has, is not the bible/scriptures his spoken word?...... :eek:
lol

lol

lol

You believe every word God has or is going to speak is written in a book?

lol

lol

lol

WgK

Nov 27, 2018
Texas
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
This is enjoyable

I love to laugh at the enemies of God.

They always lose.

lol

lol

lol

and they are very stupid.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol

lol

lol

You believe every word God has or is going to speak is written in a book?

lol

lol

lol
you're dismissed.

be blessed, and I hope God open your eyes.

WgK

Nov 27, 2018
Texas
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The Lord God
told me that the Catholics as a whole
were among the worse sinners on the face of the whole earth.

In other words they as a whole
sin as much or worse than the
worse sinners on all the earth.

They stink to high heaven.

WgK

Nov 27, 2018
Texas
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
You see
the reason you and all these verses
you are quoting have no power
is because for them and you to have any power

YOU HAVE TO LIVE IT
AND PASS ALL THE TESTS
THAT YOU WILL BE TESTED
TO VERIFY YOU in the Spirit realm.

Just quoting them has no power
whatsoever in the Spirit realm.

This is the reason Jesus gave His life upon the cross.

TO OBTAIN ALL POWER IN THE SPIRIT REALM.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fortunately Jesus came and saved me and I didn't know what had happened never having read the Bible or gone to church. He came as in Ezekiel 34 and I had nothing to unlearn.

Be merciful to me a sinner was my cry.
Same with me. I was raised Catholic but didn't know anything about the bible. We were first generation Christians. It was hard because I listened to so many voices - I learned that there are many bad teachers on TV and radio. I finally developed discernment and that's what I use to evaluate the truth of someones teaching.

Regarding women preachers: I am a woman but as I read the bible, it tells me that women aren't supposed to teach. I don't know how else that verse can be interpreted. We also attended a strict Presbyterian church on time that taught very clearly that women weren't supposed to teach. So maybe that influenced me somewhat, but it's in the bible. Generally if I go to a website that has a woman pastor I won't read it. If it's a woman author, such as Jesse Penn Louis then I'll read it, but other than that I generally avoid it. God never really led me to look into this in depth, but that's how I think now.

WgK

Nov 27, 2018
Texas
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Same with me. I was raised Catholic but didn't know anything about the bible. We were first generation Christians. It was hard because I listened to so many voices - I learned that there are many bad teachers on TV and radio. I finally developed discernment and that's what I use to evaluate the truth of someones teaching.

Regarding women preachers: I am a woman but as I read the bible, it tells me that women aren't supposed to teach. I don't know how else that verse can be interpreted. We also attended a strict Presbyterian church on time that taught very clearly that women weren't supposed to teach. So maybe that influenced me somewhat, but it's in the bible. Generally if I go to a website that has a woman pastor I won't read it. If it's a woman author, such as Jesse Penn Louis then I'll read it, but other than that I generally avoid it. God never really led me to look into this in depth, but that's how I think now.
What is the difference between grace and mercy?

And what is Sovereign grace?

And what is the difference between

Sovereign grace and grace?

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't really say what the difference is. I never thought about it.

Soverign Grace was a song that I loved which is why I chose the name. I unfortunately typed it too fast and misspelled it! It bothers me every time I see it.

I don't really understand what you mean. I don't really get into pointing out errors of others' faiths too much. I do think that there are a lot of bad teachers out there - especially the name and claim it. I was badly misled early on by bad teachers and it really badly confused me. So I think we have to be very careful about who teaches and who becomes a pastor. I know there are warnings in Scripture about it.

WgK

Nov 27, 2018
Texas
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Do any of you Christians
know the difference between mercy and grace?

WgK

Nov 27, 2018
Texas
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The Christians believe
they are held by God to a lower standard
than all else because

they are saved by grace.

But the truth is