The Eternal Gospel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Revelation 14:6-7
Then I saw another angel flying in midair, and he had the eternal gospel to proclaim to those who live on the earth—to every nation, tribe, language and people. He said in a loud voice, “Fear God and give him glory, because the hour of his judgment has come. Worship him who made the heavens, the earth, the sea and the springs of water.”

Question: Is this eternal in the since that it has been told for all time? Is it the reason the heathen nations knew to fear God which lead them to make sacrifices?

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then I saw another angel flying in midair, and he had the eternal gospel to proclaim to those who live on the earth—to every nation, tribe, language and people. He said in a loud voice, “Fear God and give him glory, because the hour of his judgment has come. Worship him who made the heavens, the earth, the sea and the springs of water.”

Question: Is this eternal in the since that it has been told for all time? Is it the reason the heathen nations knew to fear God which lead them to make sacrifices?

I'm pretty sure it wasn't the fear of God that led these heathen nations to engage in human sacrifice. The fear of the Lord is supposed to be the beginning of wisdom not the beginning of abominations, am I right? By "eternal gospel", I don't think John meant the past before Christ's first coming. I hope its eternal, because if its not, then we're all screwed, and Jesus died and rose again for nothing.

Reactions: bbyrd009

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

for one where are you getting heathen sacrifices from this statement, and the text before it?

the gospel message technically and scripturally speaking, started at:

Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

does it have an end? why would any news or proclamation of salvation or that one was saved by God have an end?

anyway God sacrificed (which means victimized) innocent animals to cover A&E's nakedness of guilt, shame and condemnation. and Abel honored that of which God had respect for, and it cost Abel his life. just as Jesus He was killed by His brethren in the flesh that had the authority over Him in the flesh. and the life of His body bled out into the ground, and it was respected by God. and that sacrifice of the innocent (the Lord Jesus Christ) covers the born again, plus a whole lot more in that.

so sacrificing or offerings were done by the first sons of man. so it obvious where it came from, how it was taught through out the generations of peoples all over the world from that is on them. Abrahams father was a maker of idols and Noah was still alive then. so there's your human nature for you.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

My two cents is that the heathen nations had an inner knowledge..
We all have a conscience...and I believe we all have a 'God space' within. We remember Paul found those people in Acts " Worshipping the unknown God."
When the heathen don't know who God is, they make up some god...but in reality it is God that they were trying to please and appease .

As for the "Eternal Gospel"...I have taken that to be 'The Lamb slain before the creation of the world'....the Good News ( gospel) was always in God's heart.

That is my best guess :D

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When did God speak? When did He have to repeat what He spoke?

"So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." Isaiah 55:11

Before Moses or anyone else wrote anything down, had not God already spoken? Was it not already the Word of God? Was it not already the Good News or the Gospel?

Who were all of the people that lived after Adam and Eve? If all of them were directly descended from Adam and Eve, did they not hear much of what Adam and Eve heard, although as often happens when people repeat things, altered somewhat for the worse? Man has throughout the centuries become quite proficient at perverting God's truth, but if a heart was really hungry and thirsty for the right things, would God have ignored that hunger and thirst?

Were these words spoken by Jesus as a man not the Word of God spoken before He ever became flesh?

"Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled." Matt 5:6

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
ha deja vu :)
I'm pretty sure it wasn't the fear of God that led these heathen nations to engage in human sacrifice. The fear of the Lord is supposed to be the beginning of wisdom not the beginning of abominations, am I right? By "eternal gospel", I don't think John meant the past before Christ's first coming. I hope its eternal, because if its not, then we're all screwed, and Jesus died and rose again for nothing.
Gospel is Word though, to us, so more like it was always there and we have to be brought up to it maybe

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the bible tells us that God will preserve and restore the scattered Jewish nation when He returns in glory, and that God has promised a remnant of the nations as well. As Christians will be transformed into their glorified bodies, its pretty safe to assume that the remnant of the nations are of those that fear God, but never heard or understood the gospel of salvation through Christ Jesus. The bible is pretty clear that the Lord blesses and honors those that fear Him, whether they know Him or not. Condemnation is the result of rejecting Christ, not of ignorance of who He is. Since Christ Himself is our judge and since He knows what is in a person, He also knows if a person's actions were motivated by a fear of God, or some purely selfish reason. We preach Christ because we know Him as God and we know His revealed will (to the extent that we understand the scriptures) which is specific in what God expects of us. Just preaching God in a general way allows for all the vain and evil imaginations of men who justify their evil behavior by imagining God to be just like them. At the time of the judgment there won't be a reason to preach more than "fear God" as there will not be a soul on Earth at Christ's return that doesn't recognize His deity.