The ever changing forked tongue theory of evolution

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
River Jordan said:
Gosh, I can't imagine where anyone would ever get the idea that Christians are both ignorant of, and against modern science. It's a total mystery. :rolleyes:
Rofl. I can't imagine why anyone wanting to study science would pay for a degree that taught the religion of evolution...now that is a mystery.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
I think what you need to do is go read the definition of faith. Maybe our disagreements all these many wasted days are simply because you think faith = science. The irony :D
and then maybe...just maybe I highly suspect that you think Christian faith is dictionary 'faith'.

Revisit your 'evidence' for evolution... then read the dictionary definition of faith...repeat this process until the obvious becomes clear.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
KingJ said:
I think what you need to do is go read the definition of faith. Maybe our disagreements all these many wasted days are simply because you think faith = science.
Um....no, I don't think that at all.

Revisit your 'evidence' for evolution... then read the dictionary definition of faith...repeat this process until the obvious becomes clear.
If I see things with my own two eyes, I believe it's a disservice to my faith and God's creation to deny it, and it's a greater disservice to Christianity to tie denial of that reality to Christianity as a whole.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
River Jordan said:
1. Um....no, I don't think that at all.

2. If I see things with my own two eyes, I believe it's a disservice to my faith and God's creation to deny it, and it's a greater disservice to Christianity to tie denial of that reality to Christianity as a whole.
1. But many have pointed out to you the enourmous amount of faith required to hold fast to the theory of evolution.
2. But we have discussed and interrogated what you claim to have seen. Any honest, rational, sane person would not be as confident as you are being. Do you understand that this is not personal? As mentioned to you many times before...you really do need to explain your bias.

Do you know what Christian faith is?

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
KingJ said:
1. But many have pointed out to you the enourmous amount of faith required to hold fast to the theory of evolution.
All anyone has done is say "it requires faith", but no one has demonstrated anything of the sort. A few people have parroted some failed arguments from websites, but that's about it. Let's face it...if anyone had a genuine scientific case showing that evolution is all bunk, they would write it up and send it in to a scientific journal and go down in history as one of the most famous scientists ever. But they don't, because there's one reason, and one reason only for this whole thing....people like you read scripture a specific way and refuse to accept anything that goes against it, no matter what. IOW, this has absolutely nothing to do with science. If it did, you and your fellow creationists here would actually be familiar with the science and be able to discuss it in detail.

2. But we have discussed and interrogated what you claim to have seen. Any honest, rational, sane person would not be as confident as you are being. Do you understand that this is not personal? As mentioned to you many times before...you really do need to explain your bias.
All anyone has done is wave it away without consideration, which is to be expected given that this is about theology, not science.

Do you know what Christian faith is?
Yes, and it's not "Believe whatever KingJ tells you to believe". :lol:

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
Sorry KingJ, I'm not going to go through another one of your "Are you Christian enough for KingJ" tests. You've been far too angry and downright nasty to me.

BlackManINC

Feb 21, 2014
StanJ said:
Scientists at Cern could prove the controversial theory of ‘rainbow gravity’ which suggests that the universe stretches back into time infinitely, with no Big Bang

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/large-hadron-collider/11489442/Big-Bang-theory-could-be-debunked-by-Large-Hadron-Collider.html
Stan, any real Christian should know that the news coming from Cern about the universe being "eternal" is absolute bull. Firstly, its nothing but Hindu theology being presented as "science", and Biblically, the only thing that exists in eternity is God, so this is nothing but Satan exalting himself as the one true God. In the link below I show that Cern's Ouroboros machine they call the "Large Hadron collider" has nothing at all to do with science or finding out how old the universe really is. "Big Bangs", "rainbow gravity", "black holes" and other such terms is nothing but code language to mask the real purpose of Cern which is to open the pit that contains the beast of revelation. The only reason why it hasn't opened happened already is because God isn't allowing it to happen.

When God allows the serpent to eat its tail, the pit opens:
http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/21265-when-god-allows-the-serpent-to-eats-its-tail-the-pit-opens/

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
BlackManINC said:
Stan, any real Christian should know that the news coming from Cern about the universe being "eternal" is absolute bull. Firstly, its nothing but Hindu theology being presented as "science", and Biblically, the only thing that exists in eternity is God, so this is nothing but Satan exalting himself as the one true God. In the link below I show that Cern's Ouroboros machine they call the "Large Hadron collider" has nothing at all to do with science or finding out how old the universe really is. "Big Bangs", "rainbow gravity", "black holes" and other such terms is nothing but code language to mask the real purpose of Cern which is to open the pit that contains the beast of revelation. The only reason why it hasn't opened happened already is because God isn't allowing it to happen.

When God allows the serpent to eat its tail, the pit opens:
http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/21265-when-god-allows-the-serpent-to-eats-its-tail-the-pit-opens/
I think the point of the link was to show, in the context of this thread, just how unreliable science can be when it is constantly contradicting itself about creation or what the universe actually is. IMO, there is no doubt the universe was created, and even the proponents of the Big Bang essentially agreed it was a point of creation, or something from nothing. They just believed it was an accident. This in itself is amazing that they would believe an accident caused the creation of the universe but not God. Which view is more reasonable, even from a purely academic POV? It actually takes more faith to believe an accidental universe than it does to believe God created our universe, and yet they call Christians mindless slaves to their religion? LOL.
I look forward to all the back pedaling or reinterpretation that many Christians on forums like this who have swallowed the poison pill of evolution will now attempt to propagate. Those of us who have all along believed and accepted the Genesis account of creation are smiling at all this irony. :)

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
Still scratching my head over how anyone would ever get the impression that Christians don't like science.... :rolleyes:

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
River Jordan said:
Sorry KingJ, I'm not going to go through another one of your "Are you Christian enough for KingJ" tests. You've been far too angry and downright nasty to me.
You don't fail my test River. You fail the bible's test.

I dont' believe you grasp what Christian faith is...at all! You do not grasp the confidence Christians have in God's word.

Nasty, angry? I would rather say rebuke and sarcasm. But anyway.... I would rather be guilty of that before God then....bashing Christianity in the name of science....and not dealing at all with what scripture teaches.
Wait, you don't just bash Christianity in the name of science, you also compare it to Islam. Agh River, you need to revisit your motivation for your Christian affiliation.

BlackManINC

Feb 21, 2014
StanJ said:
I think the point of the link was to show, in the context of this thread, just how unreliable science can be when it is constantly contradicting itself about creation or what the universe actually is. IMO, there is no doubt the universe was created, and even the proponents of the Big Bang essentially agreed it was a point of creation, or something from nothing. They just believed it was an accident. This in itself is amazing that they would believe an accident caused the creation of the universe but not God. Which view is more reasonable, even from a purely academic POV? It actually takes more faith to believe an accidental universe than it does to believe God created our universe, and yet they call Christians mindless slaves to their religion? LOL.
I look forward to all the back pedaling or reinterpretation that many Christians on forums like this who have swallowed the poison pill of evolution will now attempt to propagate. Those of us who have all along believed and accepted the Genesis account of creation are smiling at all this irony. :)
I agree, but we should never let our guard down just because they give off the veneer of a scientific experiment. Satan is very subtle, and I told people to expect reports of this type to surface in my very first video.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
BlackManINC said:
I agree, but we should never let our guard down just because they give off the veneer of a scientific experiment. Satan is very subtle, and I told people to expect reports of this type to surface in my very first video.
You're right, and I'm not suggesting we as Christians EVER let down our guard, but obsessing on that particular science does not help to maintain our focus on God and His Word.
The shepherd does not have a sheep dog.
KingJ said:
You don't fail my test River. You fail the bible's test.

I dont' believe you grasp what Christian faith is...at all! You do not grasp the confidence Christians have in God's word.

Nasty, angry? I would rather say rebuke and sarcasm. But anyway.... I would rather be guilty of that before God then....bashing Christianity in the name of science....and not dealing at all with what scripture teaches.

Wait, you don't just bash Christianity in the name of science, you also compare it to Islam. Agh River, you need to revisit your motivation for your Christian affiliation.
I'm afraid nothing will get through to River. Hence the reason I put him on ignore. Clearly the scriptures teach us to not pursue a wild ornathoid. :lol:

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
River Jordan said:
In another thread you said you intentionally ignore the parts of nature shows where they talk about evolution and millions of years. Not only is that ignorance, that's deliberate ignorance. Couple that with your comments in this thread, and I can totally understand how someone would get the impression I described.
No, that is choice.
lforrest said:
A dishonest car mechanic will try to scare you into fixing what isn't broken, or make use of used parts for the repair without your knowledge. It is unwise to implicitly trust any professional, because they are interested in making money.

This applies to scientists too, there is a potential for conflict of interest when there is money to be made. That is why it is best to be well informed yourself, unless all you care about is getting your car back on the road no matter the cost.
I read an article written by someone in the know, who said that too many scientists write what is going to bring in the grants. In other words, they write what people want to hear, not what people need to hear so truth is not a high priority.
KingJ said:
Rofl. I can't imagine why anyone wanting to study science would pay for a degree that taught the religion of evolution...now that is a mystery.
Yes, that is a mystery, especially as universities are supposed to be the bastion of enquiry and questioning. That is I guess as long as you subscribe to the status quo of scientific belief and I say that advisedly as evolution is a philosophical arguement, not a scientific one.

Reactions: KingJ

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
marksman said:
No, that is choice.
Deliberate ignorance is a choice.

I read an article written by someone in the know, who said that too many scientists write what is going to bring in the grants. In other words, they write what people want to hear, not what people need to hear so truth is not a high priority.
Still a mystery where anyone would get the impression that Christians are anti-science.... :unsure:

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
River Jordan said:
Still a mystery where anyone would get the impression that Christians are anti-science.... :unsure:
Some trust in science, and others in humanity. I trust in the Lord's word and his faithfulness.

BlackManINC

Feb 21, 2014
StanJ said:
THAT is indeed the point lforrest....ultimately our faith has to be in God first and foremost.
And its because of this almost complete lack of trust in Gods word that many professed "Christians" will fall away from the faith due to Satan's fast coming lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.