The faithful and the saints: Bringing Calvinism and Arminianism together.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you do that?

That's not at all what I've said.

Anyway, I've got work to do.

Much love!

Right. You did say more. This is what you think the parable means:

It was his customers. That was the story. Not all the details in the story are meant to teach spiritual doctrine, they are meant so that you will understand the story, and having understood the story, to understand the truth being cast alongside (para bolle).

The "unjust judge" does not mean that God is unjust. This manager has vendors and customers, just like I do.

According to Jesus in that place, "They", that is, the one's the manage told to change the accounts.

BTW . . . as manager of the shop where I work, I understand this. I have the authority from my employer raise and lower prices, and to make pricing concessions at my own discretion.

Many assume the manager was doing some forbidden thing, but not necessarily. He was certainly letting self-interest affect his decision, but as a manager, that decision would be his to make.

If I thought I was about to be fired, and I was so inclined, I would have the authority to reinvoice customers, releasing obligations in hope they'd return the favor by giving me a job. Actually, to me, both seem like bad business, we can do better than that. Just the same . . .

The children of this age know how to use things to their advantange. We should be so wise.

About them welcoming you into eternal habitations? I'm thinking that's the part you are asking about?

Not fully sure yet, I have some ideas, but not fully formed.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right. You did say more. This is what you think the parable means:
I'm not finding a post I thought I'd posted, maybe it got lost in the tabs.

I hate it when that happens! Trying to do too many things at once.

Still, what I wrote that you quoted,

The children of this age know how to use things to their advantange. We should be so wise.

Them welcoming you into eternal habitations may be related to Paul's words, "you are the crown of my rejoicing in the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ", I think that's how it goes.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what you think the parable means:
It's a story of a manager who, even though what he did was unethical, it was not technically wrong, and even his boss commended him for thinking past the moment, acting shrewdly. Jesus tells us this story so that we will think of how to use this world's mammon, and not be used by it. To serve God with mammon, and not serve mammon itself. To use, but not abuse the things of this world, to our advantage, to build the body of Christ.

That's what I think the parable means.

Much love!

Reactions: Enoch111

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus tells us this story so that we will think of how to use this world's mammon, and not be used by it.
That is correct and that is exactly what Christ said. Money itself is neutral. It is the love of money (covetousness) which is the root of all evil. But if money can be applied wisely and thoughtfully to the work of the Kingdom of God, then it is indeed a blessing.

Reactions: marks and amadeus