The faithful and the saints: Bringing Calvinism and Arminianism together.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does that relate to the feast, and the bride, and the guests? Towards showing that the "saints" are a subset of "Christians"?

Much love!
DaveH said the bride will invite some. That parable shows it.

I do still have some confusion about how he thinks it’s the bride and not the righteous who welcome in too, but…I have something rattling around on that…not formed yet.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This idea that God has to hold the threat of hell over the heads of His children to get them to cooperate with there sanctification comes across to me as a lack of trust in the work of God in the hearts of His children. I find it contrary to trusting Jesus.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
DaveH said the bride will invite some. That parable shows it.

I do still have some confusion about how he thinks it’s the bride and not the righteous who welcome in too, but…I have something rattling around on that…not formed yet.

It’s like… men learning righteousness extend the mercy they’ve been shown and can’t bring themselves to condemn an unbeliever because they were also an unbeliever once, so they refuse to condemn the man or make that decision and leave God to judge. So I have it in my mind that…the man in the parable is forgiving the debt of others so they will help him later…I don’t know. Maybe I can only see it yet from where I myself am.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's look at them.

:)

I'm always ready. That's what I'm here for.

That's why such a controversy between @David H. and I. I'm a stickler for Scripture to teach our doctrines, and he does not present Scripture that teaches his doctrine.

Much love!

Well maybe that’s the problem. You’re looking for scripture to teach the doctrines you’ve been taught by men.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well maybe that’s the problem. You’re looking for scripture to teach the doctrines you’ve been taught by men.

Sure . . . here comes "intellecual dishonesty". It always seems to make it's appearance. "You don't see it because you are too busy looking for your own ideas.

OK.

A non-answer.

Why bother?

Much love!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You'll need to be more specific, I don't see it.

Much love!

I don’t know if I can, you will just argue for the doctrines men have taught you, so…
But I guess look again more closely at the last paragraph of the parable?
Why would the master commend someone for forgiving the debts owed to him? Does he commend dishonesty?? And then to say he’s smarter than the children of light? And then the very last sentence too. By all means, if you think you understand it, explain away, because it seems to make no sense at all.

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure . . . here comes "intellecual dishonesty". It always seems to make it's appearance. "You don't see it because you are too busy looking for your own ideas.

OK.

A non-answer.

Why bother?

Much love!

I didn’t use the term intellectual dishonesty, you did.. I would rather term it…looking for confirmation of what men taught you rather than just looking.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just found something odd. Rev 22:11 he who is holy let him be holy still, for some reason, uses two different words for holy…that’s a little weird…

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn’t use the term intellectual dishonesty, you did.. I would rather term it…looking for confirmation of what men taught you rather than just looking.
No, you didn't use the term, but that is exactly what you are talking about.

"You don't see it because you blah blah blah".

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If something is taught in the Bible, point to it. If you can't, then maybe just maybe it's . . . not there.

Much love!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you didn't use the term, but that is exactly what you are talking about.

"You don't see it because you blah blah blah".

Much love!

Well you’re the one who asked for scripture that showed it. I gave some of it.
And can you tell me where my car keys are? Since you know what I’m thinking beyond what I type, can you dig back a little in my mind and tell me where I set them down? Thanks. :D

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If something is taught in the Bible, point to it. If you can't, then maybe just maybe it's . . . not there.

Much love!

I gave scripture. Maybe you just don’t see it, but it was pointed to.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well you’re the one who asked for scripture that showed it. I gave some of it.
You posted a passage, and when I didn't see what you saw, rather than showing what you saw, you threw it back on me, saying, what was it?

You’re looking for scripture to teach the doctrines you’ve been taught by men.

Much love!

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I see you are from England, are you an Anglican? It would be nice to have this perspective here as this is one of the few Protestant churches that still believes the saints are distinct from the faithful. Good comment.
God bless
Hello David H,

No, I am not affiliated to any denomination. Though I am a member of the Church which is His (Christ's) Body, the fulness of Him that filleth all in all. (Ephesians 1)

Within the love of Christ our Saviour
our Lord and Head.
Chris

Reactions: David H. and marks