The Feast of Tabernacles..... Picture of the Rapture?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Yes!!
From what I understand the Jews rehearse this by using branches of (earthly) trees to build a shell of a TENT/ or Booth representing our Body/Tabernacle just big enough for them and God to indwell, and for 7 days they dwell in these booths communing with God and in the last day their earthly tent is torn down.
Jesus was born on the Feast of Tabernacles for he was our Emmauel ( E-manual or Word sent from above for us to LIVE by) being God with us as the Word became flesh, and so shall the son's of God be birthed on the Feast of Tabernacles where this will fulfill the Feast of Tabernacles as they have overcome the temptations of the flesh and will shed their earthly tent/body/tabernacle in the twinkling of an eye in the last day which is our frail shell of a corruptable earthly house for our incorruptable spiritual body/house/tent/booth/tabernacle and will be caught up.

Paul was said to be a tent maker.... this did not mean a camping tent, but he helped raise up the spiritual house with all of the the lessons he penned as God gave him revelation to write for our understanding concerning our spiritual growth in Christ.

Num 24:5
5 How goodly are thy tents, O Jacob, and thy tabernacles, O Israel!
KJV
You shall no longer be called Jacob, but ISRAEL the Woman, Jacob the son's

Neh 8:13-18
13 And on the second day were gathered together the chief of the fathers of all the people, the priests, and the Levites, unto Ezra the scribe, even to understand the words of the law.
14 And they found written in the law which the LORD had commanded by Moses, that the children of Israel should dwell in booths in the feast of the seventh month:
15 And that they should publish and proclaim in all their cities, and in Jerusalem, saying, Go forth unto the mount, and fetch olive branches, and pine branches, and myrtle branches, and palm branches, and branches of thick trees, to make booths, as it is written.
16 So the people went forth, and brought them, and made themselves booths, every one upon the roof of his house, and in their courts, and in the courts of the house of God, and in the street of the water gate, and in the street of the gate of Ephraim.
17 And all the congregation of them that were come again out of the captivity made booths, and sat under the booths: for since the days of Jeshua the son of Nun unto that day had not the children of Israel done so. And there was very great gladness.
18 Also day by day, from the first day unto the last day, he read in the book of the law of God. And they kept the feast seven days; and on the eighth day was a solemn assembly, according unto the manner.
KJV
Blessings

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Justin Mangonel said:
Dear A,

What a kewl insight...I will have to think on that a bit.

Blessings,

Justin
All glory unto God
Blessings to you too brother Justin

Here is another little morsal regarding the catching up of the holy body of Christ who remained "Alive" .

While we know that believer's pass on every day, yet there will be the holy ones who be overcomers birthed in the image of Christ who will be saved from the harm and will all be caught up at the same time because they are one holy body(not everyone who says Lord, Lord) which I believe to be on a Feast of Tabernacles.
John
John 7:2 Now the Jews' feast of tabernacles was at hand.
3 His brethren therefore said unto him, Depart hence, and go into Judaea, that thy disciples also may see the works that thou doest.
4 For there is no man that doeth any thing in secret, and he himself seeketh to be known openly. If thou do these things, shew thyself to the world.
5 For neither did his brethren believe in him.
6 Then Jesus said unto them, My time is not yet come: but your time is alway ready.
7 The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil.
8 Go ye up unto this feast: I go not up yet unto this feast; for my time is not yet full come{Full term birth of the sons of God}.
9 When he had said these words unto them, he abode still in Galilee.
10 But when his brethren were gone up, then went he also up unto the feast, not openly, but as it were in secret.
11 Then the Jews sought him at the feast, and said, Where is he?
KJV
When HE who restrains is taken out of the way.......all hell will break loose!

The rapture will not be seen by all men, only THEY, meaning the Elect/Chosen of God who have been sealed will go up and it will be in secret!

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, afaithfulone4u.

afaithfulone4u said:
Yes!!
From what I understand the Jews rehearse this by using branches of (earthly) trees to build a shell of a TENT/ or Booth representing our Body/Tabernacle just big enough for them and God to indwell, and for 7 days they dwell in these booths communing with God and in the last day their earthly tent is torn down.
Jesus was born on the Feast of Tabernacles for he was our Emmauel ( E-manual or Word sent from above for us to LIVE by) being God with us as the Word became flesh, and so shall the son's of God be birthed on the Feast of Tabernacles where this will fulfill the Feast of Tabernacles as they have overcome the temptations of the flesh and will shed their earthly tent/body/tabernacle in the twinkling of an eye in the last day which is our frail shell of a corruptable earthly house for our incorruptable spiritual body/house/tent/booth/tabernacle and will be caught up.

Paul was said to be a tent maker.... this did not mean a camping tent, but he helped raise up the spiritual house with all of the the lessons he penned as God gave him revelation to write for our understanding concerning our spiritual growth in Christ.

Num 24:5
5 How goodly are thy tents, O Jacob, and thy tabernacles, O Israel!
KJV
You shall no longer be called Jacob, but ISRAEL the Woman, Jacob the son's

Neh 8:13-18
13 And on the second day were gathered together the chief of the fathers of all the people, the priests, and the Levites, unto Ezra the scribe, even to understand the words of the law.
14 And they found written in the law which the LORD had commanded by Moses, that the children of Israel should dwell in booths in the feast of the seventh month:
15 And that they should publish and proclaim in all their cities, and in Jerusalem, saying, Go forth unto the mount, and fetch olive branches, and pine branches, and myrtle branches, and palm branches, and branches of thick trees, to make booths, as it is written.
16 So the people went forth, and brought them, and made themselves booths, every one upon the roof of his house, and in their courts, and in the courts of the house of God, and in the street of the water gate, and in the street of the gate of Ephraim.
17 And all the congregation of them that were come again out of the captivity made booths, and sat under the booths: for since the days of Jeshua the son of Nun unto that day had not the children of Israel done so. And there was very great gladness.
18 Also day by day, from the first day unto the last day, he read in the book of the law of God. And they kept the feast seven days; and on the eighth day was a solemn assembly, according unto the manner.
KJV
Blessings
I'm sorry, but I've gotta say that I think you have it completely BACKWARDS! The holiday is not about tearing down the booths; it's about BUILDING the booths and tabernacling with each other! It's a CAMPING TRIP! To "tabernacle" means to "dwell in a tent," and that is PRECISELY what God will do when He lowers the New Jerusalem to the New Earth.

Hebrews 11:8-10
8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.
9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:
10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.
KJV

Revelation 21:2-3, 14
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
KJV

Here's the Greek of these verses:

Hebrews 11:8-10
8 Pistei kaloumenos Abraam hupeekousen exelthein eis topon hon eemellen lambanein eis kleeronomian, kai exeelthen mee epistamenos pou erchetai.
9 Pistei parookeesen eis geen tees epaggelias hoos allotrian en skeenais katoikeesas meta Isaak kai Iakoob toon sugkleeronomoon tees eoaggekuas tees aytees;
10 exedecheto gar teen tous themelious echousan polin hees technitees kai deemiourgos ho Theos.

Revelation 21:2-3, 14
2 Kai teen polin teen hagian Ierousaleem kaineen eidon katabainousan ek tou ouranou apo tou Theou heetoimasmeneen hoos numfeen kekosmeemeneen too andri autees.
3 Kai eekousa foonees megalees ek tou thronou legousees, "Idou hee skeenee tou Theou meta toon anthroopoon, kai skeenoosei met' autoon kai autoi laoi autou esontai, kai autos ho Theos met' autoon estai autoon Theos,

14 Kai to teichos tees poleoos echoon themelious doodeka kai ep' autoon doodeka onomata toon doodeka apostoloon tou Arniou.

Furthermore, He's not about to "pack it up afterward!" He'll be HERE TO STAY! We will all be observing Sukkot or the Festival of Booths each year, especially those who participated in the Battle of Har-Megiddown:

Zechariah 14:16-19
16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.
17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.
18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the Lord will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
KJV

Finally, Paul was INDEED a "tent maker!"

Acts 18:1-3
1 After these things Paul departed from Athens, and came to Corinth;
2 And found a certain Jew named Aquila, born in Pontus, lately come from Italy, with his wife Priscilla; (because that Claudius had commanded all Jews to depart from Rome:) and came unto them.
3 And because he was of the same craft, he abode with them, and wrought: for by their occupation they were tentmakers.
KJV

And the Greek:

Acts 18:1-3
1 Meta tauta [Paulos] chooristheis ek toon Atheenoon eelthen eis Korinthon.
2 Kai heuroon tina Ioudaion onomati Akulan, Pontikon too genei, prosfatoos eleeluthota apo tees Italias kai Priskillan gunaika autou, dia to diatetachenai Klaudion choorizesthai pantas tous Ioudaious apo tees Roomees, proseelthen autois
3 kai dia to homotechnon einai emenen par' autois, kai eergazeto; eesan gar skeenopoioi tee technee.

That was his PHYSICAL occupation when he went into a new town or village, so that he wouldn't be a burden to the people he was trying to win to Yeshua` the Messiah! You really have no justification to say it was that "he helped raise up the spiritual house." That's allegorizing! Take the NORMAL meaning of a passage and don't go looking for some "spiritual" meaning (falsely so-called)!

John_8:32

Nov 9, 2012
The Feast of Tabernacles pictures the Millenium.

Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
Col 2:17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Passover - Christ's sacrifice.
Days of Unleavend Bread - Putting sin out of our lives.
Wave Sheaf - Christ's ascension to the Father.
Pentecost - Giving of the Holy Spirit and the early harvest at Christ's return.
Trumpets - The return of Christ.
Atonement - The world at one with God for the Millenium and Satan being confined in the Bottomless Pit.
Feast of Tabernacles - The Millenium and the rule of Christ on earth.
The Last Great Day - The opportunity for salvation for all who have never had a chance.

If you don't keep the Holydays, you cannot understand God's seven thousand year plan.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Many Christian scholars of history have considered Christ's future coming to be linked with the fall time Feast of Tabernacles and Feast of Trumpets (around September-October per our calendar). It's because of the summer harvest metaphor our Lord Jesus used...

Matt 24:32-36
32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
(KJV)

Luke 21:29-35
29 And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees;
30 When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand.
31 So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.
32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.
33 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.
34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.
35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.
(KJV)

Luke 10:2
2 Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest.
(KJV)

Matt 13:39-43
39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.
41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.
(KJV)

Joel 3:13-18
13 Put ye in the sickle, for the harvest is ripe: come, get you down; for the press is full, the fats overflow; for their wickedness is great.
14 Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision.
15 The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining.
16 The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel.
17 So shall ye know that I am the LORD your God dwelling in Zion, my holy mountain: then shall Jerusalem be holy, and there shall no strangers pass through her any more.
18 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the mountains shall drop down new wine, and the hills shall flow with milk, and all the rivers of Judah shall flow with waters, and a fountain shall come forth of the house of the LORD, and shall water the valley of Shittim.
(KJV)

Rev 14:15-16
15 And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.
16 And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped.
(KJV)