The Fellowship of the Mystery

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why do people ignore that only 1 of the 10 that were healed CAME BACK TO JESUS?

They all wanted something from Jesus (healing), they ALL got healing, 9 went their way and ONLY 1 came back to Jesus. Why do people ignore this???
People hate the idea of going to Jesus. People hate the truth. They would rather stay very far away and just point to Him ineffectually. The flesh doesn't want to give anything...only to take. They have beliefs ABOUT Jesus but will never believe INTO Jesus.

The carnal gospel supports a lack of faith in a faith that causes to people come to Christ in truth....for real...to get real resurrection power from His Blood (life). They think it's impossible to actually encounter Christ...in Spirit and in truth.

But Jesus says...I will reveal myself to him.

John 14:21 "He that has my commandments, and keeps them, he it is that loves me: and he that loves me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him."

Last edited:

Azim

Sep 25, 2020
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
People hate the idea of going to Jesus. People hate the truth. They would rather stay very far away and just point to Him ineffectually. The flesh doesn't want to give anything...only to take. They have beliefs ABOUT Jesus but will never believe INTO Jesus.

The carnal gospel supports a lack of faith in a faith that causes to come to Christ in truth....for real...to get real resurrection power from His Blood (life). They think it's impossible to actually encounter Christ...in Spirit and in truth.

John 14:21 He that has my commandments, and keeps them, he it is that loves me: and he that loves me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Luke 18:27
"And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God."

Do you find the carnal gospel makes people only see things are "impossible with men", and become blind to the truth, that all things are"possible with God" in faith? So they have a hard time either going to Jesus?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
People learn to manipulate something way before they learn the consequences of doing that. We see that with medicines, ideologies, technology...AND especially religious ideologies based on what Jesus accomplished on Calvary.

People will seek to exploit Christ...but have no idea about giving their lives to Him.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Luke 18:27
"And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God."

Do you find the carnal gospel makes people only see things are "impossible with men", and become blind to the truth, that all things are"possible with God" in faith? So they have a hard time either going to Jesus?
The same test of faith that the Israelites failed in their time...we are failing in our time. What they failed on the physical plane we are failing on the spiritual plane. Joshua and Caleb had a faith in God to do the impossible. But just look at al the people who claim to be believers who have no faith whatsoever in Christ.

We can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens us. And people will rail against that saying it's salvation by works. Talk about not having a clue of the meaning of the gospel.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

They all wanted something from Jesus (healing), they ALL got healing, 9 went their way and ONLY 1 came back to Jesus. Why do people ignore this???
Ah, that makes sense, as you say they all wanted something from Jesus, there was no gratitude which there should have been “ GREAT GRATITUDE “ from all of them....one came back with his heart full of gratitude?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Agreed. It's hard to give....it may cost us!! Look what giving cost Jesus....His life! However, Jesus did say it is more blessed to give than to receive,
He was right, Laurina...those who just take and can’t give are really missing out from the heart...I’ve never understood selfishness ..I mean real stingy selfishness.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Run to win! Paul said...

1 Cor. 9:24 Know you not that they which run in a race run all, but one receives the prize? So run, that you may obtain.
25 And every man that strives for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.
26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beats the air:
27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Paul is encouraging us to run...to attain to the higher walk...just as he did in the high calling which is to enter Into Christ and be found IN Him. In Him is no sin.

Modern church-goers have no idea what Paul was trying to obtain....what he was running to win.
Paul ran for the PRIZE

Salvation is a gift. Not a prize.

Once you understand this basic fact. You may just get it.

I run for the prize daily.. If paul never made it. I do not think for a minute I made it..

But paul understand salvation was a gift. not a reward.

• Love
Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ignore what

He healed their bodies. not their souls.

Only one had there soul healed and that is the one who had faith.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The carnal gospel supports a lack of faith in a faith that causes to people come to Christ in truth....for real...to get real resurrection power from His Blood (life). They think it's impossible to actually encounter Christ...in Spirit and in truth.

John 14:21 "He that has my commandments, and keeps them, he it is that loves me: and he that loves me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him."
Na.

We love the truth

We do not love the self righteous self proclaimed prophets who think they have truth

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed. It's hard to give....it may cost us!! Look what giving cost Jesus....His life! However, Jesus did say it is more blessed to give than to receive, and unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies. Things to ponder...
He gave his life for YOU. so YOU could be saved. and given the GIFT of salvation (eternal life)

He did not give so you can still try to gain your salvation by works.

He gave because you can;t earn salvation

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Understanding the word of God from the heart is a wonderful prize ,wouldn’t you agree?

There is much more to learn of God, we know we are Born Again and saved...isn’t that just the beginning?
Salvation is a gift.

We recieve many other gifts after we are saved.

But the point is, Paul did not run to get saved, He ran because he was saved, and wanted to reach the goal.. I think we all should want to do this

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This doesn’t make sense to me..no worries..

Not understanding what the goal is.
Phil. 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Phil. 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
Love this Epi..makes sense...thank you.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

See hw he twists things

Paul considered everything HERE on earth dung.

His hope was to be found the righteousness of God through faith.

again, that faith word epi hates so much.