The Fellowship of the Mystery

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In this podcast we will be looking into what brings the whole body of Christ together in the same mind and same purpose. Whether we are new to the faith or else experienced in the deeper things of God, we share a common cause in the fellowship of the mystery. See you in the podcast.

Last edited:

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In this podcast we will be looking into what brings the whole body of Christ together in the same mind and same purpose. Whether we are new to the faith or else experienced in the deeper things of God, we share a common cause in the fellowship of the mystery. See you in the podcast.

The gospel is the mystery of God from the foundation of the world. Eg, it's a mystery how every born again believer has been translated into the kingdom of light and have become the righteousness of Christ. Yes, it's a mystery!

Reactions: Ritajanice

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Rather than pursue a spiritual fellowship among brethren we have opted for an artificial religious order based on creeds and algorithms in a bid for conformity rather than true unity. God has resisted this scheme by giving us over to another mystery....that of Babylon.

Rev. 17:4-6 "And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
And upon her forehead was a name written, Mystery, Babylon The Great, The Mother Of Harlots And Abominations Of The Earth.
And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration."

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The gospel is the mystery of God from the foundation of the world. Eg, it's a mystery how every born again believer has been translated into the kingdom of light and have become the righteousness of Christ. Yes, it's a mystery!
Isn’t Gods word a mystery to be understood?

Gods Living word is full of mystery and wonder...and reveals his word to those who Love him.through the Holy Spirit leading us through scripture and bringing us to a place of understanding Gods word.....do you agree?

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Rather than pursue a spiritual fellowship among brethren we have opted for an artificial religious order based on creeds and algorithms in a bid for conformity rather than true unity. God has resisted this scheme by giving us over to another mystery....that of Babylon.

Rev. 17:4-6 "And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
And upon her forehead was a name written, Mystery, Babylon The Great, The Mother Of Harlots And Abominations Of The Earth.
And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration."
Ah no Epi. She is a harlot/adulteress remember? Her sin is that of friendship with the world, being in bed with the world, all and sundry....unequally yoked with unbelievers. She welcomes any and all into unity in her embrace and thus is badly compromised. Babylon = Babel. (Which also means confusion.....confusing doctrine is not of God, since HE is not the author of confusion.)

Our unity is only found in Christ. Each believing soul born of the Spirit is one spirit with Him, and so we are all united in Him, in fellowship with Him and with each other. Endeavouring to keep the unity of the SPIRIT in the bond of peace. (And it is HIS peace He has left with us, not peace as the world gives.)

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Gods Living word is full of mystery and wonder...and reveals his word to those who Love him.through the Holy Spirit leading us through scripture and bringing us to a place of understanding Gods word.....do you agree?
Yes, or at the very least to be received even if we don't yet fully understand. To me "mystery" implies spiritual, something spiritual going on out of sight, which trumps facts on the ground as the spiritual is a higher reality.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, or at the very least to be received even if we don't yet fully understand. To me "mystery" implies spiritual, something spiritual going on out of sight, which trumps facts on the ground as the spiritual is a higher reality.
Spiritual is Gods word...yes, I understand what you mean of the mystery of the Spirit of God.

He’s at work in an area of my life, it blows my mind every time I see him at work in that area...it’s all his work and none of mine, I’m just the vessel that he uses to bring about his will....mind blowing...no words can ever be enough to explain his Almighty Power...his Power is Phenomenal!

• Love
Reactions: Lizbeth

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

The kingdom of God is not in word but in power. only those who have entered into the empowered life of Christ understand the mystery. No words can express the heavenly gift.

"But I will come to you shortly, if the Lord will, and will know, not the speech of them which are puffed up, but the power. For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power." 1 Cor. 4:19,20

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
"But I will come to you shortly, if the Lord will, and will know, not the speech of them which are puffed up, but the power. For the kingdom of
ut I will come to you shortly, if the Lord will, and will know, not the speech of them which are puffed up, but the power. For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power." 1 Cor. 4:19,20
I agree 100% @Episkopos ...a Big Amen to you!!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I completely understand the puffed up part and the egotistical part....I know it well...LOL,xoxo...hehe.oh to die to this old mindset....it’s always waiting to be seen.LOL.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The kingdom of God is not in word but in power. only those who have entered into the empowered life of Christ understand the mystery. No words can express the heavenly gift.

"But I will come to you shortly, if the Lord will, and will know, not the speech of them which are puffed up, but the power. For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power." 1 Cor. 4:19,20
Yes....if only you were applying this to all who are born again, but I know you are only applying it to some. There is to be no schism in the Body. Anyone who is born again has experienced the power and the heavenly gift....it was a miracle. It just doesn't end there, or shouldn't.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes....if only you were applying this to all who are born again, but I know you are only applying it to some. There is to be no schism in the Body. Anyone who is born again has experienced the power and the heavenly gift....it was a miracle. It just doesn't end there, or shouldn't.
The bible warns us over and over about the many who will accept the free stuff ...and get puffed up in their own estimation...but will be unwilling to forsake all to buy into the kingdom walk. You're on the side of the name-it claim-it crowd that denies the higher walk. There has to be these...and many of these. It's all too common in the modern world. There's a judgment coming that will sort these things out. If you have no fear of the Lord...then remain in your convictions and be an example of what you believe.

Laurina

Feb 28, 2023
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The bible warns us over and over about the many who will accept the free stuff ...and get puffed up in their own estimation...but will be unwilling to forsake all to buy into the kingdom walk.

Luke 17: 17-19
And Jesus answering said, Were there not ten cleansed? but where are the nine? 18There are not found that returned to give glory to God, save this stranger. 19And he said unto him, Arise, go thy way: thy faith hath made thee whole.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The mystery has been revealed in Christ. there is no more mystery. If people try to tell you there is a mystery. run...
Do you believe in typing in answer to a post...that it’s the Holy Spirit doing the talking through us?

Sometimes I think how would I know this ...I don’t, it’s the mystery of the Holy Spirit in us...just my thoughts.

Of course I know “ self” can talk as well and be mistaken for the Spirit..

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The mystery has been revealed in Christ. there is no more mystery. If people try to tell you there is a mystery. run...
Run to win! Paul said...

1 Cor. 9:24 Know you not that they which run in a race run all, but one receives the prize? So run, that you may obtain.
25 And every man that strives for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.
26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beats the air:
27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Paul is encouraging us to run...to attain to the higher walk...just as he did in the high calling which is to enter Into Christ and be found IN Him. In Him is no sin.

Modern church-goers have no idea what Paul was trying to obtain....what he was running to win.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 17: 17-19
And Jesus answering said, Were there not ten cleansed? but where are the nine? 18There are not found that returned to give glory to God, save this stranger. 19And he said unto him, Arise, go thy way: thy faith hath made thee whole.
Why do people ignore what made this person whole?

It was not the persons work. or how good he was. It was HIS FAITH

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

The story of the 10 lepers is one of the most profound stories found in the gospels. We can learn that God values the least, He honors faith, and He cherishes gratitude...commentary.

Laurina

Feb 28, 2023
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Why do people ignore that only 1 of the 10 that were healed CAME BACK TO JESUS?

They all wanted something from Jesus (healing), they ALL got healing, 9 went their way and ONLY 1 came back to Jesus. Why do people ignore this???