The Final Battle

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bible_Gazer

Mar 7, 2014
Bloomington, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well what kind of stuff they will have in the last battle in Rev. 20 ? time will tell, another 1.000 years away.
Nothing compares to what God has.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the sun destroys all communications, weaponry and the power of the military, how will the mark be enforced? How will they operate financial systems to exclude those who keep God's Commandments?
How did the Romans keep peace in their empire? Consider that a third of the angels are on Satan's side. Brute force, and instant death has a way of keeping the masses under control.

Reactions: Brakelite

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are two battles to take place according to what is written in Revelation. The first battle is against the beast and false prophet who are cast into the lake of Fire a thousand years before the last battle takes place, whom God himself fights and cast him into the lake of Fire where the beast and false prophet are.

Many have not understood these writings because they have conferred with other men and not sought understanding from the Lord. Until you understand the beast is the last kingdom, whose king is the false prophet.

Now understand when the beast is cast into the lake of Fire represent the kingdom as a whole. The king will proclaim himself to be The messiah.

Revelation 19:19

And I saw the beast and the kings of the earth with their armies gathered to make war against him who was sitting on the horse and against his army. And the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who in its presence had done the signs by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped its image. These two were thrown alive into the lake of fire that burns with sulfur.

The we see a thousand years later God sends fire to destroy

Revelation 20:7

And when the thousand years are ended, Satan will be released from his prison and will come out to deceive the nations that are at the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them for battle; their number is like the sand of the sea. And they marched up over the broad plain of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city, but fire came down from heaven and consumed them, and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it a possibility that Satan is using modern weaponry as a form of defense against the second coming through encouraging the military leaders of the world to think in that direction? Is this the real Armageddon? Not a war between nations, but between the world and God's people, with the second coming being God's rescue plan that Satan is intent to stop?

No, I think the Battle of Armageddon, though described as a battle between earthly forces and Christ's heavenly appearance, is using a spiritual description of what will happen, instead of trying to be overly literal about it. The Revelation expects readers to be rational, and understand that what battles take place on the earth is often a battle between earth's political forces and their targets who represent God's interests, including Christians and Jews.

Armageddon is described as a military endeavor because that is the historical occasion in which Christ will return. It will amount to a climax of all that Antichrist had been doing to establish a political domain denying Christians their freedoms. And it appears he is in Armageddon trying to keep Israel from converting to Christianity, as well.

I do find interesting the sci fi movies, involving aliens, etc. because they do seem to have subconscious recognition of issues of prophetic value. However, they are non-Christian and often see things from the enemy's point of view.

I do enjoy watching them to some degree, and do recognize the prophetic value in how they are depicting things. Zombies and aliens are often figures representing demons or demonic people.

And though the people who fight them are the heroes in these movies, they do not represent Christianity. Rather, they represent the struggle of pagans who try to survive the plague of evil overtaking our world.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No, I think the Battle of Armageddon, though described as a battle between earthly forces and Christ's heavenly appearance, is using a spiritual description of what will happen, instead of trying to be overly literal about it. The Revelation expects readers to be rational, and understand that what battles take place on the earth is often a battle between earth's political forces and their targets who represent God's interests, including Christians and Jews.

Armageddon is described as a military endeavor because that is the historical occasion in which Christ will return. It will amount to a climax of all that Antichrist had been doing to establish a political domain denying Christians their freedoms. And it appears he is in Armageddon trying to keep Israel from converting to Christianity, as well.

I do find interesting the sci fi movies, involving aliens, etc. because they do seem to have subconscious recognition of issues of prophetic value. However, they are non-Christian and often see things from the enemy's point of view.

I do enjoy watching them to some degree, and do recognize the prophetic value in how they are depicting things. Zombies and aliens are often figures representing demons or demonic people.

And though the people who fight them are the heroes in these movies, they do not represent Christianity. Rather, they represent the struggle of pagans who try to survive the plague of evil overtaking our world.
In those movies it is quite typical for Hollywood to either ignore Christianity altogether, or ridicule it.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There are two battles to take place according to what is written in Revelation. The first battle is against the beast and false prophet who are cast into the lake of Fire a thousand years before the last battle takes place, whom God himself fights and cast him into the lake of Fire where the beast and false prophet are.

Many have not understood these writings because they have conferred with other men and not sought understanding from the Lord. Until you understand the beast is the last kingdom, whose king is the false prophet.

Now understand when the beast is cast into the lake of Fire represent the kingdom as a whole. The king will proclaim himself to be The messiah.

Revelation 19:19

And I saw the beast and the kings of the earth with their armies gathered to make war against him who was sitting on the horse and against his army. And the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who in its presence had done the signs by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped its image. These two were thrown alive into the lake of fire that burns with sulfur.

The we see a thousand years later God sends fire to destroy

Revelation 20:7

And when the thousand years are ended, Satan will be released from his prison and will come out to deceive the nations that are at the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them for battle; their number is like the sand of the sea. And they marched up over the broad plain of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city, but fire came down from heaven and consumed them, and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
I think you and I are very close as to how we view the end. I'm have no doubt however of we delivered into a little more detail, we may begin to separate somewhat... But somehow I think all Christian prognosticators will, in heaven, be asking Jesus, how did I get it so wrong?

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
But somehow I think all Christian prognosticators will, in heaven, be asking Jesus, how did I get it so wrong?
As you even got 'going to live in heaven', wrong, there will be many embarrassed people around after its all over and Jesus is reigning over the world.
The fundamental error of many Christians, is the idea of going to live in heaven. Either in a 'rapture' or after death.
We humans are made to occupy the earth and nowhere does the Bible say anyone is now or ever will live in heaven.
Eventually, after the 7000 years of God's Plan for mankind is over, God Himself will come and dwell with us on earth. Revelation 21:1-7

As for a 'Final Battle', there is no such thing. Every prophesied encounter and there are four yet to come, are just attacks which the Lord wins by destroying the attackers before a shot is fired. Its all as stated in the Bible and people should say now: How did I get it so wrong?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As you even got 'going to live in heaven', wrong, there will be many embarrassed people around after its all over and Jesus is reigning over the world.
The fundamental error of many Christians, is the idea of going to live in heaven. Either in a 'rapture' or after death.
We humans are made to occupy the earth and nowhere does the Bible say anyone is now or ever will live in heaven.
Eventually, after the 7000 years of God's Plan for mankind is over, God Himself will come and dwell with us on earth. Revelation 21:1-7

As for a 'Final Battle', there is no such thing. Every prophesied encounter and there are four yet to come, are just attacks which the Lord wins by destroying the attackers before a shot is fired. Its all as stated in the Bible and people should say now: How did I get it so wrong?
It is clear to me that it is Jesus who give Life, who saves, who heals. The destroyer is another, one who kills and steals and he has cleverly disguised himself to make it appear Jesus is doing this work of destruction.