The First Covenant

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you considered that the first covenant God entered into with mankind is very ancient and existed at the time of Adam's creation.

Jesus spoke of this covenant in Matt. 13:53 as He was pointing to God's Salvation Plan/Covenant with the peoples of the whole earth during the Age of the Ages.

People are confused with the first entering into the Kingdom of Priests, a Holy Nation and God's possession among the nations Covenant that was initially rejected within 40 days of Israel entering into that covenant, with the promise that when Israel repents of their iniquities after the passing of four ages, that He, God, will make like new again this same covenant with the House of Israel and Judah.

In Daniel. 9:24, God prophetically told Israel that the Salvation Covenant that they were living under would be changed with the death of their Messiah and that the Salvation process would be forever changed from that point onwards. The Salvation Covenant by God has not changed, since the beginning of time, only the process by which it is obtained has been tweaked/refurbished/renewed.

Our Salvation is a faith based process based on how we believe in Him Whom He has sent.

Many call this the "Grace" that God shows towards us, but it is more demanding than simply the "Grace" process theory, as it requires an all encompassing commitment on our part and not the half baked commitment of the "Grace" theological understanding.

Shalom
I believe we been through this whole process many times.
Adam and Eve are the Jesus and the church as one body in ancient eons ago,
They inherited Eden which in Revelation is the New Jerusalem.
Now Adam didn't fall but Eve did.. that is the HEAD didn't fall but the Body did.
The body is weak.. woman..
Adam laid his own life down for Eve.
Knowing at some point he would be able to take it up again..
Adam resurrected is Jesus.. and the woman Eve is born again believers.
And in the end of Revelation God makes a new heaven and a new earth and we begin again in the next book Genesis.
Alpha and Omega. Without beginning and without end.. eternal.

I believe God always has Grace towards us, it's us treading on it that's the problem.
Like spoiled brats never having enough, always wanting more. Willing to step on the next guy to get to the top of the ladder.
Just to be tossed down and humbled and made to understand, your no better than your brother or sister or father or mother.

I don't think God ever stops creating. That is his nature. So when this world/age is over a new one begins again.
And we can watch the progress play out from one chapter to the next throughout the Bible.
You want to know where we're headed just look behind you. Go to the beginning where everything just ended and is reborn anew.

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Forever and Ever Amen.

Here, I believe Adam and Eve were living under Grace.
Until the tree of knowledge of goos and evil was forbidden to take part of.
This tree is the law. Eventhough it looked good and was said to make one wise and to become like God, it led to death.
This was the trial of faith in God alone.
Now the Serpent/Satan was created for a reason. God doesn't tempt man.. but the devil does.
He is the one doling out the temptations. To test us and to try us and to sift us like wheat from tares.
He is the punisher.

anywhoo..
Although I believe a lot of things are possible. And I think I have a pretty open mind about what might be.
In fact I don't really know anything except for what I have experienced first hand.
And that is: God is Good.

Hugs

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I believe we been through this whole process many times.
Adam and Eve are the Jesus and the church as one body in ancient eons ago,
They inherited Eden which in Revelation is the New Jerusalem.
Now Adam didn't fall but Eve did.. that is the HEAD didn't fall but the Body did.
The body is weak.. woman..
Adam laid his own life down for Eve.
Knowing at some point he would be able to take it up again..
Adam resurrected is Jesus.. and the woman Eve is born again believers.
And in the end of Revelation God makes a new heaven and a new earth and we begin again in the next book Genesis.
Alpha and Omega. Without beginning and without end.. eternal.

I believe God always has Grace towards us, it's us treading on it that's the problem.
Like spoiled brats never having enough, always wanting more. Willing to step on the next guy to get to the top of the ladder.
Just to be tossed down and humbled and made to understand, your no better than your brother or sister or father or mother.

I don't think God ever stops creating. That is his nature. So when this world/age is over a new one begins again.
And we can watch the progress play out from one chapter to the next throughout the Bible.
You want to know where we're headed just look behind you. Go to the beginning where everything just ended and is reborn anew.

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Forever and Ever Amen.

Here, I believe Adam and Eve were living under Grace.
Until the tree of knowledge of goos and evil was forbidden to take part of.
This tree is the law. Eventhough it looked good and was said to make one wise and to become like God, it led to death.
This was the trial of faith in God alone.
Now the Serpent/Satan was created for a reason. God doesn't tempt man.. but the devil does.
He is the one doling out the temptations. To test us and to try us and to sift us like wheat from tares.
He is the punisher.

anywhoo..
Although I believe a lot of things are possible. And I think I have a pretty open mind about what might be.
In fact I don't really know anything except for what I have experienced first hand.
And that is: God is Good.

Hugs

That is what you believe is God's story concerning the first covenant, but I believe that Jesus was making a reference to Himself and the original first covenant that existed from the time of Adam's creation.

This is how I would paraphrase my understanding of Matt. 13:52 and the story that Jesus was telling concerning man's salvation should men so chose: -

Matt 13:52: - Then He said to them, "Therefore every scribe instructed concerning the kingdom of heaven is liken to as a Man, the Head of a household family, who brings out of His treasure things new/refurbished and old/very ancient from the time of Adam’s creation."

The "household family" are the Saints of God of which Jesus is the Head.

I personally do not think the story can get any better than that.

Reactions: Ziggy

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's only one Holy Covenant that we should be seeking, and it is the same Covenant that was made with Abraham. If we don't understand that Covenant . . . it's time! :)

Acts 3:24-26 NIV - "Indeed, beginning with Samuel, all the prophets who have spoken have foretold these days. 25 And you are heirs of the prophets and of the covenant God made with your fathers. He said to Abraham, 'Through your offspring all peoples on earth will be blessed.' 26 When God raised up his servant, he sent him first to you to bless you by turning each of you from your wicked ways."

The above Covenant is the Covenant that I belong to . . . it's always been the same . . . it has never changed.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The covenant that God made with Abraham was for Abraham to walk the length and breadth of God's Earth keeping his ways that He would show him. God also expected that Abraham's descendants would also walk the length and breadth of God's earth.

God also believed that Abraham would faithfully teach his descendants the ways of God and the way we should walk in His earth.

Sadly many of Abraham's descendant fell well short of walking within God's earth and instead, did the normal things of walking in the land like everyone else.

Many within the Church today are doing the same thing.

The Abrahamic Covenant was part of God's redemption plan for all of the people of the earth which He started to put in place from the beginning of time.

Shalom

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The covenant that God made with Abraham was for Abraham to walk the length and breadth of God's Earth keeping his ways that He would show him. God also expected that Abraham's descendants would also walk the length and breadth of God's earth.

God also believed that Abraham would faithfully teach his descendants the ways of God and the way we should walk in His earth.

Sadly many of Abraham's descendants fell well short of walking within God's earth and instead, did the normal things of walking in the land like everyone else.

Many within the Church today are doing the same thing.

The Abrahamic Covenant was part of God's redemption plan for all of the people of the earth which He started to put in place from the beginning of time.

Shalom

I'm referring to the Eternal Covenant of Circumcision. Are you a member of the Family of Circumcision, having been established in the life of Abraham?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm referring to the Eternal Covenant of Circumcision. Are you a member of the Family of Circumcision, having been established in the life of Abraham?

It seems that you are referring to Gen. 17.

However, God also said that He preferred that we circumcise our hearths rather than our foreskins as a permanent sign of our connection/ties with Him.

Yes my protestant parents had me circumcised as a baby as was the custom at that time, but whether or not I am a descendant of Abraham is up for debate and would more than likely require DNA confirmation as to my roots and linear heritage.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

However, God also said that He preferred that we circumcise our hearths rather than our foreskins as a permanent sign of our connection/ties with Him.

Yes my protestant parents had me circumcised as a baby as was the custom at that time, but whether or not I am a descendant of Abraham is up for debate and would more than likely require DNA confirmation as to my roots and linear heritage.

We have this reassurance :)

Gal 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Reactions: 2nd Timothy Group

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is what you believe is God's story concerning the first covenant, but I believe that Jesus was making a reference to Himself and the original first covenant that existed from the time of Adam's creation.

This is how I would paraphrase my understanding of Matt. 13:52 and the story that Jesus was telling concerning man's salvation should men so chose: -

Matt 13:52: - Then He said to them, "Therefore every scribe instructed concerning the kingdom of heaven is liken to as a Man, the Head of a household family, who brings out of His treasure things new/refurbished and old/very ancient from the time of Adam’s creation."

The "household family" are the Saints of God of which Jesus is the Head.

I personally do not think the story can get any better than that.

Isn't that the purpose of Paul's letters, to compare spiritual with spiritual?
He uses Sarah and Hagar as allegories of the two covenants.
Mostly everything Paul has in his letters are the spiritual intent of the Old Testament.
It is very rare to find a verse here and there, where there are no connecections to the past.

That's the rule of thumb for me. If I can't find a connection between the OT and the NT, I take a deeper look.
If it's not in there, then I question it.
Isa 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

And God said, Let there be Light.... this I believe was the eternal covenant between God and every living soul to ever live.
And God saw the Light that it was "good" .
Jhn 1:9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

This Light was made before there were any other sun, moon, stars, illuminaries created.

Jhn 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Jhn 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Jhn 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Jhn 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

And again here:
Rev 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

Rev 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

So I just was thinking.. (that's scary stuff right there, me thinking.. )

The Light/Lamb/Life slain from the foundation of the world...
Could this be when God caused a deep sleep/death to fall on Adam and by removing the rib/branch, created the woman/church?

Lazarus sleepeth...

Jhn 11:11 These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep.
Jhn 11:13 Howbeit Jesus spake of his death: but they thought that he had spoken of taking of rest in sleep.
Jhn 11:14 Then said Jesus unto them plainly, Lazarus is dead.

Jhn 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
Jhn 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

There is a covenant right there..

more thinking oh oh..

So God breathed into Adams nostrils and he became a living soul.. let's say a beast.
When God caused a deep sleep and needed to wake him up, the Life/Light/Lamb offered himself to raise him from that sleep.
After removing the rib/branch God filled that area with flesh.. flesh heart or this is my flesh...

Jhn 6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

Gen 2:23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

Eph 5:30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

ok I'm done thinking for now...
1am here .. all this talk about sleeping is making me tired.

@Jay Ross
Thank You

Hugs

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

However, God also said that He preferred that we circumcise our hearts rather than our foreskins as a permanent sign of our connection/ties with Him.

Yes, I am referring to Genesis 17, but as per Ephesians 3:10-18, there is this thing called a Mysterious Plan. If it is Mysterious, then it means that we probably don't know what it is. And that is most assuredly the Truth within the "church" of today. What I'm saying is that we need to look deeper into what is taking place in Gen 17 than what appears on the outside. You'll get this . . .

Romans 4:11 NLT - "Circumcision was a sign that Abraham already had faith and that God had already accepted him and declared him to be righteous--even before he was circumcised. So Abraham is the spiritual father of those who have faith but have not been circumcised. They are counted as righteous because of their faith."

Using the NLT translation, the message is very clear. Physical circumcision was a sign of what had taken place within the Heart of Abraham, which is Spiritual Circumcision. And this Spiritual Circumcision is the result of the Promises that God gave to Abraham, the Covenant of Circumcision that only Christ performs. This is why the prophets, from the time of Samuel, understood and looked forward to this Plan. They were looking forward to the Day of Pentecost when the outpouring of the Spirit (and the Promises / Blessings of Abraham) would be issued to large groups of those chosen by God.

Galatians 3:9 NLT - "So all who put their faith in Christ share the same blessing Abraham received because of his faith."

This is all pointing to the Doctrine of Circumcision, the cutting away of the Sinful Nature. These are the Promises that were given to Abraham himself, and they would be the same Promises / Blessings / Covenenant that all would receive, that is, those whose Hearts have been made right with God.

Romans 2:28-29 NLT - "For you are not a true Jew just because you were born of Jewish parents or because you have gone through the ceremony of circumcision. 29 No, a true Jew is one whose heart is right with God. And true circumcision is not merely obeying the letter of the law; rather, it is a change of heart produced by God's Spirit. And a person with a changed heart seeks praise from God, not from people."

Is there a perfect description of this Holy and Spiritual Circumcision of Jesus Christ? Well yes, there sure is. In fact, it is the utter Core of the Entire Bible, of which you now likely see for yourself. Here it is:

Colossians 2:9-15 NLT - "For in Christ lives all the fullness of God in a human body. 10 So you also are complete through your union with Christ, who is the head over every ruler and authority. 11 When you came to Christ, you were "circumcised," but not by a physical procedure. Christ performed a spiritual circumcision--the cutting away of your sinful nature. 12 For you were buried with Christ when you were baptized. And with him you were raised to new life because you trusted the mighty power of God, who raised Christ from the dead. 13 You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ, for he forgave all our sins. 14 He canceled the record of the charges against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross. 15 In this way, he disarmed the spiritual rulers and authorities. He shamed them publicly by his victory over them on the cross."

The best way to understand these Perfect Seven verses is to compare the KJV translation with the NLT. It is absolutely mind-boggling and will change a person's scope and view of the entire Bible . . . cover to cover.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, I am referring to Genesis 17, but as per Ephesians 3:10-18, there is this thing called a Mysterious Plan. If it is Mysterious, then it means that we probably don't know what it is. And that is most assuredly the Truth within the "church" of today. What I'm saying is that we need to look deeper into what is taking place in Gen 17 than what appears on the outside. You'll get this . . .

I need some time to consider the Hebrew text and what it is saying. Will continue looking tomorrow.

Reactions: 2nd Timothy Group

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Abel was a prophet. How could he have been a prophet if he were under the Curse of Adam and Eve? God has been Circumcising hearts from the very beginning.

Deuteronomy 10:16 KJV - "Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked."

Jeremiah 4:4 KJV - "Circumcise yourselves to the LORD, and take away the foreskins of your heart, ye men of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem: lest my fury come forth like fire, and burn that none can quench [it], because of the evil of your doings."

Deuteronomy 30:6 KJV - "And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live."

Ezekiel 11:19-20 KJV - "And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh: 20 That they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God."

Ezekiel 36:25-27 KJV - "Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. 26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do [them]."

Circumcision of the Heart is what Grace and Mercy are all about. To receive Grace and Mercy is what it means to have the Curse of Adam and Eve cut away from our hearts. This is the very fulcrum of the entire Bible . . . receive the Circumcision of Christ or go to Hell. It is so simple, virtually everyone misses it.

Exodus 33:19 KJV - "And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy."

The entire Bible focuses on this Hidden Plan of God. This is the focal point of the entire book. Having scoured the Bible with highlighter pens, scouring it thought by thought . . . looking for the most important ideas and concepts that we should be aware of, there is no greater Doctrine within the Bible than that of Circumcision. For if we do not possess the Faith of Abraham or the Faith of those mentioned in Hebrews 11, the Great Hall of Faith, our faith is null and void. Salvation depends upon the Operation of God, the Circumcision of Christ, the lifting of the Curse of Adam and Eve, the cutting away of the Sinful Nature, or the Body of the Sins of the Flesh.

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
ok, and?
I see some of your contrast of the old and the new. consideration, taken. the first covant was indirectly at the world through a people or a nation of people, as the EXAMPLE to the world.

I agree. Very very true. Pure truth. The first COVENANT was exclusively with the Hebrews, descendant of Abraham. All other peoples were left out of the FIRST Covenant made only with the Hebrews, Abraham's descendants. What God did , He did according to promises made to Abraham and was called First Covenant.

In the extensive package of blessings that God promised Abraham, even the Gentiles were going to benefit, but in the future,
not at the same time as the Hebrews.

but the Last covenant is DIRECTED at the world by one Person who is the Example, over his "OWN" house, see Hebrews 3:6 "
and this Last covenant is not a replacement covenant, but a NEW covenant. (so no belife in any replacement theology). for he is the same one GOD of the Jews as well as the Gentiles. supportive scripture, Romans 3:28 "Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law."Romans 3:29 "Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:"Romans 3:30 "Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith."

so the First covenant is indirectly to the whole world, and the second one is directly to the world.

Yes, good post and explanation to Zyggy and others.

About the second and "Last Covenant DIRECTED at the world" one Person said: Hebrews 10:v.9: Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God.
TAKE AWAY the FIRST (the first Covenant), to be established the second (the second Covenant).

But why? Oh! The Most High is wise. He explains the why. (Believe Zyggy):

It is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. Heb.10:v.4

For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. For then would they not have ceased to be offered? Because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins. But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year, It because it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. Thus, every priest stands daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins: Heb.10:v.1-4 and 9.

But JESUS, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God
(in the third heaven); From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.

For by one offering JESUS has perfected for ever them that are sanctified. Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before, This is the COVENANT that I will make with them after those days, sais the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin. Heb.10:v.12-18

Hebrews 8:v.7-9and13

7 For if that FIRST covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a NEW covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers-THE FIRST- in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued NOT in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Hebrews 9:v.1-10 & 18-23 - THE FIRST HEAVEN - FIRST CELESTIAL ENVIRONMENT WAS ESTABLISHED
1 Then verily the FIRST covenant had also ordinances of divine(celestial-heavenly) services, and a worldly sanctuary.

Hebrews 9:v.11-17 & 24-28 - THE SECOND HEAVEN - SECOND CELESTIAL ENVIRONMENT WAS ESTABLISHED
11 - But Christ being come an High Priest of good things to come, by a Greater and more perfect Tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;
12 - Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by His own blood He entered in once into the Holy Place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

By the way, JESUS said: Mat.11:v.11-12
All the prophets and the law prophesied until John, And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.

WARNING;

2 Peter 3:v.7and
7 But the heavens (the first TWO heavens- behold, the third will be established) and the earth (the clay, the dry land- the carnal Israel), which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of Judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be DISSOLVED, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the Day of God, wherein the heavens -the FIRST and SECOND heavens- being on FIRE shall be DISSOLVED, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens -THE THIRD HEAVEN AND AFTER THE HEAVEN OF THE HEAVENS - and a new earth -SPIRITUAL ISRAEL -, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation;

Amen

In Christ JESUS, KING of kings (kings made by Him exclusively), and LORD of lords

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The first COVENANT was exclusively with the Hebrews, descendant of Abraham. All other peoples were left out of the FIRST Covenant made only with the Hebrews, Abraham's descendants.

My Bibles say otherwise. Allow me to humbly share . . .:)

How could Abraham be the father of "many nations" if it was only meant for the one, single Nation of Israelites?

Genesis 17:4 KJV - "As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations."

This is the Plan of God and it has always been the Plan of God.

Ephesians 3:1-10 NKJV - "For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for you Gentiles-- 2 if indeed you have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which was given to me for you, 3 how that by revelation He made known to me the mystery (as I have briefly written already, 4 by which, when you read, you may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ), 5 which in other ages was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to His holy apostles and prophets: 6 that the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, of the same body, and partakers of His promise in Christ through the gospel, 7 of which I became a minister according to the gift of the grace of God given to me by the effective working of His power. 8 To me, who am less than the least of all the saints, this grace was given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ, 9 and to make all see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God who created all things through Jesus Christ; 10 to the intent that now the manifold wisdom of God might be made known by the church to the principalities and powers in the heavenly places . . ."

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
About the second and "Last Covenant DIRECTED at the world" one Person said: Hebrews 10:v.9: Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. TAKE AWAY the FIRST (the first Covenant), to be established the second (the second Covenant).
Amen.

How could Abraham be the father of "many nations" if it was only meant for the one, single Nation of Israelites?
Abraham was the father of many Nations by FAITH. the nation Israel was only the example for the world. the covenant was not fulfilled until the promise seed came. because the promise was to his seed, not seeds, as in many. that's why the LAW was added. a school teache until the seed/Christ come. Galatians 3:15 "Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man's covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto."Galatians 3:16 "Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ."Galatians 3:17 "And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect."Galatians 3:18 "For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise."

so the Law was added, Galatians 3:21 "Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law."Galatians 3:22 "But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe."Galatians 3:23 "But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed."Galatians 3:24 "Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith."Galatians 3:25 "But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster."Galatians 3:26 "For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus."Galatians 3:27 "For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ."Galatians 3:28 "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus."Galatians 3:29 "And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise."

THAT'S HOW HE, ABRHAM, IS THE "father" of many Nations.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THAT'S HOW HE, ABRAHAM, IS THE "father" of many Nations.

Ok, but that doesn't make any sense (to me).

As for me, I possess the same Faith that Abraham had. That means that I have been given the same Promises that Abraham was given. Do you know what the essence of that Faith is? And what, exactly are the elements of that Covenant?

Acts 03:24-26 NLT - "Starting with Samuel, every prophet spoke about what is happening today. 25 You are the children of those prophets, and you are included in the covenant God promised to your ancestors. For God said to Abraham, 'Through your descendants all the families on earth will be blessed.' 26 When God raised up his servant, Jesus, he sent him first to you people of Israel, to bless you by turning each of you back from your sinful ways."

I possess the exact same Faith like that of Abraham. We all are required to possess his Faith and none other.

Romans 4:16 NLT - "So the promise is received by faith. It is given as a free gift. And we are all certain to receive it, whether or not we live according to the law of Moses, if we have faith like Abraham's. For Abraham is the father of all who believes."

Not sure of what Covenant and set of Promises you're talking about, but I'm talking about those of Abraham, the Father of Faith for all who believe.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, but that doesn't make any sense (to me).

As for me, I possess the same Faith that Abraham had. That means that I have been given the same Promises that Abraham was given. Do you know what the essence of that Faith is? And what, exactly are the elements of that Covenant?

Acts 03:24-26 NLT - "Starting with Samuel, every prophet spoke about what is happening today. 25 You are the children of those prophets, and you are included in the covenant God promised to your ancestors. For God said to Abraham, 'Through your descendants all the families on earth will be blessed.' 26 When God raised up his servant, Jesus, he sent him first to you people of Israel, to bless you by turning each of you back from your sinful ways."

I possess the exact same Faith like that of Abraham. We all are required to possess his Faith and none other.

Romans 4:16 NLT - "So the promise is received by faith. It is given as a free gift. And we are all certain to receive it, whether or not we live according to the law of Moses, if we have faith like Abraham's. For Abraham is the father of all who believes."

Not sure of what Covenant and set of Promises you're talking about, but I'm talking about those of Abraham, the Father of Faith for all who believe.
well here's the answer, Romans 9:5 "Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen."Romans 9:6 "Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:"Romans 9:7 "Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called."Romans 9:8 "That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed."Romans 9:9 "For this is the word of promise, At this time will I come, and Sarah shall have a son."

and as for Acts 3:24 "Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days."
Samuel was just the First prophet in the nation Israel, and when God gave the promise, the Nation Israel was not even born.

so that you said, want fly, walk or crawl. and if you're in Christ then and only then are you Abraham seed, and the promise came before the Law and the Nation Israel, so Israel is Just one of "MANY" nations that is of Faithful Abraham

PICJAG

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well here's the answer, Romans 9:5 "Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen."Romans 9:6 "Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:"Romans 9:7 "Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called."Romans 9:8 "That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed."Romans 9:9 "For this is the word of promise, At this time will I come, and Sarah shall have a son."

and as for Acts 3:24 "Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days."
Samuel was just the First prophet in the nation Israel, and when God gave the promise, the Nation Israel was not even born.

so that you said, want fly, walk or crawl. and if you're in Christ then and only then are you Abraham seed, and the promise came before the Law and the Nation Israel, so Israel is Just one of "MANY" nations that is of Faithful Abraham

PICJAG

Sorry, I just don't follow your thinking as it relates to the concepts that I post.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, I just don't follow your thinking as it relates to the concepts that I post.
no need to follow my thinking, (which I never offered any), but follow the word of God, and if you cannot follow his word, we suggest you go to him and ask in "FAITH" to give you wisdom to understand, for the scriptures are not changing for you nor me, so the scriptures are already written.... :D YIKES!

PICJAG

Last edited:

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no need to follow my thinking, (which I never offered any), but follow the word of God, and if you cannot follow his word, we suggest you go to him and ask in "FAITH" to give you wisdom to understand, for the scriptures are not changing for you nor me, so the scriptures are already written.... :D YIKES!

PICJAG

Well . . . this is odd. I feel that I follow the Bible pretty well. What I'm saying is that I'm not relating much of what you write to whatever it is that I write about. It isn't that I find the Bible confusing, it's that I find you to be confusing. My goodness.