The First Covenant

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well . . . this is odd. I feel that I follow the Bible pretty well. What I'm saying is that I'm not relating much of what you write to whatever it is that I write about. It isn't that I find the Bible confusing, it's that I find you to be confusing. My goodness.
once again,
Don't argue with 101G, argue with the scriptures, God Holy Word.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur" ..... :D YIKES!

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
Dear Timothy,
You copied only a part, why didn't you make a FAITHFUL copy of the content I wrote? To be righteous you should do it, no?

Again. I said:
The first COVENANT was exclusively with the Hebrews, descendant of Abraham. All other peoples (Gentiles) were left out of the FIRST Covenant made only with the Hebrews, Abraham's descendants. What God did , He did according to promises made to Abraham and was called First Covenant.
I said more: In the extensive package of blessings that God promised Abraham, even the Gentiles (the nations )were going to benefit, but in the FUTURE, not at the same time as the Hebrews. ---> In the future? When? In the second Covenant only.
For the Gentiles - Gentile nations - would never be sanctified and benefited by the first Covenant through the blood of bulls and goats sacrificed by the Levite Priest for the sins of the Hebrew people exclusively, but never, evidently. Gentiles were not participants in this ceremonial established by God through Moses.

My Bibles say otherwise. Allow me to humbly share . . .:)
How could Abraham be the father of "many nations" if it was only meant for the one, single Nation of Israelites?

That promise to Abraham would fulfill exclusively in the second Covenant through the sacrifice of JESUS (Ephesians 2:v.11-22 - check it out), so the Gentiles which were far off were made nigh by the blood of Christ. JESUS did broken down the middle wall of partition between between both peoples,
having abolished in His flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ORDINANCES; for to make in Himself of twain one people so making peace, and He reconciled both unto God in one body by the cross,
having slain the enmity thereby: For through JESUS both peoples - Gentiles and Jewish - have access by one Spirit unto the Father. Thus, the promises made to Abraham were fulfilled LITERALLY.

Genesis 17:4
KJV - "As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations."
This is the Plan of God and it has always been the Plan of God.

Yes, Genesis 17:v.4 was LITERALLY fulfilled through JESUS, not before. I see that you quoted only a part of Scripture, as you did with the content of my post. You should remember of Leviticus 20:v.24-26: 24 ... I am the Lord your God, which have separated you from other peoples. 26 - Ye shall be holy unto me: for I the Lord am holy, and have severed you from other people, that ye should be mine (In other words: I have set you apart from the other peoples, so that you can belong to me).

Deuteronomy 7:v.1-6

1 - When the Lord thy God shall bring thee into the land whither thou goest to possess it, and hath cast out many nations before thee, the Hittites, and the Girgashites, and the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites, seven nations greater and mightier than thou;

2 And when the Lord thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them; thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor shew mercy unto them: (Now, in the END of the times, the ruler of Antichrist's kingdom will try to do this against us the believers)

3 Neither shalt thou make marriages with them; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son.

4 For they will turn away thy son from following me, that they may serve other gods: so will the anger of the Lord be kindled against you, and destroy thee suddenly.

5 But thus shall ye deal with them; ye shall destroy their altars, and break down their images, and cut down their groves, and burn their graven images with fire. (Now, even now, in the seventh and lasst misllenniu, or seventh and last Day, the Lord's Day, the believers must preach by the Spirit of God and Judge the idolater Christianity, the RCC, which rides upon the Beast-the Papacy. The fearful or cowards will not inherit the kingdom of God,)

6 For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

PS. English is not my native language, I try to write the best I can with help of translate. The biblical content also helps me sometimes.

Last edited:

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
John 8:v.21-59 - JESUS said to the Jews, descendants of Abraham:
21 Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me,
and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come.

22 Then said the Jews, Will he kill himself? because he saith, Whither I go, ye cannot come.

23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

25 Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning.

26 I have many things to say and to Judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.

27 They understood not that he spake to them of the Father.

28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

29 And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

30 As he spake these words, many believed on him.

31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?

34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.

36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

37 I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.

38 I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.

39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.

40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the Truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.

41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.

42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

44 Ye are of your father the Devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

45 And because I tell you the Truth, ye believe me not.

46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the Truth, why do ye not believe me?

47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

48 Then answered the Jews, and said unto him, Say we not well that thou art a Samaritan, and hast a devil?

49 Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honour my Father, and ye do dishonour me.

50 And I seek not mine own glory: there is one that seeketh and judgeth.

51 Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.

52 Then said the Jews unto him, Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death.

53 Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself?

54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:

55 Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.

56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?

58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

59 Then took they up stones to cast at JESUS: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear Timothy,
You copied only a part, why didn't you make a FAITHFUL copy of the content I wrote? To be righteous you should do it, no?

Again. I said:
The first COVENANT was exclusively with the Hebrews, descendant of Abraham. All other peoples (Gentiles) were left out of the FIRST Covenant made only with the Hebrews, Abraham's descendants. What God did , He did according to promises made to Abraham and was called First Covenant.
I said more: In the extensive package of blessings that God promised Abraham, even the Gentiles (the nations )were going to benefit, but in the FUTURE, not at the same time as the Hebrews. ---> In the future? When? In the second Covenant only.
For the Gentiles - Gentile nations - would never be sanctified and benefited by the first Covenant through the blood of bulls and goats sacrificed by the Levite Priest for the sins of the Hebrew people exclusively, but never, evidently. Gentiles were not participants in this ceremonial established by God through Moses.

That promise to Abraham would fulfill exclusively in the second Covenant through the sacrifice of JESUS (Ephesians 2:v.11-22 - check it out), so the Gentiles which were far off were made nigh by the blood of Christ. JESUS did broken down the middle wall of partition between between both peoples,
having abolished in His flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ORDINANCES; for to make in Himself of twain one people so making peace, and He reconciled both unto God in one body by the cross,
having slain the enmity thereby: For through JESUS both peoples - Gentiles and Jewish - have access by one Spirit unto the Father. Thus, the promises made to Abraham were fulfilled LITERALLY.

Yes, Genesis 17:v.4 was LITERALLY fulfilled through JESUS, not before. I see that you quoted only a part of Scripture, as you did with the content of my post. You should remember of Leviticus 20:v.24-26: 24 ... I am the Lord your God, which have separated you from other peoples. 26 - Ye shall be holy unto me: for I the Lord am holy, and have severed you from other people, that ye should be mine (In other words: I have set you apart from the other peoples, so that you can belong to me).

Deuteronomy 7:v.1-6

1 - When the Lord thy God shall bring thee into the land whither thou goest to possess it, and hath cast out many nations before thee, the Hittites, and the Girgashites, and the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites, seven nations greater and mightier than thou;

2 And when the Lord thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them; thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor shew mercy unto them: (Now, in the END of the times, the ruler of Antichrist's kingdom will try to do this against us the believers)

3 Neither shalt thou make marriages with them; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son.

4 For they will turn away thy son from following me, that they may serve other gods: so will the anger of the Lord be kindled against you, and destroy thee suddenly.

5 But thus shall ye deal with them; ye shall destroy their altars, and break down their images, and cut down their groves, and burn their graven images with fire. (Now, even now, in the seventh and lasst misllenniu, or seventh and last Day, the Lord's Day, the believers must preach by the Spirit of God and Judge the idolater Christianity, the RCC, which rides upon the Beast-the Papacy. The fearful or cowards will not inherit the kingdom of God,)

6 For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

PS. English is not my native language, I try to write the best I can with help of translate. The biblical content also helps me sometimes.

That's a lot of text good sir or madaam! :)

I didn't offer the entire quote because I don't believe that it matters.

Scripture is clear that the Plan of God has always been the same, it has never changed.

The Plan is and always has been, these three Key Elements of Christ's Work

1. Pays the debt for Sin
2. Sends the Gift of the Holy Spirit
3. Circumcises the Heart of the Sin Nature (which is what would have happened if Adam and Eve could have eaten from Jesus, the Tree of Life within the Garden, all the way back in Genesis 3:22-24, I do believe).

This Holy Work of Christ applies to all in the Old Testament and the New Testament. It's the same set of Promises based upon the same Covenant.

Nope. God always planned on the Gentiles being united, which is what the story of Nineveh is all about. God always knew what He was doing with His remarkable, hidden, and Mysterious Plan. :)

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
That's a lot of text good sir or madaam!
My name is Oseas (Hosea). Is is a name of male.

I didn't offer the entire quote because I don't believe that it matters.
Okay, nothing against it.
But in my reply according the Word of God, what really mattered was exactly what you omitted and failed to mention unfortunately. No problem for me, what matters is that: the Word is God. The FIRST Covenant was established by God exclusively to a special and chosen people and created by Him, the people of Israel. Never to any other nation, except Israel.

Scripture is clear that the Plan of God has always been the same, it has never changed.
The Plan is and always has been, these three Key Elements of Christ's Work

Yes, Scripture is clear about God's Plan, but what you are saying...no.

As I told you in my post before, God is wise. The Word of God in Genesis, revealed to Moses, is a description of God's Plan to restore or restitution all things in seven Days, Day by Day, as they were in His Garden of Eden. As it is written in Proverbs 25:v.11-CJB- Like apples of gold in settings of silver is a word appropriately spoken,
thus is the Word of God.

If you look well, God revealed Genesis to Moses after He had worked two Days and half,
i.e. after He had already worked 2,500 years, and many works had God already made, do you see?

For example, we know that there was a rebellion of the sons of God since Eden, and in Genesis 6:v. 1 to 8 God revealed to Moses that "It came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; ... But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.

In accord biblical Chronology, Noah was born about year 1056. God had worked a millennium, so the 1st Day of 1000 years (midnight on God's watch) had ended 56 years ago, or 56 years before Noah's birth, and the 2nd Day had started when God's watch was pointed midnight-year 1,000.

Do you know what were the works of God-JESUS-during the first and second millenniums?

For examples, Noah was about 500 years old when he found grace in the eyes of the Lord.
God had looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth. And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth. Make thee an ark of gopher wood, and Noah made it during 100 years. So, around 1.656 years God sent the flood, it was still one complete Day more 656 years of the second Day.

Note that around 427 years after the flood, was born Abraham, it was around 2.083 years of God's work or two complete Days of work. And after around more 430 years after Abraham occurred Exodus, i.e. around 2,513 years or two Days and half as God had promised to Abraham about his seed to make a nation.
Then was created the nation of Israel, the clay, the dry land, in the third Day, or around 1,500 years BC-Genesis 1:v.9-13, or about 3,500 years ago, from today.

By the way, God sent JESUS in the end of the fourth Day, after four Days of God's work-John 5:v.17- Check it out - or at midnight - in the end of the third Day or third millennium, and the beginning of the fourth Day, fourth millennium.

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
1. Pays the debt for Sin
2. Sends the Gift of the Holy Spirit
3. Circumcises the Heart of the Sin Nature (which is what would have happened if Adam and Eve could have eaten from Jesus, the Tree of Life within the Garden, all the way back in Genesis 3:22-24, I do believe).
You know that Adam means much more than a man's name biblically, Adam means mankind. By the way, there are two Adams biblically, not only one, and it was only after God made be born the second Adam, around 2,000 years ago, all the blessings promised to Abraham were fulfilled because only now the Gentiles were reached by the blessings in Abraham . So JESUS said: Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

This Holy Work of Christ applies to all in the Old Testament and the New Testament. It's the same set of Promises based upon the same Covenant.
Nope. God always planned on the Gentiles being united, which is what the story of Nineveh is all about. God always knew what He was doing with His remarkable, hidden, and Mysterious Plan.
JESUS, the true Adam, is from Eternity, as He said 2,000 years ago for our knowledge: O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was. (That is the world that He came to save, i.e. only they which believed in Him as say Scriptures, those who do not believe will perish for ever. He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His NAME: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

But what God planned on the Gentiles was exclusively through the second Covenant, the New Testament, never by the FIRST Covenant, by blood of bulls and goats, but by the blood of His only Son-JESUS. John 3:v.16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Acts 4:v.11-12 -
11 JESUS is the stone which was set at nought of the builders, which is become the head of the corner.
12 Neither is there SALVATION in any other: for there is none other NAME under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Ephesians 1:v. 3 - Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings
in heavenly places in Christ:.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know that Adam means much more than a man's name biblically, Adam means mankind. By the way, there are two Adams biblically, not only one, and it was only after God made be born the second Adam, around 2,000 years ago, all the blessings promised to Abraham were fulfilled because only now the Gentiles were reached by the blessings in Abraham. So JESUS said: Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

JESUS, the true Adam, is from Eternity, as He said 2,000 years ago for our knowledge: O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was. (That is the world that He came to save, i.e. only they which believed in Him as say Scriptures, those who do not believe will perish forever. He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His NAME: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

But what God planned on the Gentiles was exclusively through the second Covenant, the New Testament, never by the FIRST Covenant, by blood of bulls and goats, but by the blood of His only Son-JESUS. John 3:v.16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Acts 4:v.11-12 -
11 JESUS is the stone which was set at nought of the builders, which is become the head of the corner.
12 Neither is there SALVATION in any other: for there is none other NAME under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Ephesians 1:v. 3 - Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

Hello, Oseas (Hosea!),

I like how you discuss things. Thank you for that! What I want to do, here, is learn from each of you (and offer what measly nuggets of Truth I might have).

So I hear what you're saying, but it seems like old theology to me. In taking a look at Galatians chapter three, which is based on Peter's falling astray and back into the Laws of Moses and away from the Promises / Blessing of Christ, we see a clear picture of physical circumcision that caused Israel to stumble, when they should have been realizing that it is Spiritual Circumcision that they were to seek.

Of course, I am suggesting that the physical circumcision of Abraham is simply reflective of the True Covenant between himself and God, which is that God will transform our hearts so that we will finally obey.

Sorry for being a bit vague . . . it's early and am not thinking clearly quite yet. BUT . . . what do you think of Galatians 3 (and even 4?) I would say that Galatians, as a whole, deals with the Blessings, Promises, the Covenant of Abraham perfectly . . . making it clear that Jesus and His Holy Work is the Promise that grants Eternal Life in the True land of Milk and Honey. The Galatians text shows us that the Gentiles are available to the Promises and Blessings of Abraham, so we know that the Land of Milk and Honey is not their inheritance, but the True Land of Milk and Honey in Heaven.

Thank you for your commentary of Galatians in advanced! :)

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
Hello, Oseas (Hosea!),

I like how you discuss things. Thank you for that! What I want to do, here, is learn from each of you (and offer what measly nuggets of Truth I might have).

So I hear what you're saying, but it seems like old theology to me. In taking a look at Galatians chapter three, which is based on Peter's falling astray and back into the Laws of Moses and away from the Promises / Blessing of Christ, we see a clear picture of physical circumcision that caused Israel to stumble, when they should have been realizing that it is Spiritual Circumcision that they were to seek.

Of course, I am suggesting that the physical circumcision of Abraham is simply reflective of the True Covenant between himself and God, which is that God will transform our hearts so that we will finally obey.

Sorry for being a bit vague . . . it's early and am not thinking clearly quite yet. BUT . . . what do you think of Galatians 3 (and even 4?) I would say that Galatians, as a whole, deals with the Blessings, Promises, the Covenant of Abraham perfectly . . . making it clear that Jesus and His Holy Work is the Promise that grants Eternal Life in the True land of Milk and Honey. The Galatians text shows us that the Gentiles are available to the Promises and Blessings of Abraham, so we know that the Land of Milk and Honey is not their inheritance, but the True Land of Milk and Honey in Heaven.
Thank you for your commentary of Galatians in advanced! :)

Hello Timothy
Paul the Apostle did write to Timothy, saying: "my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

See, Timothy, my brother in faith, you asked me to comment on Galatians 3 and 4. Reading these two chapters, I see that there is no need to make any comment, because both chapters alone explain something else that you want to understand about the promises from God to Gentile peoples since ancient times.

I begin by Galatians 3:v.8 - And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would
justify the heathen-the Gentiles- through faith, preached before the GOSPEL unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

So, the GOSPEL - the second Covenant - was preached firstly to Abraham, as say the verse 8, """That the BLESSING of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; - Aleluiaaaaa! - that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith-3:v.14""" Praise God. God is Spirit.
3:v.9 - So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham. Aleluia!
3:v.7 - Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

Writing to the Romans, Paul said:
Romans 1:v.16-17
16 I am not ashamed of the GOSPEL of Christ: for it is the Power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Writing to the Church of Corinthians, Paul said: 1Co.1:v.21 and 24: -
21 ...
It pleased God by the foolishness of preaching -the GOSPEL-to save them that believe.
24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the Power of God, and the Wisdom of God.

To complete the exposition above I would like to write chapter 1 of Ephesians, but it is too long, I leave it for you to read if you decide, but I transcribe verse 3 which is of great joy and says: "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with ALL spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:"

On the other hand, all the content above has to do exclusively with the promise made to Abraham due his faith in God, not pela Law - the FIRST Covenant - which was established only after 430 years, For God hath shut them all up in disobedience that He might have mercy on all-Rom. 11:v.32. For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse-Gal.3:v.10. But the Scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe-second Covenant by promise-Gal.3:v.22.

Note that the apostle Paul was concerned to make it clear that the FIRST Covenant, through the Law, could not nullify the Covenant made by promise through the Gospel, so that the first Covenant would render the promise void or of none effect.

Well, brother Timothy, I searched to clarify my view the best I could within the content of Galatians 3 and 4, but the Holy Spirit can complete some point that I may have omitted.

In Christ JESUS, KING of kings(kings made by Him), and LORD of lords

PS.
I would like to say that the most important is to see ahead, not the things which are of ancient time and are already fulfilled and are behind of us. See, these two Covenants will be DISSOLVED by complete from now on. 2 Peter 3:v.7 and 11 to 15

WARNING;
2 Peter 3:v.7and 11-15

7 But the heavens (the first TWO heavens- behold, the third will be established) and the earth (the clay, the dry land- the CARNAL Israel of Agar), which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of Judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be
DISSOLVED, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the Day of God, wherein the heavens -the FIRST and SECOND heavens- being on FIRE shall be DISSOLVED, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens -THE THIRD HEAVEN AND AFTER THE HEAVEN OF THE HEAVENS - and a new earth -SPIRITUAL ISRAEL -, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.
15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation;
Amen

Last edited:

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whew, @Oseas . . . this is a very deep subject; it is a very important doctrine that we're discussing. I'm actually not looking backwards, but I am looking at today. You see, I believe that the Covenant made with Abraham was the very Covenant Promises that we receive today, less the debt paid for his sins, of which he would have to wait for Christ.

The Promises and the Blessings are, to my understanding, these four things:
1. The Sacrifice of Christ pays the debt for sin
2. Jesus lifts the Sinful Nature
3. Jesus grants the ability to Repent
4. Jesus sends the Effectual Gift of the Holy Spirit

I am saying that if we are to have the same Faith as Abraham, why would we not assume that he, Abraham, hadn't already received the Promises? Abraham already received these Promises, which are the same Promises that are available to us today. In fact, it is because of these Promises that anyone is saved at all. For the Lord grants these Promises to anyone that He so chooses. Exo 33:19.

So, if we are to have the same Faith that Abraham had, then we can know, for sure, that what is described in Colossians 2:9-15 is what had been granted to our Father of Faith, Abraham. The below scripture is what happened to Abraham, less the experience of Jesus on the Cross. But Jesus most certainly lifted the Sin Nature, the Curse of Adam and Eve from his heart, and Jesus most certainly send the gift of the Holy Spirit to cause him to live blamelessly and Faithful throughout his life. Abraham please God because he was enabled to believe and obey. And these are the exact same Promises and Blessings that are not only available to the Gentiles, but also to those of the Seven Nations. Even the Canaanite woman was granted Faith.

This is why I say that the Covenant of Abraham is the same Covenant that I am under. It is the Covenant of Circumcision . . . Circumcision of the Heart. True believers belong to the Family of Circumcision; those whose Hearts have been replaced by Christ. It is God who will give us a new heart and a new spirit within us, so that . . . so that we will obey. God will Circumcise the Foreskins of our Hearts so that we will obey. These are the Promises, and the Promises have been issued to each Holy man and woman throughout time.

Does what I have presented above seem like a fair and rational point of view?

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
Dear Timothy,
What prevails is the Word of God. JESUS said:
Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? - Luke 18:v.8

Do not waste your time on things that God promised 4,000 years ago and HE HAS FULLY FULFILLED THEM as the two Covenants, among other promises, which He - God - will dismantled both by complete by FIRE
from now on, as He revealed to the Apostle Peter.
Again: JESUS said: Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? - Luke 18:v.8
Look for JESUS and for more these things He said: Luke 20:v.35-36 among other Scriptures:

35 But
they which shall be accounted WORTHY to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage:
36 Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.

If you were not be found WORTHY you will not enter in the Kingdom of God, that is in the world to come, as said JESUS, then certainly you will be lost for ever.

Revelation 11:v.15 to 18 left very clear how will be the days from now on:
15 - The kingdoms OF THIS WORLD are become the Kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and He shall reign for ever and ever.
18 - And the nations were angry, and thy WRATH is com
e, and the time of the dead, that they should be Judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

This year of 2020 was terrible for ALL nations, but 2021 will be worse, it will not make any sense to say "Happy New Year" because it will not be, that wish will not be fulfilled at all, next year will not be a happy year, actually there will never be years that one can say or call it happy, but only dark and horrendous years, and terrifying years, because of the wrath of the Lamb and severe punishments according to the two candlesticks.
See, the two Covenants will be DISSOLVED by complete and by FIRE from now on.

WARNING

2 Peter 3:v.7and 11-15
7 But the heavens (the first TWO heavens- behold, the third will be established) and the earth (the clay, the dry land- the CARNAL Israel of Agar) which are now, by the same Word are kept in store, reserved unto FIRE against the Day of Judgment - the Lord's Day - and perdition of ungodly men.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be DISSOLVED, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the Day of God, wherein the heavens -the FIRST and SECOND heavens- being on FIRE shall be DISSOLVED, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens -THE THIRD HEAVEN AND AFTER THE HEAVEN OF THE HEAVENS - and a new earth -SPIRITUAL ISRAEL -, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be DILIGENT that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.
15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation;
Amen

In Christ JESUS, KING of kings (kings made by Him exclusively), and LORD of lords