The Flawed Reasoning Of Total Depravity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry you lack a total understanding of Divine truth. I say that because once again profane thoughts about the biblical God should not be posted.
I give you credit for posting your ideas and trying to take a stand based on what your current ideas are

Where there is life there is hope. If you want to learn we would help you. If you want to stay ignorant we will let you go that also.
Let's get something straight, pal: YOUR TWISTED THEOLOGY IS WHAT'S IGNORANT AND PROFANE but unlike you and the rest of the "anti-free speech" crowd, I support your right/privilege to post it, although it distorts the true image of God as He Who loves, died for, and is desperate to save every last one of us, from Adam to last of us.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course we're totally depraved. "The whole head is sick, and the whole heart faint." I disagree with the idea that God only makes house calls to a select few and that He barges in against their wish to be treated or not.

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear My voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with Me." - Revelation 3:20 KJV
Revelation 3:20 is addressed to an apostate church, not the lost world.

Reactions: Mjh29

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's get something straight, pal: YOUR TWISTED THEOLOGY IS WHAT'S IGNORANT AND PROFANE but unlike you and the rest of the "anti-free speech" crowd, I support your right/privilege to post it, although it distorts the true image of God as He Who loves, died for, and is desperate to save every last one of us, from Adam to last of us.
Coming from someone who claims the Christ laid aside His divinity. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, so God is now desperate to save ppl? Wow! And our theology is twisted and profane? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reactions: Mjh29
D

Dave L

Hey Phoneman, your pic reminds me of another Phoneman with a beard and sandy hair I knew years ago. He traveled around as a contractor and I would ride with him from time to time helping with installations. I was never a pole climber but remember him complaining about climbing those leaning poles.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here’s the thing, the gospel is irresistible news for those who God has shown their truth. I’ve yet to meet the man who told me, when presenting him the gospel stoped me and said, hold up Gods already shown me I’m a murderer, thief, selfish, ungrateful, etc, the list goes on, but I rejected his free pardon. So just stop right there I’ve already been shown and I don’t want it. JMO, God has to show a man himself in light of the truth, I don’t know and can’t speak for others, but for me this was devastating.

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You think a response to Christ saves. = salvation by works. It is God who must first save us before we can respond... in love for him.

Once again, the bible does not define Faith to be a work in such a sense. Please read Romans 4:3-5

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anecdotal. Not all make that same choice.
Anecdotal? Yes. What I posted is based on personal experience. I meditated on this further this morning, and the parable of the sower and the seed came to mind for whatever reason. One receives the seed and is overcome with joy? Was this your experience?
My experience was it slew me, and brought about repentance.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Anecdotal? Yes. What I posted is based on personal experience. I meditated on this further this morning, and the parable of the sower and the seed came to mind for whatever reason. One receives the seed and is overcome with joy? Was this your experience?
My experience was it slew me, and brought about repentance.
The parable of the sower is so searching; we need to receive the good seed as ground that will bring forth fruit, otherwise there is no life.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Here’s the thing, the gospel is irresistible news for those who God has shown their truth. I’ve yet to meet the man who told me, when presenting him the gospel stoped me and said, hold up Gods already shown me I’m a murderer, thief, selfish, ungrateful, etc, the list goes on, but I rejected his free pardon. So just stop right there I’ve already been shown and I don’t want it. JMO, God has to show a man himself in light of the truth, I don’t know and can’t speak for others, but for me this was devastating.
Isaiah 55.11 shows the sheer power of the Word which will not return unto Him void.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When the Spirit of God chooses to show us the true flesh man, this is where humility(humiliation) comes from.
I’ve seen myself in opposition to Christ. It’s pretty humiliating.