The Fruit of The Spirit.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have to understand the world and it's purpose, 'schoolhouse for the making and molding of sons.' Nothing wrong with the world when it works for the believer. The world will always be in kaos. Means nothing to a believer in view of God's purpose in the schoolhouse!
Amen!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 11:13
"If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?"

Romans 8:9
"But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his."

Hello CB members,
According to Luke 11:13 we need simply to ask Him for His Spirit. If this is so, what gives with the extra "baptism in the Holy spirit"? I thought there was only one baptism in The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit...Matthew 28:9 makes this clear to me.
"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:" ...or, is that three baptisms??!!

Now, seeing that God said He would give His Spirit to those who ask Him. Having His Spirit living inside you will cause you to produce the fruit of The Spirit.

So, my question here is, if a professed Christian has many issues and difficulties producing these fruits, do they NOT have His Spirit, are they "none of His", even though they might plead continually with God to send them His Spirit so as to fight sin? Are we to "pretend" that we are all in with the works of The Spirit? Smile when yo do not feel it in your heart? Pretend to have joy when we do not? So much is so vague and lot's of guess work as to things we THINK God said, not sure but we might just imagine we did.

Confession time. VERY frustrated most of the time and it turns into anger, then RAGE! NOT against persons, ever but while by myself which is 99.9% of the time anymore. Out of this anger and frustration I throw things and break them. How can this happen EVERYDAY, and pretty much
always in the mornings, if His Spirit is inside my heart?? Therefore, discernment say's I am none of His. This is living IN sin. Hating sin even while in the midst of it is still sin. Self loathing comes on the tail of every tantrum and it is insanity to CONSTANTLY "repent" every time this happens, (and it IS daily on some level) Repentance should be turning around to walk in the correct direction NOT returning over and over again to the same thing.

I'll be taking a break from here for a bit folks. I do ask for prayer if any will.
thank you all and love you.

Hi Nancy if you would give me a minute to speak..

What you are feeling and going through is the best of all things, this, when you see the futility of all things of yourself.. When you see yourself act out uncontrollably, time after time, this is all God bringing you to the end of yourself.. The end of all your own strength, where you see and taste of a truth the corruption that is you yourself.. This, in this place is the place of resting and trusting in God to live His life through you… For God must bring all to this place, for until He does humanity will think it has something of value in itself, it will have a secret hope in itself… It is when it sees it has absolutely no hope in ever accomplishing any good towards God, that it will fall down before Him and refuse to move, but will stay in this humble resignation before Him.. This humble state of resignation before Him is the place of living by faith, which if one would, is living after the Spirit…

You are in a great place with blessings just around the corner, if you will not grow faint of heart and keep trusting His love for you even when your heart sees no light… For He is teaching you of Himself and His teaching goes to the very center of your life.. This revealing of Himself to your heart will be all you could possibly ever hope and dream of… Your heart will melt and burst out with joy, with His revealing of Himself in you.. For you are His, as is evident in your posts, and He is perfecting you but you must be removed first, but once you taste of His removing, your heart will want nothing more than to be removed the more…

Many blessings in your relationship with Him…

A fellow follower of His, Not me

Last edited:

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What you are feeling and going through is the best of all things, this, when you see the futility of all things of yourself.. When you see yourself act out uncontrollably, time after time, this is all God bringing you to the end of yourself.. The end of all your own strength, where you see and taste of a truth the corruption that is you yourself.. This, in this place is the place of resting and trusting in God to live His life through you… For God must bring all to this place, for until He does humanity will think it has something of value in itself, it will have a secret hope in itself… It is when it sees it has absolutely no hope in ever accomplishing any good towards God, that it will fall down before Him and refuse to move, but will stay in this humble resignation before Him.. This humble state of resignation before Him is the place of living by faith, which if one would, is living after the Spirit…

You are in a great place with blessings just around the corner, if you will not grow faint of heart and keep trusting His love for you even when your heart sees no light… For He is teaching you of Himself and His teaching goes to the very center of your life.. This revealing of Himself to your heart will be all you could possibly ever hope and dream of… Your heart will melt and burst out with joy, with His revealing of Himself in you.. For you are His, as is evident in your posts, and He is perfecting you but you must be removed first, but once you taste of His removing, your heart will want nothing more than to be removed the more…

Good word my brother.. I'm sure Nancy will feel the spirit in which you give it. I know she has had a hard go and we trust the Lord will give the relief she needs. Not an easy process to go through the hell of this world. The body can malfunction.. so fragile. Then life it self builds up to a point. The mind is at risk of all the things and it is made susceptible by the world and creation. Many things at work in this creation.. so we trust the Lord. If he will not give more than I can handle, I found we can handle alot but there is that breaking point.. and we come to and end of self. Psalmist wrote; I am at my wits-end!
When one rejoice, we all rejoice! When one weeps, we all weep! Those that know the pain can weep with those that are going through that pain. Our hearts and love are with Nancy.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good word my brother.. I'm sure Nancy will feel the spirit in which you give it. I know she has had a hard go and we trust the Lord will give the relief she needs. Not an easy process to go through the hell of this world. The body can malfunction.. so fragile. Then life it self builds up to a point. The mind is at risk of all the things and it is made susceptible by the world and creation. Many things at work in this creation.. so we trust the Lord. If he will not give more than I can handle, I found we can handle alot but there is that breaking point.. and we come to and end of self. Psalmist wrote; I am at my wits-end!
When one rejoice, we all rejoice! When one weeps, we all weep! Those that know the pain can weep with those that are going through that pain. Our hearts and love are with Nancy.

Thank you for the kind words and the confirmation.. I taste your relationship with Him through your words also… We do stand with Nancy and all that would be His… It is true, learning that we too have died with Christ is a tough lesson to learn, but once tasted of, this dying to the life of this world becomes the all of one’s heart…

Be blessed as you pursue Him, as I know you have been, and will be…

A fellow one of His, Not me

Reactions: marks and soul man

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
B

Beautifully put my brother! All you have said it spot on and you've brought something to mind. Not so long ago, I had PRAYED for trials so as to grow in faith and trust, and be refined. Love how He answers prayers we forgot we had prayed!

Thank you for your encouraging and edifying words brother.
In His Name, always! :)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Okay, that's it! We gotta pick a state to meet that would be half way for whomever could make it driving! You rock bro! Your post makes me want to cry as, I am SO very grateful for my brothers and sisters on here.
Thank you brother, and one day...God's will be done!

Reactions: soul man and marks

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
B

Beautifully put my brother! All you have said it spot on and you've brought something to mind. Not so long ago, I had PRAYED for trials so as to grow in faith and trust, and be refined. Love how He answers prayers we forgot we had prayed!

Thank you for your encouraging and edifying words brother.
In His Name, always! :)

Thank you, and your welcome, as we learn and grow in Him does our joy overflow…

Be so blessed in the joy that overflows..

A fellow servant of His, Not me

Reactions: Nancy

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, that's it! We gotta pick a state to meet that would be half way for whomever could make it driving! You rock bro! Your post makes me want to cry as, I am SO very grateful for my brothers and sisters on here.
Thank you brother, and one day...God's will be done!

Your supposed to cry haha I'll be in pennsylvania end of October. Someone pick a state see who wants to travel :)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your supposed to cry haha I'll be in pennsylvania end of October. Someone pick a state see who wants to travel :)
@Soulman,
Where in Pen.? Too soon for me to be driving with the surgery :( but, God willing, one day soon.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Soulman,
Where in Pen.? Too soon for me to be driving with the surgery :( but, God willing, one day soon.

My wife is going to Wilkes-barre to help her dad. I'll be there at the end of month.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have never been up in those parts. I hear it is beautiful and this time of year the fall leaves are turning.

Oh it is brother! Several friends and I took a road trip up to Vermont one Autumn. Beautiful.
Is your FIL sick bro?