The Fruit of The Spirit.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 11:13
"If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?"

Romans 8:9
"But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his."

Hello CB members,
According to Luke 11:13 we need simply to ask Him for His Spirit. If this is so, what gives with the extra "baptism in the Holy spirit"? I thought there was only one baptism in The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit...Matthew 28:9 makes this clear to me.
"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:" ...or, is that three baptisms??!!

Now, seeing that God said He would give His Spirit to those who ask Him. Having His Spirit living inside you will cause you to produce the fruit of The Spirit.

So, my question here is, if a professed Christian has many issues and difficulties producing these fruits, do they NOT have His Spirit, are they "none of His", even though they might plead continually with God to send them His Spirit so as to fight sin? Are we to "pretend" that we are all in with the works of The Spirit? Smile when yo do not feel it in your heart? Pretend to have joy when we do not? So much is so vague and lot's of guess work as to things we THINK God said, not sure but we might just imagine we did.

Confession time. VERY frustrated most of the time and it turns into anger, then RAGE! NOT against persons, ever but while by myself which is 99.9% of the time anymore. Out of this anger and frustration I throw things and break them. How can this happen EVERYDAY, and pretty much
always in the mornings, if His Spirit is inside my heart?? Therefore, discernment say's I am none of His. This is living IN sin. Hating sin even while in the midst of it is still sin. Self loathing comes on the tail of every tantrum and it is insanity to CONSTANTLY "repent" every time this happens, (and it IS daily on some level) Repentance should be turning around to walk in the correct direction NOT returning over and over again to the same thing.

I'll be taking a break from here for a bit folks. I do ask for prayer if any will.
thank you all and love you.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I was standing in the kitchen this morning. I was in the midst of gathering all my strength to cope with how I felt. Again. I turned around to see the husky running at me, as it had just got up and needed to go out. I was standing between it and the door.
Being a privileged dog, it ran right at me so I tried to jump out of the way. Remember, I was in the midst of mustering my strength. I yelled at the dog. My son was coming down the hall and jokingly said that she needed to go pee. I yelled at him! He walked into the other room.
Fruit of the Spirit? Yeah, when I'm not having a panic attack. When I feel closed in, I panic. I think it's from when I woke from a coma. I had fallen asleep in my bed one night, peacefully, and woke to my worst nightmare.
Life was going okay, considering both of my parents, whom, I lived with, had just died. I was only in double shock. And the recent end of my marriage. I think 2004 was out to get me.
So when I opened my eyes, attached to tubes and wires, in a room with glass walls and colored lights, in absolute agony, and paralyzed, I choked on panic!
It took months to come out of that state and it took some time before I was able to comprehend what had happened. I'd had a rare reaction to a medication, which is classified as a brain disease. Together with my acquired brain injury, thinking didn't come easy.
So, every morning after this time in my life, for about 10-12 years, the first moment or so that I was awake, I relived that first moment when I came out of the coma. I learned to lay quiet until the storm passed.
When I'm caught off-guard and feel trapped, I often react angrily. I think talking now, God is healing me more.
In the movie, "The Matrix," Neo woke up in a pod, hooked up to tubes and wires. If he was in extreme pain and was paralyzed, he would've felt like I did.
I expect that as He continues to heal my traumatized soul, I'll exhibit more fruit of the Spirit.
Nancy, last October you apologized for blowing up a thread of mine...that's okay, it happens to the best of us! Lol

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Remember folks that in nature fruit is produced in season, after the sun and rain causes the dormant winter tree to bud and blossom before bearing its fruit and ripening it.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Remember folks that in nature fruit is produced in season, after the sun and rain causes the dormant winter tree to bud and blossom before bearing its fruit and ripening it.
Hi @Pearl Yes, much prayer and Scripture reading and spiritual exercise is indeed involves by God's grace as Christian character and spiritual fruit emerges, right?

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?"

"But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his."

Hello CB members,
According to Luke 11:13 we need simply to ask Him for His Spirit. If this is so, what gives with the extra "baptism in the Holy spirit"? I thought there was only one baptism in The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit...Matthew 28:9 makes this clear to me.
"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:" ...or, is that three baptisms??!!

Now, seeing that God said He would give His Spirit to those who ask Him. Having His Spirit living inside you will cause you to produce the fruit of The Spirit.

So, my question here is, if a professed Christian has many issues and difficulties producing these fruits, do they NOT have His Spirit, are they "none of His", even though they might plead continually with God to send them His Spirit so as to fight sin? Are we to "pretend" that we are all in with the works of The Spirit? Smile when yo do not feel it in your heart? Pretend to have joy when we do not? So much is so vague and lot's of guess work as to things we THINK God said, not sure but we might just imagine we did.

Confession time. VERY frustrated most of the time and it turns into anger, then RAGE! NOT against persons, ever but while by myself which is 99.9% of the time anymore. Out of this anger and frustration I throw things and break them. How can this happen EVERYDAY, and pretty much
always in the mornings, if His Spirit is inside my heart?? Therefore, discernment say's I am none of His. This is living IN sin. Hating sin even while in the midst of it is still sin. Self loathing comes on the tail of every tantrum and it is insanity to CONSTANTLY "repent" every time this happens, (and it IS daily on some level) Repentance should be turning around to walk in the correct direction NOT returning over and over again to the same thing.

I'll be taking a break from here for a bit folks. I do ask for prayer if any will.

Hi Nancy!

When an issue of growing the fruit of the Spirit is concerned, I always refer to 2 Peter 1:5-11

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

Don't be so hard on yourself @Nancy. We are all on a path of varying degrees, to become more like Christ and less like the world. Some of the struggles with our sinful nature are dealt with immediately at salvation while others take time. A process of sanctification with the Holy Spirit's help. Transformation is a journey with the Holy Spirit on a daily basis. Walking in the opposite spirit is not something we have learned naturally but as we become more aware of our weaknesses in specific areas where sin abounds [as the Spirit within us makes us aware] we are more inclined to take the right path as a believer in Christ rather than how we previously reacted in the past as members of this dark world without hope...

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Fruit doesn't just appear in the first season; first the plant has to mature, then when the buds open into blossoms they have to be pollinated in order for the fruit to be set and grow to eventual maturity and ripeness. Only when the fruit is ripe will the sees of the next generation be released and the fruit fit for eating. And bear in mind the better the fruit is nurtured the more fruit it will provide. And also bear in mind that the Father is the gardener and will need to prune in order for a good crop to appear. And all the plant does is nothing - it is the gardener who plants it and tends it. And we all know who our Heavenly Gardener is so we just need to be and let Him work on us. Then friends, and only then, will we bear the loveliest of fruit.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hello CB members,

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hello CB members,

You say it's not anger at persons. What is the anger at?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You say it's not anger at persons. What is the anger at?

Anger at myself!
Frustration as my body is broken and have to hire people to do things I've done myself for so long. Being alone the huge majority of time. Lot's of physical pain for over 25 years and it is all progressive. PDD and MDD...major and persistent depression, does not go away. No longer have many friends, especially Christian ones.
Very complex...rock and hard places. Yes, we are to be refined through suffering and trials. Satan is working overtime and the battles begin in the mind...my social skills have left the building...self pity? Pride? Perhaps. Friends dying left and right. Deep sadness that does not go away. Rarely does a smile reach my eyes and cannot remember the last belly laugh I had. Self loathing. Not "fitting in"...blah, blah, blah. Oh poor me, :rolleyes:
Oh yeah, and the only thing that brings me joy in this world is leaving me each day. yes, a dog! The best thing that God blessed me with...outside of my mom that is. So tired.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anger at myself!
Frustration as my body is broken and have to hire people to do things I've done myself for so long. Being alone the huge majority of time. Lot's of physical pain for over 25 years and it is all progressive. PDD and MDD...major and persistent depression, does not go away. No longer have many friends, especially Christian ones.
Very complex...rock and hard places. Yes, we are to be refined through suffering and trials. Satan is working overtime and the battles begin in the mind...my social skills have left the building...self pity? Pride? Perhaps. Friends dying left and right. Deep sadness that does not go away. Rarely does a smile reach my eyes and cannot remember the last belly laugh I had. Self loathing. Not "fitting in"...blah, blah, blah. Oh poor me, :rolleyes:
Oh yeah, and the only thing that brings me joy in this world is leaving me each day. yes, a dog! The best thing that God blessed me with...outside of my mom that is. So tired.
Dont focus on the emotions . This can be our downfall . Instead my dear sister , FOCUS ON THE HOPE WE HAVE IN JESUS .
I am as a sparrow , alone on a rooftop . Because of THEY hand . MANY prophets suffered hard times sister .
MANY of them wished to die as well . But also remember the HOPE we have in JESUS . THe longer this world spins
the worse it will get . BUT IF WE REMEMBER HIS PROMISE that all who do beleive shall one day be forever with HIM
THAT WILL HELP YOU THROUGH ALL YOU DO SUFFER . MARCH ON SISTER . PULL THOSE BOOTS ON and buckle those straps .
Our fight is not over till the last breath is drawn . HOPE IN THE LORD MY DEAR SISTER . I SUFFER TOO .
spinal arthritis is not friendly . BUT forget that , HOPE IN THE LORD . ONE DAY we will have new bodies .
ONE DAY we will never suffer again . HOPE IN THE LORD MY DEAR SISTER . You are loved . I KNOW pain hurts sister .
Suffering does NOT FEEL GOOD at all . IT DOES NOT . BUT THE LORD IS IN CONTROL . AND WE HAVE SUCH A WONDERFUL
Ending . FOREVER WITH HE WHO HAS SAVED US . WE cant even begin to imagine that kind of joy . HOPE IN THAT SISTER .
And your spirit will be revived your hope shall return no matter what you suffer .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hello CB members,

We must examine ourselves . WE will find the fault if we examine ourselves . Most folks forget that not only are we to have
faith , charity , but also HOPE . WHERE is your hope . What are you wanting in this life .
FOR ME , I wait only for HIS day . THAT HOPE has gotten me through many sufferings . HOPE AGAIN IN HIS DAY .
This life is a vapor sister . I know it might seem like its lasting forever , but one day , IT WILL BE OVER .
We never know when our last moment will be on this earth .
We have all struggled through hard times , lambs will and do .
But remember what JESUS said to the rich man , THIS VERY NIGHT your soul could be required of you .
THEN what was all that worth anyway . Your suffering could end in a moment , EITHER GOD could call you home
OR even heal you . BUT either way if we focus on the struggling and the circumstances it will only bring us down .
INSTEAD , FOCUS ON THE HOPE IN CHRIST . I suffer too sister . YET TONIGHT all of a sudden i could go home
THEN what was all that worrying worth . Nothing . Just focus on THE LORD SISTER . EVEN THANK HIM through it all .

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks everyone, for replying. Still holding on to Jesus, even if I think He doesn't love me, lol. No other place TO hang onto.
Love to you all.

Thank you for sharing Nancy. It took a very long time to really under how God does still love me through all my faults and misunderstanding and mistakes.

How great our God is who sent the Lord Jesus Christ! Just don’t let the sin of unbelief creep into your heart. Continue to hold on to Jesus like the woman who was of the 12 year blood loss who heard about Jesus, sought after Him, and attached herself to him.

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
YES SISTER . YOU WILL BE PRAYED FOR AS WELL . That is of dire importance as well .
Sister, you are dearly loved. You were prayed for earlier today and shall be prayed for again.

Keep all your hope and focus on Jesus. This life will soon be over. It will soon be done. Finished. Forever. And the lambs will then have unimaginable eternal joy, forever with Jesus.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sister, you are dearly loved. You were prayed for earlier today and shall be prayed for again.

Keep all your hope and focus on Jesus. This life will soon be over. It will soon be done. Finished. Forever. And the lambs will then have unimaginable eternal joy, forever with Jesus.
LEt the KING be praised .

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anger at myself!

oh boy…I’m real sad you’re dealing with all that all at once.
Do you want to zoom or FaceTime tonight? I haven’t seen your face in quite a while.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, sometime tomorrow afternoon would work great for me. Or if you don’t feel like it, that’s ok too.

Reactions: MatthewG