The future of the Book of Revelation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bible_Gazer

Mar 7, 2014
Bloomington, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Book of Revelation.
Is the book revealing the plans about what God is going to do in the future, he's directing it or
is it a prediction of the future ?

A plan or is it like looking into a crystal ball to see the future events

Some may think the future already exist and God can see or go to that future and is able to show what is coming ??????

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Book of Revelation.
Is the book revealing the plans about what God is going to do in the future, he's directing it or

Both. John was definitely shown future events but it is also likely God is making many of those events happen. Some will just happen naturally while some God will be causing to happen

Bible_Gazer

Mar 7, 2014
Bloomington, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have read and I agree with it.
Prophecy are declaration from God, the action he will take in the future.

Prophecy is not a prediction. (like forecasting)

Just a moment of thought.
Maybe with some people who are prophesying its more of their prediction, rather them getting it from God himself.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Maybe with some people who are prophesying its more of their prediction, rather them getting it from God himself.
Don't confuse the act of prophesying with forecasting like Nostradamus or something of the sort. Most often, the usage of 'to prophesy' in God's Word means to speak by The Holy Spirit words easy to understand. It can even mean 'to teach' per God's Word.

The whole... Bible was given from God by The Holy Spirit through holy men, and represents God's prophesy, not just about this present world, but about the old world before this one, and for the world to come.

So what God's Word actually is for us is a type of 'Manual of Instructions and History'. If you stay in it, and do what He says, you will be strong in the Faith and have joy and peace of mind and be a help to many in this time.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Some Bible prophecy is God declaring what He will do and some is God revealing what others will do. Obviously, things like the beast making war with the saints and things like that are not God's doing, but He knew ahead of time that it would happen because He is not confined to the realm of time and space like we are (since He created it and exists outside of it).

Definitely. Beware of false prophets who do not get their insights from God or from the Word of God.

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Book of Revelation.

Some may think the future already exist and God can see or go to that future and is able to show what is coming ??????
right at the outset of the book it tells you what it is

Bible_Gazer

Mar 7, 2014
Bloomington, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How is God outside of time ?
I would think the present time is his and our at this moment of time .
Not like our earth, which has time as in 24hrs in a day , 365days around the sun.
God is not by this time, but he works with it with us.

Does the future exist even tho its not here ?
If so, then the future is created ?
If the future exist then we are the past ?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Book of Revelation.

No, not only future, but all of time from beginning to end. John was told to write:

Write the things which you have seen, and the things which are, and the things which will take place after this.

In other words, Past history, Present events, and Future events.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Book of Revelation.

My suspicion is that the prophecies in the book of Revelation come true in each of our lifetimes.

Bible_Gazer

Mar 7, 2014
Bloomington, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do agree that God made his plans and he will carry them out.
I don't think he chooses who will be the one to carry them out ahead of time until the time comes.
Don't believe that people are predestinated to live or die. But That it will happened on their own choices.
God still rule in the Kingdom of man, he sets up and tear down.
He does use Satan as he allow him to work in gathering kingdoms together.
I don't know how much he just allow things to happens on it own accord.
God is in making all event to happen for his purpose.

Example of one is - God needed someone to betray Jesus to fulfill prophecy.
He didn't choose all righteous men in with calling of the Apostles.
God chosen a fallen man that was a devil which was no chance of changing, that was Judas.
Judas was a wicked man and a thief. Jesus said it was better if he wasn't even born.
I don't think Judas was predestinated, but the part to be played was.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Making plans and knowing what is going to happen are two different things entirely as are prediction and causation.
I can predict the sun will rise tomorrow with accuracy but I don't cause it to rise.