The Godhead

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Purity

Just as I have said, Polytheism at its best
how can you inheritance a title, name and throne if it was yours to being with?
simple, when one is in Flesh and blood. and as for the name. the name was already in existence before his birth, before his flesh. Luke 2:21 "And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called JESUS, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb". one don't name before birth, only after. and two the NAME JESUS WAS BEFORE ABRAHAM, (see John 8:58). remember the name was not given until the flesh. it was there, but not given :D . by being in in flesh and blood, that's how, because he is Spirit, and to sit on the Throne, he needed a body, did he not promise David that. so how can a Spirit Sit without a body?. listen, Luke 24:39 "Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have". this is the NEW CREATION, see our Lord Jesus never started, he always, "is", spirit, "was", spirit in natural flesh and blood, and "is to come", Spirit in Glorified Flesh and Bones, no blood. see Revelation 1:4b.

and next, you said, "Are you suggesting Yahweh cannot manifest His power through a beloved Son (sons)? Did not the same Holy Spirit power give him life?". if your Yahweh manifest His power through a beloved Son, then the Son, or son's power is not his, or theirs. and that Contradict scripture. because you said "BOTH HAVE POWER". but 1 Timothy 6:14 say this. "That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: 15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords". ONLY MEANS ONLY, and he qualified it by saying who ONLY HAVE POWER. Lord JESUS, so your Statement is incorrect as to both have power. and two you contradict your own self by say through

then you said, Luk_1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Spirit shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God".
now Purity, if the Holy Spirit came upon Mary to conceive the Child, I ask, who is the rightful father?. remember the POWER of the HIGHEST, and you said that the power of God is the Holy Spirit.

then you said, Not only Christ but many sons will become the Power of God. Heb 2:10. become, become the power?. LOL, Oh well, listen Luke 24:49 "And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high". WITH, WITH, WITH. now what is the promise?. John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever". and the comforter is the Holy Spirit. so who is coming with POWER?, answer JESUS, our Lord. John 14:18 "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you". so JESUS is the POWER, and he is coming. and lets back this up with scripture, 1 Corinthians 1:24 "But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God". so you respond is in ERROR. Look purity, bless your heart. Jesus is God in flesh called CHRIST. and in Spirit, without flesh & bone he is the Holy Spirit. now glorified, the same Spirit comforts us, and help us. because of his flesh and bone, NO BLOOD.

then you said, "Do you believe Christ was the literal rock from which they drank? Rom 4:17", LOL, LOL, LOL, I sorry, I couldn't stop laughing at that one. I'll leave that to you. if you think I believe that Christ is a literal Rock, LOL. My Oh , My. you missed the whole point. Oh well. moving on.

How did you start? Gal 4:4, again, LOL, LOL. Look Jesus did not Start, he came, as, as, as, a man, in Flesh and blood. Isaiah 35:4 "Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you".

then this,
Like I said - Only Potentate is the context of 1 Tim 6:14. I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth all things, and before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession; (1Ti 6:13) He quickened His Son also!
Act_3:15 And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.
Act_4:10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
Act_5:30 The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.
Act_10:40 Him God raised up the third day, and shewed him openly;

Ok, lets see who raised that body in the resurrection. John 2:19 "Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up". ok purity, who is the "I" here, let me help you out, "Jesus answered".
it leave YOUR Yahweh Elohim, powerless..
-----------------------------
:wacko:
NO, that's the truth, and it hurts don't it.
The problem you have is:
Jesus Christ was tempted Heb. 2:18) Yahweh (his Father) cannot be tempted with evil (James 1:13)
question, who was tempted, the son of God, or the Son of man, :eek: know the difference,

Jesus Christ died - ceased to exist for three days (Rev 1:18) but Yahweh (his Father) cannot die (1 Tim. 6:16)
I believe you have that mixed, the subject matter in 1 Tim. 6:16 is about Jesus, and not your Yahweh. see your ERROR.
and two you stated rev 1:18, you better look at Isaiah 48:12 "Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last". this is the same one :p

now, to understand his death. the ETERNAL SPIRIT conceive, or begotten a life of flesh and blood so that he could die from that nature. did you not know that the LIFE of the flesh is in the blood, let me say that again, the life of the flesh is the blood. was not God in the Flesh, YES, 1 Timothy 3:16 "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Jesus Christ was seen by men but Yahweh (his Father) cannot be seen by men (1 Tim 6:16)
wrong person, that I have pointed out, and believe the works, Man, Oh man!,

now purity, who only have IMMORALITY, your Yahweh or Jesus the Christ, which one?. case closed.
2 HiddenManna, Greeting in the Name in the name of the Lord Jesus.

I will stay with what the scriptures describe, The Father (1) The Son (2) The Holy Spirit (3) all three having their place and work in time and space but all united as ONE.

I'm glad you're staying with the scriptures, but do me one thing here. where in the bible it say The Father (1) The Son (2) The Holy Spirit (3) in that order?.

2 HiddenManna, and Purity.

going to church now, will pick back up later.

so be blessed.

HiddenManna

Jun 1, 2013
Tennessee
So if one believes in the Father, Son and Holy Spirit as a united God. Thats polytheism? Well thats just a rejection of the clear reading and intention of the scriptures. And being called a few names for believeing the truth is nothing new to we Christians who defend the truth. Its like water off a ducks back to me :D

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 HiddenManna
So if one believes in the Father, Son and Holy Spirit as a united God. Thats polytheism? Well thats just a rejection of the clear reading and intention of the scriptures. And being called a few names for believeing the truth is nothing new to we Christians who defend the truth. Its like water off a ducks back to me :D

YES, if you say, and believe that they are three individual, separate, or united PERSON, YES that's exactly what I'm saying.

and as for a clear reading of the word. if one read WITHOUT UNDERSTAND, MEANING WITHOUT WISDOM, from the Lord Jesus the Christ. it is CLEARLY WRONG. anything read with Wisdom from above, that is not understood, YES it is rejected. just as anything done NOT in FAITH is SIN.

And being called a few names for believeing the truth is nothing new to we Christians who defend the truth. STOP that crying!. listen,
the Lord Jesus said himself, John 5:39 "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me". this is what the Bereans did. they search the scriptures, EVEN THE APOSTLE SPOKE, THEY SEARCHED. (so don't take anyone word for it, search it out). Acts 17:11 " These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so".
this is what I did. I searched, to see if what I was believing in was true. and I found out different. It's bad when you catch your own self in a lie. but even worst, if someone else catch you in a lie. so I stop lying, and let the Lord Jesus teach me, and he did. so now I don't have to Lie any more. only speak the truth NOW. it feel good when you can speak the truth in confidence. now, as much information I have Posted on this site it must be hitting home B) . this is a discussion board. so lets discuss. and that post about "And being called a few names for believeing the truth is nothing new to we Christians who defend the truth. Its like water off a ducks back to me". listen, John 15:18 "If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you". so you can put that crying towel up, ok.

now, back to the discussion. where in the bible is stated ,The Father (1) The Son (2) The Holy Spirit (3) in that order?.

P.S. if you think I hard on you, YES, because you're chosen by the Lord Jesus. :wacko:

Be blessed.

HiddenManna

Jun 1, 2013
Tennessee
101G said:
2 HiddenManna
YES, if you say, and believe that they are three individual, separate, or united PERSON, YES that's exactly what I'm saying.

and as for a clear reading of the word. if one read WITHOUT UNDERSTAND, MEANING WITHOUT WISDOM, from the Lord Jesus the Christ. it is CLEARLY WRONG. anything read with Wisdom from above, that is not understood, YES it is rejected. just as anything done NOT in FAITH is SIN.

And being called a few names for believeing the truth is nothing new to we Christians who defend the truth. STOP that crying!. listen,
the Lord Jesus said himself, John 5:39 "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me". this is what the Bereans did. they search the scriptures, EVEN THE APOSTLE SPOKE, THEY SEARCHED. (so don't take anyone word for it, search it out). Acts 17:11 " These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so".
this is what I did. I searched, to see if what I was believing in was true. and I found out different. It's bad when you catch your own self in a lie. but even worst, if someone else catch you in a lie. so I stop lying, and let the Lord Jesus teach me, and he did. so now I don't have to Lie any more. only speak the truth NOW. it feel good when you can speak the truth in confidence. now, as much information I have Posted on this site it must be hitting home B) . this is a discussion board. so lets discuss. and that post about "And being called a few names for believeing the truth is nothing new to we Christians who defend the truth. Its like water off a ducks back to me". listen, John 15:18 "If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you". so you can put that crying towel up, ok.

now, back to the discussion. where in the bible is stated ,The Father (1) The Son (2) The Holy Spirit (3) in that order?.

P.S. if you think I hard on you, YES, because you're chosen by the Lord Jesus. :wacko:

Be blessed.
Who said its hard? and I know that I am correct beyond all doubt on this issue, so it matters little that you would attempt to challenge my understanding of the truth. Like I said it very clear in the reading of the scriptures so what else is there to know?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know that I am correct beyond all doubt on this issue. so it matters little that you would attempt to challenge my understanding of the truth

Ok then who came and SAVE us. the Father yes or No?.

HiddenManna

Jun 1, 2013
Tennessee
101G said:
I know that I am correct beyond all doubt on this issue. so it matters little that you would attempt to challenge my understanding of the truth
Ok then who came and SAVE us. the Father yes or No?.
The Son in that He was One with the Father and through the fact the The Holy Spirit was upon Him and fulfilled all righteousness. So again you try to pose a unbiblical question as if the Father and the Son and the Spirit where somehow not united as One.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Son in that He was One with the Father and through the fact the The Holy Spirit was upon Him and fulfilled all righteousness. So again you try to pose a unbiblical question as if the Father and the Son and the Spirit where somehow not united?

Hog wash, you said, and I quote, Jesus did not pre-exist.
2 persons
1 purpose
1 is subject to the other
Both have power
Jesus did not pre-exist.

you lied, Oh well,
well let me put it another way. who came, your Yahweh Elohim, or Yeshua Ha-Mashiach. and let me help you out again, Isaiah 35:4 "Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you. now, who is this that is coming?, remember you said Jesus did not pre-exist.

HiddenManna

Jun 1, 2013
Tennessee
101G said:
The Son in that He was One with the Father and through the fact the The Holy Spirit was upon Him and fulfilled all righteousness. So again you try to pose a unbiblical question as if the Father and the Son and the Spirit where somehow not united?

Hog wash, you said, and I quote, Jesus did not pre-exist.
2 persons
1 purpose
1 is subject to the other
Both have power
Jesus did not pre-exist.

you lied, Oh well,
well let me put it another way. who came, your Yahweh Elohim, or Yeshua Ha-Mashiach. and let me help you out again, Isaiah 35:4 "Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you. now, who is this that is coming?, remember you said Jesus did not pre-exist.
That is a false statement I never said such a thing, I hope you will retract that charge? if you cannot debate this issue in an honest way? Maybe your beliefs are in great error and you should reform them?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sorry, that was purity,

but the question stand . who came, your Yahweh Elohim, or Yeshua Ha-Mashiach. and let me help you out again, Isaiah 35:4 "Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you. now, who is this that is coming?,

Let me re-state the post clearly. who came the Father or the Son, HiddenManna Isaiah 35:4 "Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you. now, who is this that is coming?,

HiddenManna

Jun 1, 2013
Tennessee
101G said:
sorry, that was purity,

but the question stand . who came, your Yahweh Elohim, or Yeshua Ha-Mashiach. and let me help you out again, Isaiah 35:4 "Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you. now, who is this that is coming?, remember you said Jesus did not pre-exist.
Im sorry you must not understand that IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE WORD AND THE WORD WITH GOD AND THE WORD WAS GOD, AND THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH AND DWELT AMONG US AND WE BEHELD HIS GLORY, THE GLORY OF THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON. "BEFORE ABRAHAM WAS "I AM"

HiddenManna

Jun 1, 2013
Tennessee
Well if the scriptures dont make the point? Your not willing to hear the answer.
Im sorry you must not understand that IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE WORD AND THE WORD WITH GOD AND THE WORD WAS GOD, AND THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH AND DWELT AMONG US AND WE BEHELD HIS GLORY, THE GLORY OF THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON. "BEFORE ABRAHAM WAS "I AM"

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE WORD AND THE WORD WITH GOD AND THE WORD WAS GOD, AND THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH AND DWELT AMONG US AND WE BEHELD HIS GLORY, THE GLORY OF THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON. "BEFORE ABRAHAM WAS "I AM"

This I know, but my question to you is this Isaiah 35:4 "Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you". who came, and please don't just say God. is it the Father or the son?, which one?.

well no answer is a "I DON'T KNOW or a I CAN'T ANSWER THAT.

just as I thought.

be blessed.

HiddenManna

Jun 1, 2013
Tennessee
101G said:
IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE WORD AND THE WORD WITH GOD AND THE WORD WAS GOD, AND THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH AND DWELT AMONG US AND WE BEHELD HIS GLORY, THE GLORY OF THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON. "BEFORE ABRAHAM WAS "I AM"

This I know, but my question to you is this Isaiah 35:4 "Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you". who came, and please don't just say God. is it the Father or the son?, which one?.

well no answer is a "I DON'T KNOW or a I CAN'T ANSWER THAT.

just as I thought.

be blessed.
God is God, He is the Father and The Son and the Holy Spirit, So I do not see your point? Only in your mind are they seperate, but the scriptures declare they are united and are One.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 HiddenManna

God is God, He is the Father and The Son and the Holy Spirit, So I do not see your point? Only in your mind are they seperate, but the scriptures declare they are united and are One.

Only in your mind are they separate. Oh you're a mind reader now?. NO I have never had such thoughts in my mind. Now you're wrong. find any post to that fact of mine.

2 HiddenManna

while you are looking for any of my post to the fact of they being separate. I notice you have change your mind, or stance just over the last few days on "PERSON". so that was not working for you. now, you're saying, He (God), is the Father and The Son and the Holy Spirit. are you saying that God is one PERSON?, Y/N

HiddenManna

Jun 1, 2013
Tennessee
101G said:
2 HiddenManna

Only in your mind are they separate. Oh you're a mind reader now?. NO I have never had such thoughts in my mind. Now you're wrong. find any post to that fact of mine.

2 HiddenManna

while you are looking for any of my post to the fact of they being separate. I notice you have change your mind, or stance just over the last few days on "PERSON". so that was not working for you. now, you're saying, He (God), is the Father and The Son and the Holy Spirit. are you saying that God is one PERSON?, Y/N
Well then you accept then they are One? Good we are in agreement i think? And not sure if you have me mixed up with another poster? For I do not understand the last portion of your post?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well then you accept then they are One? Good we are in agreement i think? And not sure if you have me mixed up with another poster? For I do not understand the last portion of your post?

Well then you accept then they are One? absolutely NO. there is no THEY. that is my POINT. I do not follow titles.

not sure if you have me mixed up with another poster? NO, you have posted, The reading of the passage shows the Son, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit upon Him, and the father speaking from heaven. These are three different aspects of the same God. Aspects?. and then you said, Well knowing the legalist mindset of some, who seem to enjoy twisting the use of words and their definitions, I will not use the term "person'' I will stay with what the scriptures describe, The Father (1) The Son (2) The Holy Spirit (3) all three having their place and work in time and space but all united as ONE.
that's the SAME thing as saying first person, second, and third Person. then you said, So if one believes in the Father, Son and Holy Spirit as a united God. Thats polytheism?. when you used that word united you still are promoting three. the father is a title of the one Spirit, or person, the title Son is the SAME Spirit, and the title Holy spirit is the SAME Spirit, titles are not united, titles can be "OF" the SAME PERSON, but NOT SEPERATE PERSONS.. so you're still in Polytheism.

now HiddenManna, you have said, "The reading of the passage shows the Son, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit upon Him, and the father speaking from heaven. These are three different aspects of the same God" if you say these three, (more that one) are these aspects of yours, are they persons Yes or NO.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Trinity is reality based on our perspective. Looking at light through a prism has a similar effect, except in God's case, each segment of the light spectrum would contain the whole spectrum.
it is the only real illusion

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
HiddenManna said:
How do you get the Nicene Creed from John 1:1?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
aspen2, greeting in the name of the Lord Jesus.

The Trinity is reality based on our perspective. Looking at light through a prism has a similar effect, except in God's case, each segment of the light spectrum would contain the whole spectrum.

what you said is true. but is God divided?. NO. we walk by Faith and not by SIGHT.

a car have many PARTS. but its ONLY ONE CAR. the engine is not a separate car, or the first united part of the car, NO. and the transmission is another, second united car . NO. or the trunk is a third car, NO. and all three Separate cars are united as ONE CAR. NO. the engine by itself is not a SEPERATE CAR, like wise, the transmission, nor the trunk. if one call this united then you have three CARS. plain and simple.

but we're talking about our SAVIOUR, and LORD. HE, the I, the Holy ONE, is "A" Person. not two persons, or three united Persons. ONLY ONE PERSON. the scriptures are clear. Listen, Titus 2:10 "Not purloining, but shewing all good fidelity; that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Saviour in all things". Titus 2:13 "Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ". the apostle have just told us who God is. question who is going to appear, according to Titus 2:13 God, and he give the Proper and ONLY name of God, Jesus Christ. now lets get a second witness. 1 Timothy 6:14 "That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: 15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords. 16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen". if one can't see that it is only ONE PERSON, then then they are blind. I have never promoted a separation. nor any three PERSONS united. I promote only ONE PERSON, and that ONE PERSON is the ETERNAL SPIRIT, know to you as, the Holy Spirit. who personal name is JESUS. if one would just stop and think for a minute. and stop looking at titles, then one can see clearly.