The Gospel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Phillippians 3:13,

13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

Again forgetting those things which are behind. There is not a born again person that can't forget the past if they chose to. There is not an abused and tormented soul that can't forget if they chose to take the mind that is available to them. If the gospel is preached to them. We go about in the world we live in like God is dead, and the bible is out dated so we are going to fix people up.

The altar calls we hear today consists of quit sinning, live right, and everything will go your way. We pat them on the back and wish them luck. That may keep them out of hell (thank God), but the hour we live in it will not stop the neurosis and the attack that has come to the mind. If humanity does not get converted, and a mind to go with their new life the neurosis does not stop. Your renewed mind is the hope of life because of the new life in you, and you must see by the HolySpirit that life to forget anything.

If you look at the world right now and see how things are heating up. Just about every ethnic group has an agenda for past hurts, why is that? They can't forget, our rememberer works better than our forgetter. This gospel covers every atrocious event that has taken place in this world and the little world you live in. You will have no excuse for filing frivolous law suits, your gospel says to forget your past. It may have happened five years or 5 days ago it does not matter, forget it. It may have happened as a child and no ones know but the Lord, forget it. I cant preacher it's stuck in my mind. The word of God to you is the same as anyone else you must put it behind you and go on in the lord.

Sadest part of past hurts is we allow them to stay with us and relive them over and over, forget it, it's over it never exsisted in Christ. How do I do that! how does it work! I need my deliverance! It's found in him in Christ forgetting the past because it is gone as far as the East is from the West.

How does that happen; by the gospel, the gospel is the only answer, it has always been the only answer, and that never changes. You may understand more and more of the gospel but it will never change. You may come into different understandings but the gospel will never change through out eternity.