The Bible teaches repentance unto confession, not confession unto repentance

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
This may not seem like much of a distinction, but it is actually all important in some raging debates about Christian salvation and works.

The Bible preaches to repent and believe the gospel. It does not say believe the gospel and then repent.

If we believe we are saved by confessing the gospel is true, before repenting of dead works, then unto repentance becomes a gradual thing that is good for life, but not necessary for being justified by Christ. This is what the Christian gospel of justified with works teaches as the Christian life of progressive natural change, that never ends in whole repentance from all dead works.

The Bible says the longsuffering of God is to lead us unto repentance, not unto confession. It is repentance that leads us to confession of our sins with godly sorrow. Some Christians even teach to believe the gospel and skip repent entirely. It teaches believing we are saved first and always, and then gives lip-service unto repenting of dead works.

The problem with the gospel of believing the gospel unto repentance, is that God cannot beget us newborn and clean, without first repenting of dead works. God cannot wash clean in the blood of His Son, any one knowing they will willingly sin again. The blood of His dear Son washes us wholly clean of all past sinning. The blood of the Lamb of God is not like that of a bull or goat, that only covers continued sinning, as we gradually go on unto repentance.

The Bible gospel commands repentance first, that we may indeed believe the gospel to be forgiven by His Son, and believe from the heart that we can now live righteously as Him on earth.

If we haven't yet repented of sinning, then we can't possibly believe from the heart the good news of Jesus Christ, that with His power through faith, we can also live righteously as He did on earth.

The Bible teaches we must first repent from dead works, that we can believe the gospel of being born of God and doing good.

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Michigan/Sterling Heights
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This may not seem like much of a distinction, but it is actually all important in some raging debates about Christian salvation and works.

The Bible preaches to repent and believe the gospel. It does not say believe the gospel and then repent.

If we believe we are saved by confessing the gospel is true, before repenting of dead works, then unto repentance becomes a gradual thing that is good for life, but not necessary for being justified by Christ. This is what the Christian gospel of justified with works teaches as the Christian life of progressive natural change, that never ends in whole repentance from all dead works.

The Bible says the longsuffering of God is to lead us unto repentance, not unto confession. It is repentance that leads us to confession of our sins with godly sorrow. Some Christians even teach to believe the gospel and skip repent entirely. It teaches believing we are saved first and always, and then gives lip-service unto repenting of dead works.

The problem with the gospel of believing the gospel unto repentance, is that God cannot beget us newborn and clean, without first repenting of dead works. God cannot wash clean in the blood of His Son, any one knowing they will willingly sin again. The blood of His dear Son washes us wholly clean of all past sinning. The blood of the Lamb of God is not like that of a bull or goat, that only covers continued sinning, as we gradually go on unto repentance.

The Bible gospel commands repentance first, that we may indeed believe the gospel to be forgiven by His Son, and believe from the heart that we can now live righteously as Him on earth.

If we haven't yet repented of sinning, then we can't possibly believe from the heart the good news of Jesus Christ, that with His power through faith, we can also live righteously as He did on earth.

The Bible teaches we must first repent from dead works, that we can believe the gospel of being born of God and doing good.
There's a actually the confession of belief as well as of sins such as the Ethiopian eunuch did in Acts 8 which is consistent with Romans 10:9.

Sep 27, 2021
Norco
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think repentance and believing the gospel have to go hand in hand. Obviously if I don't believe the gospel then I'm not going to repent; I'm not going to give up my beloved sins for something I don't believe in, right?
I think Acts 3 shows it well - Peter caused them to believe with his preaching and then in verse 19 he said "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out" on judgment day (saved).
To clarify "repentance", I don't mean that we all of a sudden have perfect righteousness although that will be our goal. We have a change of heart resulting in a change of behavior. Romans 10:10 "For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness" (righteousness is a behavior). Sanctification is a lifelong process.
Additionally I'm not saying we are saved by works of our own (Crucifying the flesh is work but that's acting in obedience to your changed heart/path which is the root of repentance). Acts 5:31, Acts11:18, and 2 Tim 2:25 states that God grants us repentance. Ephesians 2:8-10 explains that God created us unto good works but it is not our works that produced salvation.

Last edited:
Reactions: rwb

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think repentance and believing the gospel have to go hand in hand. Obviously if I don't believe the gospel then I'm not going to repent; I'm not going to give up my beloved sins for something I don't believe in, right?
I think Acts 3 shows it well - Peter caused them to believe with his preaching and then in verse 19 he said "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out" on judgment day (saved).
To clarify "repentance", I don't mean that we all of a sudden have perfect righteousness although that will be our goal. We have a change of heart resulting in a change of behavior. Romans 10:10 "For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness" (righteousness is a behavior). Sanctification is a lifelong process.
Additionally I'm not saying we are saved by works of our own (Crucifying the flesh is work but that's acting in obedience to your changed heart/path which is the root of repentance). Acts 5:31, Acts11:18, and 2 Tim 2:25 states that God grants us repentance. Ephesians 2:8-10 explains that God created us unto good works but it is not our works that produced salvation.
Yes for sure, belief and repentance do go hand in hand. If you believe you'll then be obedient and do what else is required of you which is NOT a work, but simply obedience. Belief. confession of your belief, repentance, and baptism, all required and all commanded as well. This is what is meant by obedience to the gospel as referred to in 2 Thessalonians 1:8-9.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
There's a actually the confession of belief as well as of sins such as the Ethiopian eunuch did in Acts 8 which is consistent with Romans 10:9.
Yes, that is after repenting. God saw the repentance of His heart, and so inspired Stephen to baptize him.

The gospel of the Bible is Repent and believe the gospel. Not believe the gospel and confess without repenting first. That's the alternative Christian doctrine of being saved by faith alone without works worthy of repentance.

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, that is after repenting. God saw the repentance of His heart, and so inspired Stephen to baptize him.

The gospel of the Bible is Repent and believe the gospel. Not believe the gospel and confess without repenting first. That's the alternative Christian doctrine of being saved by faith alone without works worthy of repentance.
It's pretty clear that belief is 1st

Romans 10

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Faith and confession first results in instant repentance of the mind only, followed with gradual repentance of sinful works. Their covenant agreement is based entirely on believing the gospel for salvation and justification with God. Repenting and doing works are secondary and never wholly complete.

It's a promise recieved from God by faith to be given everlasting life now, with our 'pledged duty' to 'follow up' with gradual repentance through life, so as to sin less and less. But never with the understanding of wholly repenting of all sinning in this life. That only comes after the grave instantly by resurrection from the dead.

It's an imperfect covenant in this life pertaining to sinning. God must fulfill His promise to give everlasting life, so long as we believe His gospel hope, but repenting and doing good remains on our own time table, not God's. The covenant demands God immediately give full everlasting life forever now, while man is duty bound only to do more good now than evil, and it's up to the believer to decide how much and when. It's the unclean have your cake and eat it too Christian gospel of having saving faith alone before and apart from gradual repentance of dead works.

Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Since instant repentance is of the mind only by faith, and works are only gradual in time, then the Christian believer now hates iniquity as a sinful offense against God, rather than pursuing sins as pleasure in life. With God however, His word is what is done, not just agreed with. When God says a man loves righteousness and hates iniquity, it's because the man is doing righteousness and not committing iniquity.

This is why sinful Christians trusting in their faith alone to be saved, justified with God, and have enteral life forever, can try to honestly say they do hate sinning, while sinning. Their gospel and Christ only takes all the fun out of sinning, while Jesus' Christ's gospel is the promise to take away all the sinning.

This is the fundamental difference between the Christian gospel of beleiving first, with repentance and works gradually following, and the gospel of Jesus Christ with repenting and being saved through faith. God says repent and believe His gospel, while some Christians say believe the gospel and then repent. Gradually.

That is why some Christians believe from the Bible, that without full repentance of all dead works, faith alone cannot save us. While some Christians believe faith alone without works saves us, with some repentance in life following.

The Bible gospel of repent and believe says, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

The Christian gospel of believe and then repent some says, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the fun of the world.

And this is exactly how the world of unbelievers conceives Bible repentance. As Paul even acknowledges, without the resurrection unto life, we that have repented of all sinning, are of all men most miserable. It's not because full repentance is miserable in itself, but because without Christ rising from the dead, we do not have His Spirit dwelling richly within us by faith with full repentance of dead works.

Last edited:

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
It's pretty clear that belief is 1st
I can only repeat the Bible. The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

If you want to change the Bible around and say believe the gospel 'first', and 'then' repent, then that is your choice.
Romans 10

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
I can see here how some Christians would try to say this passage teaches having saving faith 'first' before repentance, which is the same as having faith first before works. But that is only by first not believing the gospel of repent and believe, as well as not believing the gospel of being justified by works and not only by faith first.

Romans 10 is not saying that only those believing the gospel have the word sown in their hearts by hearing, so that they are the only ones saved by hearing. The parable of the Sower shows that the word is sown in the hearts of all hearers indiscriminately (Mark 4:15). The ground that the Sower sows His seed in, is any heart of any hearer of His word.

The gospel of Jesus Christ preaches that only those hearing and doing the word are saved and justified by the faith freely sown in their hearts by hearing alone.

And that word of faith is repent and believe. Only those repenting and believing the word of truth are obeying Jesus' gospel, not those trusting in believing first and then repenting gradually down the road.

God's repentance in the Bible never follows saving faith, and only in part. Bible repentance is at once whole and complete. Just as the Son's sacrifice was at once whole and complete. Biblically taking up our cross is just as complete in repentance, as Jesus' death was on His cross.

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can only repeat the Bible. The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

If you want to change the Bible around and say believe the gospel 'first', and 'then' repent, then that is your choice.

I can see here how some Christians would try to say this passage teaches having saving faith 'first' before repentance, which is the same as having faith first before works. But that is only by first not believing the gospel of repent and believe, as well as not believing the gospel of being justified by works and not only by faith first.

Romans 10 is not saying that only those believing the gospel have the word sown in their hearts by hearing, so that they are the only ones saved by hearing. The parable of the Sower shows that the word is sown in the hearts of all hearers indiscriminately (Mark 4:15). The ground that the Sower sows His seed in, is any heart of any hearer of His word.

The gospel of Jesus Christ preaches that only those hearing and doing the word are saved and justified by the faith freely sown in their hearts by hearing alone.

And that word of faith is repent and believe. Only those repenting and believing the word of truth are obeying Jesus' gospel, not those trusting in believing first and then repenting gradually down the road.

God's repentance in the Bible never follows saving faith, and only in part. Bible repentance is at once whole and complete. Just as the Son's sacrifice was at once whole and complete. Biblically taking up our cross is just as complete in repentance, as Jesus' death was on His cross.
Exactly what I did. The bible doesn't contradict itself so scripture must agree with scripture.

Did the Ethiopian eunuch repent or believe 1st? Repentance is not mentioned, but he was preached to, he believed which he was told he could be baptized if he believed, he confirmed or confessedvhis belief, he was baptized.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
The Bible says to repent and believe the gospel. This means we cannot possibly believe and obey the gospel from the heart, until we first repent of dead works from the heart.

Jesus calls upon us to repent first, when commanding we wash the inside of our platter first, that our outside living may also be clean.

This is confirmed even more explicitly about how repenting is unto salvation.

For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of.

The verse here from 2 Cor 7 is to repent to be saved by faith in Jesus Christ.

The gospel blessing by faith does not begin, until the commandment to all men to repent is obeyed.

If we are not repenting of dead works, then God is not saving us by His word of faith, that is sown in our hearts by hearing.

The gospel of salvation and confession unto repentance is the opposite of that of Jesus Christ in the Bible, who commands all hearers to repent and believe unto salvation.

Believing first to be saved first, then go on unto repentance is the Christian recipe for the gospel of partial repentance at best, with only sinning less unto the graves. It's not the perfect conversion of Jesus Christ, where we repent unto faith and salvation with the holy and blameless living worthy of repentance.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think there is some confusion between the NT idea of repentance compared to the OT. Those steeped in Law tend to think of acts, and repentance is to stop doing those bad acts.

However, the NT idea if repentance, metanoia, is about a changed mind. That change is from "Me" to "Jesus". From, "I'm OK" to "I trust in Jesus". OT repentance is to stop doing the sin. NT repentance is to repudiate the one who is doing the sin.

This is, I think, a good, clear statement:

"We have a change of heart resulting in a change of behavior."

And this,

"I think Acts 3 shows it well - Peter caused them to believe with his preaching and then in verse 19 he said "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out" on judgment day (saved)."

I think that's a great example!

We believe, what should we do? Repent. Absolutely!

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Not so.

Repentance is because you believe. If you do not believe, then what are you doing?

Much love!

Reactions: mailmandan

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This means we cannot possibly believe and obey the gospel from the heart, until we first repent of dead works from the heart.
If you don't believe, why would you do anything? This seems to me a nonsensical statement.

Romans 10:8-11 KJV
8) But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
9) That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10) For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11) For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV
1) Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
2) By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
3) For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4) And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith and confession first results in instant repentance of the mind only, followed with gradual repentance of sinful works. Their covenant agreement is based entirely on believing the gospel for salvation and justification with God. Repenting and doing works are secondary and never wholly complete.
What does it mean to you to be "reborn"? Born again? Born from above? What is that? What happens?

Much love!

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Exactly what I did.
I did and do continue to quote the Bible. What you are doing is quoting from another Christian gospel of believing first unto repentance. It's the exact opposite of the Bible, that says to repent and believe the gospel.

For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of:

We see here where repentance is first necessary unto salvation by faith. If we are not repented from the heart from all sinning, then it is impossible to have Jesus' faith from the heart unto His righteousness. Only repenting and believing unto righteousness is unto salvation of God by Jesus Christ. (Romans 10:9-10)
Did the Ethiopian eunuch repent or believe 1st? Repentance is not mentioned, but he was preached to, he believed which he was told he could be baptized if he believed, he confirmed or confessedvhis belief, he was baptized.
And so now we see where every other verse in the Bible about repent and believe, will be argued from opposite sides. I will read them with the Bible words repent and believe. You read them with your own words of believe first unto repentance.

Since the Bible teaches repent and believe the gospel unto salvation, then we know the eunuch did repent with the heart, and thus believe unto salvation.

This is where Jesus and Paul both teach repenting first inwardly of lust for the world, and so cleanse first within the platter from all filthiness, before also repenting of all outward filthy works. (Matthew 23:26) (2 Cor 7:1) Dead works to be repented of are first spiritual and then physical.

It's an error among some Christians to think with a natural mind, and believe outward works are the only works we do. Therefore the teaching of the Bible to repent of the inward works first is not accounted for in repenting and believing unto salvation. Jesus calls them the first works of our first love. (Rev 2)

Because you are not first believing the Bible to repent and believe, you now show a natural mind that does not see the necessary first works of repentance. The first error is simple unbelief in the words of the Bible. The following error is being blind to the spiritual teaching of the Bible pertaining to repentance and works.

Because the Bible does not speak here of what the Bible teaches is necessary unto salvation elsewhere, with the natural mind you say it does not exist. God saw the work of repentance by faith inwardly first, even as He did with the publican, so that Jesus justified him by repenting of his sinful life from before.

Last edited:

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
What does it mean to you to be "reborn"? Born again? Born from above? What is that? What happens?
To me, or the Bible?

Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

The Bible pure and perfect newborn conversion of Jesus Christ, is with all the old past life now forgiven and passed away. All things of heart and life are now new, and all of God. Nothing of the devil is now in any newborn babe in Christ Jesus, not in our heart, soul, nor body.

Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.

As was Jesus as a Bible and child on earth, so now is anyone that repent and believes His gospel with the heart unto righteousness.

And so, even as the Bible preaches repentance unto faith and unto salvation, so it is not possible for God to cleanse all the soul, spirit, and life blameless in Christ Jesus.

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did and do continue to quote the Bible. What you are doing is quoting from another Christian gospel of believing first unto repentance. It's the exact opposite of the z says to repent and believe the gospel.

For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of:

We see here where repentance is first necessary unto salvation by faith. If we are not repented from the heart from all sinning, then it is impossible to have Jesus' faith from the heart unto His righteousness. Only repenting and believing unto righteousness is unto salvation of God by Jesus Christ. (Romans 10:9-10)

And so now we see where every other verse in the Bible about repent and believe, will be argued from opposite sides. I will read them with the Bible words repent and believe. You read them with your own words of believe first unto repentance.

Since the Bible teaches repent and believe the gospel unto salvation, then we know the eunuch did repent with the heart, and thus believe unto salvation.

This is where Jesus and Paul both teach repenting first inwardly of lust for the world, and so cleanse first within the platter from all filthiness, before also repenting of all outward filthy works. (Matthew 23:26) (2 Cor 7:1) Dead works to be repented of are first spiritual and then physical.

It's an error among some Christians to think with a natural mind, and believe outward works are the only works we do. Therefore the teaching of the Bible to repent of the inward works first is not accounted for in repenting and believing unto salvation. Jesus calls them the first works of our first love. (Rev 2)

Because you are not first believing the Bible to repent and believe, you now show a natural mind that does not see the necessary first works of repentance. The first error is simple unbelief in the words of the Bible. The following error is being blind to the spiritual teaching of the Bible pertaining to repentance and works.

Because the Bible does not speak here of what the Bible teaches is necessary unto salvation elsewhere, with the natural mind you say it does not exist. God saw the work of repentance by faith inwardly first, even as He did with the publican, so that Jesus justified him by repenting of his sinful life from before.
There is no other Christian gospel. And scripture doesn't contradict scripture. You quoted a scripture that says repentance is 1st. I quoted one that says belief is 1st. Is one right and the other wrong? Can't be. So, how are they then both right? They are and have to both be right. When you hear the gospel preached to you, you realize you're in sin but at the same time you're also believing in Jesus Christ and his ability to save you from sin, you're repentant and believing at the same time, you then confess your belief as the eunuch did, and are subsequently baptized. What is difficult about that? This harmonizes the scriptures. This is obviously what the Jews experienced and did on the day of Pentecost in Acts 2:38. Your continued repentance is an ongoing, life long process with periodic confession of sin (not confessipn of belief as at first) along your life's journey. You very obviously must believe in Jesus 1st or you'll do nothing. If you don’t brlieve that you've sinned to begin with due to your carnal nature and unbelief, how can you or why would you repent? Makes no sense; so they both must go hand-in-hand. Believing, and your realization of sin and initial sorrow or repentance there for leading to baptism, and then a life-long repentance of turning from sin due to a change of heart and mind. Yes, godly sorrow (or initial repentance) leads to baptism and salvation.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
However, the NT idea if repentance, metanoia, is about a changed mind. That change is from "Me" to "Jesus". From, "I'm OK" to "I trust in Jesus". OT repentance is to stop doing the sin. NT repentance is to repudiate the one who is doing the sin.

This is the fundamental thinking of the Christian gospel of having faith alone without works.

While it is true, that believing the gospel means changing our mind about the nature of sinning, that it is of the devil and against God. It also teaches the hypocrisy of Christians, that think so long as they acknowledge sinning if bad and not good, then we are not judged and condemned for sinning like the world.

We do the same deeds, but because we know it is not good, we are not condemned for it like others still believing it is good.

Rather than being excused from judgment of doing the same things, we are condemned more than the unbelievers, who know not that it is against God, as we now do.

Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

Such a Christian doctrine of mental change only about the nature of sin, then go on to teach the opposite of the Bible, that we are somehow less sinful than others, because we now know sinning is bad.

The idea of God only commanding OT believers to repent of their deeds, but not NT believers, teaches that by the law of Moses, the OT saints were more righteous than them in Christ Jesus.

He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Last edited:

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic

Yes so. That's a quote from Jesus Himself.

And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Repentance is because you believe.
That's your own Christian doctrine, not the Bible's.

If you do not believe, then what are you doing?
You are repenting to believe, according to the Bible. Jesus is not the first man to ever speak of repenting. All the world knows what repenting is.

Except some Christians who think repenting is of the mind only about the nature of doing evil. The world has more integrity than that pseudo-spirit Christian religion. Such stuff it only taught by Christians that do not believe all the words of the Bible, and instead change some of them around to teach their own Christian gospel.

You are also contradicting your own doctrine of mental repentance only. If you do not first repent of the world's view of sinning, then how can you believe God's, that is of the devil and not just pleasure for a season?

Last edited: