The Great Commandment

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Edward Rose

Apr 17, 2022
COSTA MESA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it simply means to put Him first daily in everything we do. And whatever we do, do it for the Lord.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hope aint got nothing to do with it. Everyone sins everyday. And you couldnt no more stop it than you could breathe underwater.
Dodging a perfectly reasonable question really harms the little credibility you have left here.

Answer the question from post #157.

Which Commandments do we break every single day?

You gotta support your flimsy position with SOMETHING.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dodging a perfectly reasonable question really harms the little credibility you have left here.

Answer the question from post #157.

Which Commandments do we break every single day?

You gotta support your flimsy position with SOMETHING.

we each break one of the 10 commandments daily. Which ones? You should know. I will say this, if you dont know, i question your salvation.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus commanded us to repent. He didn't command us to keep sinning.

very true, but you seem to ignore all scripture that talks about how we will never reach perfection in this life. Most people who realize that they are sinners, do so because they understand their total depravity.
From the WCF Chpt 6 part 4.
“From this original corruption, whereby we are utterly indisposed, disabled, and made opposite to all good, and wholly inclined to all evil, do proceed all actual transgressions.”

you cant stop sinning in this life no matter how in control you feel.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
very true, but you seem to ignore all scripture that talks about how we will never reach perfection in this life. Most people who realize that they are sinners, do so because they understand their total depravity.
“From this original corruption, whereby we are utterly indisposed, disabled, and made opposite to all good, and wholly inclined to all evil, do proceed all actual transgressions.”

So we should do what Jesus told us to do.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sin brings trouble into our lives. I think that's why Jesus told us to repent.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin brings trouble into our lives. I think that's why Jesus told us to repent.
Sin separates us from God.

That's why Jesus told us to repent.

We are all born under a curse, destined for hell or destruction, whichever - due to the fall in the garden in the beginning.

If we are blessed enough for the gospel to reach us and have a lasting impact, we begin to move toward God and salvation.

If we continue to sin, we are working against that movement toward God ... and back to our destiny of spiritual death, hell or destruction.

Sin destroys our possibility of salvation.

There will be no sinners in heaven.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin separates us from God.

That's why Jesus told us to repent.

We are all born under a curse, destined for hell or destruction, whichever - due to the fall in the garden in the beginning.

If we are blessed enough for the gospel to reach us and have a lasting impact, we begin to move toward God and salvation.

If we continue to sin, we are working against that movement toward God ... and back to our destiny of spiritual death, hell or destruction.

I guarantee you, sin brings trouble into your life. If you repent of your sin, you don't have that problem.

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I cannot fathom how anyone can think its easy to not sin. :eek::eek::eek::confused::confused::confused:
Of course it's not easy to avoid sinning because Jesus said that the road to eternal life would be difficult. If a person does not have the Holy Spirit or is not relying on the Holy Spirit to the extent that Jesus did, then it's definitely going to seem like an impossible task. Anything worth having is not going to come easy, and salvation is no different. Jesus said so Himself in Matt. 7:13.

Paul stated in 2 Tim. 2:19 that everyone who claims Christianity are to obligated to strive towards being morally perfect. That was not a request or a suggestion. David came to grips with how much of a bad person he was, which was all the more reason why he begged God to help him do better. What he didn't do was use his sins as an excuse to not try at all.

Reactions: GEN2REV

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guarantee you, sin brings trouble into your life. If you repent of your sin, you don't have that problem.
Yeah, you keep saying.

But you're a master of vaguery.

You won't commit to anything, one way or the other.

Your message is "Don't sin or your life will become inconvenient."

How watered down can you get? Are you a luke-warm Christian Warrior? Don't wanna be too much of a saint and turn anybody off, but don't wanna be too much of a sinner either.

Happy medium = "Don't sin 'cause it's unpleasant." - right?

You won't even commit to admitting what you believe sin is.

Very general, very vague, luke-warm and don't commit to anything. Sounds like you've got modern christianity licked. Congrats!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apparently, in your mind, it makes no difference how many times you're told, by multiple people here, that nobody is talking about Salvation BUT YOU.

Nobody is claiming we must keep the Commandments in order to be saved.

YOU are the ONLY one who keeps returning to that argument. And you know why??

Because you literally have nowhere else to go with this. You've been proven wrong repeatedly and you can't accept it so you just keep going baaaaack to your last failure of an argument.

Give it a rest.

Nah.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apparently, in your mind, it makes no difference how many times you're told, by multiple people here, that nobody is talking about Salvation BUT YOU.

Nobody is claiming we must keep the Commandments in order to be saved.

YOU are the ONLY one who keeps returning to that argument. And you know why??

Because you literally have nowhere else to go with this. You've been proven wrong repeatedly and you can't accept it so you just keep going baaaaack to your last failure of an argument.

Give it a rest.

If you guys are not talking about Salvation , you’d better do a better job making it plain....I’m sure every Newbie that comes in here Believes, like I do , that you are promoting Commandment Keeping for Salvation....only one guy in here has point- blank told me that he is not talking about Salvation In all of these Law-keeping posts that show up here....and I apologized to him if there was a misunderstanding....I still suspect that you and many others are Legalists..........*NEVER* is the Word “Grace” mentioned in your posts.....I can’t help but be suspicious because I have seen many Spreaders of Leaven here over the years......once again, you have my apologies if I am mistaken....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thanks for showing your true colors and letting me know that you are the Legalist that I suspected you to be....your “Doctrine” is as False and as Perverted as it can get....If Sin “destroys our possibility of salvation”.....there will be Nobody Saved....The Adulterer and Murderer David must be burning in Hell as we speak....One of the “ Heroes Of Faith”, Lot, Died drunk in a cave....not even any “ repenting of all of his sins before he died” .....Your CONFUSED and Perverted “ Doctrine” has that Hero in Hell also....

Every person in Heaven will be a Sinner .....if they put their Faith in the Shed Blood Of Jesus Plus Nothing for their Salvation they will be there because they are “REDEEMED “ Sinners.....

If you believe in “ Sinless Perfection” you are living in a “Fool’s Paradise” .....no wonder you never talk about the Grace of God that actually saves a person....you think you don’t need it...when you stand before a Perfect, Holy God some day,and see yourself as the Worm That you are when compared to an actual God that * IS* Perfect —— That will be the time that you will be screaming for it.....it might be too late then....

Newbies out there? Don’t fall for this Unbiblical Hog - Wash of “Sinless Perfection” while you live in a Body Of Flesh......We will know Perfection, “Over There” when we get our New Bodies and not one second before.....Meanwhile, if you have the brains and the self- insight to understand that nobody can be perfect in this lifetime and that is why we need a Savior .....TURN ( Repent) to that Savior and put your Total Faith in His Shed Blood to cover all of your sins ....that Faith in Jesus —- the One that IMPUTES His Perfection upon you for your simple Trust in Him ....THAT is the elixir for Sin and the means of Salvation...

Gen2 May deny that he is linking keeping the Law with Salvation....give some people enough rope and they will hang themselves.....he hung himself by his own words.....he “Back-Loads” Commandment Keeping for Salvation .....he’s too subtle to admit it up front....he “ knows” that won’t fly ....His sly Back- Loading ain’t gonna fly either ....”You don’t get Saved by keeping the Law but if you don’t keep the Law you can’t be Saved”.....its the Epitome Of Bible Ignorance....

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, you keep saying.

But you're a master of vaguery.

You won't commit to anything, one way or the other.

Your message is "Don't sin or your life will become inconvenient."

How watered down can you get? Are you a luke-warm Christian Warrior? Don't wanna be too much of a saint and turn anybody off, but don't wanna be too much of a sinner either.

Happy medium = "Don't sin 'cause it's unpleasant." - right?

You won't even commit to admitting what you believe sin is.

Very general, very vague, luke-warm and don't commit to anything. Sounds like you've got modern christianity licked. Congrats!
Rather than "master of vaguery," how about "master of simplicity"? What could be more simple?: Don't sin.

I didn't say "easy." I said "simple."

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
*NEVER* is the Word “Grace” mentioned in your posts.....
That's because Hyper-Grace is epidemic on these Christian forums.

God expects things of us. It is all throughout Scripture.

He expects us to do our part. That's what covenant means; it's an agreed-upon DEAL. It's a contract.

God will do His miraculous, amazing, unbelievable part ... IF we simply continue to do ours.

Therefore, because so many push Hyper-Grace, the idea that God does it all and absolutely nothing is expected of us whatsoever as followers of Christ, I don't ever mention Grace because there is a whole other side to salvation that nobody ever hears about on here.

The Holy Spirit enables, empowers, us to obey, but we still must obey. It must be a decision on our part to do so. That is NOT works salvation, and it's not saving ourselves sheerly by obeying Commandments.

It is a collaboration between man and God. Yes, He does the most crucial part, and Jesus' sacrifice can never be equaled in significance, but we STILL must do our part.

So grace is well-covered while our responsibilities as Christians go almost entirely unmentioned.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
”You don’t get Saved by keeping the Law but if you don’t keep the Law you can’t be Saved”.....its the Epitome Of Bible Ignorance....
On the contrary, it is exactly what the Bible teaches, from cover to cover.

If you are not striving daily to work all sin out of your life, you cannot be saved because that means you are living in habitual, accepted, embraced, sin.

Proud to say it. May God judge my words - since it's exactly what His Word teaches.