The Great Commission

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 28
18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Jesus instruct His disciples to "teach all nations, baptizing them . . ."

Nations? Not people?

That Gospel of the Kingdom . . . Israel to be the head of nations, and a light to the gentiles, drawing the Gentiles into Israel, to share in Israel's covenant with God. At least, until Israel's final rejection of Jesus their Messiah, when the Gospel would then circumvent Israel, going directly to the gentiles.

Sending out His Apostles to convert the nations to the new covenant of Israel.

Much love!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Marks, it seems that you have started a new topic on the same topic that we had been conversing about.

The Greek word, based on the Greek Root Word G:1484, is ἔθνη, which has been translated many ways, but I suspect that the right way to translate this word in the following verses in: - Matthew 21:43, Acts 10:35, 24:2, 24:10, 26:4, Romans 10:19, 10:19 could have been expressed also as "people" or "people group," which could also be paraphrased as "nation."

Mark, God wants us to go to all people with the Gospel, whether they are a person, people group, nation, kingdom or empire.

God is not differentiating between the people that He wants us to reach.

However, it seems that you also want to introduce replacement theology into the conversation in this thread.

Shalom

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 28
18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Nations? Not people?

That Gospel of the Kingdom . . . Israel to be the head of nations, and a light to the gentiles, drawing the Gentiles into Israel, to share in Israel's covenant with God. At least, until Israel's final rejection of Jesus their Messiah, when the Gospel would then circumvent Israel, going directly to the gentiles.

Much love!

Nations here is "ethnos" which mean all types of peoples.

The gospel of the Kingdom is not a gospel of salvation in the end times.

Matthew 24:14
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

It is a testimony and warning of the soon return of Jesus. By teh last days of the end times people will have the mark who are unsaved and have no chance to be saved. So this gospel of the kingdom is a testimony against them.

The goispel of the kingdom that was preached prior to Israel committing the unpardonable sin in MAtt. 12 was to announce to the nation of Israel there long awaited kingdom had arrived!

Reactions: marks

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 28

Nations? Not people?

Much love!

Also the gospel of the kingdom is not the gospel of salvation which is to trust in teh death and resurrection of Jesus for you rsins. This is the gospel the church preaches.

also the great commission is not about soul winning but disciple making. The first step in making a disciple is to make sure they received Christ.

Reactions: marks