• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@quietthinker , nothing about evolution contradicts the Bible, unless your view of the Bible is "everything is completely literal, 6 days pop-out-of-no-where-there's-a-bird",

Evolution is about the scientific *how* something occurred. Faith is about the *why* and majesty of Him. Us understanding the tiniest tiniest fraction of how God works His wonders doesn't make them any less miraculous.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@quietthinker , nothing about evolution contradicts the Bible, unless your view of the Bible is "everything is completely literal, 6 days pop-out-of-no-where-there's-a-bird",

Evolution is about the scientific *how* something occurred. Faith is about the *why* and majesty of Him. Us understanding the tiniest tiniest fraction of how God works His wonders doesn't make them any less miraculous.
Jane, I do believe in the literal six day creation. The scripture underpins that by saying the 'evening and the morning' were the 1st day, 2nd day and so on.
God spoke and it was....yes, 'pop-out-of-nowhere-there's-a-bird' .....just like when Jesus made the paralysed walk, the blind see or the dead raised. His spoken word has power beyond anything we are familiar with.

Man's imagination brings God down to man's level and and then controls him. The Jews were so intent on this their rage had him killed, the author of life.
Jesus say's regarding his life 'I have power to lay it down and power to take it up'

Reactions: Joseph77

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jane, I do believe in the literal six day creation. The scripture underpins that by saying the 'evening and the morning' were the 1st day, 2nd day and so on.
God spoke and it was....yes, 'pop-out-of-nowhere-there's-a-bird' .....just like when Jesus made the paralysed walk, the blind see or the dead raised. His spoken word has power beyond anything we are familiar with.

Man's imagination brings God down to man's level and and then controls him. The Jews were so intent on this their rage had him killed, the author of life.
Jesus say's regarding his life 'I have power to lay it down and power to take it up'
I acknowledge and respect your beliefs there.

I don't remotely agree with them, but again I acknowledge & respect them.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When a child is told the TRUTH FIRST, he has a good chance to not believe what is false later.

When a child is told deception first, he might not recognize the truth later.

"Raise a child in the way he should go, and when he is older he will not depart far from it"