The great fundamentalist lie!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What of the Orthodox? Who have seniority over the Catholic Church?

seniority? Peter and his successors have the keys jurisdictional authority

they reject the church and it’s teaching
Do they reject Christ and are outside the church schismatics

Psalm51

Jun 23, 2021
the USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The great fundamentalist lie!
Masquerading as truth!

Saul
Pride
Hatered for Christ and Christians
Heretic
Fundamentalist

Paul
Humble
Saint
Faithful Christian
Love of Christ and Christians

Saul thought he was doing the will of God and acting righteously

Acts 9:1 And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,

2 And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.

3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:

4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

13 Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem:

Then the risen Christ appeared!
The blinding light of truth prevailed!

So be it with all those who sit in the error of rigorous puritanical fundamentalism!

Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct that his works are done in the meekness of wisdom. But if you have bitter envy and self-seeking in your hearts, do not boast and lie against the truth. This wisdom does not descend from above, but is earthly, sensual, demonic. For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there. But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy. Now the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.

(James 3:13-18)

If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.

(Galatians 5:25-26)

Reactions: rockytopva

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd. - John 10:16

And other sheep I have… Orthodox, Catholic, Protestant, Methodist, etc…
Which are not of this fold… Jewish
One fold - Christianity
One shepherd- Christ Jesus

The purpose of Revelation was to reveal what was going to come to pass.... The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John.... - Revelation 1:1

The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches. Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks; - Revelation 1:20 - Revelation 2:1

Ephesus - Messianic - Beginning with the Apostle to the Circumcision, Peter
Smyrna - Martyr - Beginning with the Apostle to the Un-Circumcision, Paul
Pergamos - Orthodoxy formed in this time... Pergos is a tower... Needed in the dark ages
Thyatira - Catholicism formed in this time - The spirit of Jezebel is to control and to dominate.
Sardis - Protestantism formed in this time- A sardius is a gem - elegant yet hard and rigid
Philadelphia - Wesleyism formed in this time - To be sanctioned is to acquire it with love.
Laodicea - Charismatic movement formed in this time - Beginning with DL Moody, the first to make money off of ministry

Candlesticks - Seven church congregations
Stars - Individuals within the congregations, all held in the right hand of Christ
Seals - The seven seals sealed each congregation within the lambs book of life

And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon. - Revelation 5:4

If this interpretation is not correct why all the ado?

254811_e2605e7ea7d44a55b55ec8f9edea64a9.png

If any of these churches were perfect they would lose their perfection once I walked through the door. I consider myself Pentecostal Holiness, which I believe Philadelphian, however…

Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out… - Revelation 3:12

Which is a big dis-advantage to the Wesleyan-Holiness movement… We are easily out of revival. And not as steadfast as the Sardisean. And I would hate the saying… The only difference between the Sardisean and Philadelphian is that the Sardisean does not believe in backsliding but the Philadelphian practice it!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct that his works are done in the meekness of wisdom. But if you have bitter envy and self-seeking in your hearts, do not boast and lie against the truth. This wisdom does not descend from above, but is earthly, sensual, demonic. For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there. But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy. Now the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.

(James 3:13-18)

If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.

(Galatians 5:25-26)

no point

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To the uttermost but not by saying so “faith alone” not until we suffer with him in grace unto the end matt 24:13 Phil 1:29

Luke 9:23
And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

Hebrews 12:4
Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To the uttermost but not by saying so “faith alone” not until we suffer with him in grace unto the end matt 24:13 Phil 1:29

Luke 9:23
And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

Hebrews 12:4
Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.
Why are not the American Catholic priests doing that then? We have a beautiful Catholic Church here in Blacksburg and no American priests to lead it! They have got a Nigerian who the people can barely understand! Can’t trust the American priests over pedophilia! Nobody is destroying the Catholic Church quicker than the American Catholic priest!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are not the American Catholic priests doing that then? We have a beautiful Catholic Church here in Blacksburg and no American priests to lead it! They have got a Nigerian who the people can barely understand! Can’t trust the American priests over pedophilia! Nobody is destroying the Catholic Church quicker than the American Catholic priest!

fallen human nature

there has been a healthy backlash of sorts many good decent men entering in to the priesthood to be holy men of God

but the communists and homo’s have been atttge church from within for almost 100 yrs

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
fallen human nature

there has been a healthy backlash of sorts many good decent men entering in to the priesthood to be holy men of God

but the communists and homo’s have been atttge church from within for almost 100 yrs
As a Pentecostal Holiness I believe in saved, sanctified, and filled with the Holy Ghost! A man truly filled with the Holy Spirit will abhour those caught up in such activity!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would it help if they were to allow the Catholic church clergy to marry?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a Pentecostal Holiness I believe in saved, sanctified, and filled with the Holy Ghost! A man truly filled with the Holy Spirit will abhour those caught up in such activity!
As we all should

but they are sinners and have free will