The Great I AM !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Those who try to dodge or deny the truth are judicially blinded. There is not a single English translation (the NWT may be the only exception) which has "I will be whom I will be". They all say "I AM THAT (or WHO) I AM" and then include "I AM". "I AM" is the personal name of Jesus and God. In Exodus 3 it is Jesus (before His incarnation) speaking to Moses as the Angel of the LORD at the burning bush. JESUS IS GOD. THE GOD OF ABRAHAM, ISAAC, AND JACOB.

New International Version
God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.'"

New Living Translation
God replied to Moses, "I Am Who I Am. Say this to the people of Israel: I Am has sent me to you."

English Standard Version
God said to Moses, “ I AM WHO I AM.” And he said, “Say this to the people of Israel: ‘ I AM has sent me to you.’”

Berean Study Bible
God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’ ”

New American Standard Bible
God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM"; and He said, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"

King James Bible
And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
God replied to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: I AM has sent me to you."

International Standard Version
God replied to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM," and then said, "Tell the Israelis: 'I AM sent me to you.'"

NET Bible
God said to Moses, "I am that I am." And he said, "You must say this to the Israelites, 'I am has sent me to you.'"

GOD'S WORD® Translation
God answered Moses, "I Am Who I Am. This is what you must say to the people of Israel: 'I Am has sent me to you.'"

Jubilee Bible 2000
And God answered unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM. And he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the sons of Israel: I AM (YHWH) has sent me unto you.

King James 2000 Bible
And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shall you say unto the children of Israel, I AM has sent me unto you.

American King James Version
And God said to Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shall you say to the children of Israel, I AM has sent me to you.

American Standard Version
And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

Douay-Rheims Bible
God said to Moses: I AM WHO AM. He said: Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel: HE WHO IS, hath sent me to you.

Darby Bible Translation
And God said to Moses, I AM THAT I AM. And he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel: I AM hath sent me unto you.

English Revised Version

Webster's Bible Translation
And God said to Moses, I AM THAT I AM: And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me to you.

World English Bible
God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM," and he said, "You shall tell the children of Israel this: 'I AM has sent me to you.'"

Young's Literal Translation
And God saith unto Moses, 'I AM THAT WHICH I AM;' He saith also, 'Thus dost thou say to the sons of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.'
Enoch, I have no problem with the "I am" title as I have no issue with Jesus using it. If you are an honest Bible student you would acknowledge your complex trinity formula is not in the "I am" name. You know the meaning of His name and how it relates to His Holy Angels and His Beloved Saints in waiting...Jesus being the firstborn and the first fruits of them that sleep.

F2F

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Enoch, I have no problem with the "I am" title as I have no issue with Jesus using it. If you are an honest Bible student you would acknowledge your complex trinity formula is not in the "I am" name. You know the meaning of His name and how it relates to His Holy Angels and His Beloved Saints in waiting...Jesus being the firstborn and the first fruits of them that sleep.

F2F
Don't understand how anyone can miss Christ so badly as to His person. Christ also made the worlds with the Father, so then the universe.

Hebrews 1
1 God, who [a]at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, 2 has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the [b]worlds; 3 who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had [c]by Himself [d]purged [e]our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, 4 having become so much better than the angels, as He has by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Don't understand how anyone can miss Christ so badly as to His person. Christ also made the worlds with the Father, so then the universe.

Hebrews 1
1 God, who [a]at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, 2 has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the [b]worlds; 3 who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had [c]by Himself [d]purged [e]our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, 4 having become so much better than the angels, as He has by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
Interesting how the Apostle makes the point of how Christ is more excellent than the angels, something which would never be in question if speaking of Yahweh! Actually the whole premise of Hebrews is to proving Jesus Christ as being worthy of his name and the exalted position a made mute, if he is known to be God and was always God....of course this foreign knowledge is a corrupt import and never taught by the authentic Apostles.

Yahweh's plan for this creation is clearly carried out with the existence of His Son in mind, such is the wonder of this age. God appointed Jesus before the world were made - but made all things with the Son in mind...wow take that step further when Paul wrote in Romans 8

For those (Scott) God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son (Whom he foreknew also!), that he (Jesus) might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. 30 And those (Scott) he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

Now Christ is no more God than you are! We are not Christ! However, both you and Christ foreknown and predestined. Was Jesus justified? Was Jesus glorified? Was he the firstborn? Was he the first fruits of a spiritual creation?

Yes!

And by Whose Power was Christ given life? Overcame sin's flesh and sat down at the right hand of his Father on High?

Yahweh the one true God.

F2F

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Interesting how the Apostle makes the point of how Christ is more excellent than the angels, something which would never be in question if speaking of Yahweh! Actually the whole premise of Hebrews is to proving Jesus Christ as being worthy of his name and the exalted position a made mute, if he is known to be God and was always God....of course this foreign knowledge is a corrupt import and never taught by the authentic Apostles.

Yahweh's plan for this creation is clearly carried out with the existence of His Son in mind, such is the wonder of this age. God appointed Jesus before the world were made - but made all things with the Son in mind...wow take that step further when Paul wrote in Romans 8

For those (Scott) God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son (Whom he foreknew also!), that he (Jesus) might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. 30 And those (Scott) he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

Now Christ is no more God than you are! We are not Christ! However, both you and Christ foreknown and predestined. Was Jesus justified? Was Jesus glorified? Was he the firstborn? Was he the first fruits of a spiritual creation?

Yes!

And by Whose Power was Christ given life? Overcame sin's flesh and sat down at the right hand of his Father on High?

Yahweh the one true God.

F2F
Not a mute point about confirming the excellency of Christ and God as being one, that is part of teaching hebrew Jewish people about Christ to whom the letter was written. You cannot ignore the scriptures confirming Christ and the Father as one, which Christ also said and also that Christ had glory with the Father before the creation.

Christ it is said, emptied himself and become like a man when He left God's side in heaven.
Christ also said He was from above, and people were from below, which also distinguishes His origin,
He says He came from the Father and descended to the earth, and that He was going back to the Father in heaven

All these verse and more should teach you Jesus was more than a man.

Philippians 2
5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it [b]robbery to be equal with God, 7 but [c]made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. 9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

John 8:22-24

22 So the Jews said, “Will He kill Himself, because He says, ‘Where I go you cannot come’?”
23 And He said to them, “You are from beneath; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world.
24 Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.”

John 8:42
Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me.

John 16:27
for the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me, and have believed that I came forth from God.
John 16:30
Now we are sure that You know all things, and have no need that anyone should question You. By this we believe that You came forth from God.”
John 14:28
You have heard Me say to you, ‘I am going away and coming back to you.’ If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said, ‘I am going to the Father,’ for My Father is greater than I.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Amen! Jesus is God the Creator!

Col 1 By Jesus all things were created!
Well yes, He is.
God created all things through Christ.
The both of them together.

And Christ upholds all things by the word of His power.

God, who [a]at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, 2 has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the [b]worlds; 3 who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had [c]by Himself [d]purged [e]our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, 4 having become so much better than the angels, as He has by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not a mute point about confirming the excellency of Christ and God as being one, that is part of teaching hebrew Jewish people about Christ to whom the letter was written. You cannot ignore the scriptures confirming Christ and the Father as one, which Christ also said and also that Christ had glory with the Father before the creation.

Christ it is said, emptied himself and become like a man when He left God's side in heaven.
Christ also said He was from above, and people were from below, which also distinguishes His origin,
He says He came from the Father and descended to the earth, and that He was going back to the Father in heaven

All these verse and more should teach you Jesus was more than a man.

Philippians 2
5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it [b]robbery to be equal with God, 7 but [c]made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. 9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

John 8:22-24

22 So the Jews said, “Will He kill Himself, because He says, ‘Where I go you cannot come’?”
23 And He said to them, “You are from beneath; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world.
24 Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.”

John 8:42
Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me.

John 16:27
for the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me, and have believed that I came forth from God.
John 16:30
Now we are sure that You know all things, and have no need that anyone should question You. By this we believe that You came forth from God.”
John 14:28
You have heard Me say to you, ‘I am going away and coming back to you.’ If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said, ‘I am going to the Father,’ for My Father is greater than I.
One in Logos yes but not in being or person.
No pre-existence of Christ
Remove trinitarian dogma and you will find truth eventually.
F2F

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
One in Logos yes but not in being or person.
F2F
No preexistence of Christ is your doctrine from your church teaching, not Christ's truth.

John 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify Me together [b]with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

That verse proves Christ preexisted the creation, was with God in the beginning.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just a fair warning = discussions on the Christian Board about "trinity vs
anti-trinitarian" issues are all being "LOCKED Up" ie:

1670539905883.png

1670539929681.png

Just sayin'...

Last edited:

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God the Father is great!
God the Son Jesus is great!
God the Holy Spirit is great!

As far as the personal pronouns I prefer to remain this guy…

For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the Lord: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word. - Isaiah 66:2

Hopefully that is always the case!

• Love
Reactions: GRACE ambassador

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Been a long time since I have heard the Doxology sung in church!

Praise God from whom all blessings flow
Praise Him, all creatures here below
Praise Him above the Heavenly host
Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Just a fair warning = discussions on the Christian Board about "trinity vs
anti-trinitarian" issues are all being "LOCKED Up" ie:

View attachment 27580

View attachment 27581

Just sayin'...
I think the forum needs to take a stand on some truths that are pretty plainly written down in scripture like How Christ made all the worlds and upholds them by the word of His power. These opponents deny the divinity of Christ, which is also a very fundamental truth.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No preexistence of Christ is your doctrine from your church teaching, not Christ's truth.

John 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify Me together [b]with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

That verse proves Christ preexisted the creation, was with God in the beginning.
No it proves the glory he now has is the same glory which God had from before the World was. I noticed you hav'nt tried to force truine dogma into this verse...well done!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If God isn't your Savior you don't have a Savior.

Isaiah 43
11 I, even I, am the LORD, And besides Me there is no savior.

Jesus is God, my Savior!

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God the Father is great!
God the Son Jesus is great!
God the Holy Spirit is great!

As far as the personal pronouns I prefer to remain this guy…

For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the Lord: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word. - Isaiah 66:2

Hopefully that is always the case!
Love Isaiah 66:2 - and He did look to that "man" who is the Son of Man & the Son of God....this is as far as Scripture allows I'm afraid.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Love Isaiah 66:2 - and He did look to that "man" who is the Son of Man & the Son of God....this is as far as Scripture allows I'm afraid.
Isaiah was right on!

Isaiah 48
12 "Listen to Me, O Jacob, And Israel, My called: I am He, I am the First, I am also the Last.

That's Jesus!

Revelation 2
8 "And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write, 'These things says the First and the Last, who was dead, and came to life:

Amen, that's Jesus! "The Revelation of Jesus Christ"!

9 I know your works, tribulation, and poverty
, and I will give you the crown of life.

13 I know your works,
16 Repent, or else I will come to you quickly and will fight against them with the sword of My mouth.
17 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give some of the hidden manna to eat. And I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written which no one knows except him who receives it." '
18 "And to the angel of the church in Thyatira write, 'These things says the Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and His feet like fine brass:

16 "Come near to Me, hear this: I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; From the time that it was, I was there. And now the Lord GOD and His Spirit Have sent Me."

Amen Jesus! You are "the First and the Last" my Redeemer!

17 Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, The Holy One of Israel: "I am the LORD your God,

Amen Jesus! You are God!

Only Satan's messengers deny that You are God Jesus, trying to steal our Savior!

Isaiah 43

Last edited:

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Isaiah was right on!

Isaiah 48
12 "Listen to Me, O Jacob, And Israel, My called: I am He, I am the First, I am also the Last.

That's Jesus!

Revelation 2
8 "And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write, 'These things says the First and the Last, who was dead, and came to life:

Amen, that's Jesus! "The Revelation of Jesus Christ"!

9 I know your works, tribulation, and poverty
, and I will give you the crown of life.

13 I know your works,
16 Repent, or else I will come to you quickly and will fight against them with the sword of My mouth.
17 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give some of the hidden manna to eat. And I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written which no one knows except him who receives it." '
18 "And to the angel of the church in Thyatira write, 'These things says the Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and His feet like fine brass:

16 "Come near to Me, hear this: I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; From the time that it was, I was there. And now the Lord GOD and His Spirit Have sent Me."

Amen Jesus! You are "the First and the Last" my Redeemer!

17 Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, The Holy One of Israel: "I am the LORD your God,

Amen Jesus! You are God!

Only Satan's messengers deny that You are God Jesus, trying to steal our Savior!

Isaiah 43

And Jesus had a beginning and an end! A birth and a death and NOW he dies no more!
Like us J.
Unlike Yahweh Who has no beginning or end!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And Jesus had a beginning and an end! A birth and a death and NOW he dies no more!
Like us J.
Unlike Yahweh Who has no beginning or end!
No Scripture? Of course not! I gave plenty. I have lots more. You almost totally ignored Isaiah! And Revelation! Did you by any chance spend a few years in Kingdom Hall?

Status
Not open for further replies.