The Healthiest Place!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
shutterstock_248472820.jpg

11. They Use Healthier Condiments

Some of the most popular condiments in countries like the United States are ranch, mayo, ketchup, and cheese-based sauces. These are full of fat and sometimes even sugar, adding extra calories to foods that might not have been so healthy to begin with. In Israel, the condiments are full of ingredients that are good for you. In addition to adding flavor to food, Israeli condiments add nutritional value. Some of the most popular condiments in Israel include:

• Labneh– Labneh is a creamy, white spread that is made from the whey leftover when Greek yogurt is strained. The result is a thick, yummy mixture that tastes great spread on pita bread with meats or roasted vegetables, as a dipping sauce with falafel balls, or spread on other bread products. Labneh is rich in probiotics and high in calcium, even though it is easy to digest by people who have lactose intolerance.
  • Tahini– This paste is made using ground sesame seeds and has a sweet and savory taste. Olive oil is sometimes added for a smoother, richer consistency. Tahini can be stirred into soup, eaten with falafel, drizzled on toast, or even used as a dip with fresh veggies. Sesame seeds have a lot of nutritional value and contain many vitamins, including manganese and calcium.
  • Hummus– Hummus is made by blending chickpeas with tahini, olive oil, lemon, garlic, and sea salt. It can also have other flavors added to it. Hummus is used for almost anything, from spreading on sandwiches to dipping veggies. The main ingredient, chickpeas, are high in fiber, as well as nutrients like calcium, iron, folate, and manganese.

Notes: I haven't tried the others, but Hummus I like. I eat it with celery sometimes, and celery is an excellent inflammatory. It's also good with pita chips and stuff as pictured above, and that includes even our store bought hummus, let alone stuff that's made from scratch.
Is celery good for folks with any kind of arthrtis . I notice you said INFLAMMATORY did you mean ANTI inflamatory .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is celery good for folks with any kind of arthrtis . I notice you said INFLAMMATORY did you mean ANTI inflamatory .

Yeah, sorry. Anti-inflammatory. And one that really works, too. I used to load up on magnesium a lot when my muscles would be killing me, but that didn't always relieve the pain. But to my recollection, every time I consumed significant amounts of celery it always did.

Might be a little different for different people, since everybody has different nutritional needs and all, but that works for me really well, especially when juicing. Celery, carrots, apples and oranges. It's expensive, but when I need pain relief it's great.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, sorry. Anti-inflammatory. And one that really works, too. I used to load up on magnesium a lot when my muscles would be killing me, but that didn't always relieve the pain. But to my recollection, every time I consumed significant amounts of celery it always did.

Might be a little different for different people, since everybody has different nutritional needs and all, but that works for me really well, especially when juicing. Celery, carrots, apples and oranges. It's expensive, but when I need pain relief it's great.
I might try that my friend . I love carrots too . It sounds tasty too that blend . the apple flavor with some fresh slices of oranges .
Did you know that almost eleven years ago i went to the clinic cause i could barely swallow due to a sore throat .
I had accidentally breathed in concrete dust , i guess it messed up the throat .
Anyway while there they told me i had HIGH blood pressure . I was surprised to hear that .
I then said can i lower it through diet and exercise . THEY said NO i need pills . I left
changed my diet . Its been good my friend . Most days its at about one hundred and eighteen over seventy something .
Last time at the doctors office it was One hundred and thirteen over sixty eight . YET THEY SAID I NEEDED PILLS .
YEAH right . I just prayed and eat as the LORD made it . Dropped processed foods
Eat much more vegetables , fish a few times a week . Chicken and lots of berries .
And salads , greens . Guess what else , they did blood work and my hemoglobin level is WONDERFUL .
I asked him what he meant by hemoglobin levels and a five point one . HE said that was for diabets .
I asked him if it was good and he said THAT is excellent . YET even in my twenties i was almost bordeline .
ITS THE DIETS . PLUS PRAYER TO THE LORD . THE DOCTS are too fast to try and put us on every med known to man for anything .
WHEN IN TRUTH , ITS OUR DIETS that are killing us in america .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For years i had no idea how healthy those trees were that grew in my backyard . I let the fruit hit the ground and rot .
THEY were POMEGRANATE TREES . Now they are about all gone . had i known how healthy that fruit was
i would have been chomping on those fruits .

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WHEN IN TRUTH , ITS OUR DIETS that are killing us in america .

Ex-actly. That's why I found the article so interesting from the get Go.

It's also a matter of how much we eat. Some of the healthiest people in the world are Asians, primarily because they eat a plant-based diet built on things like rice and vegetables, and because they generally don't over eat like people in the States do.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will tell my dear sister in the UK about this apple , celery , carrot , orange and how about some blue berries to add to it .
I bet that would taste real good .
I found something out , on accident about six weeks back .
I had just eaten a good serving of blue berries . A while later i noticed suddenly it seemed as though my head got a double
boost of being so clear . So i looked up blue berries . THEY DO wonderful for the brain . THEY can even lift brain fog .
I beleieve it . cause my head went super clear so i then went to look it up . IF we just ate the way the LORD made it .
Yep .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To summarize a healthy diet, it's best to go with the foods mentioned in the bible. And stay away from man modified foods as much as possible. While I'm not against a Mediterranean diet, I think there's some foods that are not in there because they were demonized due to their salt, saturated fats and cholesterol content that cause ridiculous hysteria these days. Kosher meats, prepared properly, are healthy and healing. Same with butter and salt (not the processed salt as that's man modified but something natural). Eggs are very healthy,too. And for grains, fruits and vegetables, there's the 7 fruits of Israel and may I add almonds to that recollecting Aaron's budding rod? I'm always eating them. There's vegetables and herbs such as leeks mentioned, too. So if we eat them, or similar fruits and vegetables, we should be OK. So that's all the food groups: Kosher meats, animal products such as butter and eggs, vegetable protein such as nuts, vegetables, fruits and grains (6 groups in all). None of these ought to be significantly altered by mankind.

That's the "earth" part of our physical bodies. The ancients believed in water, air, and fire. The last 3 are simple. Get plenty of fresh water, preferably with minerals in them as opposed to purified. Plenty of fresh country air despite what governesses may say about wearing a mask out in the open in your own yard when nobody is around. Plenty of fresh air is essential and anything else is imbecilic. Lastly, for the fire, get plenty of sunshine, particularly midday when the solar altitude is above 50 degrees elevation (I'm not talking temperature but angular measure) so that the cholesterol can be made into D3 the vitamin it was meant to be. The bible teaches the healing power of the sun as nature reflects what is in the spiritual realm. We cannot look God in the face and live (just as the sun is too bright to stare into) but we are to walk in the light thereof and healing of the Lord (just as we walk in the daylight). Jesus often referred to walking in the light of the sun as walking in His light and truth.