The Hiding Place.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
In the years since I became a Christian I have had quite a few what I call 'God dreams'; dreams which speak to me or teach me something. I especially liked this one.

In the dream I was sitting in this little cave which was just about big enough for me. At the entrance to the cave between me and the outside world was a fire which never seemed to burn out. It was dark outside the cave and I was aware that there were wolves out there too but that as long as the fire burned between me and them I was completely safe. It doesn’t need much explanation does it? My hiding place in Jesus with the Holy Spirit keeping me safe from the powers of darkness.

It reminded me of the hymn 'Rock of Ages Cleft For me, let me hide myself in thee'. And there are a number of scriptures which talk of God being our refuge or safe place. I think we are apt to forget that the bible tells us that we are IN Christ Jesus. And there is no better place to be.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the years since I became a Christian I have had quite a few what I call 'God dreams'; dreams which speak to me or teach me something. I especially liked this one.

In the dream I was sitting in this little cave which was just about big enough for me. At the entrance to the cave between me and the outside world was a fire which never seemed to burn out. It was dark outside the cave and I was aware that there were wolves out there too but that as long as the fire burned between me and them I was completely safe. It doesn’t need much explanation does it? My hiding place in Jesus with the Holy Spirit keeping me safe from the powers of darkness.

It reminded me of the hymn 'Rock of Ages Cleft For me, let me hide myself in thee'. And there are a number of scriptures which talk of God being our refuge or safe place. I think we are apt to forget that the bible tells us that we are IN Christ Jesus. And there is no better place to be.

That was beautiful. BTW, that safety and protection is what the Hebrew idiom picking up snakes and drinking poison and it will not harm you is about. It is not literal, which would be the sin of presumption.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is literal, honest. The Apostles found out first hand, and wrote about it.
Others found out also, even when not trying to. (Like when Paul was bit by a poison viper and the natives thought he would fall down dead - he just shook it off and continued working) (similar thing happened a few years ago in the jungles of S.America - the doctors watching were astonished! They could not believe it.... but it happens as God says - people get bit by poison snakes and are not harmed.
Others, tempting God- well, may die.
Just do not tempt the Lord God, that would be , well, not so good.

Reactions: amadeus