The Hiding Place

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am just now reading a book (other then the Bible) made for adults. Lol. It is called 'The Story Nobody Wants to Hear." By Michelle Oschner. She pastors at my church, so I am really interested in it. Again, love the username. If I ever am on another forum, I may use it. XD love flower names.

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it is weird to share this with strangers on the internet but i mean. i shared it with a friend last night that this was the first book i read after coming out of the psych ward so it ministered to me

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it is weird to share this with strangers on the internet but i mean. i shared it with a friend last night that this was the first book i read after coming out of the psych ward so it ministered to me

Ill have to check it out...

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Amen! I have old copies of both "The Hiding Place" and its sequel, "Tramp for the Lord". I enjoyed reading and rereading them over the years.

As young Christians in the sixties , we cut our teeth on the many missionary books that help build our faith ( especially as most of them died lol )

“Through the Gates of Splendour , “( South America)

“The triumph of John and Betty Stam. China .

“Green Leaf in Drought “ China ...

And then the Missionaries from Africa ( the Congo uprising ) many came to our Mission Hall when on furlough ...and preached and share great deliverance's. etc etc ...

Dave and I almost got accepted to go out to Malawi , Africa to replace a missionary who’d been out there years ...but he changed his mind , and stayed , and we obviously didn’t go.

Like the old song ...” Those were the days my friend ...”

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As young Christians in the sixties , we cut our teeth on the many missionary books that help build our faith ( especially as most of them died lol )

“Through the Gates of Splendour , “( South America)

“The triumph of John and Betty Stam. China .

“Green Leaf in Drought “ China ...

And then the Missionaries from Africa ( the Congo uprising ) many came to our Mission Hall when on furlough ...and preached and share great deliverance's. etc etc ...

Dave and I almost got accepted to go out to Malawi , Africa to replace a missionary who’d been out there years ...but he changed his mind , and stayed , and we obviously didn’t go.

Like the old song ...” Those were the days my friend ...”

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How much have we lost, all this tech and we gave gained nothing and lost everything, But God is faithful He is our Rock, unchanging unmovable. And we shall hide in His secret place and there we will get to know one another ,like lovers , us the bride Him the husband... who knows what gifts He has for His bride.

Reactions: amadeus

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I used to have this on a 45. I can still see the Apple label.
Thankfully, God is unchanging.
I see the old covenant as a prophetic foreshadowing of the new covenant, which I see as the fulfillment of the old.
From the first page of Genesis (1:26) to the last page of Revelation (22:21), I see Jesus.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I used to have this on a 45. I can still see the Apple label.
Thankfully, God is unchanging.
I see the old covenant as a prophetic foreshadowing of the new covenant, which I see as the fulfillment of the old.
From the first page of Genesis (1:26) to the last page of Revelation (22:21), I see Jesus.
It is one of those oldies but goodies that carries me back to some good times. I would never want to go back, but reminiscing in OK by me and I believe by God.