The Hiding Place

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have been encouraged by this story. Corrie Ten Boom went through hardship and was treated shamefully for hiding Jewish people.
It is the first book I read when i was realizing i was starting to go through a hard time.

This was the first Christian book I ever read. And then our vicar took us to see the film.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been encouraged by this story. Corrie Ten Boom went through hardship and was treated shamefully for hiding Jewish people.
It is the first book I read when i was realizing i was starting to go through a hard time.

Loved that book too Lilygrace. That is a beautiful name, BTW.
Welcome to the forums :)

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Wasn't there a place where she would hide and the Lord would speak to her?
It's been a really long time since I read that story.
I almost forgot I had.
Or was that Anne Frank?
I think it was Anne.
Oh-h-h man, or should I say, "old man?" lol

Reactions: Nancy

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Youth? You can have it!
I'm reminded of a childhood limerick: My eyes are dim, I cannot see, I have not brought my specks with me.
Man, I was a mouthy kid. lol

Reactions: Nancy

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Wasn't there a place where she would hide and the Lord would speak to her?
It's been a really long time since I read that story.
I almost forgot I had.
Or was that Anne Frank?
I think it was Anne.
Oh-h-h man, or should I say, "old man?" lol
Anne Frank's family were Jewish and in hiding.

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
From the Nazis. I see no difference between them and America's present "president."
If one goes back far enough, the originator of the Jews, Judah, and the originator of the Levites, Levi, were brothers.
I'm a Levite and will stand with the Jews. Come what may.
You gotta stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Shalom.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i used to love reading books like that, testimonies, but I don't know if people still write testimony books.
I would guess that they do, but how much interest do people have in bothering to read them? Too many spending time fighting about who is or should be president and all of the details with regard to Covid-19.

What percentage of the people on this forum post to the prayer forum or even read what is posted on that sub forum or perhaps more to the point join in praying for the real needs which people express. Not as interesting as slinging mud, I guess!

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would guess that they do, but how much interest do people have in bothering to read them? Too many spending time fighting about who is or should be president and all of the details with regard to Covid-19.

What percentage of the people on this forum post to the prayer forum or even read what is posted on that sub forum or perhaps more to the point join in praying for the real needs which people express. Not as interesting as slinging mud, I guess!
i forgot that i even posted this lol. if anyone wants to recommend books im open. and i agree. i feel hurt on facebook and such reading posts about politics when me including others go through a hard time. it is hard for me to reach out in general. but yes. this too was probably the first christian book i ever read too.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i forgot that i even posted this lol. if anyone wants to recommend books im open. and i agree. i feel hurt on facebook and such reading posts about politics when me including others go through a hard time. it is hard for me to reach out in general. but yes. this too was probably the first christian book i ever read too.
I really and truly wish that I could say that there were few or none of those the posts here about politics, but that would a lie. Fortunately there are some other topics. I wish also I could I could help you with some other books to read but the only one that comes to mind is: "The Cross and the Switchblade" by David Wilkerson.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

WORD my gentle brother! :)

Reactions: amadeus

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really and truly wish that I could say that there were few or none of those the posts here about politics, but that would a lie. Fortunately there are some other topics. I wish also I could I could help you with some other books to read but the only one that comes to mind is: "The Cross and the Switchblade" by David Wilkerson.

I graduated Teen Challenge and served there. I know all about this...very good program and powerful story here....

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ten Boom's testimony will never be forgotten, here or in Heaven. She had a wonderful spirit about her as well. :) There's also Dietrich Bonhoeffer's testimony if you are into that subject matter.

As expected, it's pretty heavy stuff to meditate on after awhile. Makes me think of a light-hearted Italian movie I watched a few times. It was called "Life Is Beautiful." He played a Jew who had been sent to the concentration camps with his son, but tried to keep his son from knowing what was going on to protect him. This scene was of him taking over "translation" for a German soldier, so that his little boy would think it was a game and wouldn't get scared, LoL.

The movie had a somewhat sad ending, but the point was that even great evils and injustices can't overcome the human spirit, and the will to see things from a more positive light.

Good book to read. Glad the Lord led you to it. :)