The Holy Spirit is HE

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can't understand God @Prayer Warrior unless your IQ is infinite. Which I'm certain is not. Therefore God is a mystery to man. This is part of the fall of Adam and Eve, thinking they would become like God knowing good and evil. Which is a lie of Satan. Only thru the Holy Spirit do we find out what Good is, Good is God, and evil we will find out if we sin.
Oh, i assure you that my IQ is not the highest out there, lol. :)

But you do realize that God makes Himself known through the Bible, right?

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know nothing about my theology. It is somewhat vast as I've grown much in my life. It goes beyond the bible understanding as does man's current knowledge and understanding of things. The bible is a small book. But I think we've been over this topic already. There are a vast number of bible sized books you can read to learn more in Schools to find out more about God's creations.
Yes, we have discussed our beliefs in other threads. It's been a while ago.

There was a time years ago I started thinking that we had gone "beyond the Bible," but I was VERY wrong. This is dangerous thinking and will carry you into error. The Bible is not just a book. It is THE written Word of God. It's true that there are many books you can read, but none like the Bible, which will feed your soul and spirit like no other.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, i assure you that my IQ is not the highest out there, lol. :)

But you do realize that God makes Himself known through the Bible, right?
Neither is my IQ. None of us can understand the trinity is my point. We're given very limited understanding of God in the scriptures, just Father, Son and Holy Spirit. We are given to know what love is and what good is throughout the scriptures, which are also God. Can you think of anything else?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, we have discussed our beliefs in other threads. It's been a while ago.

There was a time years ago I started thinking that we had gone "beyond the Bible," but I was VERY wrong. This is dangerous thinking and will carry you into error. The Bible is not just a book. It is THE written Word of God. It's true that there are many books you can read, but none like the Bible, which will feed your soul and spirit like no other.
I partially agree with that. Truth is God and He saturates science.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Neither is my IQ. None of us can understand the trinity is my point. We're given very limited understanding of God in the scriptures, just Father, Son and Holy Spirit. We are given to know what love is and what good is throughout the scriptures, which are also God. Can you think of anything else?

The Holy Spirit gives us understanding as we read the scriptures. Many times I have read a familiar passage, and the Holy Spirit gives me new understanding about the passage, i.e. shows me something significant that I've never seen before. Of course, Jesus told us that the Holy Spirit would guide into all truth.

It's true that we don't understand God fully, but the more time we spend with Him, esp. in His Word, the more we know Him. I came to know Him, have a relationship with Him, through reading the Gospel of Matthew. This is how I began to understand who He is and how much He loves me....

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that I understand the Trinity and that it is really very simple once you know the scriptures on it.

It is rooted in the fact that God became a Man and did not cease to dwell in eternity when He descended to take on an added nature of human flesh.

Then that very Man died on the Cross and released His Spirit back to the Person who inhabits eternity...who is the same Person as His Spirit.

It should be clear that there is one Spirit (Ephesians 4:4) and that God is a Spirit (John 4:24).

Therefore, if Jesus be God, He is the same Spirit as God the Father (see John 4:23-24).

Therefore, they are the same Person;

While the Son is distinct from the Father in that He is come in the flesh; and the Holy Ghost is distinct from the Father in that He has lived a human life and therefore experientially understands humanity (Luke 23:46).

See also posts #1-#6 of the following thread:

True Trinity.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The father is God, Jesus is the son of God, and the Holy Spirit is the spirit of both God and Christ, or the mind of God.
You almost got it there...

The Father is a Spirit (John 4:23-24). The Son, being God, is a Spirit (John 4:24, Ephesians 3:17, Colossians 1:27, 1 John 5:12). The Holy Ghost is the Spirit (John 7:39). There is one Spirit (Ephesians 4:4).

Last edited:

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I came to the conclusion that the Holy Spirit is God, and the Father and Son are roles of Him.
I don't quite understand it, but that's the only answer there is.
I think that He is so far beyond what we can begin to hope to imagine that thinking of Him in finite terms help us to know Him. :eek:

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I came to the conclusion that the Holy Spirit is God, and the Father and Son are roles of Him.
I think trying to put one's finger on Him causes trouble.
For us.
Like trying to catch mist in a fist.
The God of my understanding...more like God as He has chosen to reveal Himself to me.
When I go from here to the scriptures, I get confirmation.
I've learned that if there appears to be a contradiction, there's a fault in my understanding.
The are exceptions when there are flaws in the copies of original manuscripts, which haven't been seen for millenia.
Trust in the Lord with all you heart and don't lean on your own understanding; acknowledge Him in all you ways and He will make your paths straight.
Sounds good to me. :)

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rather.

The Father is holy and a Spirit.

The Son is holy and a Spirit.

The Holy Ghost is holy and a Spirit.

Which gives us 3 Holy Spirits?

No, but God is a Holy Spirit manifesting Himself as the Father, through the man Christ Jesus(which man was made a holy spirit by the Col 2:9 effect on his human spirit body after he was resurrected by his God from the dead).

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is only when human beings pretend that they can figure out who God is that we have all the false doctrines of the cults. Every group that rejects the deity of Christ and the Trinity is heretical.
No Enoch, anyone who claims that God is divisible, quantifiable, confused, redundant and lacks judicious wisdom, is axiomatically heretical.
Please tell me that, at least in principle, you understand that much, right?
But, getting you, or any other trinitarian proponent, to admit that the doctrine of the trinity is in violation of all the above, is another story, isn't it?

Last edited:

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well, you're getting way too mystical about a very straight-forward principle. God is both holy, and He is spirit. So yes, God is holy spirit, but He is not 'the' holy spirit as you are professing. Don't confuse an impersonal entity, with the source of that entity.

God's essence is both holy and of spirit. The fact that by His discretion and power, that He is able to endow creatures with that same insight and faculty (not the capacity or magnitude), does not make the spirit the one with the consciousness or autonomy. God, the Father, is the personal aspect of His character, this is who we pray to and who we love, and who creates and who makes all the decisions.

Don't confuse the ontology with the person. God the Father is who we address and exalt, the spirit is just His ability to act in the manner that He does - all powerful and transcendent.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why are you muddying the waters by mentioning New Age beliefs? Looks like you do not wish to believe what is actually stated in Scripture. Yes, many mysteries are mentioned in the NT, but we are focused on the Mystery of God and Christ.
@Prayer Warrior
Enoch, you changed the subject, for she answered the point in question, all the mysteries that you were referring to, have been revealed. There is no mystery anymore of God the Father of all peoples (Gentiles), or the suffering Messiah, or Christ's bestowed headship as the first-born of all creation.
You've made His ontology a mystery well beyond your own comprehension, and are holding everyone accountable to accept your incompetent and reckless eisegesis*, compelling Christians to be as credulous and irreverent as you.
*eisegesis is generous, for even to say that you remotely derived your conclusion from the Bible, is a stretch.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that it is wise not to accept anything as being the true words of Jesus Christ other than what is found in the pages of the Holy Bible.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that it is wise not to accept anything as being the true words of Jesus Christ other than what is found in the pages of the Holy Bible.

This is safe yes. It is for each of us to decide when God speaks. But he guides and directs each of us with his Holy Spirit, which is Jesus' word.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our God is a living God. He is not confined to the Bible, or any book.
There is also a devil who has written things down in an attempt to deceive.

I believe in the Holy Bible because it testifies of Jesus Christ; and I know that Jesus is risen from the dead.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know there are those who deceive, just as there are those who do not. That is why we should not automatically dismiss those who claim to have received revelations from God, especially when we know He is a living God, who is not confined to the Bible, or any book.

I hope you at least read post #36, but before doing so, invoke the Holy Spirit, and I believe He will speak to your spirit, and confirm for you it is Jesus's words you have read.

Soul, there is revelation even in this day and age. God does speak, he constantly directs and guides all of us Christians all day long by communion with us.

And I did read thru post #36, and I think you are off track on that one. When God speaks to us he blesses us with the Holy Spirit usually and that holy spirit has fruits you can feel: Galatians 5:22-25