The Holy Spirit is HE

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible does not contain everything there is to know, even about what is contained within. If God revealed information to you (and He could/might) and instructed you to write down His words and share them, what would you do?

Regarding post #36, what do you consider "off track" about it?

Well I read post #36 and it didn't remind me of God really. Just had a whole different feel to me, different vibe.

I received a God message once when I moved to California, and he told me to see a psychiatrist after my wife told me she thought I had a mental illness. And that God message filled me with peace and love that lasted for hours. So I saw a doctor and sure enough he had to put me on meds. It saved me till even this day so far and my marriage for a while. God saved me. I'm not getting the same experience from post #36, no :(

Reactions: justbyfaith

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the Bible we are used to reading snippets from Jesus's discourses, etc. Therefore, it is understandable to go from reading little to a lot and experience a different feel/vibe.

Why did it not remind you of God?

Because it didn't inspire me at all :(

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are those who have claimed the Bible does not inspire them, despite others knowing it contains His word, and many later come to agree.

Therefore, your current sentiments may change. Every soul is different.

Thank you for at least reading and sharing your thoughts. It is refreshing.

For the record: the bible does inspire me, I think everything from God has inspired me.

I think you need to keep working on your understanding of Gods spirit before you can truly be a prophet. I think perhaps you're a work in progress, keep moving forward.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was merely pointing out there are those who have claimed the Bible, for example, did not inspire them, despite others knowing it came from God, but later came to see it does. Therefore, while you currently feel uninspired by post #36, that does not mean you always will. Every soul is different.
I would suggest to you to question your god spirit giving you revelations:

1 John 4:1-5

4 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
False prophets are known by their fruits (Mat. 7:15–20).

Is any of the content in post #36 evil fruit?
It generally promotes confusion.

1 Corinthians 14:33

For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If that is a "yes" to the question in post #52, what is an example of evil fruit from post #36?
Sorry soul, I don't really see it of any value to conjecture a revelation that is probably false. Cheers.

Reactions: justbyfaith

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You claim to have read post #36. Does it contain evil fruit? Yes or no? If it does, what is an example?
It's simply better not to read extra-biblical writings that claim to be of Jesus.

The deception factor is too strong.

They are asking you to take their words in as though they are the very words of the Lord.

They are asking you for blind, unquestioning faith in what they are saying.

For those who would fall for such a thing, this opens up a can of worms.

The devil will often say things that are right on the money in order to gain your confidence; and then, when you least expect it, he throws in a lie because he knows that he has your confidence. And because you are blindingly following the author in question, you will receive his lies.

There may be nothing inherently wrong with anything in the post you are referring to; but what about the next time that author speaks saying it is Jesus who is speaking?

Be careful because you are in danger of being deceived very easily by the lies of the enemy.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Probably false? You claim to have read post #36. Does it contain evil fruit? Yes or no? If it does, what is an example?
OK, you don't seem to understand what's going on. It can sound like God, and still not be, you have to be directed by the Holy Spirit during revelation (Galatians 5:22-25). I didn't experience anything with your revelation, which puts it here:

Matthew 15:8

This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I came to the conclusion that the Holy Spirit is God, and the Father and Son are roles of Him.
I don't quite understand it, but that's the only answer there is.
The Father speaks His Word by His Breath.

Reactions: Azim

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
However, there are times when God does and will choose people to reveal information to. Therefore, you should read all of Maria Valtorta's writings before you share your opinion.

Additionally, the Bible does not contain everything there is to know, even about what is contained within. If God were to choose to reveal information to you (and He could/might) and instructed you to write down His words and share them, what would you do?
I would rather play it safe and stay with the Holy Bible.

However, as concerning your second sentence, I have in fact written down words given to me by the Holy Ghost and have placed them in a five chapter message.

I will post this message shortly, as I believe that you will not defer from reading it since you did not defer from reading the words of Maria Valtorta.

I do believe that you will be edified by it if you swallow it whole and don't exercise any discernment as to whether it is from the Holy Spirit or not.

(But, I am being facetious; because the document itself encourages the reader to be a Berean (Acts of the Apostles 17:10-11) and to search the Bible to know whether what is written in the document is biblical or not).

I will post a link shortly to the thread in question where my document has been typed out for you to read.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you wrote down words given to you by the Holy Spirit, yet you refuse to even read the writings of others who claim to have received diction from Jesus, etc, like Maria Valtorta, because "the deception factor is too strong," and you "do not want to be deceived by them," and "it is better to play it safe and stay with the Holy Bible."

Then you reference the Bereans, who are held up as an example for Christians to be open to receiving the Word of God, and doing their own research, and verifying it against Scripture.

I understand you are being hypocritical, but am confused about how you think your reactions make sense towards Maria Valtorta vs. your writings. Additionally, how can you attack me for being too easily deceived because I am willing to read and research something, while also saying to act as the Bereans who read and research...
No, I am saying that because you are open to Maria Valtorta, you should be open to my writings.

If you are not open to my writings, why would you be open to the writings of this woman?

I will take the same approach to this extrabiblical information that you are setting forth as I do to the book of mormon or the writings of the gnostics...

Which, I consider, present a different Jesus, a different spirit, and a different gospel than the biblical one (see 2 Corinthians 11:3-4).

I do not need to look into and read any of the above documents in order to attempt to discern that they are not of the Lord.

It is already clear to me that they are not of the Lord....so why would I read any of them except to pick them apart and to show how they are in disregard to the faithful interpretations of holy scripture?

But the way to determine whether money is counterfeit is not to study counterfeit money...it is to handle real money all the day long.

So, I will stick with my Bible, thank you very much; until I become so familiar with it that I can determine whether a doctrinal statement is true or a lie just by looking at it or by getting a feel for it.

This thing by Maria Vallorta feels to me to be too much like gnostic writings for me to put any stock in it.

Don't worry...my eternity doesn't hinge on whether or not I accept the writings of Maria Vallorta...

While it does hinge on my accepting the writings of holy scripture as they are presented to me in the closed canon of holy scripture.

btw, there is no Berean element to what you have presented...for she attributes her statements to Jesus Himself.

So then, either they are the words of Jesus and must be unequivocally accepted; or else they are not and are to be categorically rejected. There is no middle ground. And therefore, if you find any of her words in the name of Jesus to be untrue or not according to holy scripture, you must therefore reject all of her writings as untrue. Because if it is not Jesus that is speaking, the words spoken are spoken by a deceiver and must be rejected as the words of a deceiver. But if it is Jesus, then it must all be accepted without question.

I prefer not to make myself accountable to something new that Jesus might have said if there is even a slight chance that it is not of Jesus Christ. Because if it is not of Jesus Christ, but I consider the writings to be of Him, then I will be more easily deceived by the writings in question. Because I will feel some kind of obligation to believe His words even though they are not His words.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By "open" do you mean open to merely reading your writings? If so, what if it is already clear to me you did not receive dictations from God?

You have read an excerpt (#36) from Maria Valtorta's writings. Show how it is in disregard of the faithful interpretations of Scripture.

How so?

That is Berean because Paul came to the Bereans also speaking the words of Jesus.
Where did she hear these words of Jesus? When Jesus came to her, did He come in the flesh?

Or, did Jesus speak to her as some kind of spirit that she channeled through her brain?

If it is her estimation that Jesus is not come in the flesh, that would identify her as a false prophet having the spirit of antichrist.

If He did appear to her in the flesh, I gather she is saying that He has already returned and is hiding in one of the inner rooms or some such thing as that.

Consider.

Mat 24:24, For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
Mat 24:25, Behold, I have told you before.
Mat 24:26, Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
Mat 24:27, For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By "open to my writings" do you mean open to merely reading your writings? If so, what if it is already clear to me you did not receive dictations from God?
I don't claim to have received dictations from God.

I wrote out the document using my subconscious memory because the very same document was sent back in time to me when I was in the 7th grade and living in the Burbank/North Hollywood area. It reached my church of the time (Praise Chapel) via the Mexican black market when the church went on a missions trip one year (1985 or 1986). The person who bought it was told to give it specifically to me (by name) because I would end up being the author of the document and I needed to get it into my system so that I could write the document later on in life.

I was in fact told this, but it did not register at the time because it appears that the name of the author is Victor Jedidiah. That is merely one of my pen names.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have read an excerpt (#36) from Maria Valtorta's writings. Show how it is "in disregard of the faithful interpretations of Scripture."

I have not read the excerpt in its totality; I chose in the midst of reading it to obey what is written in Proverbs 19:27,

Pro 19:27, Cease, my son, to hear the instruction that causeth to err from the words of knowledge.

Where did she hear these words of Jesus? When Jesus came to her, did He come in the flesh?

Or, did Jesus speak to her as some kind of spirit that she channeled through her brain?

If it is her estimation that Jesus is not come in the flesh, that would identify her as a false prophet having the spirit of antichrist.

If He did appear to her in the flesh, I gather she is saying that He has already returned and is hiding in one of the inner rooms or some such thing as that.

Consider.

Mat 24:24, For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
Mat 24:25, Behold, I have told you before.
Mat 24:26, Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
Mat 24:27, For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't feel a need to argue with you, @soul.

I have made a decision not to read the writings that you are presenting and you need to respect that.

You are not going to argue me out of that decision.

Suffice it to say that I have my reasons and I have explained them to you adequately.

If you do not want to accept my explanation, there is nothing left for us than to agree to disagree.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not about your refusal to read Maria Valtorta's writings in full. I am asking you to show how what you did read of the excerpt from her writings is "in disregard of the faithful interpretations of Scripture" and explain how it is like "gnostic writings."
I have already explained this and you did not want to receive the explanation. There is nothing further left for us therefore than to agree to disagree.