The Holy Spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
It says in the Bible that the Spirit prays when we do not know how to pray. How is this done? This was the origingal question. You ask me how come I pray in tongues and do not understand what I pray?The Holy Spirit prays through me the perfect will of God. I can not explain this, Kriss, where you can understand it unless you have the spiritual ears to hear.God reveals unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. Now we recieved, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God; for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.The spirit has to teach you as he did me. Pray for the truth! God will not give you a stone!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
setfreeThats why we pray your will be done because we do not always know what we need to pray for our spirit being connected to the Holy spirit understands what we need even when we do not.Example We pray to be with someone we love and we ask God to make that person loves us back we pray very hard but it does not happen. Our spirit knows we do not need this person in our life because it knows someone better is around the cornerWe think God didnt answer our prayers but in truth the our spirit prayed for us to be with the right personthis is what is met the spirit knows what to pray for us when even we do not even if we think we do I have seen this thousands of times Its why we should alway pray if it be his will let this be doneHow many times have you prayed for something and years later been thankful it did not happen as you thought you wanted??this is your spirit praying for what you need whether you know it or not

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
Here we go again fighting about this same subject,don't you get sick of it. I pray in tongues and I will continue to do so, I should do that even more. Those who don't pray that way then don't. It's biblical though... I feel love coming towards me by saying that.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
setfreeThe holy spirit we get upon batism helps us comunicate with the spirit of God at all times reguardless of our flesh thoughts and wants we only see our near future our spirit is our guardian playing the middle man between God and our flesh it interceeds when we ask for something that would take us in a wrong direction its our silent guardian angel so to speak We pray for happiness what does that mean our spirit knows we do not or we would just do it. We pray for wisdom what is that our spirit knows for it comunicates with the Holy spirit.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Thunder1;41665)
Here we go again fighting about this same subject,don't you get sick of it. I pray in tongues and I will continue to do so, I should do that even more. Those who don't pray that way then don't. It's biblical though... I feel love coming towards me by saying that.
thunderIm not arguing with you Im telling you Gods truth do whatever you like if you call it arguing the problem is yours because you are denying what scripture says its not me your arguing with its Gods wordand besides I was having a conversation with setfree

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
Kriss,If the spirit is going to pray without us, Why should we pray at all? Why not just set back and say "well, the Holy Spirit will pray the perfect will of God so I will just trust that and go to sleep?"

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
(kriss;41667)
thunderIm not arguing with you Im telling you Gods truth do whatever you like if you call it arguing the problem is yours because you are denying what scripture says its not me your arguing with its Gods wordand besides I was having a conversation with setfree
You are pointing finger at me and at so many others who you think are understanding God's word wrong on this matter. Could there be any possibility that you are arguing against God's word yourself? This subject though does not change my love towards you at all. There are so many bigger issues. me love u,kriss !

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Thats not what I said I said when we pray we invoke the Holy spirit within us and it in turn interceeds and prays the right thing We must of our own free will decide to ask father but our holy spirit interceeds for us and prays what we really need We often do not know

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Thunder1;41671)
You are pointing finger at me and at so many others who you think are understanding God's word wrong on this matter. Could there be any possibility that you are arguing against God's word yourself? This subject though does not change my love towards you at all. There are so many bigger issues. me love u,kriss !
No if you have read this thread from the begining you would know that this is not my word or any misunderstanding by me Gods word only says one thing and it never speaks of what you say if its not there I can not teach it if it were there I would be shouting from the roof tops my desire has never been to have you hear me but always to have you hear God I am nothing I am not right God is rightI luv you too or I would keep repeating myself its for you not against you

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
Kriss, I wish I could share with you what God has done in my prayer life since I have embraced this truth from God's word. Others might think this is arguing, but I truly believe you are trying to help. It gets fustrating when we can not get our thoughts across to each other. I have prayed for you to see, but like everything else it takes faith. You have to tell God you believe, even if you do not understand it all. He will take care of the rest. He will open up the scriptures as only he can.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
(kriss;41672)
Thats not what I said I said when we pray we invoke the Holy spirit within us and it in turn interceeds and prays the right thing We must of our own free will decide to ask father but our holy spirit interceeds for us and prays what we really need We often do not know
I quess I just choose to use His gift, and let it manifest through me. His Holy Spirit is His gift, but he manifest himself in different ways. I pray in the spirit by the gift of tongues. Our faith is in the same place HIs Spirit.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
SetfreeIf you even knew half of what I have been shown you would be amazed its why I gladly accept the title and the penalty of teaching I listen to you and I see a teenager in the Word you are not a babe but you are not fully mature either I think you are well on your way but you still have much to learn I am not saying I dont as we will never stop learning but you have a long way to go You do not yet understand the third level or for that matter have barely touched on the second level God teaches on three levels like an onion the more you learn the more there is to learn, there is layer upon layer its why a babe can not see what you have learned and why you cant see what I have learned that is the nature of his word

dgc

Nov 27, 2007
Chriss, forgive me for my ignorance and please bear with me are you saying that you belive that toungs is not at all for today

dgc

Nov 27, 2007
Setfree also bear with me,I thought that Cor 14 is addressing the church gathering and the order of toungs 1 to 3 may speek in toungs but then there should be an interpretation if not then this should stop. I think what you are saying is regarding you private prarer life correct?

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
(kriss;41680)
SetfreeIf you even knew half of what I have been shown you would be amazed its why I gladly accept the title and the penalty of teaching I listen to you and I see a teenager in the Word you are not a babe but you are not fully mature either I think you are well on your way but you still have much to learn I am not saying I dont as we will never stop learning but you have a long way to go You do not yet understand the third level or for that matter have barely touched on the second level God teaches on three levels like an onion the more you learn the more there is to learn, there is layer upon layer its why a babe can not see what you have learned and why you cant see what I have learned that is the nature of his word
You are right, I have barely scratched the surface of His truth. But I will not let go of what He has confirmed in me. No man can take away what God has given me. I have given up too much of my spiritual life listening to the teaching of men. I am in search of the truth, and my Heavenly Father has given me the Holy Spirit to guide me, thanks be to Jesus for His sacrifice on the cross.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
(dgc;41682)
Setfree also bear with me,I thought that Cor 14 is addressing the church gathering and the order of toungs 1 to 3 may speek in toungs but then there should be an interpretation if not then this should stop. I think what you are saying is regarding you private prarer life correct?
Yes, what I have experienced is in my prayer time.Paul is correcting the Corinthians on the wrong use of tongues in Church. But in his correcting he is not saying that prayer -in the spirit- is wrong, just not in the church without an interpreter.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(dgc;41681)
Chriss, forgive me for my ignorance and please bear with me are you saying that you belive that toungs is not at all for today
Im am saying that tongues means languages of other people and nations that Gods word never speaks of any unknown tounge that the gift was as I have shown was the gift to speak and understand forgeign languages so the disciples could preach the gospel to the World as they were commandedI never heard of any one getting up and suddenly knowing French, or spanish and sense that is what the gift is I assume God doesnt find it nessary sense the gospel has been spread around the world. read the first of this thread and you will see I have well documented this

dgc

Nov 27, 2007
Setfree, thank you this is also my understanding. I am very excited for you and your prayer life I pray GOD will take you to the higher levels you hunger for keep speaking in toungs and ask The Holy Spirit for understanding I belive Kriss nailed it with the spirit interceeding for us when we may not pray as the spirit wants us to like Jesus said "never the less Thy will be done."

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
Kriss,Are you saying that on the day of Pentecost that the disciples were speaking a language they already knew?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
No Im saying exactly what it says God divided (thats what cloven means to divide)and he gave each disciple a new language of the world not unknown to men) only unknown to them if peter spoke Greek God allowed him to speak spanish ectread what its says each was given a language to speak to those who were from every nation on earth (under heaven means on earth)

Status
Not open for further replies.