The Holy Spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alanforchrist

Dec 25, 2007
(dgc;41700)
You are correct but what it does say is "How is it that we hear them each in our own native language?" this is all at once Like Kriss said "all understood God language is understood by all human ears there is no language from God that anyone can not understand its why no matter who the angels were talking to they were understood by the hearer. A hevanly intervention.
dgc, You said, "There is no language from God that anyone cannot understand".Yet 1 Corinthians 14: 2. says, He that speaks in tongues speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for NO MAN UNDERSTANDETH HIM. howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries. v21: says, No man will hear [Understand] when people speak in tongues.The Greek word for "Hear", in v 21, is the same word " NO MAN UNDERSTANDETH HIM". IN V 2.Read 1 Corinthians 14: 2-27. when you put it in it's right context it shows that no man will understand tongues.1 Corithians 13: 1. says, there are tongues of angels, "A heavenly language".So there is a heavenly language that no one will understand.So we see from the Bible that we can speak in a language that we have never learned, as is Acts 2: 4-11. And we can speak in a heavenly languege. 1 Corinthians 12: 10. says there are diversities of tongues, yet people limmit them tojust one type of tongue.If people stick to what the Bible says, they can't go wrong.

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
Alanforchrist wrote:
If people stick to what the Bible says, they can't go wrong.
Alan you would be wise to heed your own warnings and words.

Alanforchrist

Dec 25, 2007
(setfree;41698)
I am trying to understand it. Where does it say that they themselves understood? I know that the multitude understood in their own language. But did the disciples?
They didn't all understand. All the foriegners understood, v5--12. Then Peter got back over into his native language, v 14 and spoke to the people in a language that they could understand, If they all understood why would Peter have to explain in their native tongue.

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
(Alanforchrist;42227)
[1] Tongues does mean language,"A HEAVENLY LANGUAGE".
Yes it does. For I have heard this language, I have known it and seen it interpreted. I also believe that there is more to it than just a 'heavenly language'. I have also witnessed alleged tongues, it which it was a known language, just unknown to the congregation. In this instance, it was false.(Alanforchrist)
[2] It is obvious that you have never been baptised in the Holy Ghost.Jesus said, "The believer shall speak with new tongues". I suposse you think He got it wrong as well.
Your reference is to a lone verse within the Scriptures. Mark 16:17. There is no second witness to this and IMO it is dangerous to build such a strong doctrine upon one lone verse. Especially a verse within a context that is questionable. However, I am sure you are aware of the questionable nature of this verse. That being said, I am confident you are wise enough to take care with regard to such remarks in the future.Besides, we can not take a lone verse, a hapax legomenon if you will, and use or uphold that in a manner that is to the exclusion of the rest of the text(s).1 Corinthians 12:8 To one is given through the Spirit the utterance of wisdom, and to another the utterance of knowledge according to the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit, 10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another the discernment of spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. 11 All these are activated by one and the same Spirit, who allots to each one individually just as the Spirit chooses.If we examine what Paul has to say about this, it is clear that not all are given the same gifts.1 Corinthians 13:1 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.Paul is also clear, that even should we speak in a 'heavenly language' but have not love, it is as nought.1 Corinthians 14:22 Tongues, then, are a sign not for believers but for unbelievers.A very interesting statement in my opinion, and directly related to:1 Corinthians 14:21B “By people of strange tongues and by the lips of foreigners I will speak to this people; yet even then they will not listen to me,” [cf Isa 28:11-12]As for Kriss, while I may not have been here long, I am confident she has in fact been given the Ruakh haQodesh.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Again Alan the word means the same as it does in the other verses Mark sixteen doesnt talk about anything but learning new natural languages of men you didnt speak beforeMark 16:17 "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In My name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;""The signs" are those thing that make it obvious that the Holy Spirit is with that individual. You either have Christ in you or you don't, if you have Christ in you, then His Spirit, the Holy Spirit is there also. It is just that simple. The signs are all those things that allow us to understand completely that tis person is a believer. Those things that they do will be done only in Jesus name, for Jesus gets all the glory of any of their works that they do. The Christian knows that what ever God allows them to do, He has given them to the gift to accomplish that work. Whether preaching or teaching, playing an instrument, or football, or riding in a wheelchair and praying and witnessing to others. The "new tongues" is not "unknown tongues", but new languages, teaching and preaching so that what you say will be understood completely.If you take the truth to the entire world, you will either learn the language with understanding of the country that you will teach in, or they simply will not understand you. The disciples and those that are going out to teach the gospel are going to have to learn those languages, or they are going to have to take an interpreter with them. If the people don't understand what your saying, they won't even know when to say Amen.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
And again you take 1 Cor.14:2 out of context to make it fit your belief rather than you following Gods Word It means if you go to a country and preach/prophisize in a language they dont understand God will understand you as he understands all languages but men will not be able to understand and the chapter continues on this note. Another words do not go to China and prophisize the Words of God in English as no man will understand it therefore it servesw no purpose get real with scripture and hear God not try top make God fit your preconceived notion people have been chanting to change their Aplpha brain waves and comune with spirts for thousands of years in every country in the World and every one will say its god depending on who their god is.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
It seems like every forum I have been on and tongues is being discussed it always comes down to the same thing...Those that have experienced tongues say one thing and the ones that have not have their scriptures as well. But I have yet to see where one side convinces the other. I still stand and believe that speaking in tongues is a supernatural gift (just like the other gifts). There are a lot of people that are not christians that have learned a foriegn language (that is not supernatural). All the gifts mentioned in 1 Corinthians can only be had by the Holy Spirit. A language without the supernatural touch of God is just a language.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
It comes down to no such thing it comes down to what God says vs menGod wins there is only one thing Gods Word says and all except the men who speak this do not disagree with what God says. So men twist the words to make the Word fit there belief and God says the oppisite so your right about one thing its your choice God or man thats the truth.You cant break all Gods rules for interptation and truth just to support any viewIts NOT WRITTEN its a belief NOT THE WORD you can choose to believe it but its not in scripture.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
(kriss;42276)
It comes down to no such thing it comes down to what God says vs menGod wins there is only one thing Gods Word says and all except the men who speak this do not disagree with what God says. So men twist the words to make the Word fit there belief and God says the oppisite so your right about one thing its your choice God or man thats the truth.You cant break all Gods rules for interptation and truth just to support any viewIts NOT WRITTEN its a belief NOT THE WORD you can choose to believe it but its not in scripture.
Agreed! But both sides can claim just what you wrote.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Wrong one started in 1800 by men was never taught The other is religious belief based on mens own misinterptation and a religious doctrine was the result One is biblical and the Holy Word of God to say they can both claim the same is wrong that means mens doctrine is equal to Gods Word if so then it follows that all mens doctrine is equal to Gods Word and that is a slippery slope.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
I did not say that both were right, I just said they both can claim what you said in post #88. Your wrong about the 1800's men doctrine, because Corinthians was written around 55 A.D. This book teaches more about tongues and the misuse of tongues, so tongues have been around since that time.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
1cor dosent speak of unknown tongues nor of any weird language it speaks of natural human languages no matter what you belief No unknown language or unnarural langage is mentioned the word tongues is the languages naturaly spoken by men always has been always will be. The belief of an unknown un-natural language did start in 1800 by men. You can believe what you choose but dont claim its Gods Word it is nothttp://www.entrewave.com/view/reform...20part%205.htm

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
If tongues is a gift of the Spirit, language is used by everyone, does everyone have the Spirit?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Everyone that is baptised by belief and repentance speaks of things of God this is the tongue (language) of the spirit this is the meaning of new tounges in mark 16 if you are unbeliever you speak the language of your country but you do not speak the things of God, and his word. This is not the gift, The gift was each could speak/understand forgein languages to be able to spread the word of God to the World.

Alanforchrist

Dec 25, 2007
(kriss;42294)
1cor dosent speak of unknown tongues nor of any weird language it speaks of natural human languages no matter what you belief No unknown language or unnarural langage is mentioned the word tongues is the languages naturaly spoken by men always has been always will be. The belief of an unknown un-natural language did start in 1800 by men. You can believe what you choose but dont claim its Gods Word it is nothttp://www.entrewave.com/view/reform...20part%205.htm
Isn't it strange that God didn't know that. read 1 Corinthians 14: 2 -27.stop putting your own thoughts, and sick with what God has said in the Bible.

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
1Cr 12:4 There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit . 1Cr 12:5 There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. 1Cr 12:6 And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all. 1Cr 12:7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: 1Cr 12:8 for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, 1Cr 12:9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same[fn2] Spirit, 1Cr 12:10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. 1Cr 12:11 But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills. ********************************************Please note verse 11.....the gifts of the Spirit, including tongues, are distributed to each one individually as HE WILLS !!!Colossians 2:8Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
(kriss;42296)
Everyone that is baptised by belief and repentance speaks of things of God this is the tongue (language) of the spirit this is the meaning of new tounges in mark 16 if you are unbeliever you speak the language of your country but you do not speak the things of God, and his word. This is not the gift, The gift was each could speak/understand forgein languages to be able to spread the word of God to the World.
I guess I am getting a different interpretation from you now, Are you saying that tongues is a language(speaking the things of God in your own language)?In Acts 10:46 did the Gentiles speak in their language or a different language?

Nov 8, 2007
For those of Who that Truly Understand the Pentecostal Blessing, do not mind some people who despise the Tongue Speaking. I know the Word Unknown was put in place, but I know what Speaking in Tongues is, and I know Prophecy, when God takes a Hold of Someone then THUS SAITH THE LORD comes out there mouth. I have seen this and am a Witness to it. You have to have your own Holy Ghost Experience. WHEN YOU GET REVELATION FROM GOD, NO MAN CAN TAKE THAT. When you get REVELATION FROM MEN, meaning if one man taught you and you see that as Revelation, another Man can take that. I used to despise the Tongue Speaking, Holy Rolling, Crazy Pentecostals, until the Grace of God got a Hold of Me, and showed me Power.A revelation from Man, can be taken away from another man's rebuttal. But the Revelation of God can never be taken away from you, it's forever with you. So becareful who you listen to on this board, ESPECIALLY ME! Seek the Holy Ghost, not the Teachings of Men, cause all of our teachings are LIES, but REVELATION by the Holy Ghost through us is Truth. Pray in The Name of the Lord Jesus Christ's Name.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
(Unorthodox Christian;42361)
For those of Who that Truly Understand the Pentecostal Blessing, do not mind some people who despise the Tongue Speaking. I know the Word Unknown was put in place, but I know what Speaking in Tongues is, and I know Prophecy, when God takes a Hold of Someone then THUS SAITH THE LORD comes out there mouth. I have seen this and am a Witness to it. You have to have your own Holy Ghost Experience. WHEN YOU GET REVELATION FROM GOD, NO MAN CAN TAKE THAT. When you get REVELATION FROM MEN, meaning if one man taught you and you see that as Revelation, another Man can take that. I used to despise the Tongue Speaking, Holy Rolling, Crazy Pentecostals, until the Grace of God got a Hold of Me, and showed me Power.A revelation from Man, can be taken away from another man's rebuttal. But the Revelation of God can never be taken away from you, it's forever with you. So becareful who you listen to on this board, ESPECIALLY ME! Seek the Holy Ghost, not the Teachings of Men, cause all of our teachings are LIES, but REVELATION by the Holy Ghost through us is Truth. Pray in The Name of the Lord Jesus Christ's Name.
I listen with caution. I agree- what God has given me no man can take. I just wish I could share with others what God has given me with out it being said it is of the devil. What do you believe praying in the Spirit means?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I will tell you again again there is no unknown tongue the word language is a new word in those days they used the word tongue for languge God Word never speaks of unknown language at the Tower of babble he divided the languages and they were spoken by men there was no mystery language that no one understood the very words that descibe God, Enlighten, reveal, are contrary to this spread the gospel to the world not speak dark secret sentences in silence to build your own ego anyone thinking this is Gods charachter doesnt know him well.

Status
Not open for further replies.