The HOMELESS Problem.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mosheli

Jul 2, 2020
Wellington
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I don't know about in your countries but here in NZ I studied the causes of the housing crisis and homelessness here (and I have also experienced it and witnessed it with my father who is currently homeless having to stay with a friend, and heard testimony from city mission) and the main seeming causes are below. From what I've seen in some other countries like Australia, USA, UK, Ireland it seems the causes are similar there. They can all be attributed to globalism.

1. Way too much immigration in the last few decades has caused the housing crisis in NZ. Also foreign ownership of land/houses.

2. Too excessively expensive house prices & rents. And too much pricing by "location". And also too high real estate agent commissions.

3. Too low incomes/wages of many, and mass unemployment caused by free trade and immigration. Plus too much money going out (rent, phone, water/waste, power, net/web, GST/VAT, etc).

4. Too high income/salaries/profits of some. Including investment shareholders who brag they don't work but their money works for them, and landlords who get way too much profits from high rents, and polictians and other CEOs get way too high disproportionate profits. Eg mininum/standard wage here is 21 an hour, but I had Acoustic Consultan charge me 300 dollars and hour.

5. Banks' too high "surplus" rule (ie the "surplus" amount left over after repayments and costs are deducted that they deem we have to have to live on is set too high). "Banks says we can't afford" even though we can.

6. Too high interest rates.

7. Here in NZ the reserve bank made a new twenty percent deposit rule for loans/mortgages which has made it much harder for poorer low income people to ever be able to buy a place.

8. Privatisation of state housing.

9. Some people own too many/much, eg here in NZ Bob Jone said he owns half the buildings in Auckland and/or Wellington, while many of us can't afford anything more than a piddly single room in a shared building anywhere near a city. Some people have two homes or another holiday home while others have none. I know a couple in UK who said their holiday home still has its original lightbulbs working.

10. And here the state etc also did not build enough houses in previous decades. They were poor in doing upkeep and progress. Social Credit can be used to build houses.

11. People and christians not caring about homeless and others suffering injust wrongs. The regime has trciked alot of people into blaming the victims as "bludgers", "lazy" etc and excusing the real culprits (much like they have done with Russia-Ukraine situation right now, the West has cunningly lied making it look like Russia is the invader and Ukraine the victim and the West the good knight, but the background history really shows that NATO & EU & US & Soros etc involvement/interference in Ukraine really caused it and Russia is acting for its security/defence). This western world are always evading the root causes of everything (unemployment, housing crisis, tooth decay, abortion, etc) and always blaming the victims.
Also includes the breaking up of our small communities and extended families. Urbanisation and alienation and loneliness and hyperindividualism in modern western civilisation.

12. Some would also argue genetics/dysgenics also plays a role too.

13. Sin/fallenness of selves and/or others.
And "give ten prisoners each a dollar and one will come out with all ten". Problem is as old as Cain whose name means "gain/acquistion" like mammon.

14. And of course mere chance or bad luck. And Natural disasters like cyclones and floods and fires may also make some loose their homes.

The bible confirms some of the above in many verses.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are many people out there in the world who are a just a paycheck away from being homeless. In my opinion, it has come down to the disparities between minimum wages and living costs. Not all homeless are drunks or drug addicts or mentally ill. A lot of the homelessness have derived from family breakups due to financial pressure and the inability to feed and take care of their family properly. This can cause mental anguish and the sense of hopelessness. Particularly in men who tend to feel like they should have done better. Sometimes it has to do with making a wrong turn somewhere....just a simple wrong turn
Well said and I agree. The cost of living has gotten absolutely insane. People are not making enough money to live in a house. My dad told me the other day that the average home price among all of the United States is about one million dollars…..

Reactions: Nancy

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are none Righteous, Barney.[/QUOTE\]

I understand that the Only Begotten Son of God had to come and die for mankind because no offspring from Adam could save mankind. The Only Begotten Son of God had to come in the likeness of the first man Adam and sacrifice himself in his sinless state. He was a human who was without spot and blemish and remained in that state right up to his death.

However God judged Noah as being righteous and warned him about the flood that was coming and told him to build an ark so that he and his family could be saved. GOD judged him and his family righteous therefore worthy of life.Genesis 6:8,9.

So too today there are those who are the anointed who are Jesus Christ spiritual brothers who make up his church that he is head of and that has God's Holy Spirit. This church is the organization that we get God's spiritual food. This church is warning people of the great tribulation and Armageddon. Letting people know that we are in the second presence of Jesus Christ (an invisible presence), and time is short. Just as the people of Noah's time scoffed at him and disbelieved what he said so to today they scoff at God's people today and disbelieved them.
It's your prerogative to not believe there are those that God views as his people and righteous in his eyes just as it's your prerogative to believe vall I said isn't true. People will believe what they choose to believe the truth is concerning God and his Only Begotten Son and God's word.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Somehow i dont perceive that a Tesla Automobile, or a 8K Television, or a IPhone or the INternet is why the poor are homeless.

See, the Homeless.. issue...........or as Jesus said...."you will always have the POOR with you".........predates Bill Gates, Windows 11, or cars that drive themselves, ScottA.
Tech just sets the bar higher. Only the strong survive, and those who can't keep up, fall behind. It's as simple as that.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seven years of homelessness, I get to say something.

A large part of it is gentrification and last I checked over 40% of the homeless were working. And if you are part of the "invisible homeless" it is expensive to be homeless and you are likely paying double what someone is paying for a house.

If instead of giving out monthly vouchers for homes for a years, if they gave vouchers out for deposit and first three months, you would have capable people off of the streets.

Sometimes it isn't just "making it" it is they make just starting impossible for people in tough positions.

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A large part of it is gentrification and last I checked over 40% of the homeless were working.

Ah, Fluffy, you used a big word that I had to Google to understand what you were trying to say.

But I did like the point that you were making, though.

Reactions: DuckieLady

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
People are much like Cats. They will do what they please regardless.
I know of homeless people who could go stay somewhere but no they want to live on the streets etc. they like that better.
One bloke lives in a dumpster Happy as, he has everything he needs right their next to the fruit shop.
I knew of one bloke who lived in the bus stop but he owed the whole shopping center and much more, that's what he liked.
I knew of plenty others that lived in a total dump of the house and were millionaires in fact.
I have 2 mates who have over 2 million and both have lived with their mummy's their whole life's one is 61yo the other 58yo and both could not boil an egg. one is a 4hr drive away and the other just up the road. but they are both that tight with money that to fork out for anything just stings them them that badly that they can not bear the pain.

I have contracted to such idiots over the years that i think everyone should have ID to say they are sane or whatever, because i do not want to wast my time on idiots and all the hassles they cause, because they are a curse. and with such people i could double the rate before hand, just to brake even in the end.

Reactions: dev553344

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People are much like Cats. They will do what they please regardless.
I know of homeless people who could go stay somewhere but no they want to live on the streets etc. they like that better.
One bloke lives in a dumpster Happy as, he has everything he needs right their next to the fruit shop.
I knew of one bloke who lived in the bus stop but he owed the whole shopping center and much more, that's what he liked.
I knew of plenty others that lived in a total dump of the house and were millionaires in fact.
I have 2 mates who have over 2 million and both have lived with their mummy's their whole life's one is 61yo the other 58yo and both could not boil an egg. one is a 4hr drive away and the other just up the road. but they are both that tight with money that to fork out for anything just stings them them that badly that they can not bear the pain.

I have contracted to such idiots over the years that i think everyone should have ID to say they are sane or whatever, because i do not want to wast my time on idiots and all the hassles they cause, because they are a curse. and with such people i could double the rate before hand, just to brake even in the end.
We should be taking care of our own instead of letting hundreds of thousands through the border who don't belong here and are going to be a burden on society and the government.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We should be taking care of our own instead of letting hundreds of thousands through the border who don't belong here and are going to be a burden on society and the government.
When you realize that the whole world rightfully belongs to God, you have to then ask, "Who is 'our own'?"

Or, with a certain νομικός (lawyer) in Luke 10:29, we can ask, "And who is my neighbor?"

Reactions: dev553344