The Immaculate Conception Error!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
Veni_Creator_Spiritus said:
I was in favor of just allowing women and children to come. Then the attack on San Bernadino happen and I honestly feel uneasy about letting any of them come over since we know women are capable of being just as bad as the guys.

Then again, we may be the only Jesus these people ever see.

Whatever they do, proper screening needs to occur. But is that even possible? Lying is permissible in Islam so long as it furthers the cause of Islam. You cant trust anything they put on their applications. Maybe lie detector tests? Truth serum? They need to go to the extreme before letting them come.
The Cologne attacks sealed the deal for me. I was anti Trump and UK until that.

The answer is simply to help those Muslim nations with proper education and media free of propoganda. Until significant progress is made with that, no Muslim can ever be trusted. If I was a Muslim I would understand this. It is hilarious that people call this a form of bigotry / racism.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
Born_Again said:
I have tricked a lie detector. They aren't reliable. Hence why they aren't allowed to be used in court.
I had staff that was stealing. It exposed every single one of them. 100% accuracy. I won't ask how you got the experience to be able to pass one ;).

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
The Barrd said:
Who gets to decide who is a "qualified priest" or a "qualified elder"? These 3000 who were killed...do we know what they had done that made them worthy of death?
3000 may not seem like a lot for a 400 year spread...but each one of those lives mattered to someone. Each life taken represented someone's father or mother or son or daughter. Remember, I'm the one whose husband was killed by a drunk driver...I know how devastating it can be to lose someone that way. Now, of course, he's a statistic...just one of those killed by alcohol that year.
So, "only' 3000 lives were taken. But how many more lives were devastated?
How does not believing in a certain way make someone worthy of death?

And what do we do with people who have no connection with Christianity at all? Shouldn't whoever is governing the people treat all people fairly, regardless of their religious beliefs? Sure, you and I are concerned with Christians and Christianity. And we want to promote our own doctrines.
Everyone should believe as I do...that the Ten Commandments are still in force, that we demonstrate our faith, as James said, by our works, that being 'under grace' does not mean that we are free to transgress God's law.
I am shocked when "Christians" tell me that they may sin with impunity, because Jesus paid for their sin, past present and future. To me, this seems like trampling the blood of Christ under their feet.
Should we kill them for this? Isn't that taking the judgement that belongs to God alone into our own hands?
And doesn't Jesus warn us that we will be judged by our own standard?
I believe with all of my heart that our judgement ought to be merciful and not harsh...because that is what we want from God when we stand before Him. We are told that we will give an account of every idle word that we let come out of our mouths. If that is so, when it comes my turn, I'm going to be standing there for awhile...mostly going "umm...errr...uh...but...well...uh...gee..."

Don't you understand, my brother, that when we advocate killing "heretics", that we are as bad as them?
They had the right idea, just failed in most cases with its application. Please understand that I am not defending the cruel torture of those heretics. I am 100% against that. Torture can make innocent people confess to crimes.

The significance with the number of deaths is that many were not killed.

I know this does not excuse those that suffered, nor this line from the one pope "Anyone who attempts to construe a personal view of God which conflicts with Church dogma must be burned without pity (Pope Innocent III)".

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
The Barrd said:
1. And what do we do with people who have no connection with Christianity at all? Shouldn't whoever is governing the people treat all people fairly, regardless of their religious beliefs? Sure, you and I are concerned with Christians and Christianity. And we want to promote our own doctrines.

2. Don't you understand, my brother, that when we advocate killing "heretics", that we are as bad as them?
1. I disagree. Working brains alone know right from wrong. I am not suggesting we deal with heretics that choose to celebrate the Sabbath or all those that don't believe in the rapture....or even the contrast of beliefs Luther raised against the RCC. Rather those that teach cutting off fingertips and head to cast terror / being GLBT is ok / encourage witchcraft. The world is in a mess because leaders with no brains and common sense are in power.

2. I wouldnt advocate killing anyone. Just imprsion until sanity returns.

Jan 11, 2016
KingJ said:
1. I disagree. Working brains alone know right from wrong. I am not suggesting we deal with heretics that choose to celebrate the Sabbath or all those that don't believe in the rapture....or even the contrast of beliefs Luther raised against the RCC. Rather those that teach cutting off fingertips and head to cast terror / being GLBT is ok / encourage witchcraft. The world is in a mess because leaders with no brains and common sense are in power.

2. I wouldnt advocate killing anyone. Just imprsion until sanity returns.
Trump talked about dumb leaders as well. He is very harsh but I'm actually starting to like him as he makes many valid points. So many elephants in the room he touches on and nobody else will address them thanks to the PC era we live in

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
mjrhealth said:
What murdering people because they wont conform, that is all that was about. Christians non christians alike, you dont conform you die. It was not hresy, teh church tha twas doing teh killing practised mot heresy tahn teh ones it was killing, and still si today.
The intention was good, the execution.... 3000 or so cases were not so good.

We must not fool ourselves, God has always and does always deal harshly with false teachers.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
Trump talked about dumb leaders as well. He is very harsh but I'm actually starting to like him as he makes many valid points. So many elephants in the room he touches on and nobody else will address them thanks to the PC era we live in
Agreed. If I was in the US I would vote for him. I don't believe he is highly intelligent. But he does have good employees, contacts and freedom from deals with lobbyists.

Jan 11, 2016
KingJ said:
Agreed. If I was in the US I would vote for him. I don't believe he is highly intelligent. But he does have good employees, contacts and freedom from deals with lobbyists.
Yeah, they did a study on all the candidates and it was determined that he spoke at a 3rd grade level; lowest of all candidates - but people relate to short choppy sentences, not long winded Marco Rubio speeches.

And he is highly successful so he already appealed to them prior to his campaign

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, they did a study on all the candidates and it was determined that he spoke at a 3rd grade level; lowest of all candidates - but people relate to short choppy sentences, not long winded Marco Rubio speeches.

And he is highly successful so he already appealed to them prior to his campaign
Look, it's WAY OFF the topic, but Microsoft Word had a function that you could highlight your text and it would determine the grade level you wrote at.

Just out of interest I cut and pasted a chapter out of the Bible and ran the test. The bible chapter I chose (did a few of them, actually) was either at a 3rd or 4th grade level.

My point is that it isn't sentance length, number of syllables in words or even how obscure words are that matters. Its the ideas and logic and wisdom behind it.

I've read that Carter is listed as one of the most intelligent presidents ever. Yet his presidency is widely noted as a failure. Washington and Lincoln have some of the poorest formal educations and were both "back woodsmen". They are celebrated as two of our best.

iakov

Jan 17, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Barrd said:
I think the RCC demonstrated what happens when any denomination has too much power.
Look up what the Puritan, Oliver Cromwell did.

But, when the Lord returns, it will truly be a theocracy unhindered by human frailty.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
iakov said:
Look up what the Puritan, Oliver Cromwell did.

But, when the Lord returns, it will truly be a theocracy unhindered by human frailty.
I found this disturbing line ''responsible for the majority of an estimated 600,000 deaths out of a total Irish population of 1,400,000''. Most, if not all Catholic I guess.