The Immaculate Conception Error!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
StanJ said:
Welcome Deborah...to bring you up to speed, you won't find ANY logic from kepha31...she's an inculcated RC, but your post is spot on.
I do believe Kepha is a "He" lol

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
MARY CONFESSED AND ACKNOWLED THAT SHE TOO NEEDED A SAVIOR LIKE ANY OTHER CHILD OF GOD!

We read in Luke 1:46-48:

46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,
47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.
48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

Note the underlined words in v. 47, she too needed a savior and is not exempt from the principles God had set forth in Ro 3:10, 23.

Then we hear a shout in Lu 11:27 from someone about Mary and said: Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked”

What was Jesus' reply?

Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it”.

MEANING, Jesus is affirming that Mary stands equal on the same ground with all true believers because the true believers are those who hear and keep the word of God!

Those who wants to elevate the status of Mary as equal to God and as a co-redemptrix are in danger of blasphemy, for God is the only entity that can forgive sins!

Mary is blessed because she is saved the ultimate gift from God.

To God Be The Glory

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
Guys you are being far too harsh on Catholics here.

If you study the OT properly with lateral thought you will see that God did all that was necessary to ensure that His plan for mankind's salvation was un-interrupted.

The red sea was in the way, so He parted it. Egypt lost all their firstborns. Canaanites, Hiitites, Amorites, Perzzites, Hivites and Jebusites all obliterated.

A belief that the person giving birth to 'God of the universe' needs to be properly sanctified is certainly inline with all the above. Not by any means an unforgiveable belief / one we need to jump on people for. Especially when they are able to write a post like Kepha has done.

Rom 14:5 One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
emekrus said:
I'm not out for any religious bashing or debates, I wrote strictly with a heart of love to save those that care to listen. And of course, accepting an instruction or not is a personal onus. It is not by force.
Thats' good. But I think you need to acknowledge that the two sources you used are doing that.

B

brakelite

There is a summary of the gospel that is to be preached to the people of the earth of the last days in Revelation 14. It says, Babylon is fallen, is fallen. Kepha needs to know why.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
The notion that Mary had no sin in her is patently ridiculous.
And what of Mary's mother...was she also "immaculate"? Her grandmother? Great-grandmother?
Just how far back does this sin-less condition go?

Or could it be that these ladies were "virtuous women"? Not "immaculate"...but just basically good people?

I have nothing but love in my heart for Kepha. I have several friends who are Catholic and who are very dear to me.
However, I could never be a Catholic myself. With all due apologies to Kepha et al, it's just too ridiculous a religion for me. Fathers and Brothers and Nuns, oh, my! Not allowed to marry, and why is anyone surprised that many "popes" actually had secret wives and children?

No, I do not believe that the original church was the RCC...I think it was more like the "communes" of the sixties, with everyone living together and sharing all that they had. But we have forgotten, in our time, how to do that...

I'm afraid that, when it comes down to it, I agree with Brakelite. Kepha....and so many others....needs to hear the truth about the RCC....before it is too late.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The Barrd said:
And what of Mary's mother...was she also "immaculate"? Her grandmother? Great-grandmother?

Or could it be that these ladies were "virtuous women"? Not "immaculate"...but just basically good people?

I have nothing but love in my heart for Kepha. I have several friends who are Catholic and who are very dear to me.
However, I could never be a Catholic myself. With all due apologies to Kepha et al, it's just too ridiculous a religion for me. Fathers and Brothers and Nuns, oh, my! Not allowed to marry, and why is anyone surprised that many "popes" actually had secret wives and children?

No, I do not believe that the original church was the RCC...I think it was more like the "communes" of the sixties, with everyone living together and sharing all that they had. But we have forgotten, in our time, how to do that...

I'm afraid that, when it comes down to it, I agree with Brakelite. Kepha....and so many others....needs to hear the truth about the RCC....before it is too late.
As with most religions, those that are inculcated into it WON'T listen. I was RC when I was saved, and left because I SAW that there was far to much false teaching and contradictions in their theology to fight against within the denom.
God draws us all, and I'm fairly convince that by the time a RC comes to a site like this, they have already refused to accept the true savior and word of God in lieu of their dogmatic religion.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
The Barrd said:

The faith teaching in charismatic churches is a lot worse then anything RC. I know some that stick to RC purerly because of that.

emekrus

Apr 18, 2015
Nigeria
Faith
Christian
Country
Nigeria
KingJ said:
The faith teaching in charismatic churches is a lot worse then anything RC. I know some that stick to RC purerly because of that.
It disheartens me a great deal to hear folks who call themselves Christians with the Bible as their companion kick against the word of faith, and would rather prefer to stick to some erroneus doctrines that are anti-scriptural. When all the gospel is summed up in the scriptures as the word of faith. If these folks have anything against the preachers of the word of faith, it seems to me, they might as well have problem with the Bible and the Apostle Paul's teachings.

Here is what the apostle Paul refers to the entire gospel in the Book of Romans 10: 8;

"But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach."

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
emekrus said:
It disheartens me a great deal to hear folks who call themselves Christians with the Bible as their companion kick against the word of faith, and would rather prefer to stick to some erroneus doctrines that are anti-scriptural. When all the gospel is summed up in the scriptures as the word of faith. If these folks have anything against the preachers of the word of faith, it seems to me, they might as well have problem with the Bible and the Apostle Paul's teachings.

Here is what the apostle Paul refers to the entire gospel in the Book of Romans 10: 8;

"But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach."
You will find many here who go extremist when it comes to anything remotely attached to the charismatic movement. You will also find ALL of them have NEVER experienced the baptism of the Holy Spirit as evidenced in Acts by Paul and others.
Best to ignore them.

emekrus

Apr 18, 2015
Nigeria
Faith
Christian
Country
Nigeria
StanJ said:
You will find many here who go extremist when it comes to anything remotely attached to the charismatic movement. You will also find ALL of them have NEVER experienced the baptism of the Holy Spirit as evidenced in Acts by Paul and others.
Best to ignore them.
Thanks Sir, I'll heed your advice. But very soon, I'll open a thread to explain to these folks what the 'word of faith' is all about from scriptural perspective. And those who will care to accept the truth will; and the ones that won't, I'll totally ignore them forever.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
emekrus said:

So, what happens if the believer is not financially blessed? His fault for not believing hard enough?
There are "word of faith" folks who actually sneak out of town in order to get the medical care they need. God forbid that their church ever find out that they weren't miraculously healed, and needed a doctor's care.

No, I'm sorry...you found a verse that contains the words "word of faith"....but that is not the same thing as showing how the Bible teaches the so-called "word of faith movement".

As I've said, over and over again, I live in the deep south...not too far from Pensacola. Right smack in the middle of Pentecostal territory.
I have actually spoken with people who have "faked" serious illnesses, so that Benny Hinn could "heal" them.
And that is only the tip of the ice berg.

Now, I'm not saying that miracles do not still happen, or that the Holy Spirit has stopped giving spiritual gifts to people. I am saying, however, that about 90% (and maybe more) of the nonsense that you see in these churches is as phony as a three dollar bill.

If you want to play fantasy games, hey...go for it. But, fapeetsakes, lay off the guilt trip.

And what the heck is up with the whole "slain in the spirit" thing?

Reactions: KingJ

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
emekrus said:
Thanks Sir, I'll heed your advice. But very soon, I'll open a thread to explain to these folks what the 'word of faith' is all about from scriptural perspective. And those who will care to accept the truth will; and the ones that won't, I'll totally ignore them forever.
Well I wasn't advocating you go that far. :) I just meant there are some here who REACT to the CHARISMA rather than look for the good in it. As usual in the Christian experience, those who don't have the perspective of who and what the Holy Spirit really is, ANOTHER Advocate to replace Jesus, won't really get it. I look forward to reading your thread.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The Barrd said:
So, what happens if the believer is not financially blessed? His fault for not believing hard enough?
There are "word of faith" folks who actually sneak out of town in order to get the medical care they need. God forbid that their church ever find out that they weren't miraculously healed, and needed a doctor's care.

No, I'm sorry...you found a verse that contains the words "word of faith"....but that is not the same thing as showing how the Bible teaches the so-called "word of faith movement".

As I've said, over and over again, I live in the deep south...not too far from Pensacola. Right smack in the middle of Pentecostal territory.
I have actually spoken with people who have "faked" serious illnesses, so that Benny Hinn could "heal" them.
And that is only the tip of the ice berg.

Now, I'm not saying that miracles do not still happen, or that the Holy Spirit has stopped giving spiritual gifts to people. I am saying, however, that about 90% (and maybe more) of the nonsense that you see in these churches is as phony as a three dollar bill.

If you want to play fantasy games, hey...go for it. But, fapeetsakes, lay off the guilt trip.

And what the heck is up with the whole "slain in the spirit" thing?
I think if you TOOK the time to investigate these issues, rather then get RAECTIONARY about them, you would better understand. My mother-in-law was exactly like you until I showed her what the differences were and she SAW for her self, how real it was.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
StanJ said:
I think if you TOOK the time to investigate these issues, rather then get RAECTIONARY about them, you would better understand. My mother-in-law was exactly like you until I showed her what the differences were and she SAW for her self, how real it was.
Nobody is mocking charismatic churches. Many are good. Then many are quite literally mad.

I am baptised and speak in tongues often too.

Anyways, I think this discussion is best left for emkrus's new thread.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
emekrus said:

Open a thread on it. This would make for a good discussion.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
emekrus said:

On second thoughts I will open a thread. I just need to get the header right.

''Satanism in the church'', ''the great falling away'', ''the worst pulpit message in history'', ''Who needs Jesus when you have faith'', ''Christians with super powers''.

I am leaning toward the first.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
StanJ said:
What did you show her?