The Indictment

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mr.Bride

Jan 31, 2013
The Southern Carolinas
68 And my indictment is against the churches of today. Now I—I'm not bringing the sinner into this. I'm just speaking this to the church. And it's—it's to be in the—the—the tapes now, and I—I'll try to get through as quick as I can. I indict this generation for the second crucifixion of Jesus Christ.
69 And now to do this in this age that we live in, I—I do this, I must show an evidence. If I have to bring an indictment, you have to show an evidence of the criminal offense that has been done. I—I have, to indict them, I—I have to bring the—the evidence to prove it, that it is, that what I'm saying will stand up before the main Judge. Which, and I take myself as an attorney to… on this indictment. That, the Word of God, being my witness, I indict this generation for the crucifixion.
70 I must show, and will show, that the same spirit is on the people today that brought the first crucifixion, and doing the same thing. I—I must do that, if it's going to be a crucifixion, that they've crucified. I must show to the—the people that the same attitude in the people today is doing the same thing, spiritually, that they did physically then. They crucified, physically, Jesus Christ, the Son of God. And now, today, by the same Word, and by the—the same Holy Spirit and the same Word, I—I wish to show the churches there—there where they stand, that they are doing the same thing today, and the Bible said they would do it, and prove that this is the day that we're living in.
71 It could not been done a few years ago. I say, fifty years ago it could not a-been done, but today this is very timely. And it could not have been done, maybe, ten years ago, but it can be done today because the—the time is run out. We are—we are at the end time. And I believe, as His servant, that we are—we are just about to cross from this land, to Another.
72 Therefore, the time for repentance, for a nation, it's gone. I believe that this nation cannot repent. I believe that it's crossed the line between mercy and judgment. I believe she is toddling in the balance.
73 "Brother Branham, before you start your case, how you going to prove that?"
74 Just this, that we are guilty of the same sins that God destroyed the world by, in the antediluvian world. We're guilty of the same sins that He destroyed the world in Sodom and Gomorrah. And, now, and we got all the same spiritual evidence laying here before us, all the same spiritual evidence, worldwide known, that brought down the mercies of God upon those generations. That, also, to reject, brought judgment. So if this generation has rejected the same mercy that was spurned in them days, God would be unjust to let them get by without judgment.
75 As Jack Moore, a friend of mine, once said, "If this nation gets by without a punishment from God, then God would be obligated to raise up Sodom and Gomorrah and apologize for burning them up."
76 Now, we know that spiritually they're doing the same thing today, for they are doing it, too, for the same purpose, and in the same way that they did in the crucifixion of the Lord, physically. They are doing it because of jealousy, because of spiritual blindness. That, they don't want to see. They won't listen to It.
77 Jesus, in His journey here on earth, He said, "Well did Isaiah speak of you, 'You got eyes and can't see, and ears and can't hear.'" See?
78 The same reason, the same—the same purpose and the same reasonings, they're bringing the crucifixion of Christ anew, afresh, (as we'll get to it after a while), for the same reasons that they did then.
79 They cannot find nothing against It. They are daresn't to try to challenge It. And they know the evidence is there. And they know the Bible says so. And the only thing they can do is blaspheme It. That's exactly. So, and all this, the same reasons.

63-0707M - "The Indictment"
Rev. William Marrion Branham