Why every Christian has to stand before Judgement

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like the Jews when they were waiting for the Messiah, Christians have their own ideas of what will happen before Jesus comes, including who will be judged and when. People as a given, tend to look to self as their first priority and see what they want to see, usually for their own liking rather than what the scripture shows them. When Christ first came, many of the Jews wanted a Messiah to save them from the Romans and other local problems, not tell them about sin and repenting. Israel really wanted only the glory and prestige of a Messiah as King, they didn't want Him asking them to surrender their hearts and wills to Him. They didn't want to give up their greedy ambitions, or power, wealth and pleasures, they didn't want to part with sin they cherished and the bondage of iniquity. They wanted a free ride and instant gratification that didnt make them give up any sin, indulgence of self pleasure or lust, so to submit themselves to the divine was not what they wanted.

When the Messiah came, they wanted no atoner for sins, they wanted a conquering king and as many Christians today, in no way surrender their lives to Christ and part with their pet sins. That is a hard message especially in these last days for Christians, and then to be judged, that really is devastating, they want a free ride to heaven, no judgement. So we will be judged? Lets take a look at what the Bible shows..
Daniel 7:9-10
9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.
10 A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.

2 Corinthians 5:10
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Romans 14:10
But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

Romans 14:12
So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

So everyone including those who have done good, or those who have done bad, will be before the judgement seat and the scriptures even tells us who it begins with..

1 Peter 4:17
For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Now the reason it begins with the 'house of God' is that at the Second Coming the saints will be separated from the wicked..
Matthew 25:31-34
31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

Daniel 7:22
Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.

And who this is..
John 5:22
For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

And nothing will be kept secret from Him...
Romans 2:16
In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

Ecclesiastes 12:13-14
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Some say it's only the wicked that are judged, but the Bible clearly indicts that all will appear before the judgment seat of Christ, those who truly believe will be judged worthy by the blood of the Lamb. others will receive the judgment of condemnation.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now we are given warning that this judgement is coming and even when it begins at the 'house of God'.
Revelation 14:6-7
6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

Daniel 8:14
And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

And we are even given the details of how decisions are being made in that judgment in Revelation 14:6-7 that is going on now while the everlasting gospel is being preached to the whole world.
Romans 2:1-16
1 Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.
2 But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things.
3 And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?
4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?
5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
11 For there is no respect of persons with God.
12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another
16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

And Christ gave warning..
Matthew 5:22
But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Matthew 7:2
For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

And His judgement is true and just...
John 5:30
I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

John 8:16
And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now when will judgement begin with the 'house of God', well Daniel gave us the answer. Daniel received several visions from God that described future scenes in the heavenly sanctuary. And just as the daily sacrifice on earth was designed to point the Jews to the Messiah’s death for their sins, so their yearly Day of Atonement pointed forward to another of His works in His mission to redeem humanity, the final work of the High Priest in the heavenly sanctuary.

Daniel 8:14
And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

The cleansing of the earthly sanctuary took place on the Day of Atonement, and on that day, God’s people were identified as belonging to Him and the record of their sins was removed. Those who clung to sin, however, were cut off, and here we are given the prophecy of what Christ will do in the heavenly sanctuary as our High Priest and when this cleansing would begin. We already know where it begins with.

So when asked how long God’s people and the sanctuary would be 'trodden under foot', the angel replied: 'For two thousand three hundred days; then the sanctuary shall be cleansed'. So the reply was that the sanctuary in heaven, when looking at the 'house of God' or God’s church on earth, would experience a cleansing after 2,300 prophetic days, which is 2,300 literal years. So this is when the investigative judgement would begin, and is the part where God decides who is saved and who is not saved. After all, at some point, the decision has to be made of who is a saint or sinner, and it makes no sense to judge sinners after they've already received condemnation or their sentence of death.

The 70 week prophecy establishes the beginning of the 2300 days, and because the last week of the prophecy involves the death of Christ, for which we have a date, we can be fairly certain about the starting date of the 2300 day prophecy, and therefore we would also know the ending date of the prophecy. If you carefully examine the verse, you'll see it says that it says "the sanctuary shall be cleansed." In the Bible, the sanctuary was only cleansed on one day of the year, Yom Kippur, or the Day of Atonement. On that day, the sin that has built up in the sanctuary is taken out of the sanctuary and placed upon the scapegoat, and the people of Israel are cleansed of their sins. And we see in Leviticus 23:26-30, where it says that the people who did not deny themselves on that day are cut off and destroyed.
Leviticus 23:26-30
26 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,
27 Also on the tenth day of this seventh month there shall be a day of atonement: it shall be an holy convocation unto you; and ye shall afflict your souls, and offer an offering made by fire unto the Lord.
28 And ye shall do no work in that same day: for it is a day of atonement, to make an atonement for you before the Lord your God.
29 For whatsoever soul it be that shall not be afflicted in that same day, he shall be cut off from among his people.
30 And whatsoever soul it be that doeth any work in that same day, the same soul will I destroy from among his people.

So in short, during this time period after the 2300 years, a 'day of atonement' is taking place in heaven, during which all of the sins throughout all of Earth's history are being cleansed by the blood of Christ, and being placed on the scapegoat, and the people who did not repent will be cut off and destroyed. Thus, Christ's Second Coming will end this 'day of atonement' and He will come and redeem those who have been judged as covered by the blood of the lamb and worthy of eternal life.

So God is calling His people today, to prepare themselves and repent and be cleansed of sin. We are living now in the time of the heavenly Day of Atonement, a day in which all people should assess their lives and repent of their sins. So they do not join in the fate of Babylon and go into perdition..

Revelation 19:2
For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.

Revelation 20:12
And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Some say it's only the wicked that are judged, but the Bible clearly indicts that all will appear before the judgment seat of Christ,

Its only for Christians....... and no born again will be judged there for "sin", as Jesus has already been judged for your sin, 2000 yrs ago, which is why you are at this "bema" seat, and not at the Great White Throne judgement, where THEY who died never born again, will face God's Judgment.

Reactions: Adrift

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its only for Christians....... and no born again will be judged there for "sin", as Jesus has already been judged for your sin, 2000 yrs ago, which is why you are at this "bema" seat, and not at the Great White Throne judgement, where THEY who died never born again, will face God's Judgment.
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ;

"we",......... are the born again.

If you are not born again, Reader, then you will NOT be found at this "rewards" Judgement. You are not one of the "we".

Now keep reading and i'll open 2 Corinthians 5:10 for you, Reader.

that every one may receive the things done in his body

Notice reader.. "done in HIS Body"..

"HIS body"..

"HIS"..

= "The BODY of Christ.........."

What you've done for God....= """.in HIS BODY.""...

What you have done as a Christian, for Jesus.... will be evaluated... at the "judgment seat of Christ"..

See it?

, according to that he hath done,

That's you... you're that one.

whether it be good or bad.

Reader, if you are born again, you are a part of "the BODY of Christ" or as the verse said....>"HIS Body".

See it?

So, that is to be "in Christ"... and all the born again, are "in Christ"...

If you are not "in Christ" then you are still in your sin, unforgiven, and you need to go to JESUS right now and BELIEVE.... and Let God take that Blood of Jesus and wash your sin's away.......>"white as snow".........as if you've never sinned.

WELCOME TO SALVATION.......Its JUST LIKE THAT.

Do you have it yet?

No ????????????

= Then....."today is the day of Salvation for all who will BELIEVE in Jesus".

Reader, This can be your 2nd Birth Day, ... .and its "eternal.....LIFE".

You are invited to trust in Christ .. right now... .......and God told me to tell you that.

Now for those of us who are already born again, we are in "HIS Body", that is the "Body of Christ" an that is the " Bride of Christ" which is the True "Church".

So, we down here, the Born again... are supposed to "present your body as a living sacrifice to GOD.. which is our/your reasonable SERVICE"..

Are you in that Service, ????
Of course you are, and you are to be doing some good ("works") deeds, all the time.. and you will be rewarded for them, at the "judgement seat of Christ" once you are Raptured or you Die... (Hebrews 9:27).

And Reader.... it can be that you sometimes do some bad stuff, (carnal behavior)... and when you do that, you are still in "His Body".

Understand?

So, good or bad, right or wrong.......your deeds are done in "HIS Body", the "Body of Christ"... and you will meet Jesus and face that... and so, you need to live your LIFE from now on.... knowing that is coming to you.
Listen,
If you take what im telling you to heart,...regarding the Judgment Seat, it will help you stay focused on Your CHRISTianity, much much more.
Do it.

Listen,
Your heart motive will be evaluated at the Judgement Seat of Christ.... as "wood, hay, stubble" , or "precious stones, silver, and gold".
Jesus is going to look into your Motives for all you ever did for God and Christ... .as ... = Did you do it to get attention, or a bigger cash flow, or to chase a "position in the Church"?

Or did you serve Jesus and God our Father, from a pure heart of love, only wanting to please them, as your MOTIVE, = In Your Heart.

Jesus is going to take a look at all your works..., at the 'bema seat" = "the Judgement seat of Christ".
So, there will be no hiding there.
All the pretense will END on that day.

See, down here, you find some really smart people.. "clever devil's" and they can talk you into their Frenzy and have you believing that just because they post a Video, or Pastor a Church, then they must be "of God".

Study Luke 11:35, and Hebrews 13:9, and then take a good long look around a "christian" forum, or your "local assembly".
God will show you the dark lights vs the Children of the Light.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well,
Let me just say this....

I (or you) will know how things are going to go by looking at Jesus.
Is He standing or sitting?

If He is standing to honor your arrival....you are in like Flynn. Dance and sing all you like.

If He is sitting at the right hand of God the Father (your left) you can try to explain BUT it's not likely going to do you any good. (Omniscience is a bugger)

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
If He is sitting at the right hand of God the Father (your left) you can try to explain BUT it's not likely going to do you any good. (Omniscience is a bugger)

@JohnDB ... Reading what you write, is like watching a fish flopping on the beach, in the Sun, trying to dance on ice.

Listen...

Jesus is Seated at the Right Hand of the Father, and He's also, "Christ is that Spirit", who is "if i be lifted up (on the Cross) i will Draw ALL PEOPLE TO ME"...

Christ is also... "Christ IN YOU, the Hope of Glory".. .and Christ is also... "If you have not the Spirit of Christ in you, then you are none of God's".

And Christ IN YOU< is WHY the born again are all become "The Temple of the Holy Spirit"..

And in John 20:22, Jesus BREATHED on the Apostles and said.. "Receive you the Holy Spirit" and He was giving Them Himself., which is exactly the same as : Genesis 2:7

And when Peter was told... "tarry in Jerusalem until Pentecost", it was because "Christ is that SPIRIT" was about to "come down from Heaven" as "the Comforter".

So, JohnDB, the reason you can't understand anything i just wrote, (tho you might pretend you can).... isn't because im not able to teach it.. its because you have no ears to hear it.

Perhaps, a good idea is for you to figure that out.

Last edited:

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@JohnDB ... Reading what you write, is like watching a fish flopping on the beach, in the Sun, trying to dance on ice.

Listen...

Jesus is Seated at the Right Hand of the Father, and He's also, "Christ is that Spirit", who is "if i be lifted up (on the Cross) i will Draw ALL PEOPLE TO ME"...

Christ is also... "Christ IN YOU, the Hope of Glory".. .and Christ is also... "If you have not the Spirit of Christ in you, then you are none of God's".

And Christ IN YOU< is WHY the born again are all become "The Temple of the Holy Spirit"..

And in John 20:22, Jesus BREATHED on the Apostles and said.. "Receive you the Holy Spirit" and He was giving Them Himself., which is exactly the same as : Genesis 2:7

And when Peter was told... "tarry in Jerusalem until Pentecost", it was because "Christ is that SPIRIT" was about to "come down from Heaven" as "the Comforter".

So, JohnDB, the reason you can't understand anything i just wrote, (tho you might pretend you can).... isn't because im not able to teach it.. its because you have no ears to hear it.

So explain what Stephen said during his stoning and then what Jesus said to the elders and leaders before being Crucified.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"we",......... are the born again.

If you are not born again, Reader, then you will NOT be found at this "rewards" Judgement. You are not one of the "we".

Now keep reading and i'll open 2 Corinthians 5:10 for you, Reader.

Notice reader.. "done in HIS Body"..

"HIS body"..

"HIS"..

= "The BODY of Christ.........."

What you've done for God....= """.in HIS BODY.""...

What you have done as a Christian, for Jesus.... will be evaluated... at the "judgment seat of Christ"..

See it?

That's you... you're that one.

Reader, if you are born again, you are a part of "the BODY of Christ" or as the verse said....>"HIS Body".

See it?

So, that is to be "in Christ"... and all the born again, are "in Christ"...

If you are not "in Christ" then you are still in your sin, unforgiven, and you need to go to JESUS right now and BELIEVE.... and Let God take that Blood of Jesus and wash your sin's away.......>"white as snow".........as if you've never sinned.

WELCOME TO SALVATION.......Its JUST LIKE THAT.

Do you have it yet?

No ????????????

= Then....."today is the day of Salvation for all who will BELIEVE in Jesus".

Reader, This can be your 2nd Birth Day, ... .and its "eternal.....LIFE".

You are invited to trust in Christ .. right now... .......and God told me to tell you that.

Now for those of us who are already born again, we are in "HIS Body", that is the "Body of Christ" an that is the " Bride of Christ" which is the True "Church".

So, we down here, the Born again... are supposed to "present your body as a living sacrifice to GOD.. which is our/your reasonable SERVICE"..

Are you in that Service, ????
Of course you are, and you are to be doing some good ("works") deeds, all the time.. and you will be rewarded for them, at the "judgement seat of Christ" once you are Raptured or you Die... (Hebrews 9:27).

And Reader.... it can be that you sometimes do some bad stuff, (carnal behavior)... and when you do that, you are still in "His Body".

Understand?

So, good or bad, right or wrong.......your deeds are done in "HIS Body", the "Body of Christ"... and you will meet Jesus and face that... and so, you need to live your LIFE from now on.... knowing that is coming to you.
Listen,
If you take what im telling you to heart,...regarding the Judgment Seat, it will help you stay focused on Your CHRISTianity, much much more.
Do it.

Listen,
Your heart motive will be evaluated at the Judgement Seat of Christ.... as "wood, hay, stubble" , or "precious stones, silver, and gold".
Jesus is going to look into your Motives for all you ever did for God and Christ... .as ... = Did you do it to get attention, or a bigger cash flow, or to chase a "position in the Church"?

Or did you serve Jesus and God our Father, from a pure heart of love, only wanting to please them, as your MOTIVE, = In Your Heart.

Jesus is going to take a look at all your works..., at the 'bema seat" = "the Judgement seat of Christ".
So, there will be no hiding there.
All the pretense will END on that day.

See, down here, you find some really smart people.. "clever devil's" and they can talk you into their Frenzy and have you believing that just because they post a Video, or Pastor a Church, then they must be "of God".

Study Luke 11:35, and Hebrews 13:9, and then take a good long look around a "christian" forum, or your "local assembly".
God will show you the dark lights vs the Children of the Light.
It doesnt say 'born again', or just the 'good' or just the 'bad', it says 'all'...

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Listen...

I did listen and read and understood what you said btw....
Explain in detail what Stephen said....either his statement was a lie or it was the truth.

And either scripture is wrong or you are wrong. I'm gonna go with scripture. YMMV.