The Insanity of the "right" to have guns!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
America has lost its moral compass.

It’s dead already.

It’s filled with abominable perverts.

The politicians are corrupt.

The churches in America are filled with heretical teachings.

“…and my people love to have it so: and what will ye do in the end thereof?” (Jeremiah 5:31)

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sometimes I think these crimes are created to take away our gun rights, it's part of our heritage and history it's how we won the war and independence, and why that right is in our constitution to begin with.

Make guns illegal and only the criminals will have guns.

It is probably too late now for a complete ban of weapons, as the criminal class have already millions in their possession. it is sad that this has become a major problem in your country, as many thousands have died needlessly, due to weapons being available so freely.

Jesus Christ is this worlds ONLY real Hope!

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
America has lost its moral compass.

It’s dead already.

It’s filled with abominable perverts.

The politicians are corrupt.

The churches in America are filled with heretical teachings.

“…and my people love to have it so: and what will ye do in the end thereof?” (Jeremiah 5:31)

John MacArthur did an interesting study, "When God Abandons a Nation"

Reactions: Wrangler

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is probably too late now for a complete ban of weapons, as the criminal class have already millions in their possession. it is sad that this has become a major problem in your country, as many thousands have died needlessly, due to weapons being available so freely.

What good did it do to make guns illegal in your country? The criminals have only found other ways to kill, like ramming a car into a crowd, or explosives, guns are not the problem, the criminal will always find a way to kill.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what is your solution? Disarm all law abiding citizens (Christians and non-Christians alike) in America so that only criminals will have guns and law abiding citizens will be helpless?

e1819ccc6515bd1a19911eaa09083389.jpg

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are not from America, it's in our constitution and our right, and because some nut commits a crime does not mean that right should be taken away.

Remember if they take away that right only the criminals will have guns as they don't abide by the law and apply for permits and licenses, so things would get worse very fast.

You know, there is not a lot you can do for crazy. We do not have the mental asylums that we use to have....remember the white ambulances and the men with the straight jackets.....HIPA makes being crazy a secret...They walk the streets medicated with drugs that can make them suicidal or homicidal.

Ya know it surprises me that with all these mass shootings that no one seems to be carrying a gun. Most of the time I open carry a .45 and I was in Walmart one time and a police officer asked me if Walmart allowed people to carry in the store. And I smiled and told him that the greeter at the door thanked me for carrying.

Stores like Walmart, Kosko, JC Penney, Target will not have signs that say no firearms. It is a legal issue...If they disarm you and something happens in the store....they are 100% liable, as in larger settlement. Of course some will say no open carry.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnPaul

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To all:

Many go by their guns because that is all they have ever known. One must say... I must carry a gun because of some crazy who may shoot up the store. Well, somebody who drives badly can just as also equally kill you and others. What if somebody hits you in the back of the head while your not looking in the store and they use your gun to kill everyone in the store? What if you passed out and or died and the same thing happens? So how helpful was your weapon? It wasn't. Your weapon led to the death of others. People here act like God is not in control of what happens in life and God is not capable of protecting His people (If God desires that).

Job 1:21 says, “...the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.”

But the gun carrier does not believe these words in Scripture. They think God has left us to fend for ourselves and God is not capable of protecting us anymore.

Psalms 91:10-11 says,
“There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.”

Psalms 91:12 (BSB) says,
“They will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.”

Romans 8:28
“And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.”

But the key question is: How can we love God if we don't love our neighbor?
Christ was willing to lay down his life in sacrifice for others.
Jesus did not use violence upon others to carry out God's plan of salvation upon the cross.
Jesus died as a sacrifice of love as an example for us all.

Matthew 5:44-45
“But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.”

Colossians 1:21 NIV
“Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior.”

We while were once enemies of God (in our old life before coming to God), if we continue in the faith, by the body of his flesh and in his death, we are holy, blameless and beyond any rebuke or disapproval (See: Colossians 1:22).

God gives us His grace and His love and favor (While we were enemies before). God gave us a chance. How much more should we give a chance to those who also seem undeserving or who seem without any hope?

This is why we are to love our enemies to lead them to the cross and grace of Jesus Christ, so that they too can be saved. But if we shoot them, we shut up grace for them. We leave them with no hope.

If my life ends up being a sacrifice for Christ and that leads a person to Christ by my death, praise the Lord Jesus Christ. May He get all the glory. Praise Him!

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I don’t think a complete ban on weapons will ever happen. Maybe a greater restriction on gun laws might happen (by some slim chance), but who is going to enforce it? The floodgates to the guns have been opened. One cannot surely take the guns away from those who already have them. But I don’t think talking about gun restriction laws or providing statistics (Between one country and another) is really going to do any good on our part; Especially in these last days (When many have buried their moral compass). Just as those who protest in the streets don’t really change anything. This would be a humanist way of dealing with things. Politicians ultimately make these kinds of decisions that is out of our hands. I believe there is a better way for us to redirect our efforts. I believe one aspect of our mission is to preach the Word (2 Timothy 4:2). Non-Violence is taught by the Lord Jesus Christ and His followers in the New Testament. We can preach this teaching from His Word to other believers. That is our part to play. Hardened gun carriers don’t like that message and so they modify or cram this idea into New Testament Scripture so as to fit their old man way of thinking. It’s hard for people to let go of their old unbelieving ways. It’s all they have ever known. It does not make any sense to them to obey Jesus on Non-Violence even when you explain it to them. They don’t get it. Post #450 is a perfect example of this. You explain it, and it just goes over their head (No offense JohnPaul - big hug to you). Anyways, they are not capable of understanding it unless they just accept what Jesus and His followers taught (involving Non-Violence). Once they accept the Lord’s teaching, then they will be able to see. But until then… they are never going to get it. They don’t understand we fight a spiritual war and not a physical one (2 Corinthians 10:4). They don’t understand that to live is Christ, and to die is gain. They don’t understand that a believer sacrificing His life for Christ can potentially lead others to Christ.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim B

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Loving you neighbor or enemy who has a gun and you don’t might get you killed, at least if you have a gun you have a chance

Unlike yourself, when Jesus said to love your neighbor He didn't put any qualifications on it.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To all:

Some may argue that Luke 22:36 is an example of Jesus saying we can defend ourselves with a sword (with Jesus rebuking Peter using the sword being an exception or isolated incident). But the problem is that we don’t read anywhere later in the New Testament about how the apostles had picked up their swords to attack others. In fact, we read the exact opposite happening. They were persecuted and they took it. When rocks were thrown at them (Acts of the Apostles 7:58-59) (Acts of the Apostles 14:19), they did not throw those rocks back at their attackers. In fact, Stephen said to the Lord not to hold such a sin of stoning against his attackers. The apostles took beatings (Acts of the Apostles 5:40), and they did not try to beat their attackers back. No swords were picked up. Nothing. No swords to be found in these NT stories of the apostles. In fact, even the history of the early church records how believers were persecuted and they did not take up arms to fight back. So one has to add one’s own imagination to the Bible and add their own thoughts to early church history in order to defend the idea of Violent Self Defense.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know, there is not a lot you can do for crazy. We do not have the mental asylums that we use to have....remember the white ambulances and the men with the straight jackets.....HIPA makes being crazy a secret...They walk the streets medicated with drugs that can make them suicidal or homicidal.

Ya know it surprises me that with all these mass shootings that no one seems to be carrying a gun. Most of the time I open carry a .45 and I was in Walmart one time and a police officer asked me if Walmart allowed people to carry in the store. And I smiled and told him that the greeter at the door thanked me for carrying.

Stores like Walmart, Kosko, JC Penney, Target will not have signs that say no firearms. It is a legal issue...If they disarm you and something happens in the store....they are 100% liable, as in larger settlement. Of course some will say no open carry.
Why do you open carry? It just makes people nervous. Get a concealed permit.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To all:

Some may argue that Luke 22:36 is an example of Jesus saying we can defend ourselves with a sword (with Jesus rebuking Peter using the sword being an exception or isolated incident). But the problem is that we don’t read anywhere later in the New Testament about how the apostles had picked up their swords to attack others. In fact, we read the exact opposite happening. They were persecuted and they took it. When rocks were thrown at them (Acts of the Apostles 7:58-59) (Acts of the Apostles 14:19), they did not throw those rocks back at their attackers. In fact, Stephen said to the Lord not to hold such a sin of stoning against his attackers. The apostles took beatings (Acts of the Apostles 5:40), and they did not try to beat their attackers back. No swords were picked up. Nothing. No swords to be found in these NT stories of the apostles. In fact, even the history of the early church records how believers were persecuted and they did not take up arms to fight back. So one has to add one’s own imagination to the Bible and add their own thoughts to early church history in order to defend the idea of Violent Self Defense.
Had David not had his sling and stone Goliath would’ve killed him, so self defense is not against the Bible, I’d rather have a chance then trying to win Someone who is trying to kill me over to Christ.

Jesus was not a hippy as man of you portray him to be, surely he wouldn’t want us to be sitting ducks.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Find a denomination that does not pray for the Holy Spirit to guide them.....is it about how you hold your mouth....
Do you want name the denomination that has not received the Holy Spirit? Or are you the only one that has received the Holy Spirit?

Check it out...
When you do you will find that I am wrong.....about 15 years ago I did a hang count and came up with 30,000 denominations worldwide...I new then that there was more than that.....The count right now is over 50,000 denominations.
Not sure how useful that information could really be. Can there really be 50,000 different ways to interpret the basic tenets of Christianity? There's got to be some duplication in there. Just sayin'.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Had David not had his sling and stone Goliath would’ve killed him, so self defense is not against the Bible, I’d rather have a chance then trying to win Someone who is trying to kill me over to Christ.

Jesus was not a hippy as man of you portray him to be, surely he wouldn’t want us to be sitting ducks.

Jesus will return using great violence. No doubt about it. But the saints who follow Him have already lived out their faith.

Anyways, we are not under the Old Testament ways anymore. We don’t sacrifice animals anymore, keep holy days, etcetera. Jesus taught Non-Violence during His earthly ministry. The burden of proof is on you to prove otherwise that Jesus and His followers under the NEW TESTAMENT taught Violent Self Defense. You can point in the Old Testament until the cows come home, but obviously we don’t have to build an Ark like Noah. That applied to him and his time. The same is true with the example you gave.

I mean, how do you reconcile or explain 2 Corinthians 10:4? The short answer is you can’t explain it. You would have to distort it to fit your belief.
This is why encourage you to look at the New Testament only. What did the apostles do when they were beaten, and or when rocks were thrown at them? Did they take up swords to fight back? Do you read about that in the New Testament?

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure how useful that information could really be. Can there really be 50,000 different ways to interpret the basic tenets of Christianity? There's got to be some duplication in there. Just sayin'.

He is using this as a case against Bible alone (plus the Anointing to Understand It) as our sole guide for all matters of faith and practice. If there were 50,000 interpretations on a airplane blueprint, it would not undo the fact that the designer had only one set interpretation or meaning in mind. He is implying that we cannot know the Bible alone with the help of GOD if we study it on our own. He thinks salvation can happen outside the Bible. This is why I disagree strongly with him. His authority is not in the right place. Christians generally agree that the Bible Alone (Plus the Anointing to Understand It) is the sole guide for all matters of faith and practice.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is using this as a case against Bible alone (plus the Anointing to Understand It) as our sole guide for all matters of faith and practice. If there were 50,000 interpretations on a airplane blueprint, it would not undo the fact that the designer had only one set interpretation or meaning in mind. He is implying that we cannot know the Bible alone with the help of GOD if we study it on our own. He thinks salvation can happen outside the Bible. This is why I disagree strongly with him. His authority is not in the right place. Christians generally agree that the Bible Alone (Plus the Anointing to Understand It) is the sole guide for all matters of faith and practice.
"He, he, he, him, his." What are you telling me for? All I ever talk about is the Sabbath, anyway. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.