The Insanity of the "right" to have guns!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I read and understood what you said.

Then my friend. If you believe that all things work together for good to those who love God (Romans 8:28), then the scenario you describe does not exist for such a believer or if they are faced with a challenging life situation with violent men, then God has a greater plan for good in it that we cannot see. But all things work for good to those who love God so no gun is needed. Christians were beaten and stoned. They did not fight back with swords. Read the New Testament, my friend. You will read all about how Christians were persecuted and not about how they fought back.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s called preaching the Word and relaying to you my account of what SDA’s believe. It’s nothing personal.

It is surely personal with you. I have nothing bad to say about SDA and you did not answer my question; what's wrong with the SDA’s always talking about the Sabbath at every chance they get? Just because it is not your way does not make it the wrong way.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is surely personal with you. I have nothing bad to say about SDA and you did not answer my question; what's wrong with the SDA’s always talking about the Sabbath at every chance they get? Just because it is not your way does not make it the wrong way.

I answered you with Scripture. Please go back and read the verses I posted.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is that a problem? I do not believe the Son of God came to be executed on a tree to allow us to violate the 10C with impunity.

To quote Thomas Jefferson, 'such beliefs neither pick my pocket nor break my bones.'

I don't know what you mean about real test in comparison to violating the 10C to test God's Grace?

The way it was explained to me is that BC, man tried to uphold the law on his own power; AD men have Supernatural, Divine Grace to follow the Will of God without straining every muscle fighting one's own nature.

Even though this has strayed from the OP's issue of owning guns I will say this: the Sabbath is nothing more than a day off. That was unknown in ancient times. And Jesus clearly showed that Sabbath observance takes second place to human needs and compassion.

End of discussion about the sabbath in this thread!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I answered you with Scripture. Please go back and read the verses I posted.
I don't go on website forums to read Scripture but conversation. If you cannot answer the question, put your big boy pants on and admit it - in your own words.

Or answer the question in your own words (with references to Scripture if you want).

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is that a problem? I do not believe the Son of God came to be executed on a tree to allow us to violate the 10C with impunity.

Only 9 out of the 10 apply for New Covenant believers (with the Sabbath excluded). As I said, Colossians 2:16 (and other verses) makes it clear the Sabbath is no longer. Believers obviously obey commands like: Do not murder, do not covet, etcetera. But these are commands that we follow from Jesus and His followers in the pages of the New Covenant and not the Old Covenant. The Old Law (not the laws of Christ) was given to Israel, and not the church (See: Acts of the Apostles 15:1, Acts of the Apostles 15:5, and Acts of the Apostles 15:24).

You said:
To quote Thomas Jefferson, 'such beliefs neither pick my pocket nor break my bones.'

Some SDA’s are saying you will not be saved if you don’t eventually keep the SATURDAY Sabbath.
Some SDA’s are saying we are taking the mark of the beast if we worship on Sunday.
These are really serious charges to make that relates to our salvation.
So unless you agree with them, or you are a liberal, or Univeralist, I don’t see how you don’t see this as a problem.

You said:
I don't know what you mean about real test in comparison to violating the 10C to test God's Grace?

Many Christians today believe they can sin and still be saved on some level. I am not one of them. I believe we must keep God’s commands after we are saved by God’s grace, but this would be the commands from Jesus and His followers. It’s not the 10 commandments (Although 9 out of the 10 are repeated in the New Testament). But what you will not find is a Sabbath command in the New Testament. What you will not find is a Sabbath day breaking sin listed alongside fornication, murder, idolatry by the apostles in Scripture. What you will find is Colossians 2:16 telling you that you should not let anyone judge you according to the sabbaths.

You said:
The way it was explained to me is that BC, man tried to uphold the law on his own power; AD men have Supernatural, Divine Grace to follow the Will of God without straining every muscle fighting one's own nature.

I would agree with that, but it’s not by obeying the Old Law, though. Believers are under the New Covenant and its commands. Loving your neighbor fulfills the Old Law (See: Romans 13:8-10).

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't go on website forums to read Scripture but conversation. If you cannot answer the question, put your big boy pants on and admit it - in your own words.

Or answer the question in your own words (with references to Scripture if you want).

I did answer. You just did not catch what I was saying, friend.
To summarize what I was saying, I believe that if the Old Law is no more (including the Sabbath), then we are not obligated to keep it. Colossians 2:16 makes it clear we are not to let anyone judge us if they tell us we are not keeping the Sabbaths. Some SDA’s are saying you will not eventually be saved in the future if you don’t end up eventually keeping the Saturday Sabbath. This is a violation of Colossians 2:16. We should not let the SDA Christian judge us for our not keeping the Saturday Sabbath by them telling us we will not eventually be saved. They have spied out our liberty in Christ and they seek to bring us back into bondage under the Old Law. This is the same battle Paul fought against when certain Jews convinced Christians into thinking they had to go back to the Old Law by circumcision in order to be saved. But Paul says if you seek to be circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing (Galatians 5:2).

Side Note:

The Old Laws are not the same thing as the Laws of Christ in the New Testament. The Law has changed (Hebrews 7:12). We follow the laws of Christ, and not the laws of Moses. Christians are not lawless. They just follow a different set of laws from Jesus and His followers instead.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wrangler

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only 9 out of the 10 apply for New Covenant believers (with the Sabbath excluded). As I said, Colossians 2:16 makes it clear the Sabbath is no longer (along with other verses).

You cannot believe 9 out of 10 Commandments apply to Christ followers. Christ specifically said that he did not come to eliminate the law.

Col 2:16 says to reject anyone who judges you for the Sabbath, which is NOT the same thing as 'you don't have to Sabbath anymore,' which is what it seems that you are implying.

So unless you agree with them, or you are a liberal, or Univeralist, I don’t see how you don’t see this as a problem.

As I said, To quote Thomas Jefferson, 'such beliefs neither pick my pocket nor break my bones.'

I truly do not get the Spirit of contentiousness and division you are promoting. Please re-read Gal 5.

It’s not the 10 commandments (Although 9 out of the 10 are repeated in the New Testament).

On the contrary, it is the Sabbath Day that is most profoundly discussed in the New Testament. Jesus profoundly said that the Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath.

If I may, I believe you are taking a SHOULD and turning it into a SHOULD NOT ... Decades ago when I was in college, I worked every weekend and every holiday at a local hospital OUT OF NECESSITY. During the summers, they let me work full time additional hours. I had 2 non-consecutive days off, Tuesday's and Thursday's. Guess what? Tuesday's were my Sabbath Day.

I don't know about SDA but I Sabbath NOT because it is a law that I am under but 2 other very important reasons.
  1. To honor God and his Creation.
  2. So that I can get the rest I need.
Because it is the day I rest and honor God, the Sabbath day (Saturday or otherwise) is my favorite day. My wife and I attend Saturday evening church. I believe a fair reading of the Gospels show that Jesus rested and prayed alone more than average. If a Christ follower does not Sabbath, I believe they are carrying a heavier yoke than is intended.

Make a Blessed Day

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, back to our regularly scheduled programming of supporting the right of self-defense, life, liberty and property - or bashing the same. :cool: ...

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Samuel 17:2. From Don’t Take Yourself So Seriously
When Ahithophel saw that his advice had not been followed, he saddled his donkey and set out for his house in his hometown. He put his house in order and then hanged himself. So he died and was buried in his father’s tomb. 2 Samuel 17:23

Don’t take yourself so seriously, but take the Lord very seriously. It is tempting to have an inflated regard of our own views. We think our opinions are extra special. We expect everyone to believe that what we think is most important, or even preferred. What started out as humble recommendations for others to consider grew into mandates, from our point of view.

Unfortunately, this type of conditional counsel and authoritative advice is driven by pride. The gift of discernment and wisdom is a great stewardship that requires a spirit of humility and graciousness. Otherwise, no one will be able to hear our insights over the roar of our arrogance. God does not need more self-appointed gurus; He desires humble servants who will submit to Him as vessels of truth.

We set ourselves up for rejection and unreasonable expectations if we rely on the affirmation of others for our validation. If we are not careful, we tie our value to the degree to which our views are accepted. Acceptance becomes a barometer for our self-worth. This is dangerous because our views, of course, are flawed. We are ever growing in our understanding and learning of God’s expansive truths.

If we are teachable and maturing, our views from the past will become more accurate in the present. For example, we will probably be less judgmental, and more motivated by mercy. We will most likely take ourselves less seriously, and God more seriously. And as we grow in grace, our words will build up more than tear down. Patience will become preeminent, and our inflated views will deflate, as we depend more on God.

Healthy perspectives are born out of dependence on God. Your belief about God determines the way you approach life. If you get this right, everything else comes into alignment. An open mind traps truth. When you are convinced of a principle, clamp down on it with conviction. It is wise to be close-minded around your convictions, just make sure it is a conviction from God, and not just a personal preference. One truth you can depend on is that God is engaged in everyday life. The Almighty is not absent, but is alive and well.

Therefore, seek to lead others in seeing a grander view of God. Keep Christ the centerpiece of your counsel. Make the Lord the beginning and the end of your advice. If you lead people to be accountable to God, you are wise. If they ignore this insight, they miss their Master’s best. His view is the most valuable, so steer them toward the Almighty’s perspective.

The Bible says, “The way of a fool seems right to him, but a wise man listens to advice” (Proverbs 12:15).

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me take myself less seriously and You more seriously, in Jesus’ name, amen.

Application

What idea or advice of mine do I need to let go of and trust the Holy Spirit is at work around me?

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You cannot believe 9 out of 10 Commandments apply to Christ followers. Christ specifically said that he did not come to eliminate the law.

Jesus came not to abolish the Law (in the sense of destroying all forms of Law), but Jesus came to fulfill the Law (i.e. to nail to the cross those ordinances that were against us [like the Old Covenant ceremonial laws] (See: Colossians 2:14-17), and Jesus came to give us a more fulfilled and perfect way of obeying God via the commands that come directly from Him and His followers). For Jesus offered a more perfect way of loving God, and loving our neighbor (Which of course is only possible via if we are first saved by God's grace through faith).

You said:
Col 2:16 says to reject anyone who judges you for the Sabbath, which is NOT the same thing as 'you don't have to Sabbath anymore,' which is what it seems that you are implying.

This interpretation does not make any sense, though. One can say this about the holy days, and dietary laws, too. But SDA’s say we don’t have to keep all the other holy days. Just the Saturday Sabbath (Which is not what Colossians 2:16 says).

The Old Law is No More - The Law has changed:

"When God speaks of a "new" covenant, it means he has made the first one obsolete. It is now out of date and will soon disappear." (Hebrews 8:13) (NLT).

”Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.” (Romans 7:4).

"But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter." (Romans 7:6).

"Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;" (Colossians 2:14).

20 "Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,
21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not;
22 Which all are to perish with the using; ) after the commandments and doctrines of men?
23 Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body: not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh."
(Colossians 2:20-23).

“By abolishing in His [own crucified] flesh the enmity [caused by] the Law with its decrees and ordinances [which He annulled]; that He from the two might create in Himself one new man [one new quality of humanity out of the two], so making peace.” (Ephesians 2:15) (AMPC).

"The old [former] rule [commandment; regulation] is now set aside [nullified; abolished], because it was weak and useless [ineffective]." (Hebrews 7:18) (EXB).

9 “Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;
10 Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.” (Hebrews 9:9-10).

16 “For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.” (Hebrews 9:16-17).

”And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament…” (Hebrews 9:15).

27 “And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;
28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.” (Matthew 26:27-28).

50 “Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.
51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; “ (Matthew 27:20-51).

8 “Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;
9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.” (Hebrews 10:8-9).

“And certain men which came down from Judaea taught the brethren, and said, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved.” (Acts of the Apostles 15:1).

“But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.” (Acts of the Apostles 15:5).

“Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment” (Acts of the Apostles 15:24).

28 "For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;
29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well." (Acts of the Apostles 15:28-29).

7 "But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:
8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?
9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.
10 For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth.
11 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious." (2 Corinthians 3:7-11).

“But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.” (2 Corinthians 3:14).

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus was making changes to the Old Law in preparation to the change of the New Covenant that went officially into effect with His death:

Biblical proof?

Jesus clearly was making changes to the Law (even before the cross):
(Which means He was not teaching primarily Old Covenant, but New Covenant):

The Old Way says:

"Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth"
(Matthew 5:38 cf. Exodus 21:23-25).

The New Way (by Jesus) says:

"But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also." (Matthew 5:39).

The Old Way says:

"Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment" (Matthew 5:21 cf. Numbers 35:30-32).

"But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire." (Matthew 5:22).

The Old Way says:

"Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths:" (Matthew 5:34 cf. Numbers 30:1-2, Deuteronomy 23:21).

34 "But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne:
35 Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King.
36 Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black.
37 But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil." (Matthew 5:34-37).

The Old Way says:

"And of thy mercy cut off mine enemies, and destroy all them that afflict my soul: for I am thy servant." (Psalms 143:12).

"And the city shall be accursed, even it, and all that are therein, to the LORD: only Rahab the harlot shall live, she and all that are with her in the house, because she hid the messengers that we sent." (Joshua 6:17).

"And they utterly destroyed all that was in the city, both man and woman, young and old, and ox, and sheep, and ass, with the edge of the sword." (Joshua 6:21).

16 "But of the cities of these people, which the LORD thy God doth give thee for an inheritance, thou shalt save alive nothing that breatheth:
17 But thou shalt utterly destroy them; namely, the Hittites, and the Amorites, the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites; as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee" (Deuteronomy 20:16-17).

"They did not destroy the nations, concerning whom the LORD commanded them" (Psalms 106:34).

"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;" (Matthew 5:44).

Note: Yes, I am aware that the Old Way (Old Testament) also teaches to love one's enemies (Exodus 23:4-5) (Proverbs 25:21), but this was in context to their own Israelite people, and not pagan nations. Pagan nations were to be destroyed when God commanded the Israelites to destroy them. But Jesus taught a radically different way. Love your enemies, and do good to them that hate you, and to pray for those who persecute you.

The Old Way says:

20 "But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel:
21 Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the whore in her father's house: so shalt thou put evil away from among you.
22 If a man be found lying with a woman married to an husband, then they shall both of them die, both the man that lay with the woman, and the woman: so shalt thou put away evil from Israel." (Deuteronomy 22:20-22).

4 "They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?" (John 8:4-5).

"He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. " (John 8:7).

Even after the cross, there were changes being made:

The Old Covenant says this about circumcision:

"And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant." (Genesis 17:14).

Yet, the New Covenant says this about circumcision:

"Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing." (Galatians 5:2).

The Old Covenant says this about the Sabbath:

32 "And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day.
33 And they that found him gathering sticks brought him unto Moses and Aaron, and unto all the congregation.
34 And they put him in ward, because it was not declared what should be done to him.
35 And the Lord said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp.
36 And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the Lord commanded Moses." (Numbers 15:32-36).

Yet, the New Covenant says this about the Sabbath:

"Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:" (Colossians 2:16).

So it appears things have changed.

This makes sense because again, Hebrews 7:12 says the Law has changed.

"For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law."
(Hebrews 7:12).

“For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.”
(John 1:17).

Jesus said,
“Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil." (Matthew 5:17).

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s called preaching the Word and relaying to you my account of what SDA’s believe. It’s nothing personal.
I thought you were relating it to @Wrangler. I know what Seventh-day Adventists believe. I rub elbows with them. A lot.
So now we are resulting to insults?
Don't you mean resorting to insults?
I posted Scripture. It is up to folks to read those verses if they are interested in reading and believing the Bible.
Fair enough. But maybe people like to curate their own collection of proof texts. It could happen.
I came here on the forums to discuss Scripture and not to receive baseless insults or jabs.
Baseless insults? Did I miss something?
Are you aware that sarcasm is actually acceptable according to forum rules?
This ain't Christianforums.com, Sonny.
This is where the big boys and girls come to play.
You probably ought to wise up.

Frankly, I'd like to see you hang around.
You're an interesting character and I could see you doing a lot of good here.

Show me where that practice is in the Bible, friend.
Show me where Jesus or Paul demands a 'safe space' in a hot 'kitchen,' friend.
Get over yourself.

Reactions: Wrangler

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Samuel 17:2. From Don’t Take Yourself So Seriously
When Ahithophel saw that his advice had not been followed, he saddled his donkey and set out for his house in his hometown. He put his house in order and then hanged himself. So he died and was buried in his father’s tomb. 2 Samuel 17:23

Don’t take yourself so seriously, but take the Lord very seriously. It is tempting to have an inflated regard of our own views. We think our opinions are extra special. We expect everyone to believe that what we think is most important, or even preferred. What started out as humble recommendations for others to consider grew into mandates, from our point of view.

Unfortunately, this type of conditional counsel and authoritative advice is driven by pride. The gift of discernment and wisdom is a great stewardship that requires a spirit of humility and graciousness. Otherwise, no one will be able to hear our insights over the roar of our arrogance. God does not need more self-appointed gurus; He desires humble servants who will submit to Him as vessels of truth.

We set ourselves up for rejection and unreasonable expectations if we rely on the affirmation of others for our validation. If we are not careful, we tie our value to the degree to which our views are accepted. Acceptance becomes a barometer for our self-worth. This is dangerous because our views, of course, are flawed. We are ever growing in our understanding and learning of God’s expansive truths.

If we are teachable and maturing, our views from the past will become more accurate in the present. For example, we will probably be less judgmental, and more motivated by mercy. We will most likely take ourselves less seriously, and God more seriously. And as we grow in grace, our words will build up more than tear down. Patience will become preeminent, and our inflated views will deflate, as we depend more on God.

Healthy perspectives are born out of dependence on God. Your belief about God determines the way you approach life. If you get this right, everything else comes into alignment. An open mind traps truth. When you are convinced of a principle, clamp down on it with conviction. It is wise to be close-minded around your convictions, just make sure it is a conviction from God, and not just a personal preference. One truth you can depend on is that God is engaged in everyday life. The Almighty is not absent, but is alive and well.

Therefore, seek to lead others in seeing a grander view of God. Keep Christ the centerpiece of your counsel. Make the Lord the beginning and the end of your advice. If you lead people to be accountable to God, you are wise. If they ignore this insight, they miss their Master’s best. His view is the most valuable, so steer them toward the Almighty’s perspective.

The Bible says, “The way of a fool seems right to him, but a wise man listens to advice” (Proverbs 12:15).

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me take myself less seriously and You more seriously, in Jesus’ name, amen.

Application

What idea or advice of mine do I need to let go of and trust the Holy Spirit is at work around me?

Suicide is a sin. This in no way relates to how we are allowed to insult other believers.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe 2 Timothy 3:16-17 or do you pick and choose what parts of God's word have value now?

Do you believe you have to build an Ark like Noah to avoid a global flood? Or do you just pick and choose which parts of the Bible you want to believe in?

See how that works?

In other words, not all commands in the Bible apply to the same people group. Again read Acts 15. Don’t keep writing. Stop. Read it. Read Acts 15 right now. Read very slowly verse 1, verse 5, and verse 24. Please. Just do that for me. Now, after you done that, ask yourself: Is the Saturday Sabbath a part of the Law of Moses?

If you say “yes” then you should take heed of the instructions given at the Jerusalem council to Gentile Christians.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.