The Insanity of the "right" to have guns!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My point is that endorsing guns can lead others who are not as responsible or as experienced as you are. Billy-Bob could shoot his son in his own house thinking he was a burglar or Bubba could end up shooting himself by mishandling his own weapon. It’s happened tons of times. In other words, a gun is not necessary.
Yes that is a valid concern. I personally think that proper training should be taught in order to purchase a gun.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes that is a valid concern. I personally think that proper training should be taught in order to purchase a gun.

I believe Romans 8:28 and Psalms 91:10-12 are great reasons also to not own a gun for self defense against violent men. What do you make of these verses?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Why didn't Jesus put up any armed resistance? Matthew 26:51-53, "But one of those with Jesus grabbed his sword, drew it out, and struck the high priest’s slave, cutting off his ear. Then Jesus said to him, “Put your sword back in its place! For all who take hold of the sword will die by the sword."

The reason that The Christ didn't put up a fight when they came to take him to the midnight court of legalists, is because He came the first time, THEN, as a LAMB, to be crucified.
When He comes back, He's not coming as a Lamb. He's not coming to Save. He's coming as a Lion to impart judgment, and there will be blood and there will be death.
Its best to not be here when 2 Thessalonians 1:8-9 arrives.

Jan 24, 2022
Redding California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Multiple people shot California church in Laguna Woods Orange County one person detained casualties | Daily Mail Online

Buffalo shooter targeted Black neighborhood, officials say

These MASS murders, and MANY more that we see on a regular basis, shows that it is both UNBIBLICAL and UNCHRISTIAN for anyone, especially if the are followers of the Lord Jesus Christ, to own any form of weapon!

The US Constitution that allows for this is VERY WRONG!
That weapon could be a "Christian womens right to choose to kill her unborn baby that God has created. I agree 60'000'000 babies, hand guns, knives, they are all not very Christ-like. Having faith in God, I mean real faith without all the peripherals, is a real, unity between you and your creator. May Jesus come quickly.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They’ll never get rid of guns in this country, it’s part of our culture and heritage and how we fought and won the war against England the oppressor and won our Independence, hence the right to bear arms and have militias, it’s in our Constitution for that reason.

Do you not understand the difference between "a well-regulated militia", armed with flintlocks, the purpose of which is "the security of a free state", and the madness of a bunch of untrained people owning and using military-grade semi-automatic weapons against their own citizens? Are you that "blind"?

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd like to make a statement, as I've been reflecting on things I've posted on this thread, I've posted some things that aren't right, as a practicing Christian and still in the early stages of learning, I was raised Catholic and am very Patriotic, I have left the RCC over a decade ago and undoing it's teachings, what has been engrained into me since a child sometimes is not easy, but I'm doing it little by little.

One cannot serve two Gods, he must choose between one or the other, the leader of this world is the adversary, I choose Jehovah and Christ his only begotten son Christ.

So over some thoughtful thinking and reflecting on things that I've been taught since leaving the Church, if I am to follow Jehovah, I cannot get involved in things of this world, as Jehovah is handling that and the adversary will be defeated and cast out as will all the wicked, as hard as it is for me, I will not partake in politics or defend the use of guns or their ownership, only Jehovah has the right to take a human life as he is the Creator who gave life.

So with this statement I will no longer participate in such topics, as it's against the teachings I'm being taught and learning, I serve Jehovah and his only begotten son Jesus Christ, so from this point onwards I will not get involved in politics or anything that has to do of this world that is against Jehovah's teachings.

If I have offended anyone on this forum with my posts, I am sorry and take back everything I've said that was offensive to anyone on this board.

Thank you for your time in reading what I have posted.

Sincerely yours,
JohnPaul

Last edited:

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But I would rather literally sell my garment or coat to buy a literal sword instead because that is more accurate to his instructions.

Have you never watched Indiana Jones and Raiders of the Lost Ark?

3xt4.gif

You never bring a knife (sword) to a gunfight!

And yes, I own a handgun for the protection of my family. I have seen firsthand as an EMT what happens to someone when they don't protect themselves or their family. That will never happen to my own family!!

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you never watched Indiana Jones and Raiders of the Lost Ark?

3xt4.gif

You never bring a knife (sword) to a gunfight!

And yes, I own a handgun for the protection of my family. I have seen firsthand as an EMT what happens to someone when they don't protect themselves or their family. That will never happen to my own family!!

Thank you for reminding me just how sick and wrong these kinds of movies are.
Did the apostle Paul, or any of the apostles have a low regard for life like this?
Jesus said to love your enemies, and not to shoot them.

Before coming to Christ: I grew up liking these kinds of movies. Now that I have studied the ways of Christ, I can see just how dark and evil these kinds of movies really are. In the third Indiana Jones film, while it appears to have some religious themes, Indiana Jones and his father both have intercourse (fornication) with the same woman. So it mixes in sin with what one believes is good. That’s the deception of worldly movies that many today love.

If you were to follow this thread, and everything I said, you will know that I am not against Christians hunting with guns. I am not a hunter and so gun ownership for me is kind of pointless. I think many who follow the ways of Christ involving Non-Violence would probably think the same way. But it is not exactly wrong for a Christian to have a gun for hunting for food. Otherwise we could not reap the benefits of eating meat. I merely said that I would rather have a sword instead of a gun because that is closer to the instructions of our Lord in following what He said if that is something indeed we are to obey. Do you even know what Luke 22:36 says? Did you ponder its meaning? I would have to say I did not until the discussion within this thread. I can only encourage you to do the same in prayer with the Lord. Think of how the two swords (not a sword for each of them - which was the original instruction) were used after this instruction.

Read Matthew 26:47-56.

1. Jesus told him to put his sword back in it’s place.
2. Jesus warned Peter that he that lives by the sword will die by the sword.
3. Jesus said that He could have asked the Father for thousands of angels to protect Him if He wanted.
4. Jesus undoes Peter’s damage in that he chopped off Malchus’s ear (Note: Jesus did not say, “Good job Peter! That’s why I told you to take up your sword. Now, chop off his other ear!”).​

As for protection for your family:

Well, protection for your family is not carnal (physical) if you believe God is in control of all things. Romans 8:28 says all things work together for good to those who love God. All things (bad or good) work together for good to those who love God. That’s what Romans 8:28 is saying. You don’t believe that all things work together for good to those who love God because you believe bad and unfortunate things can happen to you outside of God’s good plans. It’s why you think you need a gun to protect yourself.

Here is another one in Scripture. Psalms 91:10-12. Do you truly believe angels protect you? If so… then what need of you have for a gun? So it really comes down to you believing the Bible. Do you believe these things in Scripture? If so… you have no need of a gun. If you don’t believe these things in Scripture, then you need a gun. It really is that simple. It’s like in the parable of the sower. You must receive the seed of the Word of God into your heart in order to have joy (to see what it says). For even Indiana Jones had to step out in faith into chasm, and when he did, he was able to then see he was walking on an invisible bridge. But if he never took that step of faith, he would have never been able to cross over the chasm. You take it by faith that nobody is going to swerve into your lane and kill you when you drive. Do you seek to buy a crash resistant vehicle? What about if you take a flight? Do you take a parachute and a portable oxygen mask? What about a situation where you are outnumbered by a large gang of men with guns whereby you cannot possibly get them all? Do you seek to build an Iron Man suit?

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd like to make a statement, as I've been reflecting on things I've posted on this thread, I've posted some things that aren't right, as a practicing Christian and still in the early stages of learning, I was raised Catholic and am very Patriotic, I have left the RCC over a decade ago and undoing it's teachings, what has been engrained into me since a child sometimes is not easy, but I'm doing it little by little.

One cannot serve two Gods, he must choose between one or the other, the leader of this world is the adversary, I choose Jehovah and Christ his only begotten son Christ.

So over some thoughtful thinking and reflecting on things that I've been taught since leaving the Church, if I am to follow Jehovah, I cannot get involved in things of this world, as Jehovah is handling that and the adversary will be defeated and cast out as will all the wicked, as hard as it is for me, I will not partake in politics or defend the use of guns or their ownership, only Jehovah has the right to take a human life as he is the Creator who gave life.

So with this statement I will no longer participate in such topics, as it's against the teachings I'm being taught and learning, I serve Jehovah and his only begotten son Jesus Christ, so from this point onwards I will not get involved in politics or anything that has to do of this world that is against Jehovah's teachings.

If I have offended anyone on this forum with my posts, I am sorry and take back everything I've said that was offensive to anyone on this board.

Thank you for your time in reading what I have posted.

Sincerely yours,
JohnPaul

May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you, friend.

Reactions: JohnPaul

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for reminding me just how sick and wrong these kinds of movies are.
Before coming to Christ: I grew up liking these kinds of movies. Now that I have studied the ways of Christ, I can see just how dark and evil these kinds of movies really are. In the third Indiana Jones film, while it appears to have some religious themes, Indiana Jones and his father both have intercourse (fornication) with the same woman. So it mixes in sin with what one believes is good. That’s the deception of worldly movies that many today love.

If you were to follow this thread, and everything I said, you will know that I am not against Christians hunting with guns. I am not a hunter and so gun ownership for me is kind of pointless. I think many who follow the ways of Christ involving Non-Violence would probably think the same way. But it is not exactly wrong for a Christian to have a gun for hunting for food. Otherwise we could not reap the benefits of eating meat. I merely said that I would rather have a sword instead of a gun because that is closer to the instructions of our Lord in following what He said if that is something indeed we are to obey. Do you even know what Luke 22:36 says? Did you ponder its meaning? I would have to say I did not until the discussion within this thread. I can only encourage you to do the same in prayer with the Lord. Think of how the swords were used after this instruction.

Read Matthew 26:47-56.

1. Jesus told him to put his sword back in it’s place.
2. Jesus warned Peter that he that lives by the sword will die by the sword.
3. Jesus said that He could have asked the Father for thousands of angels to protect Him if He wanted.
4. Jesus undoes Peter’s damage in that he chopped off Malchus’s ear (Note: Jesus did not say, “Good job Peter! That’s why I told you to take up your sword. Now, chop off his other ear!”).​

As for protection for your family:

Well, protection for your family is not carnal (physical) if you believe God is in control of all things. Romans 8:28 says all things work together for good to those who love God. All things (bad or good) work together for good to those who love God. That’s what Romans 8:28 is saying. You don’t believe that all things work together for good to those who love God because you believe bad and unfortunate things can happen to you outside of God’s good plans. It’s why you think you need a gun to protect yourself.

Here is another one in Scripture. Psalms 91:10-12. Do you truly believe angels protect you? If so… then what need of you have for a gun? So it really comes down to you believing the Bible. Do you believe these things in Scripture? If so… you have no need of a gun. If you don’t believe these things in Scripture, then you need a gun. It really is that simple. It’s like in the parable of the sower. You must receive the seed of the Word of God into your heart in order to have joy (to see what it says). For even Indiana Jones had to step out in faith into chasm, and when he did, he was able to then see he was walking on an invisible bridge. But if he never took that step of faith, he would have never been able to cross over the chasm. You take it by faith that nobody is going to swerve into your lane and kill you when you drive. Do you seek to buy a crash resistant vehicle? What about if you take a flight? Do you take a parachute and a portable oxygen mask? What about a situation where you are outnumbered by a large gang of men with guns whereby you cannot possibly get them all? Do you seek to build an Iron Man suit?

How sick and wrong these movies are? Wow! It's a family movie. It was the very first movie I saw in the theater at age six. The GIF above shows what happens if you pull a sword in front of someone with a gun. You're dead! It's funny you say that these movies are sick and wrong, yet you use a movie in the same trilogy to try and prove a point. That's hypocrisy at its finest!

What I believe is that while God protects me and my family, others have free will just as much as I do and they will use that free will to kill people. I see you conveniently ignored my comment when I said I have seen first hand what happens when someone doesn't protect themselves or their family. I have seen dead people who according to eyewitnesses were praying right before the gunmen killed them. I have seen a family destroyed because the mother and father were praying while they were being robbed and one or both were killed. I have seen the effects of rape because the woman said she prayed that the rapist would stop and he continued on raping her.

Does God choose to protect some, sure, but not all. We have a duty to protect our loved ones, whether you want to believe that or not. We have a duty to protect the innocent if it is within our power to do so.

I will not allow someone else's free will to destroy my family because some Christians think the Bible says we shouldn't defend ourselves based on their faulty interpretation of scripture!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How sick and wrong these movies are? Wow! It's a family movie. It was the very first movie I saw in the theater at age six. The GIF above shows what happens if you pull a sword in front of someone with a gun. You're dead! It's funny you say that these movies are sick and wrong, yet you use a movie in the same trilogy to try and prove a point. That's hypocrisy at its finest!

What I believe is that while God protects me and my family, others have free will just as much as I do and they will use that free will to kill people. I see you conveniently ignored my comment when I said I have seen first hand what happens when someone doesn't protect themselves or their family. I have seen dead people who according to eyewitnesses were praying right before the gunmen killed them. I have seen a family destroyed because the mother and father were praying while they were being robbed and one or both were killed. I have seen the effects of rape because the woman said she prayed that the rapist would stop and he continued on raping her.

Does God choose to protect some, sure, but not all. We have a duty to protect our loved ones, whether you want to believe that or not. We have a duty to protect the innocent if it is within our power to do so.

I will not allow someone else's free will to destroy my family because some Christians think the Bible says we shouldn't defend ourselves based on their faulty interpretation of scripture!

So go buy a sword! That is biblical. Buying a firearm to kill people is most definitely not Biblical. Your interpretation of Scripture is clearly faulty!

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So go buy a sword! That is biblical. Buying a firearm to kill people is most definitely not Biblical. Your interpretation of Scripture is clearly faulty!

Considering they didn't have guns back then, I think I am just fine biblically.

Also, the use of my firearm will only be in defense of my family or me if alone. There will be no other use for it.

And as I said to BH, nothing you say will change my mind.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Considering they didn't have guns back then, I think I am just fine biblically.

Also, the use of my firearm will only be in defense of my family or me if alone. There will be no other use for it.

And as I said to BH, nothing you say will change my mind.

Well, you're not "just fine biblically". Jesus said to love God and love your neighbor. He didn't say (anywhere) to kill your neighbor (or anyone else).

I don't believe you when you say that "the use of my firearm will only be in defense of my family or me if alone. There will be no other use for it." Why should I?

Finally, claiming that "nothing you say will change my mind" is nothing to be proud of. That just shows the inflexibility of your thinking, which will transfer to justifying killing someone because it seems right in your own mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.