The Insanity of the "right" to have guns!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is is very simple question for those who support the right to have arms

WHY do you need to shoot to kill, rather than to stop the criminal? Surely they can be stopped by shooting at a part of the body that incapacitates, rather than to kill?

ahhh yes, the “shoot em in the kneecaps” moment. First off, you never pull your weapon out unless you intend to use it, but also there has to be a situation of self defense from great harm. Also, we dont shoot to kill, we shoot to stop the threat. If you shoot someone and they dont die, the 1st question is, was the shooting really necessary? Keep in mind from a legal point of view, if im 6’4”, 230 lbs looking like capt america and my attacker was 5’6” 125lbs and had no weapon, that is not a justified shooting.
If im the 5’6” 125 lb lady who is attacked by 3 hoodlums, then yes, her shooting the 3 of them would definitely be justified.

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is is very simple question for those who support the right to have arms

WHY do you need to shoot to kill, rather than to stop the criminal? Surely they can be stopped by shooting at a part of the body that incapacitates, rather than to kill?

Simple, aim small miss big. So, you go for center mass. When you aim small and miss the threat is not stopped. The whole point of pulling a gun which as mentioned you only do when you intend to use it, is to stop the threat.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
they did not "shoot to stop", but clearly to MURDER!

im a little confused on what you want. The 3 men are in jail. What else can we do to them? Tar and feather them?
You cant stop people from carrying out evil works just because of laws. They would have still killed that guy even if they didnt have guns.

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
killing the person should always be the last thing, not the first!

You missed the whole point. You shoot to stop the threat. Plain and simple. You shoot small and miss, the threat is still there and can still kill you. Even if you managed to hit a kneecap, they can still be a threat and still shoot at you.

You stop the threat and that means shooting them where it will stop them in their tracks and stop the threat.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gun haters think the world will be perfect if only big govt had guns. That crime would goto 0 and our jails would be empty. Its not the people, its those dastardly guns that make people evil. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reactions: mailmandan

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
giphy-preview.gif

Reactions: Lifelong_sinner

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
im a little confused on what you want. The 3 men are in jail. What else can we do to them? Tar and feather them?
You cant stop people from carrying out evil works just because of laws. They would have still killed that guy even if they didnt have guns.

they could have shot to STOP and not to KILL, which is my point

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
they could have shot to STOP and not to KILL, which is my point

you arent getting it. Under NO circumstance was those 3 men shooting the 1 guy EVER justified. I dont understand why this is difficult. If you are in a pack of 3, chasing down 1 guy, the shooting of the 1 guy will NEVER EVER EVER be justified. Do you not understand that there are people intent on killing others? They dont need a reason, they are evil.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
are you still in a Civil war in the USA?

Out of touch. The Present War is the Wicked VS the Good.

It seems to be, as there are shootings on a daily basis, with no end in sight!

Duh...The Wicked shooting!

It will no doubt be getting much worse!

Not a secret.
Wicked vs Good
Evil vs Godly

Even Trump tried to remain as POTUS by encouraging the lawless thugs to use their "arms"!

LIE.
Thugs are organized gangs, such as KKK, Mafia, Antifa, CIA, FBI, etc. used historically, and regularly BY long term sitting Govt. poli_TIC_ians, to Do their dirty works.

Trump is neither a Politician or solicitor of underhanded thugs.

You obviously have ZERO understanding of American Political History...
Men historically branded with the BIG “D”, promoting communism, promoting Marxism, promoting Oppression.
* Against liberation of Black Slaves, during the Civil war.
* Seating KKK members in governments.
* Backroom Deals for financing Mafia.
* Arming enemies of American Liberty.
* Cheating to be seated and glued to government seats.
* Destroy economy, jobs, food supply, goods/services, indoctrination of children against parents.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
you arent getting it. Under NO circumstance was those 3 men shooting the 1 guy EVER justified. I dont understand why this is difficult. If you are in a pack of 3, chasing down 1 guy, the shooting of the 1 guy will NEVER EVER EVER be justified. Do you not understand that there are people intent on killing others? They dont need a reason, they are evil.

Dude, it is YOU who is not getting it!

I only used this case as an EXAMPLE of how shoot to KILL is wrong, and criminals should be shot only to STOP them!

can you grasp what I am saying here?

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
nope, He would approve of self defense. There is a difference between self defense and murder.

“Put your sword back in its place,” Jesus said to him. “For all who draw the sword will die by the sword" Matthew 26:52

there is not ONE verse in the Bible that says to KILL to protect! Show me just the one?

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dude, it is YOU who is not getting it!

I only used this case as an EXAMPLE of how shoot to KILL is wrong, and criminals should be shot only to STOP them!

can you grasp what I am saying here?

shooting to stop the threat sometimes means killing them. You cannot ever shoot people in the kneecaps or pinky toe to stop them. You will lose that case everytime.
But more importantly, you are doing exactly as i said all gun haters do, blame the existence of guns as the root cause of murder. Apparently no one ever died till guns came into existence.

Status
Not open for further replies.