The Insanity of the "right" to have guns!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
sum dumb fools? LOL
Yea, you need to just worry about your little island and leave America alone. I bet you’re still wearing masks and on your what, 8th booster vaccine?? :confused::confused::confused:

remember without this little island called England, there would be no America, nor True Christianity! and over 60 million can be traced back here!

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I am not sure anyone is truly free within their cultures.
Personally I still think raising the age limit on having guns may help, this guy was 18years old, not particularly a mature age. Teenagers get mad and react, add a gun to the mix ……..not good. Surely even those who do believe in having guns can see that something does need to change.
Rita
Well everyone seems to think that you either have guns or you don’t, ban them or keep them. Well Even I know that you cannot ban guns outright. Could laws not be changed on age of possessing a gun. I don’t know how the gun shops operate, can anyone go in an buy one or do they have to apply for a licence?
I know quite a few people who have guns here in the U.K, they are members of gun clubs. The law allows for that possession but you have to get a licence and go through a evaluation to prove you are safe to have one.
There are also rules and regulations with regards to access to the guns, they have to be kept safe.

Criminals will always get weapons ,in any country. I am talking about the ordinary citizen who wants to have a level of protection but also protect others who are not responsible to have one, are their no compromises that can be made.? Rita

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Just for the record hardly anyone is wearing a mask, unless you are in the hospital or care industry and only the elderly are having their fourth jabs !!

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well everyone seems to think that you either have guns or you don’t, ban them or keep them. Well Even I know that you cannot ban guns outright. Could laws not be changed on age of possessing a gun. I don’t know how the gun shops operate, can anyone go in an buy one or do they have to apply for a licence?
I know quite a few people who have guns here in the U.K, they are members of gun clubs. The law allows for that possession but you have to get a licence and go through a evaluation to prove you are safe to have one.
There are also rules and regulations with regards to access to the guns, they have to be kept safe.

Criminals will always get weapons ,in any country. I am talking about the ordinary citizen who wants to have a level of protection but also protect others who are not responsible to have one, are their no compromises that can be made.? Rita

As of 2013, there were roughly 20,000 gun laws in America. Im not sure how many more compromises are left.
As for getting a gun here in the states, each state has their own unique rules, but for most states, when you go buy a gun, you fill out some paperwork and go through a background check. Some states require a waiting period before you can actually have a handgun, most states have additional paperwork and requirements if you want to carry concealed.

Reactions: Cristo Rei

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I heard there was another mass shooting in an American school again.
Great time to vilify anyone with a weapon as evil...:rolleyes:

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I simply dont understand what people are looking for. You cant ban guns!!! The story we heard on the news tonite is that the gunman was on the run, crashed his car, ran the rest of the way to the school office, the school had security, they tried to stop him, but he wore a plate carrier. He got into the school and just shot whoever he came into contact with until finally, the police killed him.

how do you stop that?? Would universal background checks stop that? Would raising the age you can own a gun stop that? No! This is the age we live in.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I simply dont understand what people are looking for. You cant ban guns!!! The story we heard on the news tonite is that the gunman was on the run, crashed his car, ran the rest of the way to the school office, the school had security, they tried to stop him, but he wore a plate carrier. He got into the school and just shot whoever he came into contact with until finally, the police killed him.

how do you stop that?? Would universal background checks stop that? Would raising the age you can own a gun stop that? No! This is the age we live in.

Jesus.jpg

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HOW many more MURDERS need to take place in the USA, before the sleepy people there wake up and say, ENOUGH?

and how do you propose they do that?? How would YOU stop gun violence? This is the 3rd time i’ve asked. No response so far.

everyone wants it stopped, but no one has any idea of how to do it.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
are you saying that countries that don't have this "right" to own guns, are not free?

Not free to own guns. One of the consistent things about communism is that the citizens do not have the right to own guns.
Of course there are other things that they deny.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Here is how gun violence can be reduced to a minimum:
1. Stop the lawlessness right at the top. Arrest and lock up the criminals who are destroying society through their political decisions and treason. Their example gives minor criminals reason to commit crimes with impunity. For example Obama and Clinton should have been behind bars for the past four years. No one is even talking about arresting the Bidens.
2. Reinstate the death penalty for murder and ensure that the justice system correctly identifies the actual criminals.
3. Free up the jails by getting rid of the minor offenders but keeping the hardened criminals locked up. Do not release them into society.
4. Go after the gangs and gangsters (and the mafias of various stripes) seriously.
5. Change the laws so that violent offenders cannot get off on technicalities.
6. Unshackle the police forces so that they can do their jobs properly. Ensure that all the bad apples are removed forthwith.
7. Fire the judges who are soft on criminals but care nothing about the victims.
8. Reinstate mental asylums to keep all the crazy people off the streets. The mass shootings are usually done by mentally unbalanced individuals, possibly on drugs.
9. Shut down the borders until the issue of illegal drugs, gangsters, terrorists, etc is under control.
10. Stop talking about "gun control" and start talking about "criminal control".

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
those who support the "right" to own guns!

God, Guns, and Guts....it is what makes us different than other countries.
How is Christianity doing over in the UK?
Do you think that Putin would attack a country were most of the populous is armed? Let's hope you do not have to find out.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
HA! And yet i have asked you 3 times, what would you do to stop gun violence. Crickets was your response.

All he/she seems to like doing is vilifying anyone with a weapon even if its for work, sport, hunting, farming or self protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.