The Insanity of the "right" to have guns!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t think we should resort to name calling each other, it’s not Christian behavior and we can have a discussion without stooping so low.

im not name calling, but character identifying. A man that refuses to protect his own family isnt held in high regard.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If true followers of the Lord Jesus Christ, then HE IS our Refuge. Or do you think that the Lord is not interested in such things, or not fully able to?
We are talking about the general population. Gun control is meant to allow the tyrants to criminalize LAW-ABIDING citizens while they give the real criminals a free pass.

They have already criminalized patriots who protested the election fraud on January 6 and did no harm to anyone. They have created a filthy gulag just to suppress legitimate conservative protest. Just like Communist/Fascist Trudeau tried to rob Canadians of their rights and freedoms in one fell swoop, and falsely and maliciously accused law-abiding truckers of all kinds of evil. And he has not given up. Once these hypocritical politicians tell their security personnel to surrender their guns, we might believe that them. Otherwise they are not to be trusted. The WEF had men with guns guarding the globalist criminals in Davos recently and preventing conservative investigators from checking out their shenanigans. These people belong behind bars for the evil they are unleashing on the world right now. But they are dictating to the rest of the world that people should be happy to lose all their freedoms.

When it comes to believers, that is a different matter. The Bible shows us that Christ did not object to the apostles carrying defensive weapons to protect themselves. So it is up to every Christian to decide what they must do (or not do). There are many other modes of self defense, and installation of effective security systems can protect homes and families. But the gangsters are roaming the streets with impunity because of the politicians and their nonsensical ideas.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
about the US being more free than the UK! JOKE

Respectfully, I don’t think we should compare apples to oranges and say one country is better or more free than another. The true nation or citizenship we should focus on (and it being great) is God’s Kingdom. That is the only truly free country or kingdom. All nations of this world will perish at some point and be no more. So we should take pride that we sit in Heavenly places and not the temporary place we are at.

Hebrews 13:14 says,
“For here we have no continuing city, but we seek the one to come.”

Reactions: Jim B and JohnPaul

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wish i could post some pics on this thread which would demonstrate that the US doesnt have a gun culture, but rather a self defense culture. But it may not be wise to show these pics as some seem easily triggered.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We are talking about the general population. Gun control is meant to allow the tyrants to criminalize LAW-ABIDING citizens while they give the real criminals a free pass.

They have already criminalized patriots who protested the election fraud on January 6 and did no harm to anyone. They have created a filthy gulag just to suppress legitimate conservative protest. Just like Communist/Fascist Trudeau tried to rob Canadians of their rights and freedoms in one fell swoop, and falsely and maliciously accused law-abiding truckers of all kinds of evil. And he has not given up. Once these hypocritical politicians tell their security personnel to surrender their guns, we might believe that them. Otherwise they are not to be trusted. The WEF had men with guns guarding the globalist criminals in Davos recently and preventing conservative investigators from checking out their shenanigans. These people belong behind bars for the evil they are unleashing on the world right now. But they are dictating to the rest of the world that people should be happy to lose all their freedoms.

When it comes to believers, that is a different matter. The Bible shows us that Christ did not object to the apostles carrying defensive weapons to protect themselves. So it is up to every Christian to decide what they must do (or not do). There are many other modes of self defense, and installation of effective security systems can protect homes and families. But the gangsters are roaming the streets with impunity because of the politicians and their nonsensical ideas.

Did not 5 people die on January 6

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
im not name calling, but character identifying. A man that refuses to protect his own family isnt held in high regard.
I understand your feelings regarding guns, but I’m sure ByGraceThroughFaith would protect his family if it came down to it. Calling someone a coward who is a Christian is kind of harsh.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wish i could post some pics on this thread which would demonstrate that the US doesnt have a gun culture, but rather a self defense culture. But it may not be wise to show these pics as some seem easily triggered.

Is that last sentence a pun?

Reactions: Lambano

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Gangsters are roaming the streets with impunity because of people like you and your nonsensical ideas.

The Bible does not show us that Christ did not object to the apostles carrying defensive weapons to protect themselves. That is beyond nonsense! Read what Jesus said in the Garden of Gethsemane.

Matthew 26:52, "Then Jesus said to him, “Put your sword back in its place! For all who take hold of the sword will die by the sword."

Nothing could be clearer!

Reactions: ByGraceThroughFaith

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
only 1 person died as a result of being shot, she was a patriot and her name was ashli babbit. Ever notice how they didnt reveal the policeman who shot her name?? Yet whenever a non DC cop shoots someone, they tell everything about them.

At least 7 people died and Ashli Babbit was appropriately shot by law enforcement. A bipartisan Senate report found that at least seven people had lost their lives in connection with the Jan. 6 attack.

The policeman who shot her did so on camera and has been identified.

Why do you persist in lying? No wonder you refer to yourself as "Lifelong sinner", as lying is a sin.

Reactions: ByGraceThroughFaith

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
896 messages in this thread, so I am sure someone has brought this up...

John 18:10 KJV
Then Simon Peter having a sword drew it, and smote the high priest's servant, and cut off his right ear. The servant's name was Malchus.

Peter had a sword. Jesus said put it away, but he never condemned Peter for having it.

Luke 22:36 KJV
Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

This is Jesus... he is telling people to sell their clothes if need be and buy a sword.

So how unChristain is it for someone not to own any weapon?

#1. The main purpose of the swords was to fulfill the prophecy of Jesus being numbered with the transgressors (See: Luke 22:37).
#2. The disciples technically did not obey this instruction in the moment. They did not each sell their garment for them to each have a sword, but they brought forth only two swords (See: Luke 22:38).
#3. Jesus said the two swords were enough - which appears to go against his original instruction for them to each have a sword (Luke 22:38). We know our Lord does not contradict himself, and so the purpose of these swords was to of course shortly fulfill prophecy.
#4. In Matthew 26:47-56, we learn the result of what happened involving the swords. No victory battle was won. No lesson of self defense using Violence was taught.
#5. In Matthew 26:47-56, we learn a lesson of Non-Violence involving the sword:
(a) Jesus rebukes Peter for chopping off Malchus’ ear (in using his sword) and say he that lives by the sword shall die by the sword.
(b) Jesus rebukes Peter for using his sword by telling him to put his sword back in its place.
(c) Jesus rebukes Peter for using his sword by telling him that
He could have asked the Father to send down twelve legions of angels to protect Him.
(d) Jesus undoes Peter’s damage by healing Malchus’ ear.​
#6. Jesus said to buy a sword and He did not say to buy bow and arrows or a gun.
#7. If the “sell your coat and buy a sword instruction” of Luke 22:36 still applied to the disciples after the prophecy, and Jesus desired them to go out and still sell their coat or garments to buy a sword for each of themselves, then this would have to be with Non-Violence in mind because Jesus made it clear with Peter that he that lives by the sword shall die by the sword. So this means that the purpose of the sword would have to be for Non-Violent reasons. Meaning, they could use the sword to chop wood, cut meat, hunt, and keep the dangerous animal kingdom away; But not for violent purposes against man (As demonstrated by Jesus with Peter). So if we are to obey this instruction today, then take a sword into the forest with you to survive. Perhaps it could even be a gun (if you take the word sword as meaning to be any weapon), but this again would be for survival in the wilderness involving the animal kingdom and for you to eat, and it would not be in using self defense involving Violence.
#8. What is odd is that we see nowhere in the New Testament of any of the apostles following this instruction. The situation where we read about the apostles being beaten in Acts of the Apostles 5:40 seems unlikely if they were to each of them have swords so as to attack others if they were threatened. Such verses like 2 Corinthians 10:4 where Paul says that the weapons of their warfare are not carnal (physical) weapons does not make a whole lot of sense if indeed the apostle also relied upon physical weapons to fight at certain times. Throughout the New Testament we see Christians imprisoned and stoned. Again… no swords to be found. Even the early church fathers have made statements that taught Non-Violence (see here) (just like Jesus and the apostles taught Non-Violence in the New Testament - see the verses here).
#9. So if the disciples did not follow this instruction by Jesus in Luke 22:36, that means:
(a) The instruction in Luke 22:36 no longer applies anymore, or
(b) Jesus was referring to using the sword only for hunting, cutting meat, chopping wood, or surviving in the animal kingdom (Seeing Jesus rebuked Peter for picking up the sword for violent means), or
(c) Jesus was referring to how each one needs to buy a sword so as to turn it into a plowshare so as to honor the future Millennial reign mentioned in Isaiah 2:4. “And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.” or
(d) Jesus was speaking entirely in spiritual terms in Luke 22:36 and yet He counted on His disciples misunderstanding Him so as to fulfill prophecy in being numbered with the transgressors. What is the spiritual meaning?
(1) Money bag = The disciples continuing to have spiritual treasure in Heaven by loving their neighbor, or the poor,
(2) Knapsack = The disciples continuing to have spiritual rest in Christ and His grace,
(3) Sell your coat or garment = Sell your old covenant way of thinking, and
(4) Buy a sword = Embrace or buy into the New Covenant Way or Teachings by the Spirit - or in our case - look to New Testament Scriptures, i.e. the sword of the Spirit).​
Personally, I tend to lean heavily towards the last reason given (Although it’s not entirely clear according to Scripture; Meaning, we look through a glass darkly). What I do know for sure is that Jesus was not saying to buy weapons as a means to harm or kill others in self defense in Luke 22:36.

Anyways I hope this helps, and may God’s love shine upon you today.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim B

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
only 1 person died as a result of being shot, she was a patriot and her name was ashli babbit. Ever notice how they didnt reveal the policeman who shot her name?? Yet whenever a non DC cop shoots someone, they tell everything about them.

Umm, I wouldn't call her a patriot. She was a veteran, yes, but a patriot? Nope. She was shot after being warned by the capitol officer not to enter. She went through the broken door glass that was busted just seconds before.

Also, they revealed his name. Not sure where you got that they didn't, but they most certainly did.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At least 7 people died and Ashli Babbit was appropriately shot by law enforcement. A bipartisan Senate report found that at least seven people had lost their lives in connection with the Jan. 6 attack.

The policeman who shot her did so on camera and has been identified.

Why do you persist in lying? No wonder you refer to yourself as "Lifelong sinner", as lying is a sin.

how many of those 7 died by gunshot? Last i checked, only ashli did. And no, she was no “appropriately” shot. As to the policeman’s name, if its out there, it sure did take a while for it to be released.
Ashli was a patriot, she was doing her patriotic duty and fighting back against a tyrannical govt.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Umm, I wouldn't call her a patriot. She was a veteran, yes, but a patriot? Nope. She was shot after being warned by the capitol officer not to enter. She went through the broken door glass that was busted just seconds before.

Also, they revealed his name. Not sure where you got that they didn't, but they most certainly did.

she was absolutely a patriot, fighting a tyrannical govt. what do you think our Founders would think of the US today? I know… they would ask, why did we let govt get so tyrannical in the 1st place.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand your feelings regarding guns, but I’m sure ByGraceThroughFaith would protect his family if it came down to it. Calling someone a coward who is a Christian is kind of harsh.

Did God protect the thousands Christians that were herded into the colosseums and areas to be horribly tortured, eaten by animals, given to animals and the most despicable things done to them....did God protect them?....Do you think they prayed for help?

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And no, she was no “appropriately” shot.

She most certainly was appropriately shot. She was warned not to come further and what did she do, she ignored that warning. So she was shot. I call that appropriate.

As to the policeman’s name, if its out there, it sure did take a while for it to be released.

I don't blame them for waiting. They probably feared that he would be retaliated against. It was smart to withhold his name.

Ashli was a patriot, she was doing her patriotic duty and fighting back against a tyrannical govt.

Thanks! I needed a good laugh!

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
she was absolutely a patriot, fighting a tyrannical govt.

More laughs... please, keep them coming! If you want to learn all about a tyrannical government, I suggest you relearn all about the revolutionary war and why we revolted against the crown.

what do you think our Founders would think of the US today? I know… they would ask, why did we let govt get so tyrannical in the 1st place.

I don't think they would think that at all. I honestly think they would think the opposite and wonder why people think that this government is tyrannical after fighting an actual tyrannical form of government.

Status
Not open for further replies.