The Insanity of the "right" to have guns!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so you don't live in a democratic country, where there are laws, and people who are elected to power/office?

It sounds that you have a lawless country, where the government is against its own people, and the people are against the government!

what a MESS!

How can the US really be a FREE country?, except for killings?
No, I don't live in a democratic country. Anyone paying attention lately can see the dangers and pitfalls of democracy. I'm glad I don't live in a democracy, and I very much appreciate living in a land of freemen (and women) who have established a republic that serves them, not the other way around. But living in a land among freemen comes with risks, which takes courage, conviction, and wisdom.

As established, the United States is not a lawless country, not because US citizens obey the laws they establish, but because a free people dedicated to God always does the right thing whether a law exists or not. Is it a mess? Yes. It isn't for the faint at heart.

We are in danger of losing our country because the faint at heart have somehow been given license. We are in danger because we are being ruled by inexperienced, cowardly people, who are afraid and seek protections incompatible with the principles of freedom. We are in danger because our young people were taught to hate this country and were not taught the truths and verities essential to a free people. We are in danger because those who lead us have taken bribes or are corrupted by sexual deviancies, now being manipulated by foreign interest who can't allow a strong America stand. We are in danger because American parents drugged their own kids and left them at home alone, unattended for hours after school.

Above all, we are in danger because a malicious tide is rising, carrying with it a group of people who deny God's existence, not holding themselves responsible to the creator who blessed them. And unless the people awaken from stupor and apathy, we will not make it. The time is getting late

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we have people here in the UK who are supposed to be mentally ill, and on all sorts of drugs and hard drink. This problem is world-wide and not unique to the US. Yet, these mass shootings are very rare in countries outside the US?

It is the crazy gun culture in the US, with the powerful gun lobby, and the "right" to gun ownership in your Constitution, that is the main divining force of these continuted and frequent mass murders.

On this issue the US is well beyond hope, and will see even more of these mass killings, which the FBI have said have risen very greatly recently
No. You are wrong. Why did the UK ask for our help during WW1 and WW2? Germany was allowed to take Europe because Your country and others had no real deterrent and your leaders chose appeasement over courage and conviction. We won these wars, not you, who live under the umbrella of a strong US. We established peace in the world, not through appeasement but through strength of arms. But not only this, we won because our people were self-motivated individuals who chose to fight together, convinced of a just cause. We won because freedom and liberty always triumph over tyranny.

Next, you didn't listen to me when I told you that these children were murdered in a gun-free zone. Essentially, that school zone was a little bit of London. No guns allowed and protected by cowardly police who simply stand around with hands in pockets. That's London.

Now imagine what life would be like if every kid in that school had a firearm in his or her locker, and without hesitation and with great courage, killed that murderer before he could pull the trigger twice. The problem is not a gun culture. The problem is a lack of gun culture. The problem is that some parents have not seen the wisdom in an armed populace and forgot that many of them brought guns to school on a regular basis.

Talk to anyone my age, during my time boys went hunting after school and brought weapons to school so that they wouldn't need to return home first. Everyone knew it. The teachers and parents allowed it. And there were NO mass shootings then. We have mass shootings today because we have boys being raised on medications. Why? Because the public has accepted the lie that men and masculinity are toxic. Men are dangerous, yes. But dangerous men do dangerous jobs like winning two world wars.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
so you don't live in a democratic country, where there are laws, and people who are elected to power/office?

It sounds that you have a lawless country, where the government is against its own people, and the people are against the government!

what a MESS!

How can the US really be a FREE country?, except for killings?
And how can America 'be great again' if

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I live in the United States. Here, our constitution guarantees our freedom, our God-given freedom. Our founders wanted to establish a nation where each individual had the ability to make moral choices according to conscience. Obviously, this carries great risk for those who participate in this system. Everyone knows, or should have known the risks and live life accordingly.

In our system, guns not only serve as the means of self-defense, they serve as a deterrent. In our system, criminals have reason to pause if they believe that the homeowner has a weapon. Criminals prefer to attack the easy target. If the schools had weapons on hand, trained to use them, mass shooters would go elsewhere or perhaps think twice about entering the school grounds. Gun-free zones are easy targets.

Not only is an armed populace a deterrent against criminals, they are a deterrent against a tyrannical government. As I understand it, Australia forgot that. She had gun laws similar to those in the US, no? Once Australia disarmed the populace, we see tyranny has arisen unopposed. The founding fathers of the United States understood the vital principle that an armed populace will cause despotic people to think twice.

This is why traitors in our government want to put restrictions on our right to arm ourselves. They want to impose anti-human, tyrannical, pressures on our people. We would be unwise to allow this to happen. At the moment, America is the only country standing in the way of delusional people like Klaus Schwab.

Hahaha many Americans think that Australia is "disarmed", that there are no guns here... That is simply untrue

Also your lecturing me as if I'm anti gun but I never argued for that

Last edited:

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agreed with him if the fetus is gooey and slip through your fingers that is not primarily what the objection to abortion is about.

Yes they are fighting to murder babies. I could say it is satanic, i could say it is form of homicidal insanity. I could say it an insanity that is promoted by Satan.....but I cannot say it is right.

So explain your desire to support murdering babies? Do you think Christ would support it?

You think that performing an abortion is murdering babies? There is no reasoning with you. How many potential mothers would you have die? (That is a form of murder!) How many girls would you like to have their lives ruined after being raped? How many girls should be forced to give birth after being abused by their mother's boyfriend? By giving your assent, you are creating murder by proxy. That is Satanic!!!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The truth hurts!
So how can a Christian vote democrat?
Abortion
LBGTQ
Gun Control
Open borders---invasion of illegal aliens receiving government subsidies.
Against election security---No ID's required---illegal aliens voting---students on visas---ramped voter fraud
Support drug use --- pot stores---lenient on drug offenders
Soft on crime
Anti-law enforcement---defund the police
Reduction of the military
Support every give me – hand out program possible
Some strange brand of communism
Democrats against gas and shutdown pipelines
Anti-Christian---forbid assembly of churches---arrest pastors
Promoting the idea that if you are white and Christian, you are a white supremacist
Supported the BLM riots---BLM leaders declare they are Marxist and chat cuss words to Christ as they march---burn Bibles---and churches
Cancel culture---the democrat attack on all we value and hold good. Physical attack on landmarks. But salute those Pot stores and abortion clinics...LOL

Now we can go over these one at a time if you want.
Personally I consider it a sin for someone to vote for democrats, it is like voting for Satan.

You are clearly being deceived by Satan, the father of lies.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:rolleyes:

Did you mask, distance, stop going to church, get your vax?

That's your reply to my post that read: I have done my "homework" and, unlike you, know the truth?

BTW, how I conduct my personal life is none of your business. It's obvious that, since you know you've lost the argument, you now must resort to personal attacks.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your supporting evidence is “calling people who don’t hold your view”, Satan, Devil....?

That is typical of Democrats to call names, to avoid and deflect.

Perhaps you were educated in a Public indoctrination system.
Every US Government is an established Republic....not a Democracy!

Your supporting evidence is “calling people who don’t hold your view”, Satan, Devil....? Correct! Your thinking is clearly Satanic.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I AGREE, and it's not only REALITY, it SCRIPTURAL, which should be focus of the views expressed!

And where some have argued that the Luke 22-36 "sword" doesn't apply to Christians, then we should ask why Jesus mentioned the Purse and the Bag. Was the Purse to BRIBE those who came to arrest Jesus; and did the Bag contain a Pillow, Blanket, and SNICKERS Bar?

ALL apply to the church until Jesus Returns, and so we must be as sufficient as possible, and THEN rely on GOD to meet any gaps.

Bobby Jo

Matthew 26:52, "Then Jesus said to him, “Put your sword back in its place! For all who take hold of the sword will die by the sword." This does apply to Christians and everyone else.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The gun is NOT the problem. Most, if not all, of the school shooters in the US have mental illness. A lot of them are on psychotropic drugs. The problem America faces today is not guns; it's drug abuse and the over prescription of mood altering drugs given to children.

Also, consider that the police all carry weapons, but how long did it take for them to enter the school to engage the shooter? 40 minutes. Why? They were waiting for a SWAT team. What!? Where are the men? The real men. Again, the gun isn't the problem. It isn't the gun that makes the difference between life and death; it is the man holding the gun. The murderer was not a man, he was a boy with a mental illness. The police were not "men" they were cowards.

America is suffering from complacency, dependency, and cowardice.

@Pearl @Cristo Rei @Rita @mailmandan @MatthewG

So move to another country!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I live in the United States. Here, our constitution guarantees our freedom, our God-given freedom. Our founders wanted to establish a nation where each individual had the ability to make moral choices according to conscience. Obviously, this carries great risk for those who participate in this system. Everyone knows, or should have known the risks and live life accordingly.

In our system, guns not only serve as the means of self-defense, they serve as a deterrent. In our system, criminals have reason to pause if they believe that the homeowner has a weapon. Criminals prefer to attack the easy target. If the schools had weapons on hand, trained to use them, mass shooters would go elsewhere or perhaps think twice about entering the school grounds. Gun-free zones are easy targets.

Not only is an armed populace a deterrent against criminals, they are a deterrent against a tyrannical government. As I understand it, Australia forgot that. She had gun laws similar to those in the US, no? Once Australia disarmed the populace, we see tyranny has arisen unopposed. The founding fathers of the United States understood the vital principle that an armed populace will cause despotic people to think twice.

This is why traitors in our government want to put restrictions on our right to arm ourselves. They want to impose anti-human, tyrannical, pressures on our people. We would be unwise to allow this to happen. At the moment, America is the only country standing in the way of delusional people like Klaus Schwab.

"This is why traitors in our government want to put restrictions on our right to arm ourselves." is total nonsense. Love it or leave it!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. You are wrong. Why did the UK ask for our help during WW1 and WW2? Germany was allowed to take Europe because Your country and others had no real deterrent and your leaders chose appeasement over courage and conviction. We won these wars, not you, who live under the umbrella of a strong US. We established peace in the world, not through appeasement but through strength of arms. But not only this, we won because our people were self-motivated individuals who chose to fight together, convinced of a just cause. We won because freedom and liberty always triumph over tyranny.

Next, you didn't listen to me when I told you that these children were murdered in a gun-free zone. Essentially, that school zone was a little bit of London. No guns allowed and protected by cowardly police who simply stand around with hands in pockets. That's London.

Now imagine what life would be like if every kid in that school had a firearm in his or her locker, and without hesitation and with great courage, killed that murderer before he could pull the trigger twice. The problem is not a gun culture. The problem is a lack of gun culture. The problem is that some parents have not seen the wisdom in an armed populace and forgot that many of them brought guns to school on a regular basis.

Talk to anyone my age, during my time boys went hunting after school and brought weapons to school so that they wouldn't need to return home first. Everyone knew it. The teachers and parents allowed it. And there were NO mass shootings then. We have mass shootings today because we have boys being raised on medications. Why? Because the public has accepted the lie that men and masculinity are toxic. Men are dangerous, yes. But dangerous men do dangerous jobs like winning two world wars.

"Now imagine what life would be like if every kid in that school had a firearm in his or her locker, and without hesitation and with great courage, killed that murderer before he could pull the trigger twice." Great idea!! Let's arm third and fourth graders and teach tem to kill!

"We have mass shootings today because we have boys being raised on medications" and "the public has accepted the lie that men and masculinity are toxic." are two of the dumbest things I have ever read on this forum (and there are a lot of dumb things posted daily).

Status
Not open for further replies.