The Insanity of the "right" to have guns!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most people today dont have the stomach for war. They have tried to sanitize war, when in reality, there are no such things as innocents in a real war.

This is a big problem.
Freedom is not the natural state of the world.....there is always some one that will want to take it away. If they are not willing to fight for it.....they do not deserve it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lifelong_sinner

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The is a big problem.
Freedom is not the natural state of the world.....there is always some one that will want to take it away. If they are not willing to fight for it.....they do not deserve it.

So when Jesus went to the cross was He making a huge error?

Matthew 26:50-56, " Jesus said to him, “Friend, do what you are here to do.” Then they came and took hold of Jesus and arrested him. But one of those with Jesus grabbed his sword, drew it out, and struck the high priest’s slave, cutting off his ear. Then Jesus said to him, “Put your sword back in its place! For all who take hold of the sword will die by the sword. Or do you think that I cannot call on my Father, and that he would send me more than twelve legions of angels right now? How then would the scriptures that say it must happen this way be fulfilled?” At that moment Jesus said to the crowd, “Have you come out with swords and clubs to arrest me like you would an outlaw? Day after day I sat teaching in the temple courts, yet you did not arrest me. But this has happened so that the scriptures of the prophets would be fulfilled.” Then all the disciples left him and fled."

So Jesus, according to you, should have grabbed a sword and fought the Roman soldiers? He clearly wasn't willing to fight them and taught that all (who lack faith in God) will die by the sword.

Sorry, Grailhunter, but I follow Christ, not only His words but His clear examples of how to behave according to God.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The background checks don't help much because all of the information about the mentally disturbed is hidden by the government.
It is called HIIPA.... medical records are confidential.....privacy reasons.
Sorry, but this is not quite correct. When we applied for our concealed carry permits, the Sherriff's department required us to sign waivers authorizing all medical providers to release information about mental illness, psychological evaluations, PTSD, drug and alcohol abuse, etc. My wife and I just applied for our 5-year CCW renewals last week, so I have the paperwork right here. The CCW permits also double as Pistol Purchase Permits in our state.

Reactions: Jim B

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your twisting the truth is obvious for others to see. How many times must you lie?

Name calling, accusing that which which you do.
Enough of your Big “D” tactics.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We failed because our govt held us back, just like in iraq and afghanistan. If you’re fighting a real war, then you go in and do whatever it takes to win. You dont create rules of engagement and go by the geneva conventions.

Held back, how?
I just think they thought they were all that but really weren't good enough and underestimated the enemy

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
War is the application of force to accomplish defined political goals. Obliterating the enemy may or may not serve those goals.

Part of the problem with those wars is that the goals were not clearly defined, or they changed over time (mission creep), or the wars had unforeseen consequences (imagine that!) that put other political goals at risk.

US Constitution allows for declaration of War....and that last happened WWII, 1942, and for the last 80 years the US govt has been confiscating the people’s wealth to support Un-Constitutional supposed Wars.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Humility in Jehovah is always the case everywhere, we are here because of Jehovah.

you said in #1165

You see I broke my promise, not to get involved in such threads, I just can’t stand ingrates who don’t appreciate they were saved and exist today because of America the Beautiful.

Jehovah forgive me!

and I responded that America exists because of England. simple fact

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you said in #1165

You see I broke my promise, not to get involved in such threads, I just can’t stand ingrates who don’t appreciate they were saved and exist today because of America the Beautiful.

Jehovah forgive me!

and I responded that America exists because of England. simple fact
Or Christopher Columbus through Spain.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I apologize. Where do you think Americans get the idea that Australia is disarmed. And why did you put "disarmed" in quotes? If Australia is armed, why the tyranny then? Haven't had enough yet?

I put the term "disarmed" in quotes cos that's what you said.

So I'll repeat the fact again...
Australia is not disarmed at all. We can buy guns here.

I think Americans get this idea from when they introduced tougher gun laws a while back. If you want to discuss those details fine but first you must admit your wrong. We have guns here

I saw similar tyranny in Canada and America and Europe. Joe Biden tried mandating needles to the whole country. That didn't happen here. Canada froze bank accounts. That didn't happen here either. People being detained without being heard. Cities locked down. Its just as tyrannical over there if not more so.

But my main point is this. You Americans think there are no guns here in Australia. Your wrong

Reactions: CadyandZoe

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

I think Americans get this idea from when they introduced tougher gun laws a while back. If you want to discuss those details fine but first you must admit your wrong. We have guns here

I saw similar tyranny in Canada and America and Europe. Joe Biden tried mandating needles to the whole country. That didn't happen here. Canada froze bank accounts. That didn't happen here either. People being detained without being heard. Cities locked down. Its just as tyrannical over there if not more so.

But my main point is this. You Americans think there are no guns here in Australia. Your wrong

is Wiki right?

A person must have a firearm licence to possess or use a firearm. Licence holders must demonstrate a "genuine reason" (which does not include self-defence) for holding a firearm licence and must not be a "prohibited person".

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I know there are guns in Australia. One of the biggest mass shootings also happened there.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
is Wiki right?

A person must have a firearm licence to possess or use a firearm. Licence holders must demonstrate a "genuine reason" (which does not include self-defence) for holding a firearm licence and must not be a "prohibited person".

Wiki is fairly accurate on gun laws in Australia.
Not sure about the "genuine reason" but.

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
is Wiki right?

Not entirely true and may be based on the state. Here in Florida, I can have a firearm without a license in my home. I still had to pass the background check to purchase the gun and that was a three day hold. I can transport the weapon in my car as well and there are other restrictions on that as well.

I have gone for my concealed permit and passed the class, I just haven't applied for the permit yet. I took the class months after receiving my firearm.

Status
Not open for further replies.