The Insanity of the "right" to have guns!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I know there are guns in Australia. One of the biggest mass shootings also happened there.

Many people overseas seem to think all guns are banned here and I'm just sick of hearing this false claim "your unarmed" "your blah blah blah".

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t deny that, I’m the one who answered your question when you asked it, I am from one of the original 13 colonies, and yes the Puritans which made our great nation Christian.

Which one?

I am originally from PA and have lived in NJ and NY.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not entirely true and may be based on the state. Here in Florida, I can have a firearm without a license in my home. I still had to pass the background check to purchase the gun and that was a three day hold. I can transport the weapon in my car as well and there are other restrictions on that as well.

I have gone for my concealed permit and passed the class, I just haven't applied for the permit yet. I took the class months after receiving my firearm.

I think they were referring to Australian laws

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many people overseas seem to think all guns are banned here and I'm just sick of hearing this false claim "your unarmed" "your blah blah blah".
Because I think many people think Australia is like England, I think that is where the misunderstanding comes from.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Not entirely true and may be based on the state. Here in Florida, I can have a firearm without a license in my home. I still had to pass the background check to purchase the gun and that was a three day hold. I can transport the weapon in my car as well and there are other restrictions on that as well.

I have gone for my concealed permit and passed the class, I just haven't applied for the permit yet. I took the class months after receiving my firearm.

sorry, I should have said that the Wiki article is about guns in Australia

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I put the term "disarmed" in quotes cos that's what you said.

So I'll repeat the fact again...
Australia is not disarmed at all. We can buy guns here.

I think Americans get this idea from when they introduced tougher gun laws a while back. If you want to discuss those details fine but first you must admit your wrong. We have guns here

I saw similar tyranny in Canada and America and Europe. Joe Biden tried mandating needles to the whole country. That didn't happen here. Canada froze bank accounts. That didn't happen here either. People being detained without being heard. Cities locked down. Its just as tyrannical over there if not more so.

But my main point is this. You Americans think there are no guns here in Australia. Your wrong
I am willing to admit I am wrong. And I take your word for it. But I was curious why people here believe you are disarmed. For the sake of clarity, can you explain this article?

Australia confiscated 650,000 guns. Murders and suicides plummeted.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
US Constitution allows for declaration of War....and that last happened WWII, 1942, and for the last 80 years the US govt has been confiscating the people’s wealth to support Un-Constitutional supposed Wars.

This is insanity!

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am willing to admit I am wrong. And I take your word for it. But I was curious why people here believe you are disarmed. For the sake of clarity, can you explain this article?

Australia confiscated 650,000 guns. Murders and suicides plummeted.

Ok iv switched on my laptop so that i could post this picture i took a couple months ago.
And this is not in a gun shop but a camping shop.
How else do you guys think we deal with crocodiles, snakes and other such animals in Australia? :)

I just think your media have used it as propaganda and blown it out of proportion by saying "look at them blah blah blah no guns"... Its all propaganda my friend to try and bring in more gun laws to the USA

20220423_125846.jpg

Last edited:

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
US Constitution allows for declaration of War....and that last happened WWII, 1942, and for the last 80 years the US govt has been confiscating the people’s wealth to support Un-Constitutional supposed Wars.
Technically, the US Congress has abandoned it's power and responsibility to "Declare War" by delegating that power to the President through "Authorization of Military Force" resolutions such as were used after 9/11.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, but this is not quite correct. When we applied for our concealed carry permits, the Sherriff's department required us to sign waivers authorizing all medical providers to release information about mental illness, psychological evaluations, PTSD, drug and alcohol abuse, etc. My wife and I just applied for our 5-year CCW renewals last week, so I have the paperwork right here. The CCW permits also double as Pistol Purchase Permits in our state.

Never heard of such a thing. I have had a carry license since 1980 and I owned a gun shop for a while. They do not register mentally ill patients federally because if the mentally ill knew it they would not seek treatment. Doctor - patient confidentially is a legal thing.

Then again, although I know they are not that accurate, by experience because I called them in. I do support background checks, anything that could help, but the government, last I heard, was still a ways away from a combined federal data base. It would be good if they got that accomplished.

Status
Not open for further replies.