The Insanity of the "right" to have guns!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
it is very difficult to buy a gun here in England, if you want to protect yourself or family

So you don't believe in protecting yourself or family? Seems silly to me as i would do anything to protect mine
All we do is claim its for hunting, pass a check and buy a gun

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So you don't believe in protecting yourself or family? Seems silly to me as i would do anything to protect mine
All we do is claim its for hunting, pass a check and buy a gun

I really don't get it about guns and so called protection.

As believers and followers of the Lord Jesus Christ, we trust Him to save us from eternal punishment, and our eternal futures, but not in the present life?

Is the Lord's Hand shortened that somehow He is not able to protect us and our families? Is the Lord no longer ALMIGHTY?

Some Christians do make me wonder

Reactions: JohnPaul

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

As believers and followers of the Lord Jesus Christ, we trust Him to save us from eternal punishment, and our eternal futures, but not in the present life?

Is the Lord's Hand shortened that somehow He is not able to protect us and our families? Is the Lord no longer ALMIGHTY?

The fact that Christians die by the hands of attackers, means He does not protect everyone. So, I will do what I can to be sure to protect myself and my family.

Reactions: Wrangler

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The fact that Christians die by the hands of attackers, means He does not protect everyone. So, I will do what I can to be sure to protect myself and my family.

The reasons why the Lord allows wicked things to His own children, is part of the great mystery of His ways. However in everything the Lord is perfect and without any blame or fault.

Reactions: JohnPaul

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ did NOT promise that we would not have trouble in this present world. Just the opposite; see John 16:33. He promised we would have trials and tribulations in this world.

If God calls you to be a peacemaker, do so with all your strength and courage. If God calls you to protect yourself and especially to protect those who cannot protect themselves, do so with all your strength and courage. If He calls you to lay down your life for His sake, do so with all your courage. Respect each other's callings, people. Please.

But none of this "follow Jesus and you'll be protected and get health and wealth and never have to suffer" gospel, please. When that sand gets washed out by the waves, you'll have nothing left to stand on.

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reasons why the Lord allows wicked things to His own children, is part of the great mystery of His ways. However in everything the Lord is perfect and without any blame or fault.

Doesn't mean I will not do what I can to protect my family or myself up to and including using a gun.

I am given this family to protect and keep from harm, and I will do so.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Well I certainly don't demonise people for owning guns as you do. :eek:

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Separate yourself from this world and devote your life to Jehovah, for he is in charge and things will only get worse guns or no guns, all these things must come to pass, before we are given paradise back the way Jehovah planned for us.

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Technically, the US Congress has abandoned it's power and responsibility to "Declare War" by delegating that power to the President through "Authorization of Military Force" resolutions such as were used after 9/11.

Lawfully, that would have required an Amendment.
But nothing new. The Constitution has been a doormat for decades, and once seated, corruption has superglued them to their seats. The Hierarchy of the People’s lifelong Welfare Burdens.

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Separate yourself from this world and devote your life to Jehovah, for he is in charge and things will only get worse guns or no guns, all these things must come to pass, before we are given paradise back the way Jehovah planned for us.

You do that. I will continue to protect and defend myself and my family from those looking to harm us with a gun if need be.

Reactions: Taken

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You do that. I will continue to protect and defend myself and my family from those looking to harm us with a gun if need be.

how do YOU protect your kids when they are at school? It is absurd for anyone to think that somehow they can really "protect" their families 24x7x365!

It is now emerging, that the police who were meant to "protect" these school kids from the shooter, FAILED to do anything for quite a while! What a useless "service"!

Uvalde shooting: Photos show cops rescuing Texas schoolchildren from windows | Daily Mail Online

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Crazy. When I drive down the road and someone jumps out or stops shot, I could rely on the Lord Jesus Christ to save me, the child or other vehicle and passages. I tend to do what I can to save life and property.

The Bible commands us to knock and the door will be opened. We have to do our part. Heaven helps those who helps themselves.

Oliver Cromwell said, pray, but keep your powder dry.

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how do YOU protect your kids when they are at school? It is absurd for anyone to think that somehow they can really "protect" their families 24x7x365!

It is now emerging, that the police who were meant to "protect" these school kids from the shooter, FAILED to do anything for quite a while! What a useless "service"!

Uvalde shooting: Photos show cops rescuing Texas schoolchildren from windows | Daily Mail Online

I have already answered that. I will protect them when they are with me. I expect the school to protect them when I am not there. You have made an assumption that I meant 24x7. I did not. I can protect myself 24/7 though.

As for the schools not doing anything. That was one school. The school district that my kids are in has school resource officers that have extensive firearms training and are usually ex-military or police. I also live in the county with one of the best Sheriffs in the country, Sherriff Grady Judd. His deputies won't be like those in Uvalde.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have already answered that. I will protect them when they are with me. I expect the school to protect them when I am not there. You have made an assumption that I meant 24x7. I did not. I can protect myself 24/7 though.

As for the schools not doing anything. That was one school. The school district that my kids are in has school resource officers that have extensive firearms training and are usually ex-military or police. I also live in the county with one of the best Sheriffs in the country, Sherriff Grady Judd. His deputies won't be like those in Uvalde.

the school could not protect these kids. the police failed to stop the shooter, so they failed to protect the kids! get real. as Christians it is the LORD Who is the ONLY PROTECTOR!

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the school could not protect these kids. the police failed to stop the shooter, so they failed to protect the kids! get real. as Christians it is the LORD Who is the ONLY PROTECTOR!

I am as real as they come. When I tell you that I feel that my kids are safe in their school, I mean I feel that they are safe in their school.

Also, you're missing the point, God doesn't protect everyone, otherwise, 19 children would still be alive. It is our job to protect our families and kids while on this earth and to expect that wherever they are, they will be protected there as well by the adults in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.