The invisible man

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You haven't demonstrated one thing you claim you know, I'm a waiting on the fact's here. You've given me none.
Let's be straight about one thing - I don't owe you any facts. I'm not selling anything, and you can take it or leave it.

You asked, and I am happy to respond. But you needed to go back and catch up with what you did not read or acknowledge, because you went on and on about believing verses knowing, which I had already addressed.

So, get your act together and we can proceed, or stay in the dark.

Meanwhile, yes, I know, because (as I said) I am one of the many who have heard from God from outside the common realm.

Reactions: amadeus

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're all sunshine & rainbow's. You know what, you are the one who's obsessing over the fate of people & their demise.
This is like what a caterpillar might say to a butterfly.

Would you prefer we were silent?

Did you not come to us?

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
This is like what a caterpillar might say to a butterfly.

Would you prefer we were silent?

Did you not come to us?
I'm not coming to you, get that straight. I once came to you as a believer and you treated me like garbage. I've lost everything due to your religion, get that straight.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not coming to you, get that straight. I once came to you as a believer and you treated me like garbage. I've lost everything due to your religion, get that straight.
Humble yourself. You have been biting someone with teeth also. You should have expected this response. But you came here for a reason. Let's get to the bottom of what that is. Do you just want to blame and criticize, or would you like some real answers?

In all sincerity, let's quit the backbiting and do this.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're all sunshine & rainbow's. You know what, you are the one who's obsessing over the fate of people & their demise.
Obsessing? Perhaps instead of so selfishly always looking to ourselves we all should be concerned about others:

"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!" Matt 23:37

"Jesus wept." John 11:35

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Obsessing? Perhaps instead of so selfishly always looking to ourselves we all should be concerned about others:

"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!" Matt 23:37

"Jesus wept." John 11:35
No one can or should think of other's 24/7 it is very unhealthy, and detrimental for a person's individuality.

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
But Jesus did and we are to become like him.
Why pick a role model that is impossible to please, that no one can ever match. You might think that a person who is perfect is admirable, but it set's a standard no one can fulfill or achieve. Your domed to fail.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why pick a role model that is impossible to please, that no one can ever match. You might think that a person who is perfect is admirable, but it set's a standard no one can fulfill or achieve. Your domed to fail.
You are correct so long as you are trying to fulfill or achieve on your own power. I don't do all of my own work.

"And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible." Mark 10:27

"... Christ in you, the hope of glory:" Col 1:27

Reactions: Episkopos

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
You are correct so long as you are trying to fulfill or achieve on your own power. I don't do all of my own work.

"And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible." Mark 10:27

"... Christ in you, the hope of glory:" Col 1:27
And that's another thing, you believe Jesus does everything for you. That's like sitting a test and letting the teacher answer all the questions.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that's another thing, you believe Jesus does everything for you. That's like sitting a test and letting the teacher answer all the questions.
I'll keep praying that God will give you a vision:

"And Elisha prayed, and said, LORD, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha." II Kings 6:17

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
I'll keep praying that God will give you a vision:

"And Elisha prayed, and said, LORD, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha." II Kings 6:17
I know love when I encounter it.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does being born again make you see invisible thing's. OK if you're really born again and have some existential eye's to see into another world, then you should be able to describe it for me.
Back to your questions:

Being born again of the spirit of God gives you spiritual eyes to see spiritual things. What is born of the flesh, is flesh, and what is born of the spirit, is spirit.

Do you know what a two-world image is? It is an image that shows both what is above the sea, as well as what is below the surface. Being only born of the flesh, is like not seeing what is below the surface of the sea. Is this so hard to imagine when the surface of the earth is over 70% water? And if you were convinced that we evolved from the sea to the land, is it not logical that we then evolve to what is above? Here I have used the logic of the world, which falls short of the actual truth and needs some clarification - but perhaps it is a start.

So, yes, I can describe it for you. But I will warn you, you are asking a sighted person to explain visions to one who is blind. The limitation, is not mine.

Reactions: faithfulness

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian

If you consider life one big test to prove who is worthy, I do not agree. It is more like a smelters furnace, or as the bible says refiners fire. On an individual level our lives go through the fire, to remove the impurities. A similar thing will happen to this world, the wicked will be cast aside as dross.

All the wicked of the earth you discard like dross; therefore I love your statutes.
Psalm 119:119 NIV

Reactions: faithfulness