The Israelites and the Law

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Reddsta

Jul 5, 2023
SC Wisconsin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know what; You are the one who believes lies, you directly reject Prophesies like Isaiah 56:6-7
Sorry you feel that way Keras...the verses you site here...are in reference to those among "natural" Israel...strangers and eunuchs included...who "keep the sabbath...do what is pleasing to the Lord"...and lives by the "Law and Prophets"...I am sure the Lord did as He said He would.

This was a prophecy for Isaiah...in his day...who's life span was ranging from 740 BCE to 670 BCE and it was for Israel and those who keep the law...the promise is that the Lord will gather them to those "already gathered."

I have never rejected that.

Redd...:)

Reddsta

Jul 5, 2023
SC Wisconsin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is my saviour. He gave me the task of promoting the Prophetic Word. That I get very little agreement, is just to be expected, as the ancient Prophets were vilified and sometimes killed.
Why is that? Because God has hidden these things from the wise and educated people. Matthew 11:25
As you wish Keras...promoting the light of the "lesser" the "Old and obsolete" over the "greater" "New and in play" is not what the Lord Yahshua Christ called you or anybody to...ever. There is no Holy Spirit "wisdom" in what you teach...unless you were alive in Israel 2000 years ago. Sabbath Keepers are Law keepers...that's a completely different age of God friend.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In principle, that is correct and I agree with it.
Ezekiel 45:20 says why some sacrifices still need to happen.

That is past not future. None of Eze 40-48 are future. No sacrificing will be done. Any idea of doing that is no different than the sacrificing they are planning to do soon. It is wrong and offensive to God.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
As you wish Keras...promoting the light of the "lesser" the "Old and obsolete" over the "greater" "New and in play"
This is a grossly wrong accusation. If you cared to look at my website, with its nearly a thousand articles, you would see how I use the entire Bible and even the Apocrypha, to make an accurate and coherent story of the Prophetic Word.

Isaiah 56:1-8 is not referring to Isaiah's time. It is an end times Prophecy, proved by how the Lord will add to those already gathered.
Who must be the Christians; grafted in. Romans 11:13-17
That is past not future. None of Eze 40-48 are future. No sacrificing will be done. Any idea of doing that is no different than the sacrificing they are planning to do soon. It is wrong and offensive to God.
You show your narrow and myopic view of Bible Prophecy. You fail to property read and understand Ezekiel 40 to 48, which is plainly; obviously; unfulfilled Prophecy.

I almost feel sorry for the likes of people who have been brainwashed into doctrines like preterism and the shockingly false 'rapture to heaven' theory. However, the truth is Written and is there for them to see, and when they stand before God in Judgment, they will be saved, but as through fire, their works burned up. 1 Corinthians 3:13-15

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The Davidic Line and the Covenants:
Soon after the nations had been dispersed at Babel, God entered into a Covenant with Abram, for the purpose of blessing the world through him and his descendants, who we know are only people of faith; Jew and Gentile. Galatians 3:26-29

This covenant, known as the Abrahamic Covenant unconditionally promises three things to the Lord’s people: land / seed or descendants / and blessings. These three promises are confirmed in further covenants that God made with the original, natural descendants and all who qualify by faith; like that displayed by Abraham. Galatians 3:26-29
The Land, all that area from the Nile to the Euphrates, has never been occupied solely by any one group as yet.

This seed aspect of the Abrahamic Covenant’s promises is later amplified in what is known as the Davidic Covenant. After God rejected Saul, God selected David from among Jesse’s sons, leading to David’s anointing as the nation’s second king.

In time, God entered into a covenant with David, promising that through David’s lineage would come an eternal house, throne, and kingdom.
The Gospels confirm Jesus Christ as the unique Davidic descendant who will one day rule the world from Jerusalem.

While the Abrahamic and Davidic Covenants are unconditional, the Mosaic Covenant is conditional; Exodus 19-23 Thus, any given generation within Israel must meet the conditions of the Mosaic Covenant in order to experience the blessings promised in the Abrahamic and Davidic Covenants. They must enthrone the king of God’s own choosing, Deuteronomy 17:15, to satisfy the condition of obedience found in the Mosaic Covenant.

First-century Israel failed to enthrone Jesus, so they lost the covenantal blessings. Such a rejection not only led to first-century Israel’s loss of the Kingdom blessings, Matthew 21:43, but also to a long interim age of two thousand years; when the earthly Davidic line would be continued, but not known as such. Luke 19:11-27

During this time of postponement, the ascended Christ has been elevated to the Father’s right hand. Acts 2:33-34; Psalms 110:1 In this position of glory, Jesus continues His ministry spiritually, in which He functions as priest and our Comforter. Matthew 28:20

Many years elapsed between David’s anointing as king and when David actually began to reign after Saul’s death. In the same way, Christ has been anointed at His Ascension as the one who will ultimately fulfil the Davidic Covenant. However, He will not begin to actually rule as Davidic king until the nations are made His footstool, Hebrews 10:12-13, and Satan has finally been deposed at the inauguration of the Messiah’s earthly kingdom.

Revelation 3:21 He who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit down with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.
Those trusting in Christ will be rewarded (future) by joining Him in His earthly reign, Revelation 5:10a, just as Christ overcame and sat down (past) on His Father’s heavenly throne. Nowhere is it said that we humans go to live in heaven.

During the future glorious one-thousand year era, everything that was promised in the Abrahamic and Davidic Covenants will find a literal fulfilment when Christ will rule the world from Jerusalem. This earthly kingdom will then merge into the Eternal State, fulfilling the Davidic Covenant’s eternal Promise. 1 Corinthians 15:24
Ref: A Woods

Reddsta

Jul 5, 2023
SC Wisconsin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Davidic Line and the Covenants:
Soon after the nations had been dispersed at Babel, God entered into a Covenant with Abram, for the purpose of blessing the world through him and his descendants, who we know are only people of faith; Jew and Gentile. Galatians 3:26-29

This covenant, known as the Abrahamic Covenant unconditionally promises three things to the Lord’s people: land / seed or descendants / and blessings. These three promises are confirmed in further covenants that God made with the original, natural descendants and all who qualify by faith; like that displayed by Abraham. Galatians 3:26-29
Keraz...I have looked this over good for about a week...I will show you what I mean with the first scripture you cited...

“For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. (27) For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.

The only ones who are ever considered “sons of God” here are those said to be “clothed with Christ” via baptism into Christ meaning…filled in “their”…this is speaking of the “sons of God”…”spirit”…by Him…as the “Holy Spirit”…there are and can be no others who are named as “sons of God” today.

This is because the “sons of God” have been “born” into the “invisible Spirit Kingdom of our God” and Christ…spiritually…born again…from fleshly being to Spirit being. This is “one new” spiritual…not fleshly…”spiritual man” Keraz. This "spiritual man" is on the earth and in heaven as you read this today…right now.

(28) There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

By virtue of the “spiritual nature” of this “one new man in Christ” as explained above…as being “eternal” in essence…exactly as Yahshua “is”…in the spiritual Kingdom of God…there is no longer the requirement of the ethnic nomenclature that commonly attends those yet existing as the “mere or natural man”…that is typically defined by ethnicity or class. “Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God.”

This concept is nicely articulated by Paul in Ephesians 2…“(14) For He Himself [Yahshua] is our peace, who made both groups [Jew and gentile] into one and broke down the barrier of the dividing wall, (15) by abolishing in His flesh [done in His human body] the enmity, [murderous hatred] which is the Law of commandments contained in ordinances, [abolishing that which caused the separation…via the fulfillment of all the Law and Prophets] so that in Himself He might make the two [Jew and gentile] into one new man, thus establishing peace, (16) and might reconcile them both in one body to God through the cross, [complete…finished] by it having put to death the enmity.” Eph 2:14-16 NASB [Emphasis mine]

Essentially this illuminates the futility of you trying to make God into the image of your choice Keraz. All the Law and Prophets and subsequent covenants completed and fulfilled in the Lord Yahshua Christ…are just that completed and fulfilled…another way of saying it is…”it is finished.” Have you ever heard those words before Keraz?

That is exactly what Paul is saying in the next verse from your citation of Galatians 3…read it and rejoice. “(29) And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's descendants, heirs according to promise. Gal 3:26-29 NASB

Covenant fulfilled in Christ…”(19) So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and are of God's household, (20) having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner stone, (21) in whom the whole building, being fitted together, is growing into a holy temple in the Lord, (22) in whom you also are being built together into a dwelling of God in the Spirit.”

Keraz…simply put your own blindness to the scriptures you cite cause you to reject the cross of Christ…Christ Himself…His shed blood…His Holy Spirit…the entire purpose for God’s creation altogether.

The eternal spiritual Kingdom of God came to earth in the Lord Yahshua…He was found to be the spotless Lamb of God…He was sacrificed and accepted by His Father…He was glorified and He poured Himself out on humanity on Pentecost as the Holy Spirit. Though you seem to have a reasonably sound understanding of certain elements of the old covenant truths…you refuse to realize that it was all fulfilled and completed in Christ…in this place you cannot understand the plan of God moving into the end of the age due to the spiritual blindness of your pride.

You really need to repent…you do not see Him as He is.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You really need to repent
Repent from what?
I read and understand the Prophetic Word, all the Prophets inform us of what will happen during the end times, leading up to the glorious Return of Jesus for His Millennium reign.
God's Plan for mankind is far from being all fulfilled and completed, as yet.